Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #35

hi all quick one from me - really busy ATM with work!
    thinking of you all

hi everyone, hope you dont mind me joining in here, my little girl Savannah was born june 28th 06 Shes just starting to crawl now and is going through a clingy stage as shes been a bit sick!

Anyway, hope everyone is well
    Charmaine

Good afternoon Niall a bit grizzly today so this will also be a short one.

Welcome Charmzy to the Junies' group... we have a couple of other families of 4+ children and many from Melbourne so you should feel at home Good luck with TTC this year... we also have a few other preggy Junies which we are all enjoying sharing their journey again.

Rory: good to see you're still well... c'mon fess up. you must be feeling mighty tired these days

Nic: Good to hear Nixon travelled well. Makes a huge difference when you're not squashed in. Good luck with Nixon's needles on Sat... it never gets an easier (for me anyhow).

Julie: I know what you're saying about day care... the exposure to germs is pretty full-on... but if your child has a strong constitution is can actually raise their immunity. I worked in an ELC (Early Learning Centre) that had a 0-2 room and you certainly see a lot of illness... and unfortunately it's mainly the parents who are to blame as they bring their children in sick all the time *grrrr* but then again, having been a working mum myself I know how hard it is to try to work when your child is sick all the time and you don't have a sympathetic boss... I guess it's even harder these days with the new IR laws (which I hope are abolished if labor wins!)...

dramas... back later...

Welcome Charmzy, Hi to everyone else

Yeah, Bath - I am pretty pooped - I have just ramped up to 4 days of work a week, and the fact that one of them is "at home" only seems to be adding to the stress cause the LAST thing I want to do on my "days off" (as people at work call them) is work work LOL!!

But I am hanging out for second trimester!

Better go - work work to do tonight - client wants a letter of advice by tomorrow morning !

IK - hope you get your computer back soon, I miss your posts! What a great experience marching in the parade. FIL did the march to the shrine but needed a wheelchair as her has a major disability. First time he has done the shrine march and he was stoked to be there.

Julie - how did the house interview go today? Hopefully all good. Chelsea has been in daycare since she was 15 mths old and has rarely been sick, so I am very lucky. She must have my good immune system as I don't get sick very often either. Hopefully Marley will be the same. It is so hard with sick kids esp those that take longer to recover. Hope Will stays germ free!

Nic - how nice having a whole row to yourself! Hope the packing goes well and your last week in Melb. Are you sad about leaving?

Charmzy - hi and welcome to the group. I too have had a clingy baby this week, I think due to teething. She has been better today thankfully!

Bath - must be something in the air with grizzly babies. Do you think Niall is teething too? I have had the pulling of the ears and bad pooey nappies with nappy rash. Today has been a good day though compared with the last few.

Rory - I can understand why you are buggered! Hopefully the energy hormones kick in with your second trimester.

DH home today which was a nice change as he has been working some crazy shifts lately. Finally got to go to the hairdressers after 10 weeks (I usually go every 8 weeks religiously) and fix my disturbing regrowth (not a good look lol!). Then had lunch at my GF's, sitting out the back of her house in the beautiful sunshine. Her DH is being transferred to Japan for 8 mths and they all leave at the end of May. I am starting to get very sad about it as I will miss her terribley.

Sleep well everyone!

Hi All,

welcome Charmzy! i see that your last two daughters were born on the same date one year apart! and that you have a history of bubs coming early. I had my son @ 33weeks and am pg with baby 2. my reason was random though (PROM) and hoping it doesnt happen this time around and i get to full term. It must have been like a whole new experience for you this time with Savannah getting so far along.

had a tupperware party tonight and just busy putting it into the system now.
    tomorrow is our last catch up with premmie play group, then have Paed appoint, then our farewell in the night. DH was coming in the arvo but has changed his flight to get in at 8.30am, he is doing an all nighter tonight and will get straight on a plane and sleep during the day here, otherwise he'd be so buggered tomorrow he wouldn't last through the night.
    I am sad about moving from melb, ive grown to love it and the people i know too. so tomorrow night will prob be a bit sad.
    Mel- i bet your hair looks great! i had mine done before the wedding i went to on tues and very happy with it, got a fair bit chopped off so its quiet short atm.

anyway i should be working so i can get to bed!
    good night all.

Hi girls just off to bed and thought I'd pop in and say hi.
    Welcome to junies 06 Charmaine and good luck with TTC.
    Ali... got to love the MCN's I have to make some new ones as Nate is nearly out of his although it doesn't matter what nappy he's in he rips it off and starts playing with the old fella. He thinks he's very clever!!!...Ali I didn't know you were from the UK... how did I miss that, lol
    Bath.... Nathan doesn't really have a style rather he has a few variations and with all the prewalking gotta be upright business, he's crawling less and less. Very sad. But what he has been doing alot of is the squats, up down, up, down then stick is head on the ground and look through his legs, which he still finds very amusing. He is also dancing, (shaking hips side to side, squatting and banging and shaking his head, hilarious stuff).
    Ik.... :hugs: hope tomorrow brings more sunshine on your very stomy days you've been having. How is Uni? I got a couple of credits so far and a very thankful yet dismal bearly pass, I should be greatful that I passed. I start prac next week, very excited.
    Nic...good luck with the move babe.
    Julie....congrats on he citizen ceremony.
    A big hi to everyone else.
    My news is that DH got both the jobs he applied for and we collaborated over both and he has decided to take the overseas job, it is fly in and out of Brisbane, 10 weeks on 5 weeks off, the money is obscene (which is always nice). It is only for a short term of a couple of years and it will set us up very comfy. Small sacrifices for large benefit. I am really happy for him, it is such an excellent opportunity for him and us as a family. Well very tired,better go sleep.
    night
    Dee

ive just uploaded some pics of Nixon's birthday if u want to look.
    Dee- congratulations to your dh on his job, there are always sacrifices when it comes to something good, so i am sure you will all cope really well.
    LOL at Nathan sticking his head through his legs how cute! Nixon dancies by bobbing up and down on his knees then swinging left to right with his hands and upper body! he can dance better then dh already hehe!

ali- i didnt know u were from UK either!

Nic - good on your for chopping your hair and I bet it looks great. I love making a big change to mine sometimes, I get bored with the same do! Your DH will certainly be stuffed after his big night of work then flying. I hope this weekend is not too sad for you and your final trip back to Sydney goes smoothly. I am really glad I got to meet you and look forward to staying in touch via BB. I love Nixons b'day photos! That sign your dad got made is amazing! Where did he get that from, I've never seen anything like it. Nixon has such a beautiful happy smile and even more cute with his little teeth!

Dee - congrats to DH on his new job. Where will be be based? 5 weeks home will be great and I am sure the 10 wks will fly as you are so busy with the kids and uni.

MIL has taken Chelsea 10 pin bowling today. Should be interesting!!!! They are going to have lunch together afterwards, then off to visit great grandma then back here at 5pm. DH and I are going shopping this afternoon and it will be very nice to just go with 1 child in a pram who cannot disappear lol!!! MIL is looking after Marley when I go back to work in July and I need to find a pram for her. Toys R Us have some great ones on sale at the moment, so will go and check them out.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hiya girls, can't you tell the pregnancy hormones are kicking in? It's 5.20am and I can't sleep

Nickers, have you left for Sydney yet? I have kinda lost track of when you were going - have a great trip - I bet your families can't wait to have you back

7th - great news on the job - hard on both of you but it sounds like it will be worth it. Plus you know what they say about absence and the heart growing fonder

Mel, how did bowling go - Chelsea is very young - I can imagine it would have been a challenge for her!

So when you we hear from Dee about her wedding?? C'mon girl, share the details

Well last night was our first night without the dummy - we tried the cold turkey approach and after 10 minutes of crying (with us in the room with him and hovvering around) he went to sleep and woke at 3.30am cause he bumped his head (he's a wriggler!) and then again at 4.30 for a bottle. I was talking tough and gonna make him wait til 6am but I folded and gave him one just now. He should sleep till 7 or 8am, so that's not too bad.

Better go and make use of this excess energy - seey'all

Well we got back from our camping trip on Friday night, it was great down at Coffs Harbour. We did some great 4wding and saw a nearly full dam (which the QLD girls know is a rarity). It rained nearly everyday butit was still enjoyable. My only complaint is that Kailen and Lauchlan fought the whole time it was so mentally draining, but ah well. We got all the boys some gumboots so that they could still play in the mud and they thought that was great. On the farm where we were staying the farmer gave the boys a ride on the frontend loader to carry the fire wood, Kailen got to control the bucket (he was stoked with that), I've got a piccy and will post it soon.

As you can see I'm up earlier then normal cause Cody has gotten out of routine and is waking up screaming at 6am or before now, so I've got to try and get him back in routine, cause I'm not a morning person.

Better go Lockie and Wyatt have just woken up.

hugs xoxo

HI there,

Sorry i havent been on earlier but ive been so busy. I had a wonderful day although the stress of hair and make up in the morning really put a dampener on it. I didnt have any house keys because DF had taken them with the car so we left the house in the morning and forgot the cake in the fridge so we had to break in through a side window. Mum was stressing big time. She went to get her hair done and then didnt like it.
    I was really dissapointed with my hair but everyone told me it was lovely so i guess it was just me. Its so annoying i told her (and showed a piccie) of how i wanted it and it looked nothing like it!!!

Anyway, i have put some photos on my website, i have made a sub album called wedding so have a look in there!!

On the brighter side we had a perfect day! the weather was horrible on friday and sunday but really warm and sunny on saturday so i guess it was just meant to be!!

I will be back later with some personals!!

great photos dee - you looked stunning (I do understand the disappointment when things aren't the way you wanted though - had a few of them on my day too) - lachlan was real cute too. Congratulations!!!

Dee you look goregous, Lachlan and your DH look great as well

you look stunning Donna! i love your veil, what a great day! Lachlan is gorgeous in his tux too! Congratulations again. if breaking in to get the cake was the "Hiccup" of the day i think you did pretty well!

Rory - up at 5.20am, it must be hormones! Hopefully you got back to bed and had a bit of sleep in! Chelsea didn't give up her dummy till she was 2. By that age, she was better able to understand why we were taking it away and we did the cold turkey thing and never had to give it back to her again. Good luck with it, it is a tricky time but I am sure you will get through it. Chelsea absolutely loved bowling, esp the shoes! They have these ramps that young kids put the ball on and it rolls down. She used that a few times then wanted to do it by herself. She got a great score of 63 which MIL is fantastic. She wants to go again very soon.

Amanda - sounds like a good trip. Pity about the boys fighting. Can't wait to see the pics. How cool playing in the mud, i used to love that as a kid. The boys would have loved that. Bugger about the early wakings, I am not a morning person either, so hope you get him back to his routine soon.

Dee - you looked beautiful and what an amazing figure you have! The dress was beautiful and so was your hair. It can be stressful when it doesn't turn out the way you want but from the pics it looked perfect. Lachlan is such a gorgeous boy, his eyes are so big and blue! Very cute in his tux! DH is a handsome looking man too! Well done breaking into your house, there is always a drama on a wedding day and it sounds like you handled it really well. The weather looked beautiful too and so did the surroundings.

Went to my dads yesterday to start the big clean up before he moves. Nan has lived in that house for nearly 60 years and there was so much stuff! We unearthed some real treats! We found some Carlton Ware bowls and a Falcon Ware jug which after investigating on ebay, are worth at bit. She also had a complete Noritake dinner set which is quite expensive too. Dad is going to keep the dinner set and I am trying to convince him to keep the other stuff too. We decided to have a garage sale in a few weeks as some of the stuff was too nice to get rid of. All of nans old clothes are going to the op shop. We found lots of old photos of my nan and pa from the 40's. She was such a beautiful woman who dressed so immaculately. All the photos had her wearing a hat, gloves, shoes and matching bag. She had so many pairs of shoes and handbags! We found a homemade wooden key from her 21st birthday with all the signatures still on it. She also had all of her wedding horseshoes that people place over the brides hands from 1947. And all of dads and his sisters weight records. It was so great to go over all that stuff and I hope my kids can go through all the stuff I have kept when I get old. I got some of nans pearls and some diamond brooches that I will be able to pass onto the girls as well as a lovely sapphire ring. I will be sad for my dad to leave the house after so many years and nan is a bit sad too but she is quite old now and living in a nursing home. Now just have to get organised for the garage sale in 3 weeks! That will be another big job.

Just having a quiet day today, enjoying watching all the rain! Hope everyone has a great day.

Hello again,

Thanks heaps for your comments on my photos, its nice to hear. Im one of those people who hates to look at myself in photos and believe that i take a horrible photo so its nice to hear people saying that you look good!!

IK - You poor dear, it sounds like you have been through a tough time. If you need to talk you have my number, sometimes its good to just talk to someone that isnt involved and doesnt know much about the situation. Good on you for recognising that you do need to talk to someone. Bottling up something like this can come back and bite you down the track. I hope your days are gradually getting brighter and make sure you keep looking and playing with that beautiful boy of yours!!

Mel - Isnt it great looking through old things like that! It sounds like your nan has some great old stuff. Im glad you convinced your dad to keep some of it. Even if he doesnt really want it, its just nice to have it stay in the family. DH's aunty has a house full of what we think is clutter but im sure at a closer look there is some stuff there that is really old and worth alot of money. Isnt it funny that the things that are worth a fortune are the personal things that you just cant bear to part with!
    Good luck to your dad with the move. It will be hard but he will be better off.

Amanda - Glad you had a good time in coffs harbour. I know what you mean about routines being spoiled. I get it every time i go to mums for a few days. I am not a morning person either!!

Rory - How is it going without the dummy? I have been thinking about stopping it too!

Nickers - I know that you are sad about leaving melbourne but im really looking forward to you coming up to sydney (especially to engadine ) im not there as much as i used to be but i will definitely make the trip to come and meet up with you!!
    HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TO NIXON - He was born the day before my birthday!!!

Bath - Sounds like you have had a massive clean up at your place. Do you feel good? I wish i could get the motivation to do it. I really need to get onto fly lady i think. Glad you had a good time away. Are you feeling a bit happier??

Ali - Wow, first steps. She is going to be running around before you know it!!

Well, Lachlan is going really well. He is now only having one bottle per night (at about 2.30am) and then sleeping until about 6.30 - 7.00am. I can handle it now. He has had a cold the last couple of weeks and im not really one to give medication to babies but i had to give in and get some antibiotics for him as his cold started to turn chesty and i didnt want any chest infection to happen. It all seems to be cleared up now. He cut his second tooth this week. So now he has two down the bottom!
    He is really close to walking. He will pull himself up and let go and instead of falling down he will kind of put his hands out to balance and lower himself down to sitting (does that make sense??)
    Hes now saying " Daddy, car, truck, brummm. He still hasnt said mum or anything like it but thats ok cause when he calls out early in the morning its always Da Da Da. i guess i cant really get up then. DH will have to go (ha ha!!)

I think thats about it from me. I hope everyone is going well!!

i just thought i would make my very special post in this thread to say 3000 POSTS!!

Dee- Lachlans vocab is great. and good on him for calling out to dad in the morning hehe! When nixon is older and starts coming into our room i will teach him to go to daddy's side and wake him up first hehe!!

Nixon had his 12m immunisations on sat and yesterday he came out in a red spotty rash all over his torso. we had a MCHN appoint so she checked him over and said its most likely from the needles as there is no other signs of it being anything else and it should go in 24hrs. Thismorning it is not as bad so hopefully going. but i didnt even know he had it till undressing him at the appointment, because in the morning he never had it.

Anyway his stats were:
    weight: 10.6kg
    Length: 79.5cm
    HC: 45.5cm

his length and weight just keep climbing the ladder & he's always had a smaller head. Good sign manybe if i get a VBAC this time bub's head will be small!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast