Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #8

Bath I took Alex myself down to emergency, he stopped breathing for around 30 secs and after a good whack on the back from me started to cry again...have never been so glad to hear him cry before!

IK I personally would just keep the bag. Speaking from experience after a while your nappy change bag will start to get worn/grubby etc especially if you take it everywhere so you will be glad to have another one to use.

Ali sounds like you had a lovely weekend,a picnic in the park soaking up the sunshine sounds glorious!

Jess hope things improve for you soon.

Rory good to have you back online!

ANyway Alex is crying, again so better go attend to him.

IK: I've been through about 4 nappy bags so it might pay to keep it. My first one was stolen at a shopping centre, lucky my purse wasn't in it but a brand new pair of shoes and some Mrs Field's biscuits that I'd just bought were! grrrr... The second one was poor quality and the fasteners didn't last very long so I ditched it... The third one was going to be too small once Niall arrived (small Kaboochi back pack style) and my 4th (Large Kaboochi Satchel style) is the best one I've ever had. I'm going to keep the third one for when we go on holidays etc always handy to have. So my advice would be to keep it. I've actually got things permanently in my third one (mainly sample size creams, change of clothes etc) plus a few pull-ups for Wade Just incase I need it in a hurry.

Rory: Checked out Flynn's site Good work! Who does he look like? Mum or Dad? Looking forward to seeing him grow!

Got to get ready for parent/teacher interview.... also I've been thinking a lot today about needing to calm down and chill-out during the afternoons with the kids... so today I'm going to really try hard not to raise my voice, for any reason other than a life-threatening situation! here goes...

ETA: Yep, Gabysmum's right, nappy bags do get shabby after a surprisingly short period... possibly because we are so often in a hurry when using them the wear and tear is greater?

Thanks, Gabysmum - it was a thought I had to keep it, but this bag is actually a really good bag and very compartmentalised, so it's not even close to grubby yet (and use it just about every day to go everywhere, including to see my horse!). Do you know the GR8X deluxe baby traveller bag? Well, that's it...and now I have two! I was actually thinking that I could call my aunt and ask her if she wants me to keep it for my sister and she can get me something else. Then, I can return the one I have here in black (for my sister), cos it was going to be from my mum, but my mum's already getting her heaps of things and was only getting her the bag cos she knew how great I found the bag. I think I'll just call her.
    Meanwhile, I've revisited my old Jewel songs and decided that they are great to sing to Oscar and flex my voice quite nicely. I love to sing and I love to sing to Oscar even more! I'm getting some "to sing to Oscar" playlists happening on my iTunes, so I can sing at home and in the car

Just missed your post, Bath - 2 same opinions in 5 minutes...I might be starting to be swayed... I suppose it's not like he'll grow out of it and that will be that; we could actually need a replacement in a year's time...I never thought of that...I just can't see the bag getting worn, though, it's such a great quality bag. Hmmm, I might sit on it for a while. Meanwhile, I need to thank my aunt for it...

Just checked out your nappy bag at their website IK... ooooh very nice! Does it attach to your pram easily? Love to see it IRL... when we do that Junies Meet up... you know where my eyes will be looking! LOL

Yep, Bath, it attaches to the pram in two ways - either lengthen the shoulder strap to fit over the handle, or I rest it on the footrest and there are two clips on either side of the pram frame that clip onto the hooks that are on either side of the shoulder straps on the bag itself (I have a picture of the pram with the bag on the front on the yahoo photos page with DP pushing it). So, you see how I think my own bag will go the distance? They come with a 2 year warranty! I could save it for my next baby, but then my aunt won't have got something for me and Oscar to use. But like you say, you never know when a spare can become the main bag! Don't worry, I'll just whip the bag out and show you so you don't have to spy on it, when we do meet up (wait for Nickers to come back online to continue organising it)! People often think it's just a backpack and say how nice it is...until I have to do a nappy change and they realise that it's an all in one affair! Honestly, between the Hug A Bub and this bag I've got shopping trips all wrapped up (and not to forget my Shop'n'Go cart! I noticed the Aldi version didn't last too long in my local store from the last catalogue).
    Now, Fathers Day. I was going to treat DP to a day at the Peninsula Hot Springs as a family, but he thinks that it's more of a present for me and didn't want to do it. Fair enough, it's sort of a two birds with one stone present! I think I'll choose a nice photo, enlarge it and find a nice frame for it. The thing is...he's got a CFA course on that day! The organisers obviously weren't thinking clearly when they chose the date, cos there'll be a lot of dads on the course. Anyway, the other thing is that not only is it DP's first Fathers Day as a dad, it's also his first one without his dad. So I dont' want to make too big a deal of it and it's kind of ok that he's got the course on so we can't dedicate a whole day to his first fatherless Fathers Day. Might get him some t-shirts too

Howdy Strangers!!

sorry i have been MIA for a while DH decided to get rid of our business ph number as we wernt really using it, but it doing so lost the internet connection. It took a week for them to get us back online and then today we had to have an electrician come out to connect the connection in this room through our home phone....
    So anyway good to be back! I have a lot of catching up to do (about 10pages i think) so i dont know whats been going on but hoping everyone is well.

Nixon is great. His reflux is still up and down, but overall he is a pretty happy baby. He has really found his voice now and is such a chatter when he is awake! He giggles/moans/coos at anything and everything and as of today really started responding to the dogs! (up until now he just starred at them wondering what they were!) He is holding himself up really well and on his belly (although he always does big spew puddles when he goes on his tummy). He hasn't rolled yet, im trying to give him a helping hand by starting him on his side. he hasnt quiet got the gist of it yet! Now when he wakes up in the morning instead of crying right away he starts chatting to things he can see in his room! Its so much more pleaant to be able to play with him a bit when changing his nappy rather then trying to be quick because he is crying!

alright i have a heap of catching up to do so just wanted to say hi and im back on line again. prob wont get much time to come on tomorrow I am having all the mothers group mums and bubs over as our last session @ health centre was last week!

speak to you all soon

Hey Nickers! Good to hear from you. I'm so glad Nixon is doing well - your post about tummy time has reminded me I have to get Flynn more interested in it.

IK, I am with Gabysmum and Bath - keep the nappy bag cause you will need a new one in no time - mine is already looking shabby and it was so nice and clean when mum bought it for me

Bath, Flynn actually looks heaps like me, and since I look like my dad, so does Flynn! It is so nice for me - my dad died when I was nine so its like having a little reincarnation around. I do kinda feel for DH though - not only has his son got my surname but he looks more like my side fo the family! DH doesn't mind though. (As an aside, I caugh up with Divvy the other day - I didn't know you guys knew eachother!!)

Jo, I know you guys would have probably been through this already but I love the name Freya - it was one of my "top ten" for a girl.

Better go - two posts in one day is enough for this little black duck

well ive been sitting on here reading everyones posts and think i have just about caught up! (still to check out everyones www's will have to do that another time)

Amanda- How is Cody's lump? has it gone? what was it?
    Kel- I have been meaning to ask u this for a while. Seings DH quiet often goes away for work, how do u feed Charlee & Jack? do u bf them at the same time? If so how do u take them off, burp etc?? I have just been thinking about how good u must be at bf juggling 2 when no one else is around to help!
    Bath- Congrats on the birth of your neice! whats her name? have u seen her now?
    Racs- If i remember correctly i think we titled you the "personals queen" a while back! u did an excellent job im keeping up with everyone and seems like nothings changed!
    Candy- Are you there? Hope you are ok. Are you seeing anyone for PND?
    Dee- So sorry to hear the problems u have been having. DH and i have been arguing alot. he thinks i just nag him all the time, i cant help it. most of the time its just stupid things but they really get to me when ive asked nicely a zillion times to turn lights off when u leave a room, or if the bin is full just empty it! i think what the other Dee said sounds so true about them not being the baby anymore! My mum said my dad was like that when all 3 of us kids were born. I think my dh had a mild case of it for a while too.
    Jess- hope you are coping ok without dh and your aunt is helping you out
    Rory- its great to see you back online!!
    Enigma- you wanna give me some of your weight loss secrets to me. i dunno whats wrong with me, i know i need to loose the weight, i want to loose the weight but i keep eating well snaking on things when im out. Last week i had lunch out 4 days out of 5! I was very social and had dates with diff ppl, not that i ate maccas each day or anything but i certainly ate more then what i would if i was at home.
    I have a wedding to go to in 7 weeks and i need to fit into some clothes because im not buying anything. the wedding will already be costing us a fair bit cause we need accom/babysitter so im not forking out on money for a dress thats not my usual size and i wont wear again....grrr i tried a pair of pre pg jeans on thismorning and hard to get over my butt, when i did they went no where near doing up....

ok dh is frustrated i have been on the pc for so long and i need to put Nixon to bed...
    Night everyone

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Ali - thanks for the advise, your right, from the ABA information I think it will work itself out - tad stressful thinking your her only food supply sometimes!. Tori is very expressive isn't she - what a cutie..

IK - I have the opposite problem my MIL bought me a nappy bag that I hate, it is very ugly and so not my style (I'm a bit of a tom boy and it is pink with flowers and made of immitation straw!)...DH does not want to take it (for obvious reasons) so I always have to carry it. I feel like such a dag using it that I now just shove everything into my own large handbag.

Rory - good for your for doing your site, Flynn is adorable. can you do mine - he hee - I'm so lazy...

Hi Nickers - I know what you mean about eating too much... What is it about motherhood that makes you eat more and more often? Do you think it is because we are tired and think we need food to 'wake us up' a bit, give us the extra energy we need to get through the night? Or is it that we are enjoying the 'time out' that food provides so we eat more of it?

Ummm, I was thinking in the shower (looking at my belly) that I need to start to do something... Alex has decided that she no longer likes the pram so walks are out - the last two times I've tried to take her out she has screamed so much that I had to take her home (this guy actually had the nerve to comment " what a grumble bum" to me as he past me in the street)..and she hates her baby bjorn even more (will not even stay in it for 2 minutes, which I'm not happy about as it cost $140). Hopefully it is just a phase? She is 7 weeks so apparently most babies have an unexplained grumble period from 6-8 weeks (according to "Baby Love")..exercising at home is so boring.. Oh well, think I will go have a cup of tea and peice of fruit cake and think about it...

take care everyone...

Hi Everyone,

Nic, I do BF the babies together. I sit in a recliner and have each baby with their heads to the middle, legs out the side (rugby hold??) I feed until they are done then I just sit each baby up and burp then they both just lie around playing while the other is done. Its not hard at all, sometimes things do get tricky but most of the time is smooth sailing. I just dropped Rowen back to Bunbury to catch his lift to Perth to fly out. I'm going to have to get stuck into this house. he makes more mess than all three kids!!!

Love to everyone will try to do more personals later

Love Kel

Cee Cee - I know you spent a bit on the baby bjorn, but could you borrow or buy a soft cloth sling? Alex might prefer a softer, closer hold and you could walk then. Oscar rarely goes in the pram cos i use the HAB mostly, and i did spend a whole walk around the local reserve pushing an empty pram wearing the boy!
    Spoke to my aunt and we've worked it out. the bag goes to my sister and i'll pick out something else that i can use sooner and be able to say "that came from my aunty for my boy". had it been any other type of bag i would keep it, but it's like having a spare audi in case the other audi breaks down...it's not likely to. its the same aunt who knitted my shawl that oscar wore on his first day - i have photos on yahoo of it - so i want something lasting or very useful to mark her thoughts of oscar and me. she's my favourite aunt, or it wouldn't mean so much! i'm thinking of a sheepskin for the carseat that can also go in the pram, or just lay out on the floor. there's one on the mothers direct site that i may suggest. i'll talk to dp about it more.
    nice day in melb today! all washing has been done,so i can just go out and enjoy it. was thinking of going to a shopping centre but now i cant think why i NEEDED to go, so it obviously wasnt important enough and i'll have an outside day instead!

littlerigger Guest

very quick one. I'm getting there very slowly.

ryan rolled from his tummy to his back fore the first time yesterday and is this >< close to going the other way

hope you're all well ad thanks for the thoughts!

Woohoo Ryan, how exciting that is rolling over.

Well it is a BEAUTIFUL day in Perth today, the sun is shining and it is lovely and warm outside. i have all the doors and windows open to get as much fresh air through the house as possible. The warm weather has inspired me to get into a bit of spring cleaning ( I am only a couple of day early).

Anyway I am off to cooked some fried rice for dinner tonight, and then I might sit down for a few minutes before Tori wakes up.

whoo hoo Ryan!! Thats great candy. I've just been sitting here with Nixon trying to get him rolling, i even turn him on his side but he hasnt got the concept of it yet!
    I just had mums and babies over from mothers group it was nice. 2 rang to say they couldnt make it and 1 didnt show up but there were still 6 of us. We are rotating around everyones house from now.

Ive finally checked everyone's websites (those who have them) and everyones bubs are looking so happy!
    Kel- you make it sound so easy bf the twins!
    DH has the week off and we have just booked a place down Sorento for Thurs night, so only going thurs coming home fri but will be our first "family" trip away, really looking forward to it!

Nickers, time away! Am so jealous - I can't wait to get out of the house for a trip!

Ali, I have to get into the spring cleaning too - it is just a little uninspiring ATM cause DH is still painting and almost done with the renos. Ah well, a few more weeks....

Littlerigger that is great news - I just got my first bout of mummy/baby envy cause Flynn isn't even near rolling yet Keep us posted on progress!

IK, isn't it just beautiful in Melbourne ATM - apparently it is going to be nice for the next few days. Will you be getting out on your horse?

Kel, you sound like you are doing so well - I don't how you manage!!

CeeCee, have you tried Alex in the pram at different times of the day? Like I said a few posts ago, Flynn is not keen on the babybjorn but I think it was because I always tried him in it when he was tired - am going to try tomorrow when he is in a good mood. Maybe it is the same with Alex and her pram - maybe try her at all different times of the day. With the baby bjorn too, I reckon that Flynn went through a stage when he was too big to be comfortable flopping into my chest in foetal position but equally not yet old enough to comfortable hold his head up, so it just frustrated him. Also, once I held him in it with a v-neck t-shirt on and he associated the bare skin near his face as "booby-time" and so started looking for food and got cranky when there was none.

Flynn had his first shots today and he did really well. He was actually smiling this arvo before his nap and has been happy all arvo. Here's hoping he keeps it up and doesn't have a delayed reaction.

Gotta go and cook dinner - DH is starting to rummage in the pantry for food.

ciao bellas

Rory- can u pm me your email address? is it different cause i think the one i had for u bounced a few emails back? where abouts in Melb are u? we were gonna try organise a Junie melb meet up some time during a week day (slack me hasnt done anything more about it)

Nickers - it's not just up to you! After you went off air for a bit I almost forgot we were planning a catch up until Bath mentioned it yesterday. I'm easy most days except every second Wednesday (ABA meetings) and next Tuesday I'm getting waxed (not going to spend double on the same job at Daylesford, esp when I'm supposed to be relaxing, not bracing for a wax strip!), but other than that I'm pretty free.
    Rory - fabulous day! Yep, supposed to be better tomorrow. I didn't ride today, but Oscar helped my lunge Dante and poor Dante struggled to break into trot but even more so to do more than two canter strides! Oh, well, he'd better get used to it cos I want to get to this comp in November. The wither rub is a nothing now and I could put a saddle on him if he weren't in such a need of a bit of conditioning via the lunge rein. Next week I'll probably hop on.
    Gotta cook dinner - bit late, but better than never!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast