Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #31

Well I've had a good afternoon, after a whole week of trying to get Wyatt to do a wee in the toilet, this afternoon we had success, so I'm that we are going to keep this up, I will have to buy him some jocks this week, and hopefully in a month or so I will only be buying nappies for Cody.

Rory have fun crossing stuff off your list, yay for Flynn cammando crawling.

hugs xoxo

Well, we went up to Jaeger and the lady was really welcoming. She asked when we were available and we replied anytime. Soo, we start next Saturday!!!!!!!! I am soooooo excited. We will be moving the animals, vaccinating, mating...as much as we can.Plus we'll be learning about them as well.

Great news Jess!!! (and Amanda - posted in your WOOHOO) Looks like we are all having a top night!

Oh Aesome news jess! Congrats, you will be able to tell us the world of alpacas soon.
    Amanda- oh WTG Wyatt clever boy! that will be great to get him out of nappies

Rory- i know what u mean about ME time, well i certainly got it yesterday, after my pamper got home and dh had cleaned the house after RA rung and said they had soemone coming through in the arvo.
    Then we dropped Nixon off in the arvo at our friends place, went into dockalnds for dinner with 2 friends and went to watch Eric Clapton! So i only knew 2 songs the whole night (Layla, Cocaine) but it was still great. The guitarists were amazing, did heaps of solo's, came back to get Nixon, he woke when i put him in the car and stayed awake the whole 30min trip home (at middnight) but then i put him to bed and he peacefully drifted off sortly after!
    Ahh what a stress free, relaxing, fun, entertaining day!

WOW...I'd love to go see Eric Clapton!
    Well, heading upto my uncles today to drop some food into him. He lives on a farm with his 2 dogs (a collie and a border collie). Got sick of carrying Patrick everywhere so got Bella's old walker out of the shed for him to use...he doesn't like it though as he is outside watching Daddy work on the car crying(no tears mind you!)
    [email protected] telling you all about the life of Alpacas! Trust me if you don't know anything about them, it is very boring!! James' best mate is the manager of one of the biggest Alpaca farms in Victoria (they have over 1000 alpacas on their farm) and when he use to talk about them he used to get very boring, but one day I got to hold one and I fell in love with the gorgeous animals.Anyway, better go Pat have picked the noise level up a notch and is sounding very annoyed with Mummy not holding him.
    Catch you when I get home!

Rory - well done Flynn for crawling. Must have been a very proud moment for DH to see if before you, I think they love it when they are part of something first. LOL about the Yazz song, haven't heard it in ages. I don't think they had another song after that one. Chaos - think of how boring life would be without a bit of it!

Amanda - go Wyatt! How nice would it be to only buy nappies for 1! Hope he continues to do well with his TT.

Nic - concert sounded great, plus the nice dinner out, pampering and DH cleaning the house - how good is that!!!!

Jess - great news about the alpaca job!

Me time: I love my time out without the kids! Today I went out with my GF's to our regular monthly catchup (normally Fri dinner but changed this month) to a Yum Cha in Syndal. It was absolutely sensational and it cost us $20 each and we had heaps of food plus a bottle of champagne to celebrate one of my friends sucessfully completing her Doctoral thesis! Come home and DH has taken both girls to his mums for a swim. House is strangely quiet.

DH and I went to my cousins 18th birthday party last night and felt extremely old!!!! The way some of the girls dressed left a lot to be desired. Had a couple of glasses of wine and left at midnight. Got home and IL's were still awake watching Rocky 3! They are so not the type to watch that movie but they said it was good LOL!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi all, sounds like an interesting weekend all round!
    Jess - that's great news about the alpacas, I hope it pans out well.
    Mel - midnight, you party animal! Couldn't have been that bad if you didn't leave before then
    Nic - good one on the gig!
    Rory - funny how we each think of our time; I can perfectly see why there are things many mummies want to do by themselves and, as someone who thought she'd never have kids, I can't for the life of me think of why I'm not one of them. Honestly, all the fun stuff I want to do, oddly enough, I want to be able to do them with Oscar (and maybe DP, I suppose!). If it weren't for the glaring safety factor, I'd love to ride my horse with Oscar in the Ergo and share that with him. I guess I'm just the odd one out here for not wanting me time...typical (always was the kid doing her own thing...and getting into trouble for drawing a tree trunk in pink and not brown...)! It does strike me as odd that I'm like this. Maybe my current state of motherhood was so unanticipated even 5 years ago, that I've swung to the polar opposite and I'm trying to integrate Oscar into my life completely (cos he's not the drag I was led to believe kids are to your life), and defying the expectations that even I used to have about what motherhood would be. I guess I was in a pretty good place in many aspects of my life when I fell pregnant, that I reckon it's cool enough to share with this boylet. Hmmm, I do think I'm an oddity, now that we've had a few posts about this topic! I guess (and this is not a derision of PND sufferers, or even any kind of gloating) that I am the least likely candidate for PND, and whatever I did to prepare for Oscar, I need to do again for the next one to make sure it stays that way Like I've said before, though, I think it's significant that I never had a career or proper 'grown-up' life before Oscar came along and the things I was doing before don't really conflict with the reality of having a kiddie. I don't know, I'm aimlessly musing now, trying to figure out why I'm the only one who doesn't crave Me Time. Fruitcake, like my GF says, perhaps!
    Well, back to earth now. We just had a pretty ideal hot Sunday. DP went to Bendigo with the brigade running team (that's not the ideal bit...or is it??) and I'd organised early in the week to head down to Mt Martha with MIL and the dogs to visit DP's aunt. So, we did. And it was just so lovely. We had lunch with the aunt and her old friend (literally, as well as figuratively...she'll be 90 next year!), Oscar charmed the pants off them and then MIL and I went to walk the dogs, with Oscar on my back. Returned, with dogs suitably knackered, and then got dressed for the beach. One short walk later and we were there stripping Oscar down to his hat and UV shirt. I left him on the shore with MIL and ducked in, went back to get the boy, returned to MIL to double dare her to go in (and she did!) and after a bit more of a splash with all 3 of us in there, we strolled back, said goodbye and ambled back home. I'm so glad it didn't get as hot as it will get tomorrow.
    I got home and at the front door was a bag of goodies that a friend from Boobie Club dropped off - the cutest stuff! I'll have to do something nice for her! I put Oscar into the rainbow romper at his next change. He's got a fluffy jacket and also a spare nappy change bag that is handmade and very cute. I love my mates! Last night we went to a brigade friend's place and she gave us four bags of clothes (well, they are loan ones, but quite happy to give back four bags of clothes instead of deciding what to do with them when we're done).
    Anyway, Rory, that's ace about Flynn crawling! It gets so much more fun from here - and I mean that, I'm not saying it in that sarcastic way that you sometimes get from people who have had kids before you. Oh, and I hear you about eyebrow plucking...that IS one thing that has suffered adversely from Oscar's arrival...
    Well, gotta collect a DP and dinner, but first must put carseat back into the car...

I am sooo wrapped atm!!!!
    I unashamedly went onto Ebay on the premise of buying Lizzie some clothes to wear to Kinder(She starts 4yo tomorrow!)anyway as I was looking through the bulk lot of clothes I found a set of 35 items 00-000 so I bid on them and I bought them for $25....They are in Frankston so now I have to figure out how to get them. I also bid on some Peter Rabbit clothes for Pat and won them as well for $6.50. Poor Lizzie didn't get anything this week, next week its her turn!

As I said Liz starts Kinder tomorrow so its only going to be my two babies at home until 2pm..The boobie monster is here now and DH has cracked the ****typoos cause he wanted some action tonight. What is it with the male ALWAYS wanting to DTD? DH doesn't care if the kids are in the annexe or if they are playing outside, he wants it no matter what...I am soooooo over it now!

Bellasmum - no offence but I should be so lucky!! Grass is always greener...and what are you going to do with yourself with only(!) TWO kidlets??

RoryRory - so cool about Flynn crawling, how awesome. HOw cute!! Don't think Ruby will be there for a while yet...

Nickers - great you a had a night out, sounds,like it went so well.

sorry everyone else, I'm wasted, had one of my nephews here most of the weekend and have spent FAR too much time on the PC!

Nickel- I have no idea! Most probably worry bout her all day!

Good morning

Was out-and-about most of the weekend... got a small window of opportunity before Niall wakes up from his morning nap.

Rory: "(you have to) teach the boy to clap so he doesn't fail him 8 month MCHN "test" hahahah! You're a crack up! But you got me thinking because Niall can't clap either!!! Oh No!!!

Jess: That's absolutely fantastic news about James' and your new joint career as Alpaca farm assistants! I'm kinda jealous! DH adores alpacas too and I'd love to be able to work with him everyday... we get along good that way.

Nic: oooh your pamper session sounded great too... make sure you do it more often especially when your pregnant with number 2!

IK: I understand not really needing "me time" much... I was a little more inclined to be that way when Verity was a baby but not these days. I think, like you, I had kinda skipped being an "adult" because I had her relatively young and wasn't used to having a career and an orderly life etc. I had also spent a few years prior to meeting DH living alone and they were very lonely years... so just loved her constant company. I think the need for "me time" really set in when i tried to juggle study/work/domestic duties. DH by then also had very demanding work commitments so we kinda jostled for "me time" when we could get it... but by then Verity was 4yo and could go to friend's places to play etc. Now life is just chaos, and like Rory suspects: you just go with the flow or else it will send you barmy! I'm sure Jess can appreciate this!

Ok... better make my cuppa while I can... I'll come back on a bit later...

Bath- I'm not sure if we'll be working at the same time but most probably alternate days. It's very exciting. Also I got a letter from our Church today asking if we wished that Kate would make her First Communion and Confirmation this year. I replied that she will be making it and one of the old ladies from the church said her daughter would make Kate's First Communion dress for her (Lizzie will be getting one as well).
    Well went o]and made enquires if anyone knew of a farmhouse today, not sure if I'll get replies but at least I'm trying.

IK - sounds like you had a beautiful day Sunday. Mt Martha is so pretty. Good score with the clothes. I always feel awkward taking things that have to be returned. I get worried if they ruin something etc and you have to explain when they go back. Usually if I give away clothes etc, they can have them. If I have anything that I don't give away, I sell on ebay!

Jess - hope Liz enjoys her first day at kinder today and you enjoy your day with only 2 kids!

Bath - wondering where you had got to! Glad to see you back on.

Hi to everyone else on this scorcher of a day.

Hiya Jess, Verity is also going to confirmation classes but I'm not %100 sure she really understands the reasons behind why people become confirmed... I think she just likes the social aspect of going to them! That's so generous of that lady to make the communion dresses for your girls verity will proably get one from an Op shop! The last dress i bought for her at Savers was gorgeous and about $8 if I remember correctly. She's just wandered in from her first proper day at school.... better go debrief... also i'm using a new laptop DH got for free! Just loaded up a new ticker piccy now that my camera software is back up and running on this 'pute... it wouldn't work on our other desktop 'pute anymore for some reason... weird! So you can see my little Houdini is trying to escape his cot! I can hardly contain him in my pram anymore... like Flynn it's almost time to convert to the chair attachment.

ETA: sorry Mel; we posted at the same time! back in a tic...
    ETA #2: We haven't installed OutLook (email program) onto this 'pute yet so I might be a while replying... better to send PMs in here if you can for a while.

Well Hi all.

I have missed all the BIG news haven't I? I caught up with this thread up to page 4 and then skimmed a bit. And IK I"m with you - I just hope all is going much better for S and her kids these days. If anyone who contacts her please relay my well wishes. She hasn't returned my email.

Well I will try to do some personals since I'm soooo behind.

Bath: Aleise got her first two lower teeth back in early January. Needless to say I'm still hurting from my dentist bill last week ($300) and I'm on a part time wage so that's about half of it gross!

Mel: We're driving down to the Hunter VAlley on 28 March and will be there for 3 days then onto Forbes and Parkes to see Matt's grandparents. Hopefully you'll be here before then and we may be able to drive up to Noosa for a o/n stay!

Dee: Congrats on the marriage decision.. now the fun and stressful part Planning!!

Gabysmum: I agree that the other chat group was set up mainly due to some old wounds amongst members. I can let bygones be bygones and chat in both as there is no harm in that!

Rory: No we didn't sign up Aleise with the agency as $445 was too much to get nothing in return! They cant' guarantee work and they take 10 professional photos and you only get one family portrait! Pretty steep! I emailed their Sydney HQ with questions and never got a reply or a call back to see if we'd sign up! Nickers: How did your sign up with that Agency go???

Jess: Congrats on Alpaca farming job. Unfortunately the Police tend to only enact upon urgent and life threatening situations. They're not well known for helping out with minor disputes unless it turns ugly. I work with Qld Police and although they're pretty efficient if they don't have to go out to a non-urgent job then they'll try to get out of it!

Amanda: Congrats to Wade on his potty training.. must be great to only buy nappies for one child now!

Nickel: Good to see you back - it had been so long I forgot your baby's name!

Update on Aleise and I : Well I"ve taken the plunge and joined WW last week and so far have only lost 1/2 a kg in the first week. However I've cut down on my snacking and chocolate consumption which is good. I'm also making an effort to walk every day now at least 30 mins instead of every 2nd day.
    Aleise: Has started to stand up when I hold her and I've got a great photo of it. Wil have to crop me out though and try to paste it in a new ticker. She is still commando crawling and rolling over and over though. She is now using a sippy cup and I'm pretty chuffed about it!

Well not much else to tell - I think she's just woken up.. will try to get on here a bit more often.

Can you believe our bubbas are going to be 8 months this month? Gee where has the time gone?

Seeya later yummy mummies!

Hiya Neeny, good to hear all's well in your and Aleise's world Just noticed you put Wade as one of Amanda's tribe LOL yes, somedays I would love to trade him in but unfortunately i'm stuck with him However he also is doing very well in the potty training department and I'd say he is about %90 trained. Still has a pull up over night but has been known to wake up with it dry... won't take long now before i only have to buy nappies for 1 child... woohoo... but I do plan to use more fabric ones with Niall as they really do train a lot more quickly when they can feel themselves wetting themself.

good grief... it's the Witching hour.... where's my little floor polisher gone to now???

Don't know how long this will be I've had a really bad headache all day and it's not going anywhere fast. Sorry I've been MIA a bit recently and not posting as much as usual, just be feeling a little low and just can't seem to be bothered about much of late, just running on autopilot, house is a mess ah well.

Cody has been blowing more raspberries and has learnt the new trick of if I drop something it will be picked up and given back to me, so he keeps doing that, he is starting to move backwards not really crawling and he loves rolling and he can put his dummy in and out when he wants so that means I don't have to get up in the middle of the night unless he drops it on the floor. Wyatt hasn't done another wee in the toilet yet but slow and steady wins the race.

Jess congrats on the new job for James and isn't that great that Kate's dress is getting made, it shows great community spirit.

Bath I hope that Verity's first full day was exciting for her.

Neeny can't wait to see the new ticker pic, and yay that she has 2 teeth.

Hi to Mel, IK and Nickel.

We went to Redcliffe yesterday for a swim and I put lotion on me and I still got burnt, so might have to change brands of sunscreen as Kailen and Cody were a little pink as well, Lockie and Wyatt don't tend to go red the just get more of and olivey colour.

Better go the boy wants his dinner and I've got to try and do some cleaning.

ETA Bath lol I didn't even notice she had put Wade, just saw the W and knew what she was saying, lol *must read more carefully in future*.

hugs xoxo

Hi Amanda Good to see you in here again... hey I think most of us know about feeling down and out-of-sorts... just take one hour at a time matey. Things will change... nothing stays the same for long with kids. Just accept that the house will be messy for a while... maybe a long while... I know how it can do your head in... relinquishing control for a spell is good as a last resort at times like this. Also, are you still able to upgrade your membership? I'm looking forward to seeing you and your 4 boys in the av I did... plus it's handy to be able to PM people in here too.

Noooooo! Niall is about to discover the rubbish bin! Gotta dash!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast