Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #36

Julie - I loved the lamington train! Good on you for doing such a good job, it had lots of fiddly bits to it. The 9am sleepin is unfortunately not a regular thing! But it was good LOL! I still haven't got my ingredients yet, will do before the weekend. Let me know how you go with the other biscuits as I'm not overly keen on gingernuts either. Your picnic sounds wonderful, but I PML about the swan show down!

IK - the blue fish was pretty cool! I will show you photos next time, I don't have any digital ones. I love finding suprises in the cupboard. My GF has a DD same age as Chelsea, then she had a DS in Nov, so all of her DD clothes came to me for Marley. Most of them are too big but I did find some treats that fit her now. Marley has no respect for her clothes either, they get covered in slobber, food or dirt! Gotta love the air gasping and I remember how loud Oscar was doing it - very cute! You could easily make a pie, you have been doing so well with the slices and bikkies it't time to graduate lol! Was wondering what hair do you got? Bet it looks great, you have lovely hair. Do you have to tell you old hairdresser? Or can you just move on to this new one. I have been going to the same one for 10 years and my old hairdresser moved overseas so I haven't had that problem before.

Chelsea had swimming today, then lunch with 2 GF's and their kids. At the shopping centre we got to, they have an outdoor eating area which is fully enclosed and the kids often go out there (we can see them from inside), Chelsea was heading outside and walked straight into the door handle! She has a big bump and bruise right in the middle of her forehead. No both my girls have bruised heads! After a few tears she came good to go back outside and play. If anyone likes the minimink stuff, they are having a sale on their winter hats (they are gorgeous), normally $28 down to $10. Going to order 2 for the girls, they have a cute russian style hat for the babies which has the bit that covers their ears and ties under their chin. It comes in honey or chocolate colour. They are so cute so if you get a chance, check them out. I think its minimink.com.au

Better get ready for bed! Night all

I've bookmarked that site, Mel, thanks! May have to request the hat from my mum, though, as I am under instructions to think very carefully about non-essential purchases...paid my credit account today and the rate I'm going, I'll have spent our airfares in the next couple of months, eek! I keep getting the 'so, do you want to go to Ireland in January?'. Doesn't help that straight after that talk, I went into the village and ducked into the boutique...I have on hold a divine little shirt/cardigan thing in a heavy crumpled satin...it's only $55! However, I have to control myself and even if I layby it, it's still money that could go towards our trip. Although I could use a technicality...it would make perfect wedding wear...and we're going predominantly for a wedding...
    I'll show you my hair soon, Mel! Nothing too exciting, but it's shorter and 'funner'. I feel bad about my old hairdresser because we had a great relationship. Unfortunately, they are also in Pakenham. It used to be worth the trip cos I wouldn't be charged much, but then late in the pregnancy I couldn't face driving that far, so I took up a recommendation locally...and haven't looked back. The thing is, I know they'd love to meet Oscar. These girls also did my sister's wedding hair and makeup (and bridesmaids), so we've been through a lot together! (the story of that morning is apparently priceless, but I was too hungover and probably still stoned to appreciate that...not a good time to have your first bong experience, when you're the bride's sister and have to sing in the church the next day...).
    Anyway, gonna head to bed now that Oscar is sleeping in the sling (hasn't done his poo today, so maybe he's reverting to a morning poo...I prefer the morning poo, it just gets it out of the way for the rest of the day!!).
    Tomorrow MIL has him for most of the day so that I can go to the osteo, but also so that I can study. She's a good egg.
    Good night!
    PS Julie, email me when you have my email address, I get nervous leaving personal information online!

Oh my god, a whole day and no posts!!! Where is everyone, its been so quiet lately.

IK - the hats are so divine, still trying to decide which hats to get for the girls, hope they don't sell out by the time I decide. Cardigan sounds very cute - I am no good for shopping advice, I would say just buy it lol!!!! I so want to hear the wedding story, sounds interesting. I prefer morning poo too. Hope you got lots of study done today.

Had a friend come over for lunch with her 2 1/2 yo DS and I made my yummy veg, bacon and lentil soup. Chelsea had lots of fun running around with him outside, it was such a beautiful day (where was the rain or storms we were supposed to get!). Marley has been so clingy today and her gums are still swollen! I think I can see a bit of white though so hopefully it cuts soon.

Night all!

hey girls was gonna say hi but too tired now - yes it is 5 am - Flynn woke all night at at 4am I gave up and started typing. just did a long post in pg journal

off to bed now - zzzzzzzzzz

Oh, Rory, I hope you got good sleep after your post!
    Mel - you're no help at all! You're the devil on my shoulder, talking over the angel on the other that says 'do you want to go to Ireland?'...
    Ah, the wedding. Well, I'll tell you in person, cos I'll say something incriminating and this is a public forum! Needless to say, I was the worst bridesmaid in the world. My cousin passed out on the floor of the hairdressers and I had to get my makeup done whilst lying on the couch being fed banana cake to get my blood sugar levels up...disgraceful. And then I was heat-stressed during the photos because it was that 42 degree Valentines Day a few years ago. Not helping that I was at my biggest then, so anything I ate had to go that much further to keep me going! I was a disgrace. Bongs and G&T's the night before was not a good idea (considering there was more G than T in a tumbler glass...). Anyway, the hairdressers thought it was a hoot. Until last May, I had been going there since early 2000, so it's a long history. I feel bad because I do know they would love to see Oscar, but Pako's so out of my way now that I don't have a reason to go there.
    Grandma's coming for Oscar soon, and he's asleep in the sling. He'll need a nappy change before he goes, so I may have to wake him up for that. Being that she will be on the road with him, I would like to have him fuss-free as possible, so I'll have him in a disposable, and possibly booby feed him as well. Nothing worse than being out and about, trying to change the nappy of a little monkey who crawls off as quick as a flash with bare bum in the air...

Good afternoon girls... I'll get back in here later but until then: Nickers and Rory: I have just sent Kathryn (AstroLady) updated avatars with your new bumps etc. Nic... not sure what happened last time but I might have sent it to the wrong address... sorry about the wait.

Hi everyone

IK - Thanks for sharing your photos and videos with me. Oscar looks so gorgeous doing his walk, plonk, walk, plonk thang! Coco looks lovely - is she short haired or Shawn? Ive not seen a westy without a longish coat before. LOL with your bridesmaid story. The one time i've been a bridemaid i was pretty disgraceful - there was a subsidised bar so a bottle of wine was only the same as 2 glasses so we all ended up walking round swigging out of bottles, i had a red dress on which looked lovely on at the start but after having been on the bouncy castle (V proud that me and the bride were the 1st ones on), being sloshed, mascara down face, black bra strap showing, carrying a bottle of wine - lets just say i looked more like a hooker on the photos (not the official ones thank god - just the ones taken by friends in the evening.) ahh those were the days, i'm such a 2 pot screamer (love that saying) now that i'm dreading going back home and being expected to keep up with everyone on pints.

Rory - cor hope you've managed to get some sleep since your post - you poor thing.

Mel - still haven't made those caramel slices yet as went out this morning and still forgot to pick up a slice tray - grrrrr. As predicted i've already launched into the hobnobs - theres still enough left to use as long as i don't pinch anymore. Your veg, lentil and bacon soup sounds so nice. I love eating hearty soups on cold days. I cheated with the lamington cake train and made it using less fiddly items. I have it on my photobucket site (was so impressed with IK's that i started one too).

Had Will and Oscar weighed and measured today and i'm so pleased. Will's stats are:
    wt: 8.16kg, length 70cm, hc 44cm so he's finally on the scale for his height which i'm so pleased with. He's small but he's in proportions so i'm happy (I'm short and DH isn't exactly tall). They've given me a referral to talk to a dietician about the dairy intolerance as i don't want to bf past 12 months but he's still intolerant so hopefully she'll give me some ideas as i don't want to do formula and chn said i could try soy but he may be intolerant to that for now. Oscar was between 40-50th percentiles for his measurements too so i'm very happy with that and am going to email them to my inlaws (when visiting earlier this year they kept going on about 'was he underwieght for his age?' and that we didn't feed him enough junk food - wtf? so pffft to them!

Hope eveyone's good today

Julie x

#karen# Guest

Hi everyone, just don't seem to have time for computer anymore. Well it looks like a few of us aren't getting much sleep. Nathan is cutting his 4th tooth and I am crying out for a good nights sleep. He hasn't really slept well since 6 months. I think he's out of the habit now.
    Wow, congrats bath, member of the month. Do you get a prize?
    Yes, birthdays are coming up. My mothers group from church meet on Nathans actual birthday and I'm rostered on to bring morning tea. So that works out well. Haven't thought about the cake yet. Something easy, I like the clock one (jelly numbers and jelly snakes for the hands) but will wait till he is older because of the lollies on it.
    Hope all is well with everyone and will try to pop in more often.

Hi Karen, good to see you back
    Julie - the photos are gorgeous! Great train cake, too! Glad you're not stressing about Will's stats - my GF has two slim babies, one's nearly 3 and the other nearly 4 - we've called them both Golum when we go camping and they're getting around buck naked, cos they're so skinny! But they are completely healthy and very cute, so no stress.
    I have no idea what Oscar weighs, next month I'll see, but I'm guessing Oscar is over 11 kilos, or about 11. Who knows? At least he doesn't seem to have boy-boobies now...
    Well, better go collect car and boy.
    Bit norty, but I got my special order from PashParties and surprised DP with it when he got home early...nice to be able to make noise whilst DTD with no boy in the house A remote controlled device, so I gave the remote to DP and he was trying to make the connection between that and my giggly squirm whenever he pressed the button...felt a bit like an experiment to replicate Pavlov's dogs experiment, with the reward for action... I'd been feeling antsy all day, not quite sure why, but that scratched my itch!

#karen# Guest

Thanks IK. I don't know what Nathan weighs either. Both my other boys are skin and bones. Nathan still has the baby boobies tho
    Oh and Rory, Congrats!!!!! I just noticed your ticker. Hope you have been feeling okay.

Hi all well our camping trip was good except the dust, it's just so dry up here it's not funny. We got home on Sunday night and unpacked and dusted all the dirt off everything and went to bed. Monday was a lazy day didn't do to much, DH was making a light for the back door of the 4wd and put a screw driver through his hand so I've had him home for the last two days. Cody is still not sleeping through so got him checked again and he's all better so we just have to find a way to get him to sleep through the night again, so I can sympathise with you Rory and Karen and anyone else having problems with their bubs. Only another 4 days until mothers day. Ok will go for now and try and get back on later.

hugs xoxo

Hiya Karen! Thanks... yes I received a $20 Coles Myer gift card...well, it's in the mail anyhow! And I've another skinny mini... Niall is probably only about 8kg as well... I haven't been taking him for checkups but will soon for his 1 yo one.

boys too demanding... I'll try again later!

oooo hateful desktop computer (I'm on the lap top now) email not sending stuff IK I wrote that I was having trouble logging onto your site to see your video... and lots of other newsy stuff send me something again so i can receive your email addy on the laptop (I've shut down the desktop). I've also added a password to my Photobucket site... email me if you need it... oh why does everything have to be so complicated~!?

ETA: Hi Amanda sorry I missed your post... ouchy! hope your Dh's hand heals quicky... hand injuries can be very frustrating, left or right? I hope Cody sleeps well tonight... Niall has only slept 'through' once (11pm - 6.55am)
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 9th, 2007 at 06:31 PM.

Rory - you poor love, 5am is not a good time to be waking up. Hope you got some more shut eye.

IK - I am the evil one LOL!!!! I can never convince myself not to buy, can't seem to help it, so I am useless trying to convince others. I now really want to hear the full story of the wedding. Never heard of PashParties before but it does sound interesting!!! Glad your itch is scratched LOL!!!!

Julie - I haven't made it either. How many packets of biscuits was it? Couldn't remember if it was one or two. I love these crazy wedding stories! I certainly can't drink as much as I used to. Thats great that both boys are doing well. I have a very light baby too! She was only just over 7kgs at her 8 mth check up so not sure what she is now but she is only light. Make the email to inlaws a good one LOL!!!

Karen - great to hear from you. Sorry to hear you haven't been getting any sleep, teething is so horrible. Marley is going through it at the moment and she is driving me insane!!! She still only has 2 teeth but her gums are swollen so more must be coming. The clock cake is gorgeous. Make sure you get pics of it.

Amanda - glad your trip went well. Hope DH's hand gets better, sounds like a nasty injury! Marley is sleeping fine at night (thank god) but is just so cranky during the day. Wish her teeth would just bust through.

Bath - you'll have to email me your password. Have you added any new pics to your site. I noticed you have changed your ticker, such a cute picture, the other one was cute too with their footy colours.

Didn't take Marley swimming today due to her cold (again!) and she has been feral! She is normally a good sleeper during the day and today she has been lucky if she slept an hour! The rest of the day she has been just crying at anything and even holding her doesn't seem to do much! Her top gums are very swollen and i can see something there but hard to see as she won't keep her head still for very long. Just hope she is better tomorrow. I have an open day to go to for Chelsea primary school tomorrow, which I am looking forward to. Chelsea is so excited to be seeing her school, so hopefully Marley is not too grumpy! Better be off, Heroes is on!

Hope babies sleep well tonight.

hi all, quick one from me again
    there are new pics on Flynn's site - DH turned him into a pegasuarus!

gotta go - tired

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello girls,
    just checking up on you all!
    Ally is well, no teeth yet, but she is the baby of the bunch, she turns 10 months today I think?? She is till only camando crawling too - but she is almost up on all fours... She can pull herself up in her cot and she good understanding of yes, no, kiss, ect... and she can say a few words... I've been teaching her to sign, but she is not getting too far, when she wants a drink (which in sign in like drinking a cup of water) she waves bye bye.. it is pretty funny...not sure if she will say water before she can sign it, but I will keep you posted.

well, off to read a few pages back - congrats Baths, on member of the month, you deserve it! Hugs!

grrrr i am not a happy bunny. We are going to have to be hard and get rid of Will's dummy - i was up 9 times last night to pop it back in and it's getting ridiculous. Even worse Oscar is coming down with a really nasty sounding cough and Will has been wingeing lots so i guess he will too. I am so annoyed as i know the source of this as yet again my friend bought her kids (who were coughing horrendously) to my walking group on Tuesday and let them intermingle and cough over everyone elses kids. Is it just me? i think it's really poor to take your kids somewhere where they are going to mingle with other kids when they are sick with something contagious. I'm also annoyed as i was going to meet some Perth BB mums at one of their boys parties tomorrow and i'm not going to be able to now as i'm not passing on my kids illness to anyone else. i was so looking forward to meeting some more people. grrrrrrr rant now over, hope i haven't offended anyone.
    x

ETA just read that and it sounds like i'm most bothered about not being able to go out anywhere which isn't the case. I find it so distressing when osc and Will are sick as they are so uncomfy, at least Osc can usually let me know where hurts so i can help but Will can't and has no idea how to blow his nose so he just has to suffer poor mite. Hope it's 'just' a cough and doesn't turn into a cold also. grrrr
    Last edited by PlonkeeMumma; May 10th, 2007 at 12:30 PM.

Completely understand both reasons for being annoyed, Julie! I hate it, too! Forgot to answer your question the other day, too - Coco is clipped, but I'm going to let her hair grow, cos I love a scruffy dog and she'll need her coat through winter. Summer I might clip it again, especially when we leave her with someone when we go to Ireland in Jan - don't want to leave a dog that needs grooming with some poor sod!
    Just popping in quickly, got to make hte most of Oscar free time...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast