Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #36

Default Babies Born June 2006 #36

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Lea, you'll need to change the title of the thread, it's gonna be confusing - you've put July, but inside the thread it says it's the June thread. This will be particularly confusing because there is no direct link to the new thread from the last post in the last thread to follow (Christy linked from last to new the last time), so Junies will be fishing for it in the forum and wonder where it's gone!

Was locked out of the last thread cos my post took too long to write!

Still feel poorly, but have doctors appointment later.
    Coco slept in our room on a pile of clothes, instead of in her bed in the loungeroom...but DP was fine with that!! He wants her outside at night, but I thought her first night should be nice and secure with us. She catches on so quick. I'll teach her a few things and then see if I get some mojo to pay my annual fee for the dog obedience club I joined with Odin (one off joining fee, so I guess I'm still a member!). She could be a lot of fun for trialling later on! Rory - I suppose you already know, but just in case, be very careful with those mini schnauzers, they are more often than not bred for looks and can have snappy tendencies. It's endemic with all mini breeds, actually - bad eggs are the norm. Make sure you see at least one parent (both if you're ordering from a ***** who hasn't been mated yet!). They're adorable when paired with good personalities!
    Amanda - I mentioned it the other week, but I have no AF, either When I get it back, I'll be following the BB features link to the Mooncup site. I looked at it a while ago, thinking "no way", but I'm converted...well, I might be once I start using it...whenever that may be!
    This has taken forever to write between other tasks, so I might just post it now or it will be evening when I post it!
    Last edited by Lea13; May 2nd, 2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Double Post

Mel - Not sure when the actual building starts but hopefully very soon - not much fun paying mortgage and rent! Skype is great. It's free and easy to download off the internet and all you need is a webcam with a microphone and you're off! It's free to call other skype members but you can use it to call normal phones cheaply if you 'buy credit' and maybe also buy a skype phone - though not sure about this as we only do skype to skype so to speak. Our phone bill is mini now that all our family has it. Sounds like you are having a nice morning with Marley's swimming then lunch with your gf.

Bath - congrats on BB member of the month!

Amanda - Still BF and no AF for me either yet. Hope Cody feels better soon.

Rory - your day sounds so full! Hope it's all good. lol re the early nesting! How far are you now?

Nic - easier said than done but do try and have some relaxy time! i know how difficult it is - we put our house on the market 3 weeks after Will was born as we were moving to Perth and were still renovating the bathrrom and painting the kitchen. i was wheelbarrowing and putting mulch on the garden 2 weeks after Will was born - no wonder my c/s scar is so ugly!

IK - Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tried to get out the house early this morning - got us all ready then Will decided he was desperate for a sleep so am having to wait for him to wake up.
    Have a great day all.
    Julie x

Woops

I've changed it now LOL.

Sorry guys!

Thanks IK and Julie this is the longest I've b/f for usually I get AF back about a month after stopping, so wasn't sure if the longer you b/f for that it would show up.

IK what is the mooncup? Should I just google it?

Julie I did the mopping last night and shopping today and my house is still not tidy, lol.

hugs xoxo

Good afternoon Home now from collecting Wade from Kinder. Thanks everyone for your congratulations. DH was happy for me too, he knows how much BB means to me... Verity thought it was funny, she's just starting to talk to me in a patronising manner which is a bit of a concern but I let it go this time Bought Niall his first pair of shoes today... and they are not Robeez as planned. They are similar, same price, all leather with leather lining but with a superior sole. One of the mums at PlayGroup had a pair on her son... they looked great so I went out and bought a pair... they are called Tip Toey Joey.

I'll add to this later... Niall needs me.

ETA: Amanda: I've had AF twice only since Niall was born and quite far apart... infact i skipped a month twice... I haven't been keeping a calendar either which is a bit careless but there's not been too much action going on... DH says he's going to get the snip soon... but he has yet to make an appointment. Many of his work colleagues have had it done so he feels kinda ok about it.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 2nd, 2007 at 01:22 PM.

There's a brand called Happy Kids and I got a pair similar to Robeez from eBay, and there is another eBay store that sells a similar shoe, I'll send you the link via email if you wish
    Julie and Mel - Skype credit can also be used to send cheap SMS messages, too. You don't necessarily need a webcam, but this adds another dimension to contacting OS people. Just a microphone in the audio jack and inbuilt speakers, or if you have bluetooth, you can use a bluetooth headset and talk whilst walking around completing tasks, like I do when I Skype my sister in NZ. I've got credit set up to Skype Out any OS people who aren't internet savvy, or to call an OS mobile, for instance. They've just brought out a new thing where you can set up an automatic top up payment if your credit falls below 2 euro - it's a PayPal payment, and as I have PP for eBay anyway, it's too easy. DP organised BIL's buck's night calling BIL's mates' mobiles using Skype Out and it worked out far cheaper than using the home phone.
    Amanda - the Mooncup will come up in a google search, but it's also the feature on BB home page, with a link for the info. Generally, for as long as you are demand BFing, it should suppress ovulation. Have you stopped, or were you just saying that with the other kids you and AF were reunited that much sooner? Sorry, I was a bit confused about that comment!
    Bath - you could get Verity back and be patronising about what 'little friend' she's talking to on MSN

Sorry IK my brains not working to well these last few days, no I haven't stopped b/fing, I'm still doing anywhere from 4-5 feeds a day or more sometimes. I was talking about when I stopped with the other boys AF came back pretty quick, sorry I wasn't more clear.

Lol I just reread it and your right it is confusing. It made sense in my head, hehe.

hugs xoxo

Bath - did you manage to get to sleep last night? The full moon must have been working as I was in bed late too last night. I love kids shoes, they are so cute. I have a few pairs for Marley. I got a cute pair of "my first dunlops", little pink dunlop volleys and a pair called Gold Bugs, they are all leather with an elasticized back so they are easy to get on. They are just prewalkers and she can crawl around still with them on. Where do the Tip Toey Joey come from (love the name!).

IK - bugger you are still not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear Coco settled in well last night. We have always had dogs sleep inside (usually the laundry), I am a bit of a softy when it comes to that. You might be able to talk DP around. Thanks for the skype info.

Julie - might look into skype, thanks for the info.

Had some exciting news this morning, my GF in America had her baby this morning (12.55pm May 1, their time), a little girl called Libby Mia. 8lb 5oz, 52cm. She has a son who is 20mths old. She didn't tell me the sex but I guessed it was a girl, I am so very happy for her and her DH. Can't wait to see pics. Marley did so well at swimming today. She was the youngest in the class today and was the only one not crying so I was very proud of her. She looks so funny when I hold her under her arms, she still has the crawling action under water and her little bum wiggles left and right! She enjoyed collecting the coloured balls but was not so keen to give them back? Has anyone else noticed tantrums with their bubs yet? Went to lunch with my GF and had a yummy vegetarian pizza. It was only a quick lunch and back home to finish off some cleaning (when I get off here!).

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Tip Toey Joey have a good website... just Google. Made in Brazil.

Niall hasn't thrown a tanty yet... not the "I'm throwing my body down and letting loose" kind yet anyhow. I recall my others used to deliberatly bang their heads on the floor when they reached about 1 yo... I guess that's when it starts with mine... uh oh... Niall is annoying Wade... better lay down the law.... back later...

Mel - Marley sounds soo cute at swimming. Will really enjoyed his swim lesson last Saturday as we,ve changed pools and the new instructor is just so much better. He doesn't like giving the balls back either - just stuffs them in his mouth. He has started tantrumming - he throws himself face forward onto the floor from sitting if i take something off him eg - he eats tissues if im not careful enough! If he's in his pram he turns into a screaming banana! its still quite rare though thankfully. Oscar was a nighmare when he was one - he was walking and his daycare asked me how i wanted them to deal with him as they'd not seen anything like it!(i had no idea what to do!) he would through himself forward or backward onto his head from standing! The bruises were unreal! He cut himself quite badly when he did it at a friends house when he through himself backwards onto their rough pebblecrete drive. They were having a baptism in their garden and everyone turned round and sucked in their breath at the sickening thud of head on concrete - i think they thought i'd pushed him or he'd fell - not done it on purpose - i certainly had the 'crap mother of the year award' feeling. Fortunately he only did it for about 2 or 3 weeks as he must of started to put together pain with throwing himself on his head. I'm hoping Wll doesn't follow suit as up to now he's scar free!

mmmm peace and quiet, i so love it when they are both asleep at lunch time! i should go and prepare dinner for tonight but i think i might hang around abit longer teehee.

Julie x

errrr, it's suddenly gone very quiet in here - where's everyone gone?

Hope alls well with everyone!

Julie x

I'm around Julie but busy with the kids.... have been posting one liners in other threads but can't get enough peace to write anything longer at this stage... maybe later...

Hi Julie, I'm here lol!!! It is very quiet today. With swimming, you need a good instructor that can not only teach the kids, but also someone who they like. I have been going to the same swim school for nearly 4 years and we have been very lucky to have had some brilliant teachers. I am glad you found the right one. LMAO about the tantrums (sorry!), they were a doozy!!!! Glad Oscar worked it out.

Bath - just found a kids site called Buckets and Spades that stock the shoes. They are so cute! Might have to see if they have any on ebay! I had never heard of them before, so thanks for the tip.

Tantrums - Chelsea was a such a little angel, she vary rarely threw tantrums and her naughty phase didn't really start until she was 3, then rather than tantrums, she just gave attitude! Still does now. Marley however, is very different. We haven't had any of the body slamming or throwing herself down (yet!) just screaming or grunting when something is taken off her. She gets very annoyed, and Chelsea is forever taking things of her and I am sure Chelsea loves the reaction she gets and now takes things off her on purpose just to annoy her!

Loving the rain today, my grass is looking greener already! Took Chelsea to kinder this morning then straight to do my shopping and post off some of my ebay things. Cooking corn beef tonight with mash, great food for a rainy day.

Glad i'm not the only one! Although i won't be here for much longer as i can hear some snuffling through the monitor!

Mel - so good you found a great swim school first off. MMMM corn beef and mash - yummy!

Hey ladies, Welcome to our new members.
    Well not long now till Pat, Charlie and Jack all turn one! I can't believe our babies are growing up.

Hiya Jess Yes I know it's a real countdown now.... I wish I was organised and had a list of the June Babies' birthdates... I'd hate to forget a birthday but I am kinda dependant on looking at tickers and signatures. I really should start to make plans for Niall's first birthday... I'd like him to have a party... Wade and Verity missed out on having first birthday parties so it would be kinda special to have one for him.

Well Wade is at Kinder and Niall is still asleep in the pram... woo hoo! But the best news of the day for me is that.... MY PETER RABBIT CALENDAR arrived this morning!!!! I had given it up as a lost cause and felt so bitter about the whole ebay process thinking I had done my dough... but the seller had put the wrong post code on the package... I bought it back in February so it's been a looong wait. Now I'll just have to fill in 4 months worth of notes on Niall's progress... I've written a few down... might have to refer to BB... my whole life is archived here at least!

ok... time to grab a cuppa and a chocolate/caramel slice that i made yesterday before Niall wakes up...

Hi Jess, great to hear from you.

Bath - that is so good you finally got the calendar! Amazing that the wrong postcode has held it up for so long. Choc/caramel slice would be delicious with a coffee, I am very envious! I had a small lamington finger, but no where near as nice as your slice! Chelsea had a beautiful first birthday with a hawaiian theme, all the kids got leis (sp?) when they arrived and I did the swimming pool b'day cake! It was summer though, so bit harder to do a party in winter. I haven't really though much about it yet, but as you say its coming up fast. I think Nic has a list of all the b'days.

Boring day in the house today! Chelsea has been driving Marley nuts, taking her toys and just annoying her. After lunch, Chelsea was rubbing her eyes, so I told her she had to have a rest this afternoon (there was protesting!) and both girls are asleep, peace at last! I don't know how long it will last.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast