Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #34

Default Babies Born June 2006 #34

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Yay Me first! lol.
    Study break time, thought I'd catch up, It's very quiet in here.
    Kel I'm glad things are on the right track for you and Rowan.
    Oh my brain hurts, lol. But Nathan needed a feed anyway so he's happy feeding while I type.
    He has four teeth with another 2 just under the surface. He like to be upright and walks along the coffee table practicing sitting down and standing up, this age is so cute!
    He doesn't shut up. lol. He babbles all day long and has extended his reportoire(?) to include Der Der, which I"m sure is "there" as he says it while reaching for something or when he's giving me something. He's also saying Nah Nah, which Allanah is delighted with and went to kindy a couple of weeks ago and told them all that Nathan said her name. Probably is though as she practices with him all the time, lol. He is also waving hello and bye bye and says Bah Bah, definitely different to bub bub sounds. My little man is growing up, sniff sniff.
    And in case I'm not around on Sunday a really big Happy Birthday to Ronan, I can't believe our first Junie is one on Sunday. Congrats Racs if you come in.
    Bath, lol I got a new wireless yesterday, and no not a bra or a reproduction retro radio, But a Wireless router for my laptop so I can use it out in the lounge with my babies. It's great still only paying for broadband AND have a wireless laptop to boot. Silly me was going to get a wireless plan for the lappy but my siste set me straight. it was a $98 outlay but that's it, no on going extra costs. I have the Liberty 8000 deal throuigh bigpond so I have plenty of spare download space. I set it up all by myself, (a proud moment, lol) Well time to get these girls to Hockey training.
    Ta Dee
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; March 15th, 2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: added stuff, lol

Dee- Ronan will actually be one on Saturday! I'm so excited for Racs, her dh and ronan that he is 1 already! i spoke to her on msn and she has gone to alot of work for his party and i bet its going to be such a great day for them all, probably emotional too.
    I just ordered Nixon's party invites etc today so will get them next week and then the fun begins hehe!
    How cute that Nate says nah nah. i wonder what bub 2 will call Nixon! His cousin (2yr old) calls him Nix is so cute.
    I ALMOST baught a baby name book today but thought i will hold off till we know if its a boy or girl. Girls name is already picked so will only need it if its a boy. We're going to try and stick to the same initials as us thing which means this baby will be a TJP like its dad. i have a few T boy names i like but dh doesnt. anyway he picked Nixon so if it is a boy i'd like to have some more input into this name.

kel- You did amazingly to bf for 7 1/2months. I stopped with Nixon at 9months but i'd be lying if i didnt almost give up many times b4 because i had so much trouble. i cant imagine doing it twice over. i do kinda miss the bond though so already looking forward to bf baby 2! atleast I'll know a bit more about it all this time and hopefully comes a bit easier. Will also be easier if this baby is not a prem and doesnt have reflux!

Nixon followed me around the house while i vacummed thismorning! It was quiet cute but took twice as long because i had to watch i didnt run into him or pull the cleaner whilst he was holding on!
    I am begining to wonder if he will crawl on all 4's he has been commandoing for about a month now and getting a lot quicker at it.

I wonder when mel gets back? I have her Shape O ball for Miss Marley that she ordered.

Jaspen- oi come in here i wanna ask u something... or maybe u wanna tell us something....

Hello nickel, IK, Donna, Amanda, Bath, Ali, Neeny, Jess,Jo, Karen, CC hope i didnt forget anyone else
    Last edited by nickers; March 15th, 2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: forgot something

Hiya Nic, hey do you want me to add a bump to your avatar? Just let me know...

(both boys asleep in bed ATM! woohoo! The city really tired them out... better get back to cooking dinner: Chicken Kiev).

Ooooh, pretend rain, yummy! I hope we get some sort of downpour tonight.
    Nickers - I haven't heard from Mel yet, so I hope she pops in soon! I can imagine that the first birthday for any prem birthday would take on a different colour from full term babies because of the precarious nature of their arrival Especially considering how little Ronan was when he decided to join the outside world! I am still morbidly aware that I can't take Oscar for granted, so each month, on the 19th, I take a moment to think how glorious my life is now that he's here and that he's still here. It's not my right to have him here with me, so I'm just thankful every day that he is...I'm going to be a sook on his first birthday, aren't I? Just something I've been musing on, as many first birthdays loom this side of June
    I agree, too - you'll be a pro with the BF for #2!
    What's this heads up business? Someone must spill!
    I'll be at school tomorrow and DP gets Oscar for the day. I'll have to fit a pump into my school bag! Lucky I only have 3 days of school this semester, and the rest is done from home. I elected to do my days at Caulfield, and it just so happens that the Craft and Stitches Expo is on at the racecourse until Sunday...so I know what I'll be doing at lunchtime!! Apart from getting intimate with a breastpump, that is.
    Oscar is fretting, better tend...DP is fixing the back room still, so I'd better leave him to do that and I'll do my mummy job!

Lol Nic I have done that all day. I wished my nephew a Happy Birthday today and it's actually tomorrow. I definitely have brain strain, Too much studying. lol. I bet it will be a super doper party. So special considering how little he was. Nixons turn next month. then the twins and patty in may and then all the rest to follow. Not long now hey. I guess that's why we cherish the moments.

Well I felt like a total legend today, I dropped G off at school (dressed and with her hair brushed!) EARLY, then dropped into work and did the pays, then back to northern beaches again, and went to "Babes into Books"* at the library, a bit of shopping at Aldi, back home (should have done something constructive here but ate lunch and went on PC!) then back to pick up G at school, cooked a decent dinner for both of us (fairly rare), watched an episode of Westwing, DTD** (woohoo!), and have time to bellybelly! I'll probably be a writeoff tomorrow!

*Babes into Books is the coolest thing our local libraries have for 6-18 month old babies where we get together and read books and sing songs etc to our babies. As I don't go to playgroup or have a mothers group this is about the only time I focus totally on Ruby and she LOVES it.

**Please please don't spill any babydust in my direction!! I've just taken a double pill so hopefully won't affect breastfeeding too much! ooops!

7th Heaven - that's a good idea re. wireless router and laptop. I didn't know that could be done so thanx so much for the tip.
    What are you studying? (sorry I can't remember)

NICKERS - how's all the busyness going? the pg, the nixon, the housemoving/selling, the tupperware! I can't believe you have so much energy and time - good for you!

and speaking of birthdays (we were weren't we??)... mines coming up too! So I get a nice anniversary and DH has also organised a party on my bday! YAY! Having had my 30th kind of ignored, I'm glad he's got the whole birthday act together. Bdays are very important in my family.

BATHSHEBA - Totally totally know what you mean about cleaning at night. I usually collapse after the girls' dinner/baths/bed routines at 7.30 till about 10ish and then get my second wind, and get my best housework done. Problem is I'm up till 2am and then I get that whole needing coffee/chocolate tired thing the next day. Add to that a bipolar disorder and you can see I've got to be careful! It is SO nice to wake to a clean house though, I find I tend to feel better about the whole day.

IK
    How many times will you express while at school? and how many subjects are you doing? -> you do know that whole clean view/clean house thing is just an issue of mental discipline don't you!?? You can choose to ignore it! I chose for most of my years at uni not to ignore it and procrastinated terribly, but gee the house was SO clean.(I was a mature age student too). Although, Oscar is not a mental discipline! You will need a break from him to study! I should go back to uni and study some more but I just don't want to add that extra level of stress to my life just yet, plus we SO don't have the money for it!

Ali - when do you start your job?

See you all later (and you thought your post was long MISKEL!)

Nickel, I'm doing a Graduate Diploma of Education, (Early Years) through QUT this will lead on into a Graduate Bachelor of Education next year. My first degree was in Nursing. I will be a fully Registered Teacher at the end of this year and can do the bachalor in service next year...if I get a job.
    Thought seriously about accepting a Community Health job offered to me through a mutual friend but once I pay for daycare ($750 per week) it doesn't leave that much over, if any and I would have less time with my babies and way less time for my studies and I have to have 9.2 weeks off in the next 8.5 months for prac. So I have reluctantly said no thanks. I am thinking about getting onto an agency and putting in for a few shifts here and there when free daycare is available to me if I want it, which is every Wednesday and Sunday at the moment. I love working and a couple of agency shifts would definitely give some nice pocket money. I wish life were more simplistic like in the old days.

HI girls, I am blowing the dust off my kepboard and finally finding 5 mins to pop my head in the door.

I started my new job on Monday and I am really happy, the hours are PERFECT 8:30- 12:05 Mon- Thurs which consitutes 0.5 of a full time teachers hours. I am working as a support teacher in the school at the moment mainly supporting the Yr 1's with a reading porgram (some what my specialty area) and working with a group of yr 4 students who need some intensive language support, as well as 3 classes of year 2 maths. A nice variety but a good worked load without the extra stresses that fall on a classroom teacher.

Tori starts at a new daycare next wednesday, it is just 2 mins up the road from the school I will be working at ( I had cancelled her other daycare place because I thought I was going to another job 1 day a week and I wouldnt need it) I am quite happy with the arrangement and the new daycare is a small community run centre. She will be going Weds and Thurs mornings, Pete will have her monday's and she will go to Mum's on Tuesdays, so all in all it has worked out quite well.

Nickel- Tori and I are off to Baby and Me Rhyme Time at the Library today, I am really looking forward to it. One good thing about having consistent hours now is I am able to better organise my life ( I am the queen of having structure and routine in my life, dont really function too well without it)

Kel- Great to see you again, sounds like your beautiful twins are doing really well. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Bali, and things between you and Rowan are going well.

Rory- Sprinkling bags full of baby dust your way. 1 more cycle of us and we are going to start TTC, I am so excited.

Tori has just woken up from the shortest nap, so I had better go. Big Hugs to all and hopefully I get the chance to get back in here and get some more personals done soon.

just a quick note

no nic nothing to tell sorry - just confusing going ons that are now all clarified (pity even though unexpected)

hopefully i'll get some time to really catch up with you girls over the weekend.

Hiya jaspen looking forward to hearing more... we're going away this weekend... over to Sale (Eastern Victoria) to see DH's family. It's been ages since we've been out of the city (except for last weekend's trip up to the Dandenongs).... long overdue... but we rarely get the chance with V's athletics... it's not on this weekend... the season is over, except for Presentation Day. Gotta get the kids ready for a church Pizza/movie night... DH is meeting us there... where has this week gone? ETA: oh and good to hear from you Ali and that everything is working out so well for you!

Back home now...how do people go back to work? I missed Oscar SO much today...and it was only one day! It will be two days in a row in two weeks' time - I'll just have to cope...
    Nickel - I expressed twice at school. Mel has a bit of background now (sorry, I was livid and hoping there was a favourable answer somewhere!), but I've posted a Boo Hoo in relation to this, so I won't rehash it here. I'm doing two subjects this semester and there's one next semester, but I think I'll try to knock over an extra one next semester as well. I know about the mental discipline thing (DP says I'm making excuses)...but you should SEE this place! It looks like we just moved in, there is literally stuff everywhere. It is nigh on impossible to just block out There's a filing cabinet in the hallway, as well as a paperwork anywhere except in filing trays (cos DP refuses to use them and they end up all over the house), there are books all over the bedroom (I tripped over the fax machine one night, but at least that's back in the study now), piled up laundry because I can't access my wardrobe (boxes have been placed in front of it in the bedroom)...need I go on? If it were just a bit messy I'd get over it. But THIS mess, I can't (I'm just too visual to put it out of my head and just read...I have a physiological response to seeing this kind of mess - I swear my heartrate increases!). Oh, and you're right - I have already got a plan about Oscar...taking him over to his granny around the corner a couple of times a week so that I can come back home and READ! Then his daddy can take him off my hands of an evening where I can work on assignments after I've done my readings. Ok, that's off my chest!
    Woo Hoo on DTD! DP complained last night that I turned him down (well, he pouted, not so much complaining), but I'd been up rocking Oscar and wanted to be fresh for a day of learning...staying up later to DTD just wasn't on the menu for me once Oscar finally fell asleep! Poor DP :P Maybe tonight, though!
    Misskel - that's great about your aunt's show horse recovering well after travel! IKWYM about feeling in sync with the horse after having a baby - I really do flow better, after my pelvis has obviously loosened up (SPD has a purpose, even if it causes discomfort from time to time after pregnancy!)! I also feel a lot more 'connected' to my horse on some mammalian level - is 'organic' too strange a term to use? Anyway, I am enjoying the riding so much more now. I just wish I could bring Oscar with me so he could watch and be infected by the riding bug, too...but DP so doesn't want Oscar catching it and refuses to come up with me to watch! Have you started seriously looking for a pony for Mia yet? Or have you just put the feelers out for now? I, personally, think that putting the feelers out is something you do instead of 'seriously' looking, because I'd trust a word of mouth horse over an advertised one any day - that's how I found mine, and I've heard some off-putting stories about advertised horses. Let us know how you go - Mia would look so cute in a jacket and velvet hat!
    Heaven - wireless really is the way to go, it's the bees knees. I spent the last part of my pregnancy on the couch on the net etc! I can take this baby (hmmm, laptop, that is) anywhere, even outside to the backyard. I love my iBook! I hope your workload is manageable this semester!
    Bath - oooh, have a great trip to Sale! I do like that town. I like Bairnsdale better, but if we had the money, I'd love to buy that run down pub that is almost derelict and do it all up, get that lacework fixed and run a half-decent pub and hotel out of it. But I'll never be made of that sort of money, and if I had it, I'd probably just want to buy land with it! Anyway, I hope it's rained there, like it has here.
    Ali - sounds like things are really looking up over your way!
    DP has yet to organise dinner. I've been in Caulfield all day and he's been around the corner at his mum's...was it that hard to organise dinner for us? We'll get takeaway, though, so I'm not complaining...as long as he goes to get it soon cos I'm starving!
    Ok, so I'm going to go and catch up with some other stuff now...Hope everyone's having a peachy Friday night!
    ETA: Nickel, I just read your blog - you haven't been on for about 2 weeks! And where are photos?? I hear you on the mutton thing...I refuse to do wide belts, ra-ra or bubble skirts, skinny jeans etc, no matter how fashionable someone tells me it is. I was ecstatic when flares came back in and that's where I'm staying! Low slung flares (low slung for two reasons: one is that I have next to no hips and hipsters, ironically, disguises this, and two is that when I'm wearing Oscar in a sling, I can undo myself for the, uh, loo, without disturbing him too much if he's asleep!), long singlets and crossover tops (SO handy for BFing!). I just can't do skinnies and 80's rehash!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; March 16th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

My beautiful 3 week Noosa holiday is over. We had a fabulous time, both girls were so well behaved and I was so proud of them. Chelsea is a golden goddess (she thankfully has skin like me) and even though she was slathered in sunscreen constantly she got a lovely tan. She swam for 6 hours a day, so that kept her busy. Marley finally sprouted a tooth (bottom one) and is commando crawling so quickly I really have to keep and eye on her. She also nearly choked on a scrabble letter the girls (Chelsea and her friend) were playing with so hopefully they now understand why I hound them about small things being left on the the floor. Marley loved going for a swim in the pool and slept so well in the portacot. She loves eating bread/toast and that kept her amused when we went out for breakfasts. The houses we stayed in were wonderful and fantastic for kids - lots of books, games, DVD's and a pool (most important factor). The second place we stayed at was the same street as Richard Bransons house!!!!! We checked it out and it had the biggest gates I have ever seen but we never saw Richard. I did see Pat Rafter, twice!!!! He is such a spunk LOL!!!! I also saw Mel from Sunrise. Not bad celebrity spotting.

It was my birthday while we were away and my wonderful DH got me a spa treatment at the Sheraton Aqua Day Spa! It was the best thing ever! It was called the Nirvana Package and it was a full body salt scrub, followed by a vanilla and honey body butter massage, so all up 90 minutes of bliss!!! It was the best birthday present ever. The girls got me a great Bill Granger cookbook. We had a beautiful seafood bbq for dinner and a yummy passionfruit and white chocolate mousse cake. I felt very spoilt!.

It was so wonderful to see my BF and her gorgeous daughter who is 6 weeks younger than Marley. We got to spend 2 weeks together and when we catch up, its like nothing has changed. I suppose thats what happens when you are best friends, but I feel so luck y to have such a great friend. I miss her already!!!

Marley has a new friend. Just before we left, I would put her to bed and she would give a loud lung busting scream for a couple of minutes before she went to sleep. I felt awful, but going back in made it worse. She was still doing it when we got to Noosa. My GF suggested a teddy or something - well bingo! It worked a treat, soon as I put her to bed with the teddy (which Chelsea so graciously offered to lend her) she cuddled it and shut her eyes. I saw a very cute flat bear in a shop in Hastings St but kept procrastinating about buying it. Well my wonderful BF bought it for Marley, and she absolutely loves it. Cuddles in to it as soon as I put her to bed, she looks so adorable with it. My little bubba is growing up!

My dad had his heart surgery yesterday and all went well. I saw him today and apart from being in a bit of pain and a little groggy, he looked pretty good. Fingers crossed the rest of his recovery goes well.

I had quick read of some of the posts but I feel so lost being out of the loop for 3 weeks!!! I was suffering from BB withdrawals and was even tempted to head to the internet cafe!!! I missed chatting to everyone and I am glad to be back and can't wait to catch up properly with what is happening.

Welcome back, Mel!!!
    So glad your dad is ok - I hope he makes a really quick recovery
    Chelsea sounds like she's made for holidays...you might have to go on more of those! And what a dreamy birthday you had...can I borrow your DH's intentions and implant them into DP on my birthday? I have ordered my present from him...after much prompting and even writing a list of possible, humble, presents he agreed to an ABA book, Lives Touched By Breastfeeding. However, I saw that he wasn't making any moves...so I ordered it myself and he can write his usual cheque when my credit card statement arrives! I also took the liberty of ordering a book that's written for kids to prepare them for a sibling, with references to breastfeeding and co-sleeping. I"m still undecided as to whether I'll keep it for myself and lend it out to at least a couple of people I know this year who are having second children, or just gift it to one of said girlfriends. Anyway, I'm just think-typing now and have gone completely off-topic. Happy Birthday, Mel! You're a pisces, too
    I have emailed relevant people at both the campus I was at today and my home campus about the parenting facilities. Heaven, another QUT student has sent me the link to the online brochure about the wonderful facilities at your uni, and I've forwarded it to the Project people at Monash! Like I said in my Boo Hoo post, my home campus has a nice enough facility at the campus centre, but after reading this brochure from QUT, it could be improved upon! Lucky that for now, I have the perfect parent facility for most of my study...my own kitchen and loungeroom (ay! I've just realised that the parent room at Clayton is far, far tidier and more inviting!!).
    OK, gonna get ready for bed, even though DP has left me high and dry by going out to a fire call...

Hello all! Coming back up again from being very nasty and down yesterday, my POOR family. DH and I trying to get lots of house work done today, he's doing very well, I've done one room and feel exhausted. I'm very irritable at Ruby at the moment, which I hate cause i really do love her, but it's starting to feel like all I do is feed her, either boob or food, and change her. I don't like feeling like this. Plus everytime she sees me she cries cause she wants me to pick her up. Everyone else can walk past and just say hello and give her a kiss, but if I do she wants me to pick her up. whinge whinge. I know, I love my baby girl, and I'm really lucky to ahve her, which is why I wish I could just snap out of this!

7TH HEAVEN- that is an obscene amount for daycare. Our most expensive one would be about $490 for a week, and long long daycare at that. Oh yeah except you have loads of kids... sorry I forgot. That must make life so hard, you want to work for your brain, to get a bit of extra money etc. but with lots of kids the daycare doesn't quite make it. I wonder if the govt couldn't organise for mums to only (?) have to pay for daycare for 3 kids at a time, and after that it was all free...and they could subsidise the difference.
    I found organising/co-ordinating working days and care for kids really hard. Fortunately now my mum has stepped in, Giorgia is at prep which is cheaper than daycare, Ruby's care is free as she's with my mum, so most of what I earn we get to keep,... until we put it against our obscence credit card bills. Oh well. I was thinking this morning how simple life used to be!!

What sort of teaching job would you want? at a childcare or preschool? Good on you anyway, it will eventually all work out, especially once all the kids are at school and at least you will have your qualification.

ALI - I know what you mean about having set hours, it does mean you can have some routines and regular times with bub. definitely helps me feel like I have some control and can get my life in gear!
    I'm soo glad it's all working out for you. What's happening with the house are you going to have to find rental accomodation for a few months, or can you move in with your MIL straight away?

IK - I'll check out your boohoo but I can just imagine...
    (what's spd??) Oh I'm so jealous about the wireless...but I'd just spend even more time on the net, so maybe not a bad thing.. yeh I know IK, about the blog, I've been so up and down and up and down at the mo, but i'm putting some pix on flicker and getting organised...slowly!

LMG - just repeating what we are all saying, hope your dad is well. So cute re. Marley and her teddy, it's just the age they do start to form an attachment to a soft toy (IK can probably fill you in more) as they start to realise that they are a seperate person to mummy, and cuddling a soft toy apparently helps them adjust to recognising the outside world.
    Check if your billgranger book has his ricotta pancakes and honeycomb butter, I swear it's truly orgasmic food. Great to have you back! Ruby's doing the pre-crawling rock on all fours, and hasn't got any teeth yet. She's still really small though, so most people think she's only about 6 months anyway.

IK - I'm really surprised that the uni doesn't have good facilities? I thought that would be right up the women's dept area. It might be related to the voluntarisation (??) of union fees? Maybe they can't afford that stuff anymore? I was at Macquarie Uni and as I wasn't a mummy I dont' know about the mother's room facilities but the women's room was great! Free coffee, quite room, computers to use, pillows, beanbags etc etc.

Did you find expressing twice felt...like a waste of time? I mean I know you want to for Oscar and you need to for your comfort, or was it in your breaks anyway? If there is a mall or shopping centre nearby they might have good facilities. I know that the uni SHOULD have good facilities, but in the meantime...it could work.

OMG, Nickel, you're a genius! There IS a shopping centre right beside the uni, near the train station...I'll check it out in a fortnight! I knew I'd have to express because if I had left it I would have become engorged. I didn't want to leave it till it became a more urgent need to express, so I used the break (which would have been a natural time between feeds, anyway), to get rid of some milk. I filled a 125ml bottle, both times, suffice to say! There's enough frozen EBM at home to tide him over without what I expressed on Friday, but I don't like throwing it out, so I'd rather keep it cool in a fridge or cooler bag so that I can take it home to freeze, and have plenty...just in case! I also didn't want to be in peak hour traffic...ballooning, with no way to do anything about it!
    I sort of know how you feel with Ruby today, unfortunately. I love my Oscy to bits and pieces, but today I just wanted to do something a little creative that wasn't study. I wanted to paint a picture frame of his because the peach colour it was just meant the picture was never going to be hung, and his dear grand-aunt gave it to him. Anyway, DP was sort of watching him, then left him with me and because I was doing something that needs my attention (paint mixing, painting...you know, stuff that requires you to use your eyes!), I kept having to call for him to watch Oscar. It's not actually Oscar's fault, and I'm not angry with him, so I'm not sure where my angst lies. I may have summed it up with DP when he commented on my agitation that Oscar had woken up earlier from a sleep - it's ok for him, cos he gets to do what he wants, when he wants. I have to wait for Oscar to sleep, for someone to watch him, or for him to want to play long enough without getting stroppy and velcro-y. If I had space to paint inside, then it would have been fine. However, we don't so I was outside, and Oscar kept putting things in his mouth. Not that I'm too concerned about his dirt consumption, but when he starts to cough and splutter and spews out a leaf or gumnut...then I get mad cos DP should be watching him instead of disappearing to do his own thing at will. I'm ranting, but that's the consternation I felt today. Probably not quite yours, but frustration, for sure. All is well now, I have finished the painting I aimed to do and we just had a giggle together (Oscar and I, not DP and I...he's just headed out to a fire call...)
    As for my wireless - Macs come with the wireless cards as a standard, so we just needed the Airport Express (like a router, but we can also connect it to our stereo speakers and, viola! we have computer music throughout the house!). So, it wasn't too hard or fidgety to set up. As part of my Mac missionariness...get thee a Mac!
    Mel - got any pics of Marley crawling? She'd be so cute...imagine the tangles her and Oscar can get into together now? They'll be all over each other! Not like he wasn't all over her before, the tart
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; March 18th, 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: oooh, spelling error!

Ik I posted in your Boo Hoo. It's just not good enough is it?? How many lactating mother's do you think are studying right now, I know you and I are so how many others have looked in and gone "Ooohhhhh %$%#$", such a reputable Uni too, they should be ashamed of themselves. I hear you about velcro babies. Football season has started maybe DH should introduce him to it. Men just don't get it sometimes. Grr at DH for not keeping Oscar entertained for a couple of hours for you, No wait his son too, not for you for himself.
    My lappy came with an inbuilt wireless/bluetooth card and an internal webcam. I have never used a Mac, I have heard they are good though.
    Nickel, lol $750 is for three, lol. :eek: I do get money back %16 basic rate. I just haven't contacted centrelink. I want to teach 1-3 for now, do more study and or get placed in primary years in general. 2011 is the magic year, I will have all five in school.
    Welcome back Mel glad you had fun in Sunny QLD.
    Hello everyone, better go need to dish dinner.

Hiya Mel! welcome back.
    Glad to hear you holiday was fun and the girls had a ball too.
    I hope your dads recovery goes smoothly.
    I have the shape-o ball for you, so we'll need to get together some time, i can drop it around to you, you can come here if u like, or we can meet somewhere. So just let me know whats suits you.
    Bath- i hope you and the family had a lovely time down at Sale, lovely spot and great weather! and just whenever u get time a bump on my belly would be great! thanks!
    Ali- glad to hear your job is going well!
    Hi IK & Nickel i too have days like that, so your not alone there but when they do the cute things it makes it all ok again! I love how nixon puts his arms up to be picked up out of the car seat/cot etc.
    i told one of the girls from mothers group yesterday that i was pg, turns out so is she! 3 weeks ahead of me and Nixon and her son are 3 weeks apart. Pity i wont be here with them. Just like 3 others from my premmie play group are pg with their 2nd also. One due in April, May and Sept.
    Well i had my first 3 tupperware parties on this w/e and im quiet pleased with myself. I managed to book 3 more parties and pretty much pay off my kit with those parties, so starting from next week can actually start making some money.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast