Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #4

Cee Cee - HAB looks more complicated than it is! It can phase you out before you even try it, but it's worth getting your head around it I'd been eyeing them off since November. Put it this way, my friend who lent it to me also lent me the video...our VCR is disconnected so I've gone by the pictures on the website!
    Uh oh, Oscar's awake after I thought I'd put him down for the night...

CeeCee- Hey hun, Patrick was in hospital with bronchiolitis.He was on oxygen for a couple of days and they had to give him antibiotics through an IV into his foot.

He is finally home, but there have been some dramas, somehow DHS thought that I had discharged against the hospital and they sent the police around to see what was happening( really good when it isn't my house and my aunt is sick!), I explained and then DHS rang me themselves. I have to go into the MCHN today(I was anyway!) and they have to ring her while I am there! Isn't that an invasion of privacy???

littlerigger Guest

Morning all!

Jess - I'm glad Pat is home. Hopefully the authorities sort their [email protected] out soon!! If not I will send them a right royal kicking!!

Neeny - Good to see you back! So proud you finished your blanky and the poncho!! And ignore what Matt says re: colours etc. what do men know? My mum crocheted a blanket for Ryan out of that multi-coloured wool and honestly it looks like a rainbow paddle pop! But I love it! I did my prints while Ryan was awake & happy. Personally I feel ink is better than paint because it isnt all squidgy. Its cleaner I think. Also makes for more detailed prints.

Enigma my bleeding is lighter this morning YAY!! I know what you mean I was happier not getting periods. Back to the pill for me I think so I can only have a period once every 3 months. With Aneta sleeping on the couch, Ryan will only let us eat dinner in peace if he lies on the couch!!!! So odd cause he never lies on it any other time!!

Dee I hope things keep improving!! Its all a huge learning curve. Especially for us first timers and dont be afraid to go to Tresillian if things get worse again or anything because we should never be to proud to ask for help!

Bath who did DD & DH go to see? Im so glad the Swans got up on the weekend! Its good when they start getting more alert! Ryan giggles and plays now. When I have my shower in the morning he chills out in the bouncer & talks & laughs with himself. He does it most of the time in the bouncer. Just chats away to me & giggles & smiles until he puts himself to sleep. His feral time is usually about 6pm but I think thats because its nearly bath & bedtime. And he doesnt like waiting for mummy & daddy to have dinner.

Birth rego we paid $51 which was for a standard & a pretty certificate. As someone else said, a normal certificate was going to cost nearly $40 anyway so paid the extra $10 and got both 

Cee cee hows the feeding going? I can still see my line but it wasnt very dark lucky me  my spotting stopped at about 4 weeks so youve probably got a little way to go 

Ali I hope Tori goes back to settling soon. Ive found with Ryan, after going somewhere new he can be a little unsettled. I think its their little minds trying to process all the new sounds & smells. Hes usually back to himself after a day or so. Ive heard nothing but good things about the HABs. Check out the baby wearing forum.

Nic where are our snow pics??? Im jealous!

Tanya happy belated birthday!!

I wonder what's happened to Emishka??

Us well Ryan seems to have conjunctivitis which is making him clingy for the first time in ages. Hopefully it will clear up soon & I can have my happy Ryan back!

candy - not sure if u want to ty this or not. but in Poland for aaaaages they have used chamomile for conjuctivitis. Aneta had it a few days after birth ( started as a blocked tear duct ).... just make chamomile tea ( without the sugar ofcourse )... once its cooled to warm , dip a cotton bud in it and wipe the eye until all the pus clears. Anetas took a while but it cleared...ive always used this method myself , but my mum convinced me its safe & natural for babies too ...
    as for the period problem...i didnt bleed all night yay!! but it came back this morning... thing it might be the beginning of th end tho..

hehe gotta run , Aneta's doing this funny face , it means " pick me up mummy slave " *sigh*

littlerigger Guest

hehe mummy slave!!!

afternoon all. well back from our trip, Mum just loved looking after Nixon while i went out a bit. The snow (for anyone who goes) was the worst i have EVER seen it & Ive been going for 23yrs now.... it was atrocious, but whats more atrocious is that they can still charge full lift tix $88 for one day (yes thats right) and only have 5-6 of the 30+ lifts open. To get to a couple u had to catch a chair lift up but then come back down it when finished on one side because there was no snow to board back down over it....... Luckily cost wise its all a work expense as dh runs the snowboard/binding distribution company. It was a demo w/e down there so all legit. & we were given 2 free passes for sat/sun so we just shared them around the 8 of us. there was not enough snow to stay out for too long.
    Anyway Nixon had fun took some cool pics in a tabbogan (sp?) in the snow, will add them to my www shortly & let you know when they r there!
    Nixon is funny he goos and chats and giggles at anyone that pays him some attention, he's gonna be a charmer i think!!

just beenm up to Target and got some toys on sale, got a few for Nixon (for xmas) and nephew/neice xmas & bday presents. Main thing i wanted was the porta cot on sale but they sold out, there are some at another Target but didnt have time to go there aswell as, hopefully i can get there tomorrow and there is still some....

One of our friends that came to the snow is an osteopath (simialr to chiro/physio) so he did a bit of work on nixon and is gonna come around once a week, to try and help the reflux. he has better days then others, the last few days he has been pretty bad (went through 6 bibs and 2 outfits in one feed) but possibly cause my friend worked on him and moved things around he said he might be worse before being better (great!!)
    hope everyone is well.

oops posted ahead of myself then.
    Happy Bday Tanya!! hope you had a wonderful day..love your avator too!
    Dee- glad you had a chance to come back on here, dont beat yourself up, everyone kept saying to me "it will get easier" Honestly i was getting sick of hearing it, but it is true. Nixon is really a lot easier to handle now then the first few weeks we got him home.
    Jess- Glad to hear Pat is home, hope the cops go on their merry way and let u get back to normal
    CeeCee- i think you need to email one of the mods to update your avator

Tried to post last night but had to stop to tend to Wade who called out once then vomitted all over his bed... luckily this happened only 5 minutes after Niall had gone to sleep... he'd been awake for 5 hours straight!!!! And the last 1/2 hour he was very unsettled so we could have had two very unhappy crying boys to deal with. Lucky it seems the vomit was just a one-off event... earlier in the evening he told us he had a "sore tummy in there" (pointing into mouth)... we had a look and saw that all four of his 2yo molars are breaking through at the same time!!! Poor little guy!!! And there was me complaining about his ratty behaviour recently! I feel so bad... he must have been suffering but only worked out how to tell us last night... I gave him Nurofen which he vomitted up but after I changed his sheets he went straight back to sleep. And Niall slept well last night... vaguely recall giving him a 3am feed after bringing him into bed with me. Most importantly DH said he had a great night's sleep (not woken at all) because he was getting really grumpy... he just doesn't deal with broken sleep very well poor dear.

Went to the MCHN this morning. Niall has gained another 360gms over 2 weeks so that's good. She is mildly concerned about the hollow that forms on his chest as he breathes but says it could just be that his sternum is slightly shorter than average... nothing to worry about because his breathing/ colour/ weight gain etc is good. I'll mention it to the GP when I have my 6 week checkup this Thursday. Thought i was going to have a period today as I experienced mild crampiness last night... but no sign and cramping gone. Last time my period returned fairly early despite breastfeeding exclusively so I expect it's not too far away. I also recall it being slightly heavier than usual too.

Slings: Niall is always happy to be carried in my Pixi Sling but he kinda squashes down into it too much to wear for too long. Kelly (Zantey, Birth support woman) offered to lend me her HAB when she came over for the birth debrief last week... so I'll give you a review of it when i get it. I have also only ever heard good things about it

happy belated birthday tulip! I meant to ask how your day went last night... hope your DH spoiled you... you sooo deserve it!

Hmmm, shoulders aching, and time to hang out washing (but wear's the sun gone )
    Shame about the lack of snow Nic.... but what a brilliant "fringe benefit" to get from work! I would love to get away on a short holiday... hint: it's easier to travel whilst your babies are this age and sleep really well in the car etc. not so easier as they get older and more needy in terms of attention. We've done "big" trips away with our previous 2 children when they were about this age and both times it went very smoothly despite involving long car trips.

Oh this boy is wearing me down today, he just won't settle and if he does sleep it is for 10 mins at a time! The good thing is tho for the past few nights we are getting around a 6 hour stint from approx 8pm to 2am - what a good boy!! I can hear him now thru the monitor, he has the hiccups - only a matter of time before he cries out for me.

Ceecee I bled for around 4 straight weeks and then the 5th week was just light spotting, it was the same first time around as well.

Jess hope things work out for you.

What did I say, there he goes crying again...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Jess - OMG, you have had an unfair time - poor Patrick - I bet he grows to be the strongest kid given his rough start. I'm so glad he is home - I was thinking of him all last night.

Was up all night with Baby girl, ahhh... so tired, she is now finally alseep so going to sleep myslef - luckily I'm still in my PJ.

thanks for answering my questions, much appreciated

hope all else is well...
    luv
    CC

PS Alexandra has her ultrasound on her kidney on the 28th of July... I really think it is going to be OK.. I really hope so

CeeCee- Patrick is 8 weeks old now and I stopped bleeding around week 6.

Well, I went out house hunting again today, yeah I know I'm supposed to be putting a flat up in my aunts backyard! Went to the main real estate in town and they have on the blackboard out the front 3 bedroom house for rent $145 per week!So, I go in and ask if there were any houses for rent and they said no!Apparently , that one went on Friday!!!!
    Went to another real estate agent and they haven't had any for months!

On another note, took Pat to be weighed today( as per DHS's orders) and Pat is now up to 3.34kg, which is weird because he was only 3.1kg on Thursday and he has never put on that much weight!

Jack is supposed to be going on camp on Wednesday but last Saturday when he went to the Collingwood match with my aunt and his brother, he decided to wander off away from my aunt a couple of times and then started talking to strangers. I don't feel like sending him to camp just for them to say we are sorry but he wandered off. Now I know I sound neurotic but even if we ar ewalking into town he wanders off, something just has to catch his eye and he will go and check it out! Yeah, there will be teachers there but only two teachers for 20 students, Jack needs constant supervision! Now I'm rambling so I'll leave it here!

littlerigger Guest

Ryan has a doctors appointment tonight at 6:50. His eye has gotten worse today and He's just not himself. Clingy and lethargic. He's only been awake for 20 minutes this morning while I showered and then only for his feeds going straight back to sleep after

Gabysmum- I hear ya on unsettled babies. Tori is having a similr sort of day, and was the same yesterday. Every time she falls alseep I put her down and as soon as she is in her bassinet her eyes open again- so frustrating.
    I have ordered the book No Cry Sleep Solutions from the library, I will see if that has any tips in it, to try andget her to sleep longer during the day.
    She maybe going through a growing spurt because she has been feeding more than usual the last couple of days, and I seem to be making more milk.....who knows. I have a MCHN appointment tomorrow, maybe she can shed a bit more light!

littlerigger Guest

ali - everyone says that pinky mackays book is great. some of the tips are on the main page if you haven't found them already?

just added a couple of pics on the website if u wanna see.
    ive got nixon in a yellow bonds jumpsuit today, he looks like a different baby! haven't put him in yellow b4!
    let us know how you get on @ the docs Candy. i hope poor Ryan get get back to his bubbly self soon.
    gabbysmum- sorry to hear Alex is so unsettled in the day, atleast your getting a good sleep @ night with him is one thing. have u tried putting him in diff places say on floor/rocker/pram or anything in the day? i find Nixon is most settled during the day when we r out, its at home when he seems to b more restless. im sure its the constant moving/motions in the pram/carrier/car.
    Poor Wade.... hope his teeth can cut through soon so he can feel himself again

Happy Bday Tanya ! ! !
    Im sure your doing a great job alone with Lucas .. no one could have prepared us for how hard it is with a new baby...im still getting over the shock !

Nickers Nixon is such a cutie.. seems like a really happy baby - makes me so impatient for Aneta to start smiling and giggling

@*&#*%# ! i JUST managed to settle Aneta and DH comes home from the shops and rings the doorbell ( I told him the door will be left open ).... somebody give me the strength to not get hormonal again... gotta run!

Hi ladies!!

I can't be online long as Aleise is in her baby rocker and amusing herself with 10 news atm.

Bleeding: I had a c/s but had bleeding for 4 weeks and the 5th was light spotting too. I didn't bleed much at all though. I read that you can have up to 6 weeks of bleeding even after a natural birth. If you have too many clots or any that are larger than 50c then ring your doc!

Jess: Great to hear Patrick is home now. Good luck with house hunting and hope all goes well for you - Lord knows you need some luck darls!

Candy: Thanks for your "knitting vibes" I've started a beanie now. Poncho is finished just gotta stitch up the 2nd side although I think it may be too small! :eek:
    Didn't you post a message that Ryan was sick? Hope he picks up soon if that is the case.

Bath: Thanks for your "welcome back" seems I have lots on atm so its a real achievement when I get online these days.

Tanya: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I missed it.

Well I'd better go feed the furbaby, have a shower and get dinner started before Matt comes home at 7.30.

Take care all and will pop in here soon!

Well somehow I managed to get all 3 of us down for a nap - yippee! Even tho it meant that for an hour and a half Alex was asleep in the crook of my arm on the bed and now it feels dead, at least we all slept!

Nickers, yeah Alex likes the pram too and the car most of the times. He's not too keen on his bouncer tho and has only just started to laugh and enjoy his play mobiles. His smiles are the sweetest things! Just gotta try and get those grins on camera now.

Sympathise totally Enigma, it is soooo frustrating when you ahve just settled them and someone makes an unexpected noise to wake them. It is also very frustrating when DH's just don't listen! Alex is fine with constant noise, it is the unexpected that unnerves him.

DH is off to Perth tomorrow for work for a few days and I am not looking forward to that at all. I know I will be fine but I just really look forward to him walking in the door at the end of the day and giving me a bit of a break, and also for the adult contact factor too. Its going to be happening every month till Nov so I suppose I will have to get used to it.

Happy Birthday Tanya! It is amazing how much you get to rely on your partner when they are there. Am sure that after a few days you will be an old hand at it, once you have worked out your own way of doing things etc.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast