Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #34

IK - she sounds good, but I don't know her. She maybe a new person. Daylesford sounds so good. I have been wanting to go for years and we have decided to go this year, a girls weekend just like yours. I want another massage like the one I had in Noosa, it was heaven!!! Sounds like your Easter will be a busy one.

7th - busy Easter for you too! What a lot of celebrating you'll be doing.

Jess - Sorry to hear what happened to Charlotte Margaret, what a beautiful name. Pat must have a been one strong bubba.

My poor little snot monster is still sick. Better today than yesterday. Her nose is so runny and she hates me wiping it esp in the morning when it has all dried around her nose (sorry TMI!!!). She has started crawling properly now and only commandos when she has get somewhere in a hurry. It does look very cute as she is still a bit disorientated as to which hand goes first and she has had a few face plants!

Very quiet in here, everyone must be heading away to their Easter break!

Hiya Mel Nah... I'm just checking out some other threads... poor Marley! Not TMI... we all know the deal... green crusty stuff that's almost impossible to budge! I used to have to clean Niall's face with a steamy face washer and he hated it too but not as much as a tissue... infact on a cool morning I think he quite liked the heat.

Verity at a sleepover tonight... the place is very quiet.

Poor snot babies! Oscar is threatening a cold, I think. He'd better fight it, I can't study with a sick baby around LOL! Lucky my mum's around for the holidays, she's a great in-built babysitter!
    I can't study with Oscar awake. I have tested my theory today and not much has got done. I've been timed out of my database a couple of times and I will head out to my SIL's Hen's soon. Grrr. But DP got home early today and at least I managed to log onto the database!!
    Oscar is currently trying to sort out his beads - his hand keeps getting in the way of the bead, so it just falls back down the wire arch. He is persistent, though! I wish I had the video camera here, but to get it I'll have to walk over near him and he'll stop!
    Bath - how nice to have quiet! Is it disconcerting?
    Mel - we're having our admin dinner in a couple of weeks - the one that's just an excuse to head out to dinner, pretending that we have to organise our weekend away. We've booked the place, we know we want treatments, so I guess we just talk about what kind of chunky knits we bring to wear when we're not gathered around the open fire...I can't wait!!
    OK, back to this parenting lark...seeing as the study lark is a dead loss today...

IK I can so relate to not getting anything done with babies around, lol my sister's and I all had separate assignments due today so we were all up in the wee hours charging away at the keyboards we checked in on the hour on MSN. It was great to have that connection at 3 am this morning with little you can do it's thrown in there. Happy now though assignment in the mail other online assessment finished, argggghhh til next week anyway, lol.
    Bath I could kill for a quiet house today oh and sleep, I am in need of some serious sleep.
    Michael's home tomorrrow morning, yaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!
    ahhhhhh just a little excited.
    Mel I've had snottygobbbles in my house too, thankfully seen the worst of it though.
    Knickers have fun away on the weekend
    Hi everyone else...Happy Easter!

Bath - I have been trying the warm face washer and that is working well, not too many tears. I hope you have a lovely relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

IK - I hope Oscar fights off his cold but at least you have your mum around if needed, very handy!!! Hope the Hens night went well last night.

7th - happy wedding anniversary and happy birthday for tomorrow. I hope Michael and the kids spoil you! LOL at the snottygobbles!!!!

To use 7th's expression, we still have snottygobbles in this house! She woke up this morning absolutely covered in it - not a pretty sight. But she woke up smiling and giggling so it looked even funnier! She has been pretty good, not too miserable. Have been using Bath's suggestion of the warm face washer which makes a big difference but I think her nose is getting sore from me wiping it. Decided to clean some cupboards today - bathroom, spare kitchen one. I threw out so many empty bottles, I can now easily reach in and grab things. Visited PIL this afternoon as she hadn't seen the girls in nearly 2 weeks (and she only lives 5 mins away), she gave the girls easter presents and bought Marley an Easter egg! She forgot she is allergic to milk. Almost as bad as DH - he came home all excited that he got Marley a special egg. He got her a yoghurt one - when I told him about her milk allergy, he felt rather silly!! I didn't want Marley to have easter eggs anyway, she is a bit young to be scoffing down chocolate. I bought her a little rabbit instead. What have other's bought their bubs? Chelsea only got one egg plus a little rabbit too.

Going house hunting with Dad tomorrow so hopefully he might find the house of his dreams.

If I don't get a chance to get online tomorrow, I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Happy Easter Junies I agree Mel, Niall's too young for chocolate so I bought him a Bunnykins set. V & W will do a small egg hunt, we don't go overboard with a chocolate frenzy.

Can't stay... relatives over tomorrow... just having a rest from mowing the lawn... better get back to it... gorgeous day hey? Might be going to the football too tomorrow... I told DH it was his turn but he said "oh no, you go..." I feel really bad... I want to go but we agreed to take turns... I feel like I'm denying him a vital aspect of his manhood LOL Last week there was a woman sitting next to us (SIL & BIL) with a baby smaller than Niall but she spent the whole game trying to meet his needs and I think the loud roar was unsettling him... can't wait until we can all go as a family My SIL gave me her spare membership card too, so we only have to pay for V. Same deal as last year.

Anyhow... better make hay... boys still asleep....

I hope all the Junies and their families have a safe and wonderful Easter.

We got Cody a really cute fluffy blue rabbit, my mum has given each of the boys a dressing gown and a letter each since she can't come down, so at least they have a personalised letter from Nanny. We've got a few eggs for the older boys and that's it. For all the boys first easter's they've got a stuffed animal each, that's our tradition, because like Mel and Bath said I think they're to young for choccies.

Mel can you once again send me your email addy, and I promise to write it down this time so that if the comp crashes again I won't have to ask for it.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE.

hugs xoxo

We had a lovely time away, got back yesterday arvo.
    Well i must be in the minority but we bought Nixon a little egg for his first easter (Missed out by one day last yr lol) he has just eaten some of it and got himself into a big mess. Its not like i will be giving him chocolate on a regular basis and its a special occasion so i think its fine.
    I've been having mixed emotions over the past few days thinking about how our easter was spent this time last year, the thought of going through it again has just hit me ( dunno why it had not earlier) i think my preggy emotions are coming into play though so i am a bit of a lost cause atm
    hope everyone is enjoying their day

Aw Nickers, hugs to you - I guess it was easter last year little Nix was born.

I haven't give Flynn any chocolate eggs, not for conscientious reasons but because of a lack of organisation! I had a grand plan of buying him a pair of bunny ears and staging an easter-egg-eating-chocolate-extravaganza-mess to commemorate his first easter. Maybe I will buy a pair at the sales tomorrow and stage it after the event LOL

Quiet one for DH and I - I am cleaning, he is doing his masters. Mates over for lunch tomorrow so I have to bake a cake

BBL

Hi all! Happy Easter, happy anniversary to Heaven too.
    I feel like I've been hit by a train, and I've been in bed reading Marie Claire this arvo (text books are just too much to think about!). I've just got up to eat some crackers and drink water. I have no idea what is making me feel so ill!
    My BIL and SIL's wedding was yesterday and it was beautiful. I started to feel weird last night and took to a nap at about 8.30!
    Umm, I'm a bit out of it, so I'll head back to bed again - Oscar is asleep there, too (DP wore him to sleep, bless him!).
    Catch you all later!

Bath - I am a total nong!!! I thought you were going away this weekend and I was a bit confused by your post - I get in now, you are going next weekend. One of my many blonde moments lol!!!! Did you go to the footy?

Amanda - what a lovely easter tradition the boys have. I hope they enjoyed today eating lots of eggs! I emailed you my email address.

Nic - glad to hear you had a great weekend and that Nixon enjoyed his eggs. My main reason for not giving Marley easter eggs is her milk allergy, which she better grow out off as this is a big chocolate loving house! What beautiful weather you would have had, which is a change for easter. I can only imagine the anxiety you must be feeling but take one look at your beautiful, healthy little boy and know that everything will be fine this time. Those pregnant emotions can be powerful things, don't let them overwhelm you. I can't believe Nixon will be 1 soon. When did you say you were leaving?

Rory - I want to see pictures of Flynn with his ears on! I was so tempted to buy one of those bunny suits in Target, but resisted the temptation. Marley will thank me in years to come. Happy baking!

IK - glad to hear the wedding went well but bummer about not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

How beautiful was it today? We spent the whole day in the garden and it was beautiful and my front yard looks so neat and tidy. Chelsea has her own spade and rake so she gave us a hand (well sort of!) and our green waste bin was overflowing. We still have at least a full bin to put in once it gets collected tomorrow morning. I love doing the garden and looking back at it all once its finished. I even have blisters from sweeping.

I hope everyone had a lovely, relaxing Easter Sunday.

hi there

Glad to hear everyone has had a lovely easter so far. We haven't done much as i had a stinking cold Wednesday to Friday, woke up on Saturday finally feeling human but then DH had caught some dodgy bug and spent the day throwing up. All of us have finally been fairly normal (if ever!) today so managed to go for a picnic at a local park which was nice. I hope we're all ok tomorrow as i seriously need to be boring and catch up doing house stuff as it looks like a bombsite and none of us have any decent stuff left to wear. Anyone else end up with a giant clean washing pile monster on their sofa that just gets bigger and bigger!? i swear its going to come and get me in the night!

IK - Hope you are feeling better

Rory - love the sound of the bunny ears - may have to join you on the buy some later and stage the photos later! Hope you have a nice time tomorrow with your friend over and they love your cake!

Bath - hope you had a good time at the footy.

We gave Oscar a small egg today along with a mini tonka truck and gave William a fisherprice tractor things with animals which stick to it as he's abit young for chocky and had a dairy intolerance. Saying that, we did give him a mouthful of Osc's chocky and he didn't through up so maybe his intolerance is getting better. I've bought him some yoghurts for him to try this week so we will see how it goes. Not sure how we will tell though as he also has reflux so throws up a fair bit anyway. Ahhh the joys of bubs!

Hope everyone has a nice day off tomorrow too.

Julie x

Hi all - what a lovely day it was today!

Julie, my cake turned out ok, but I initially thought it was too dry (DH and I ate a bit from the edge of the cake last night) so I cut it up and made cream trifles with Franjelico - needn't have bothered because while cutting it up I realised it was actually really moist. My GF today suggested that I should try not using a fan-forced setting next time.

Mel, DH spent yesterday arvo and this morning in the yard and cleared out a whole heap of sand and other building material from the front of the house and WOW does it look better. It was a great day for being outside.

Dee, can you remind me why your DH was away? Must be great to have him back!!

HELLLOOO! to everyone else

We had a lovely day day today - two lots of friends came over with their kids (a newborn and an 18 mo) and we had a nice lunch and sat out on our balcony in the arvo. It was great to reflect and see three couples each with their healthy little kiddie - some people are not so lucky.

Better go - off to work tomorrow and although the house is clean and dinner is cooked I want to prepare for tomorrow's onslaught. Though as my GF said (she works 3 days a week) its better to just accept that you are going and get on with it rather than get "Monday-itis" and dread it.

See y'all soon.....

Nic I'm sorry if my post offend you and you know what Cody was watching the boys eat their eggs and I couldn't resist and gave him a taste . So how did Nixon enjoy his first easter? Did you get some pics of him eating it?

Rory if you use fan forced you should turn it down by 10 degrees, that usually helps. It sounds really nice with the trifles tho, I love frangelico mmmm.

Julie hopefully everyone will be filling better tommrow, I so know what you mean with the washing piling up it happens here all the time.

Mel sounds like Chelsea was been a good little helper.

We're slowly getting our gear together for our camping trip, didn't do much today and boys have been driving me insane slowly lol. I've got lasagne in the oven so better go feed the boy before our dinner is ready. Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

hugs xoxo

Smile

Hi All hope you had a lovely Easter
    IK.....yourrrrr.......not pregnant are you??? no just a bug oh ok. lol. feel better soon.
    Bath .....I thought you were going for Easter too, well have fun this weekend then.
    Nic....The Easter bunny bought Nate a fluffy blue bunny and a chocalate one, which I will ever so graciously process for him into liquid form, lol. He had a couple of those egg sized hollow eggs in the past few days and of course loved it. I wouldn't feel bad Nixon is a bit older then the rest of these June baba's just remember. I bet he loved his chocky. It's really no biggy, Each to their own on the chocky thing.
    Rory....Lol you poser, lol I'd do it, what would he remember you'd probably forget in the years to come that it was a few days after Easter.
    Michael doesn't live here with us as he stayed in Tieri to work so he comes home on weekends, however for a few months it will be irregular visits as he is a "Staffy" and they are about to cut a new long wall, I know over the head, he's an electrical supervisor in a coal mine.
    Julie...Good luck with the yogurts, finger's crossed for you.
    Amanda....sounds like you had a great day, have fun cmping, can't wait to catch up again when you get back.
    Mel... owweeee for the blisters, but what a lovely day and you're right it's so great to sit back when it's done and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
    Michael has just applied for a new job, at the moment we are a little money driven (well, ok alot, lol), small sacrifice of a couple of years to put ourselves into a very nice position for the long term. He makes an obscene amount of money at the moment however the new job which is based overseas(safe place) is 10 weeks on 5 weeks off and is very, very obscene money. 18 months will see half the house paid off and clear the rest of our debts. And with potentially 5 kids to put through uni and 4 potential weddings we have to think of the future. Technology makes it feel like he is there, I love the webcam. I know that we don't have to pay for all that stuff and they may not go through uni or even get married but it's better to be prepared. We want to do that for our kids.

Well still got a couple of assignments to get done before Thursday so I can have a guilt free lovely weekend at our friends wedding. I can't wait.
    See you all hi to everyone
    Ta Dee

Amanda- i wasn't offended so no appologise needed i just though oh am i not suppose to be giving him chocolate yet? But then as i said its a one off so think its ok.
    But i think he is gonna be a choccy lover like his mum cause tonight dh and i started eating an egg (Lindnt mmmm yum) and along come mr Nixon and pulled himself up to me and put his hand out for some! ok so i gave him a tiny pc but i said looks like we have to eat the chocolate in private from now on!

Rory- sounds like u had a great arvo, we did a similar thing had a few ppl over (non with kids though so Nix was centre of attention! we sat outside most of the arvo cause it was so nice, Nixon had fun digging his heels into the grass and getting all dirty, the dogs were really good with him when he was on the ground (my boxer is a bit pushy and doesnt understand his strength)
    Dee- its very wise for u guys to be thinking into the future ie future wedding costs/ uni etc.

Time for a new thread Here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678