Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #34

Charlee Rose, my 3 week early, 5pd 6oz sweetheart baby girl , decided to walk today! First she took 4 steps. Laughing the whole time, turning her head to the side all coy-like. Then this afternoon she took 12 steps and later another 15!! My mum was here and we made such a fuss. Poor Jacky didn't get what all the hullaballoo was about! He can wave bye bye. Something I guess!!! Just thought I'd let you all know. I am so very very proud of her! 10 months old today.....

Woo Hoo, Misskel!! What a feat! She can lord it over Jack now for some time
    I was trying to find this thread again after I accidentally closed my page from Ali's post to post my own Woo Hoo - Oscar took proper steps when we were at the pool today. Not nearly as many as Charlee, but a couple of times he took two consecutive, proper steps before falling on some well-padded bum!
    Ali - work is something you gotta do, for yourself and your family, I hope you can reconcile the guilt you have and just enjoy both
    Now, before I forget and lose the thread again...Happy 10 months to Charlee and Jack!! Wow, 10 months - how quickly has it gone?

Thanks IK. I am so proud of her. She knows how clever she is too. Great news on Oscar finding his land legs too! Yay! From now on it will be all our posts are about who is walking and moving about!!!

I guess we can sit them on horses now, huh? Get them early? DP will kill me if Oscar ends up being horsey!
    I'm still trying to picture Charlee just deciding to take off. You'll have this story to tell in many years to come, and I can see Jack just sitting back saying "Whatever, I'm still in no rush for anything"...as a 21 year old at their 21st! Jack might also have a lifetime of picking up the pieces after her
    Sheesh, I can't believe I'm projecting to 20 years' time...stop me!!

He gets that "I dont care " look on his face. He really is in no hurry to do anything. but he does get very excited when we clap for her!! So cute.

wow Way to go Charlee & Oscar! Are these the first 2 junie's to start walking!

on another WTG Nixon took a few proper crawls today! For the last month he has been commando and getting quicker, he would rock on his hands and knees or shuffle one or two forward, today he did about 3-4 metres all at once!
    also wants to stand all the time, again things, his sticky little dribble fingers are leaving marks everywhere arhhhhh!! i guess this is just the start of it hey

WTG Nixon!!! Get those hands on everything as much as you can little man! I'm hearing you there Nic!!! X 2!!!! Maybe he will walk before he crawls properly. You just never know!

Can't Nix just wait till the house is sold? Will he listen to reason, Nic?? Shows the state of my house that I didn't consider grubby finger marks...funny how I can't see them, but now that you mention it, they must be there!

Yeah I used to see finger marks etc more when we lived in our brand new townhouse... and what's worse is when they bring in dirt on their shoes when they are walking. Kids are filth and I am kinda happy that our current place is old with lots of wear and tear... I just don't notice the grot so much. Same goes for the furniture... you notice spills/scrapes/scratches more when it's new... that's why I'm refusing to buy anything new until Niall is at school... when kids are at home all day they just have too much opportunity to damge and dirty stuff.... no matter how diligent you are. So even if we inherited a fortune I wouldn't spend it on nice new furniture... although I'd get all my needlework framed in a flash! LOL Kids generally don't damage stuff hanging on the walls! One of my favourite things is a wall sized tapestry... it's survived 10 years of use without damage or getting dirty... it was expensive at the time but money well spent... it really makes our loungeroom so nice and cosy looking... and I don't have to stress about the kids wrecking it!

Other news: Verity won the Little Athletes Club Champion award again this morning. So proud of her.

Go Charlee LOL pretty funny how Jack knows how to wave bye bye...his expression as she toddles off must be priceless

You're all familiar with cat toys? You know, those gerbil/hamster things that you can buy that have a pull-string which sends them jittering off or in a circle? Well Niall's latest trick is to sit and pull the string over and over with his teeth to watch it go! Wade observed this recently and said "Look mum! Niall's learning to play with the cat toy!" he was facinated and went up to Niall and caressed his head. Gotta make a video of that one

Go Verity! That's pretty ace - she'll always have that to refer to when she's feeling a bit down in the dumps!
    We've been given some extra stuff to do in the pool because Oscar is the only one in his class taking steps by himself. No more floatie ring, just armbands and pool noodles now. The teacher said to order flippers first week back into term 2 - eek! That's for the BIG kids, not my little Oscar!!
    I am loving this cooler weather - I can wear my new shoes and my favourite knits. As much as I am a summer girl, I do love Melbourne for providing ample opportunity to rug up in cosy knits. I expect to be allowed to go on a shopping spree next Jan in Ireland so that I'll be wearing new season stuff in time for winter and it will be cheap cos it's been in the January Sales over there! I did that another time and had woollens and winter clothes to wear for ages. Anyway, I also love putting Oscar into hats, so the cool weather is a bit of a treat!
    I was at the opening of the new Buddhist temple nearby this arvo and I'm feeling pretty zen, even though I couldn't hear anything cos I was in the foyer and Oscar gurgled through quite a few incantations...oh, well, there was zen vibe to be had for all. I'm not Buddhist, but I am drawn to the teachings, so may be a visitor there in the future.
    Bath, hasn't that thread on the death penalty taken off??

IK- wow Oscar is graduating in the pool fast!
    we went swimming this moring too, nixon continue's to love the water. However on Thursday I did a make up class. part of the class they lie on this flimsy type mat, it moves around a lot and the more they move the more water comes on it. the teacher told me to let him go (not touch him or help him) because he needs to learn to stay on the mat or what happens if he falls off. Anyway Nixon was moving around a lot and started putting his face in the water, every time he'd bring it up his face would fall in again, eventually he fell off the mat. The instructor was on the side he fell, let him go under and brought him up. From that moment he didnt want to go back on. I could tell he was worn out from trying to keep his head above water and felt really bad, he was ok though but coughing a bit cause he'd swallowed water.
    So today he goes fine the whole way through, but as soon as we get to the flimsy mat part i put him on and he cracks it. Couldnt distract him with a toy, took him off he was fine, put him back on and he cried again. He obviously remembers what happened on Thursday and is now scared of the mat..........this is the first time since he has been swimming that he has cried in the water, so he really musnt like that mat now, but up until falling off it he enjoyed it.

The main thing iriting me about fingers prints etc is cause the house is for sale. We've had an open inspection pretty much once a week (had one today for that matter) so all of a sudden its even more cleaning to get it to inspection level! (or my inspection standard level anyway)

I've only got about 5 more weeks until i go to sydney and DH 2 weeks
    (but coming back on w/e's) Mel i dont mind holding onto the ball for you totally understand, just as long as i can get it to you b4 we move!
    mum is flying down tomorrow to help me pack, im looking forward to seeing her, or her seeing Nixon for that matter its been 3 months!

whoo hoo Verity excennet effort!

I figured it was the house being on the market bit that was annoying about the fingy marks! You'd think people could understand that a baby lives in the house...but apparently not, they want picture perfect!
    Poor Nixon with the mat. It will just take some more time. Oscar got antsy with the 'sit dips' - the humpty dumpty's, but he seems ok with it now. He doesn't even really cry anymore when he forgets to take a breath...he seems to realise that he's forgotten to do something cos it's not always unpleasant, just when he forgets the breath part...poor kid! I wouldn't worry too much, Nic - Oscar's had a bit of a cry in the pool and so has every other baby in my class from time to time. He WILL get over it, with the more positive experiences he has
    Well, I've been tidying the table and it's in study-worthy condition. Now I just need the study finished so that I can move in there to study!
    Better go get at least some token reading done before going out to BIL's for dinner...

IK: yeah, that death penalty thread is pretty fascinating... good how everyone can discuss the issue with civility despite a lot of firm and opposing views. Good one for taking Oscar to the new Buddist centre... the more comfort zones the better... never been to one myself... but our pastor was talking about a particular aspect of Buddism that appeals to him last Sunday and I'm a sponge for all spiritual information

Nic: Oh well done dealing with Nixon's water challenges... I wish I could do what you're doing but it's just too hard with 2 little one's at the same time. Maybe in the school holidays when Verity can help.

Speaking of Verity again: DH is driving her to a friend's party in Rosanna... 80's theme... she has gone as Joan Jett ('I Love Rock and Roll') LOL

Better get back to cooking dinner: chicken vegie noodle stir fry.

Bath, you said Verity won club champion AGAIN??? Is she a regular little athletic star!!! Woohoo on the 80's theme party, and Joan Jett? great idea.

IK, Oscar is a regular fish hey! You must take pics of his flippers for us to see. That would be too cute.

Nic, I can see Nixon's face when he fell off the mat. poor little fella! Must have given him a fright. Keep going though, he will conquer the fear and be so much better for it. At least the first scare came at this age and not at 2 or 3 years. My friends little boy got a scare and is still petrified at 4 yrs!

Char is just such a smarty pants now! She gets up and walks off all the time. Sometimes she only makes it 10 or so steps but her determination is just so strong. She just gets up and tries again.
    Jack started to clap hands today. Just did it and then cracked up laughing looking at me as if to say "She may walk Mummy, but I can clap hands!" It was priceless. Especially as he did it on his own, no prompting from me. And he knew he did it too. Maybe Jack is not so, um, slow???? (can I say that???)

Bath- yeah i will have the same prob once baby 2 comes along. probably by the time the baby is ready to go into the water Nixon will be in the pool without me, that way Trent or nanny can take him and i can start with the baby. I will know the things they do to so might not pay for lessons and just do it myself.
    Nixon absolutley loves humpty dumpty part, thats his fav! Funny isnt it because they sit on the edge if a mat and u say humpty dumpty blah blah, had a great fall and he dives into the water himself. Most times i have to hold him from going in b4 im finished the rhyme! So its bizzare that falling off this other mat has made such an impact on him, but like u all said im sure persistance and experience he will get over it.
    i requested if we can get a certificate at the end of these sessions seeings we wont be going back. they usually progress when walking or 1yr old. Nixon wont be walking but will be 1 and mostly just would liek the certificate because he has done these classes with mums group.

How cute is jack and i bet that is what he was thinking when he did it see mum i can do things too! Happy 10months to them for yesterday!
    and Happy 10months to Pat for today!

It only just hit me Nic. In 3 weeks nixon will be 1! Oh my goodness.

How is Ronan going??? He is one this week isnt he? Cos its been a year since I was flown to Perth with contractions. And he was born then.
    Happy Birthday to him anyway!

Happy 10 months for yesterday Jack and Charlee! Our babies are growing up

Jess good to hear from you - how are things at your palce now??

Kel, love the pics of the bubbas!

Ali - I hear you on being busy!! I am working 3 days a week and about to ramp it up to 4 soon and 5 in May. Like you I am hoping to save as much as possible before bub number 2 comes along, which hopefully won't be too far away. No news yet there, but will keep you all posted

Howdy bath, nickers and IK - sleepy ATM but big hello to you and your bubs

Well finally Flynn is standing up and climbing stairs, but still commando crawling. He has 3 teeth on the bottom and 4 coming thru on top and still eating heaps.

Only pain is BF has really slowed down - he is not having much during the day and sleeping for long stretches at night, so I think that plus being in the office 2 days a week is mucking with my supply. Last 2 nights I have given him a 200ml bottle before bed and he has goine to sleep much easier (no tears!) and slept longer and sounder.

My mum is doing well enough but she is still a little off colour with the gastro thing.

Better go - even though it is "only" 10.10pm with daylight savings I have about 7 hours work to catch up on tomorrow and I want to make an early start at it.

ciao bellas!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast