Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #4

Default Babies Born in June 2006 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Emishka
    State: ACT
    DOB: 1.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3620g ( around 8lb I think), Length - 48cm, Head - 34cm

Babyname: Caitlyn May
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Trying to get this feeding thing right....
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name: Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname:
    Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State: ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname:
    Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Name: enigma
    DOB: 13.06.2006
    Stats: Weight 3220 grams Length - 50cm, Head Circ.- 36cm
    Babyname: Aneta Klaudia

Notes: Has my double chin and chubby cheeks

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well
    __________________________________________________ ____

Name: Ali25
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely
    __________________________________________________ __________

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Astrolady; July 23rd, 2006 at 09:51 AM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

I believe, that by virtue of having an insane inclination to stay awake after Oscar's night feed (yay! tonight was MUCH more settled and we're back to the 4ish feed!) and make DP's sandwiches for work, I am the first post on the new thread...
    I'd rather be asleep and be the last to post, though!
    MUCH better night was had, even though I got to bed a lot later than I had hoped for. I'm going to have to train DP better. Instead of interesting himself in getting himself ready for bed, he is going to need to help me out with Oscar after a nappy change so that I can get into my pj's and organise the bedside table (Lansinoh, bottle of water, chuck blanky and 'drip' towel - for when I squirt into Oscar's face mid-feed!), then he can do as he pleases while I feed and change again so that we can, get this for a novelty concept...go to bed at the same time...
    Feeding is still ouchy, but much better since last night - he's getting more and more familiar with getting his tongue down and further out.
    OK, back to sandwiches (now that these golden syrup soaked crumpets are down the hatch...).
    Good morning all!

littlerigger Guest

IK - glad you had a better night hon!

In this house Ryan slept from 8 til 5:50!!!! But... that means that he now wants to stay up & play instead of giving mummy a little teeny weeny bit more sleep

littlerigger Guest

Why does Matt have to drink a top shelf spirit?? Means we never save money when Woolies have the 2 for $50 sales!!!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi girls,
    sorry I have not been around, I've been trying to breastfeed. Which takes 80% of my waking hours right now... IK my bedside table sounds like yours, except I don't squirt milk, my supply is a tad low, so she can feed for hours as only drips come out... so each feed takes at least 2 hours, an hour on each side... then an hour later she needs more... ho hum....hopefully things will get better soon.

take care everyone - hope your doing well, hope to join in on a regualar bases soon..

littlerigger Guest

Cee_Cee - good on you for keeping at it!!! Did you find an LC???

CeeCee glad to see you still around, hopefully your supply will increase with all the feeding your doing.

Jess thanks for the pics, only looked at my emails late last nite.

Nic DH and I haven't even tried DTD yet, we have tried twice but have been interupted both times, the joy of kids hehe.

IK glad to hear that Oscar is starting to get the hang of feeding a bit better, hopefully he will not be hurting you in a few days. DS3 head butted me this morning and now I have a fat bottom lip with a huge blood blister, not a good look I must say.

As for me the spotting has stopped so I really don't know what that was all about. DS1 is sick again, got a drs appointment at 1pm today so hopefully will find out what is wrong.

hugs xoxo

OMG it's good afternoon! Where has the day gone? Am still in my jammies... however I've done loads of washing, folding, putting away, vacuuming, nappy changing and feeding! Just had a big chunk of my chocolate birthday cake. Have also expressed another bottle for freezing... I'm finding that the process of expressing has really made my supply ample, I think I'm making much more than with my previous 2... hope it doesn't start to diminish after I return the electric pump and go manual... guess I could just rehire it. I'm starting to experience the phenomenom of thinking that I'm not very full because my breasts are soft then all of a sudden they tingle and fill up fast! This is happening in the bath when DH brings Niall in for me to hold and wash. He starts snuffling around, sucking water off my chest etc and looking so cute with that particular look of desperation he gets and then *tingle* here it comes! I swear some times I can see my breasts growing as they fill up... by the time I get out of the bath I'm almost 'engorged' and need to pump off some foremilk so that Niall can attach more easily.

I forgot to say "Welcome!" Lisa great to have you on board... looking forward to hearing your story.

Candy: I definately agree with the others who suggest you at least go along to one or two Mother's groups... they are definately all different (like the different threads in here ie July Buddies was quite different to our Junies). I've been to several and some are definately more supportive and friendly than others so it's hard to tell until you try one.... and if that one's no good try another! When you find a good one it's fantastic!Same as PlayGroups... my current one is just sooo good... quite different to the ones I went to with my daughter... I found this one because i got chatting to another mum in a local cafe... she told me about it and said she was on her way to one and asked me if I wanted to join her... so I did! Pays to get chatting to other mums in your area and establish good networks because being a SAHM can be incredibly isolating.... also unless you have lots of family with young children around you it becomes increasingly important that your child mixes with other children... I'm starting to find that Wade would benefit from more contact with other children his age even though he attends regular playgroup... learning to interact and get along with other children starts from babyhood (observation of behaviour) and is really important. But it's a subtle trick of getting the ammount of time with other children just right... too much can be just as bad as not enough.... but I'm getting way ahead of things now!

Nappy folding therapy: yes it did surprise me IK LOL especially as I was much younger (24/25) and had been used to a highly unstructured self indulgent lifestyle of inner city sharehousing. For me the whole process of folding flat nappies kinda gave me a feeling of connectedness to a tradition of nuturing that I'd never known before... finding myself unexpectedly a mother and kinda lost in the role I think I enjoyed the idea that i was doing something that millions of women had done before me and that it was something I could master quickly and get a sense of achievement from. Plus I've always enjoyed the use and feel of fabric (have worked in a fabric shop etc) and also enjoyed using my hands... i especially enjoy doing the "newborn fold" ... am not so keen on the older baby "kite fold". And now I need to join you in the nappy thread before i get too carried away!

Uh oh... Wade awake early... gotta go deal.

I've been dashing around today trying to pack/clean/shop . I sent you girls an email of some pics, i couldnt resist! i went ot the shops to send a gift to my g/f for the birth of her baby and ended up in Pumkin patch buying a snow jacket! oh and some pants/boots/overall. I know Nixon didnt really need them for the snow but Snow is such an important part of our lives i wanted our first experience with Nixon to be special with his own outfit! they were on special so didnt feel so bad.

ceecee- have u seen a LC? maybe u could talk to her about diff ways to increase your supply. cause 2hrs for a feed must just be draining you physically and mentally. There are some tablets you can take, Racs had to take some for a while i think maybe you could ask her what she found to work?

Mum & dad are on their way down, they are going to be so chuffed when they see how much more responsive Nixon is just from a couple of weeks ago!

littlerigger Guest

well my sister gets induced tomorrow night. she's 2 weeks OD so she'll be happy to finally have it over. and that means 1st weekend in august we'll finally go up there & they'll get to see ryan for the first time.

Nic - Nixon is just the cutest little eskimo!! can't wait for pics IN the snow!!

mothers group - ok heres the challenge, finding a mothers group in nth canberra near me.

Nic he looks so cute in those outfits and he has the most beautiful smile too.

hugs xoxo

Candy- Oh good luck to your sister how exciting! does she know what she is having? Good for you two to have them cloes together! hope it all goes well she must be more then ready for this bubba!
    Thanks Amanda!
    Bath- How is Wade taking to Niall? No Jelousy or anything? Is he being a gentle big brother! I suppose Verity would really help you to teach him to be gentle wouldnt she.
    hope everyone has a great weekend if i dont get a chance to post again. I will catch up with you all Monday or Tuesday when i get a chance

Nic: Wade has his moments... I have to admit his behaviour has become even more challenging lately. He doesn't seem competitive for my attention but when he gets upset I wouldn't leave him unattended in the same room as Niall... I turned my back once and saw him raise a hand to a sleeping Niall... very stressful for me. Wade is still very exhausting of a day... he'll be in the fridge, then up on the table, then pushing furniture, then bashing windows with a door stopper all within 5 minutes! I just can't sit down when he's awake... and all this is normal... just soooo hard to deal with. Verity helps to keep him occupied which is fantastic... Wade will calm down and focus well if you can engage him in an activity (he likes to draw for example)... this is how he was before Niall was born, it's just the age, bloody hard work!!!

Well only just home from the hospital because I wanted some answers on how my little man was. Paed wouldn't come in while we were there because he doesn't like us, so the Paed Doctor explained that he will be hopefully coming home in the morning depending on how he is tonight!Otherwise, he is off the oxygen and they have dropped his feeds to 30ml every 2-3 hrs, don't ask me why they dropped him from 50ml every 2-3 hrs to 30 cause I have no friggen idea!

Amanda3 - thanks for the welcome, I am enjoying my little girl very much, I hope I can keep up with all the posts!

Nickers - Kayla's due date was originally 1st July, then it changed to 29th June, so she was only a few days early.

IK - She tends to be a little unsettled all around the clock, some days better than others. Sometime I can put her in her cot wide awake and she will just go to sleep, other times she can be sleepy and just keeps waking up and need settling. I am just trying different things at the moment, and rocking her cot seems to be working for now. As for her birth, she came into the world in a big hurry. I had a show at 7am, contractions really kicked in at 11am, went to the hospital at 12pm, pronounced fully dialated at 1.30pm, started pushing at 2.30pm and she was born at 4.53pm! It all went very quickly and smoothly!

Bathsheba - thanks for the welcome!

I feel terrible, I was so self-absorbed yesterday! Happy Belated Birthday, Bathsheba! I'm glad you had a nice day
    Wow, Lisa, that WAS quick! Well, maybe not the pushing part, but from go to wo it was fast from the sounds of it.
    Bath, I don't get 'tingly' boobs, I get positively shooting pains when this little ravenous monster starts making noises in his sleep, or when I think to myself "I wonder if he'll wake up soon for a feed"...Ay!
    Nickers - what a cute outfit!
    Candy - who knows, you might even find someone in your mothers group who has the same trepidation as you! There's a mummy in my ABA group who loves the fortnightly meetings because it gets her in adult company - she's a SAHM to a toddler and a 3 month old, in a smaller hills town where she has no family or many friends cos they haven't been there long.
    Anyway, boobs are shooting me again...Oscar's making noises!

Quote Originally Posted by bellasmum
    Otherwise, he is off the oxygen and they have dropped his feeds to 30ml every 2-3 hrs, don't ask me why they dropped him from 50ml every 2-3 hrs to 30 cause I have no friggen idea!
    More than likely they don't want him to breath too hard and when they have a full tummy it makes it harder work and can cause their breathing to become too irratic.. Because they have him off the oxygen they probably want to see how he goes with little amounts of food and then they will increase it before he goes home.. Don't worry they did the same with Ronan in the first few days of coming off the oxygen.. *hugs*

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast