Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #35

Bath - big hugs and congratulations on being BB Member of the Month! Just noticed it while checking the other posts! WELL DONE! Enjoy spending your winnings, its very well deserved and why we miss you so much when you don't post.

Awww ta Mel I have to admit it was lovely to discover when i stumbled across the announcement myself this afternoon LOL they don't warn you or anything via email LOL I've had a good suggestion to wait for the Myer Stocktake sale which i might follow... and/or buy a new piece of Villeroy and Boch crockery that i've been collecting over the years Anyhow, it was nice to be acknowledged... you don't often get that kinda feedback in life... you know, that your contributions are valued... especially as a SAHM... it's really made my day... nah, my month!

Congrats Bath that's great that you have gotten MOTM, it's well deserved .

Julie that's great that you have been able get all your upgrades for a reasonable price, sounds like it's all going ahead full steam now. Yay on William standing by himself.

Nic how's your knee this morning, hopefully you'll be able to do a fair bit of packing today with your friend looking after Nixon. If I don't get on again before Friday have a great flight and try and take it easy on the plane.

Hello Mel, IK, Dee and Donna. Welcome Charmzy.

Well I'm going to ask a personal question so if you don't want to answer that's fine, ok so of those who are still b/fing who hasn't got AF back yet? Cody is 11 months today and I still haven't got AF back yet, I keep having that feeling when I think that it's coming but nothing.

Also Cody still has fluid behind his left ear drum and a pinkish throat so that seems to be the cause of him being up and screaming every night, so I've got antibiotics for him so hopefully he'll be better soon. Ok better go get the boys ready for school and childcare. Then Wyatt, Cody and myself are doing food shopping.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; May 2nd, 2007 at 08:07 AM. Reason: pressed the submit button by mistake, lol

Hi girls - phew a lot of posts!

Congrats Bath! Enjoy I will be at the Mercy tomorrow for my 1st check up (but I have to work so I will be finishing there at 9am and heading into work by train straight away) But my other appointments will be on my off days, so I can pop by for visits.

And about kids wrecking precious things - my dad spent the post-war years in Austria and had a little toy hedgehog with real leather leder-hosen (sp?). Anyways, when I was about one he gave it to me to play with (his first mistake LOL) - the first thing I did was bite off its nose!!

Mel, so enjoy reading your posts - you seem to have such a full life ATM!

Julie, LOL about "been dragged through a hedge backwards"!! The no-dummy policy has worked well, but then we have always been insanely lucky with Flynn. He pretty much goes to sleep straight away at night, has a top-up bottle at 10-11pm, wakes about 3.30 with a wet nappy and then at 4.30-5.30am for a morning bottle. The morning bottle is a bit of a pain, and he usually wakes at 6.30-7am anyway, so he isn't a great sleeper I guess, but I am happy to put up with that for his otherwise cheery personality.

IK, Coco sounds wonderful! we really want a dog but would like two minature schnauzers (cost about $600 each at a minimum) Add to that the cost of vet bills and a side fence we badly need and I think it will be a few years before we get a dog.

Nikers, not long now til the great return - I bet you are looking forward to being settled again

Amanda, glad you enjoyed your trip, and Dee your wedding looks lovely!

Good to see you too Jaspen!!

Well all is well with us but I am really tired - I am so unmotivated to clean the house it is getting me down. everything is tidy and put away, so I could have people over and not be embarrased but things are dirty and dusty and the cupboards are messy and disorganised. Maybe this is early nesting LOL??

Flynn had a big spew this morning (he doesn't have an off switch when it comes to eating and though he looked a bit disinterested in his brekky I kept shovelling it in ) So we had to clean the rug and all his clothes at 7.30 this morning. Lucky our rug is sisal and hoseable!

well better go - I have abit of work work to do today and it is mothers group day and I gotta go to the shops and DH and I are taking Flynn swimming in the arvo and I gotta wax before then and from 6-8pm I have a community meeting to attend PHEW!! I am tired already !!

Bath- oh congratulations i hadn't seen the other post either!
    Jules- yes we were very lucky that Nixon was such a good size at birth, im sure this helped him recover in his first week. They estimated he'd be in between 1.8kg-2kg and he was neally 2.3kg! it was great catching up with the Junie's, i hope the Melb girls still get together every now and then and im looking forward to meeting some mums in Sydney.
    Amanda- my knee isnt too bad thismorning, still cant kneel on it and its started bruising up nicely but i'll live. It could have been much worse, i just think what if i dropped Nixon or fell ontop of him or onto my stomach.....there is always what if's though and im glad none of them occured.
    i hope the anitbiotics kicks in for Cody and he's on the mend soon.
    Mel- my nan used to tell me how they would only dress in their finest to go into town (never called it the city) In a way i wish it was still like this! Imagine the atmosphere back then and how exciting it would have been to be saying im going into town today!
    Rory- i would be looking forward to settling down if i knew we were. Its the house moving then moving again thing till our house sells that im not looking forward to. Then talks of building again but renting so that would mean 3 moves before we got into our own place......

had some pains in my lower abdomonem last night which were nothing i've felt before. I think its my body telling me to pace myself. DH suggested Nix & I got to my mums for a few days whilst he sets up our bed, Nixon's cot and the dogs etc etc. it sounds like a good idea but he is doing too much too and with his new job he has been so busy and has a lot more responsibility i'd feel bad sitting back relaxing while he is doing all the work.

ok better get stuck into the packing and cleaning.

Time for a new thread!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789