Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #8

Default Babies Born in June 2006 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Emishka
    State: ACT
    DOB: 1.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3620g ( around 8lb I think), Length - 48cm, Head - 34cm

Babyname: Caitlyn May
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Trying to get this feeding thing right....

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname:
    Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: enigma
    DOB: 13.06.2006
    Stats: Weight 3220 grams Length - 50cm, Head Circ.- 36cm
    Babyname: Aneta Klaudia

Notes: Has my double chin and chubby cheeks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Astrolady; September 3rd, 2006 at 09:59 AM.

Your old thread is HERE

Am I the first? About to add some piccys taken of Niall today... probably ready in about 15 mins...

WooHoo Rory!!!!!

More personals later.

what a cold day! spent the afternoon in gembrook at the market where oscar slept in the hug a bub the whole time. saw puffing billy pullin and then out again, met one of our midwives who has an 8 week old baby. nice, slow day!

I know, not nice outside at all. Would have been better if it rained then at least the garden would benefit. Been kinda chaotic here today... I bought a recharger yesterday so finally able to use my digital camera again and took some nice photos but do you think I got much of a chance to load them on Niall's site? No way... between needing to feed niall and stopping Wade from trashing the joint it's been a most frustrating day... made worse knowing that DH is enjoying himself at a mate's place remixing their music and DD has been ten pin bowling and playing at a friends... today has been no different to any other old day of the week ie stuck home with the boys.... couldn't go out 'cos Wade's still got teething issues (cold symptoms and cranky).

And now he's running around the house nude (meant to be in the bath!) grrrrrrr

ETA: managed to get at least 4 piccys of Niall that were taken today on his website.

Hello all its been a while. Apologies for being mia for so long, we have had a hectic couple of weeks.

Essentially both kids were sick with very bad coughs and colds and ended up in emergency with Alex cause he had stopped breathing (albeit very very briefly) a couple of times when coughing and was going blue. Very scary stuff but thank goodness nothing is wrong - apparently it is not uncommon for babies to stop breathing when coughing although they did say he shouldnt be stopping long enough to go blue.

We are off to Perth tomorrow on an unexpected quick trip. DH has to go down for work and we are hitching along for the ride as my sil is due this week and my mil just had a major op so good idea to go down for a visit. We will be back down in Perth again end of sept for a few weeks and are planning Alex's christening for that time.

Jsut bought myself this you beaut leather recliner which I absolutely love - we are all constantly jostling for position on it! My rocker was starting to get a bit "worn" and a couple of the support beamy things had broken so it was time for a new one. Been spending a bit of money lately which is nice for a change, just got a new 2nd fridge too - a bit extravagent but with the heat up here you need it just for all your drinks!!

Alex has been a bit unsettled lately, he is not consistent. Been fantastic today though, of course when daddy is home!

I hear everybody on those jelly bellys! Tried on a whole heap of my clothes yesterday and was mortified. I thought I had been losing weight, obviously not! Am finding it hard to get out and excercize with both kids and no support/babysitting so am debating buying an excercise bike.

Anyway gotta go kiss my boy! Poor boy, I reckon he gets a couple of hundred kisses a day from me!

Oooh Gabysmum! Blue! What did you do? Call an ambulance or rush him to the hospital yourselves? Sick kids are so nerve racking! It's one of those things that doesn't necessarily get easier with more/older children... infact it gets worse because you learn more and more complications and things that can go wrong... like recently I had to give Wade Nurophen in the middle of the night and recently i learnt that it's really bad to take on an empty stomach but I knew no-way he was going to eat anything... still, I'm sure it's only really bad if it's done repeatedly. On a better note: yay! buying a new rocker! Sounds divine... I don't know how I managed without one with my DD. Regarding exercise: I weeded the garden the other day for a few hours on and off and the following day I was so sore! My butt and hamstring muscles especially! Felt like I'd done a workout! I guess it has been a long time since I've done that kinda thing especially during late pregnancy.... I love gardening: good for so many reasons

Ok... boys asleep... going to do a bit of reading before Niall's next feed...

Hi again!

Well here I was thinking I'd score tonight and Matt is watching a DVD (on Mum's since ours is cactus). Hah.. contraception??? Don't need it in my house 'cause my hubby's a tv/dvd addict! Was a miracle I got pregnant in the first place!

Bath: Lol at your weeding workout - from memory of your pics I think you're on the thin side and don't have to worry much.

Gabysmum: You musta been beside yourself about Alex. So glad he's okay!

Ceecee: Yeah I'm heading off to the gym tomorrow. I am lighter now than when I first fell preg (was heavy then due to medications) but I still need to lose about 10kg and of course that dreaded jelly belly! I'm lucky though that I can still fit into 2 pairs of old jeans oh and my maternity jeans from BigW lol!

Well today was uneventful and Aleise went to bed early. She's normally down by 9pm but tonight I think she was in bed about 7.30 or 8pm which means she'll wake earlier than 6.30 for her next bottle.

I was chatting to Jess via messenger earlier tonight and she's had some home issues so she hasn't been online lately. From what I can gather she's doing okay though.

MIL Called today about the baptism plans and catering. We bought sugared almonds for bonbonaire (It's a French thing, mum is French). Have to do a ring around tomorrow to confirm if some local invitees are attending, book in for a facial (got a voucher at my baby shower) and buy a new top! Oh boy am I glad she only gets baptised once!

Not much else to gobb on about - take care all and hope those bubbas have been sleeping better lately.
    Nightie Night xoxo

OOOOH I love broadband!

Ali, are you finding that WW is hard to go back to after the relative "lack of restraint" of pregnancy? I didn't pig out during PG (well, not too much!) but the whole idea of going back and counting points again is soooo disheartening. I think it's almost enough to make me want to exercise for an hour a day instead! On the PixieFoto front - we had ours done and in one pic I looked like an absolute pogger! But dear DH "photoshopped" away my extra chin when he scanned the pics - what a sweetie

CeeCee, so glad the hammock is working - I can imagine what a relief it must be! And it is nice having mum around - my only fear is she won't be for long. Sheis really, really overweight and I constantly worry for her health. How long will your mum be visitng for?

IK, that sounds pretty cruisy - I'm glad its workin' for ya (as Dr Phil would say!) Attachment parenting appealed to me before Flynn was born, but we aren't following it I think (like I said, Flynn is not keen on the baby bjorn which I am a little sad about) but Flynn pretty well keeps whatever hours he likes, other than at night when I try to resettle him if he wakes up. Hang on, on reflection I suppose I do say "you're off to the isolation ward now" (ie: his cot in our room) when he gets cranky cause he just will not sit calmly in someones arms and nod off - so I guess that's probably the opposite of attachment parenting. He really seems to want to be alone or at least in a minimal-stimulation environment to sleep. Luckily for us, 9 times out of 10 he just nods off without much protesting once in his own bed.

Gabysmum that sounds awful!! Flynn is having his first vaccinations on Tuesday and I am not looking forward to what might be his first real bout of illness (the other day he was a bit phlegmy but a bit of FESS up the nose dislodged the biggest booger - TMI I know!

sorry guys - gotta go - feed time

Well, I had better come in and give you an update on what has happening here and why I have been MIA!
    James and I had separated for a while as things here have really hit the fan.
    Short version: Last Tuesday after asking James to stop talking to the little ****, he walks off and we started shouting at each other, well about 5 he comes home and we sit down to talk. We were talking away and then I went outside to lock the gate up when I notice the police are outside the gate!
    My aunts asks me to come up to the house and then tells me that the police wanted to ARREST James because 12 ppl has complained (bit hard for 12 ppl to complain when there are only 5 in the street!). We quickly decided that James and I should talk the two youngest children and head to My mum's place.
    Get to mums abot 10pm and mum suggests that it would be our best interest if James heads down to Tassie for a while and let things cool down.
    He went down to Tassie on Thursday and is waiting to catch up with a friend tomorrow!
    I'm living in the house with my aunts and in constant contact with him.
    Pat gets weighed tomorrow so post up weight.

Jess

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Jess - I'm so sorry things are not that great for you right now..you will be in our thoughts - HUGS-

Baths - gee Niall is shaping up to be a real cutie! all your kids are so beautiful!

GabyMum - OMG, how scarey for you....I would have been beside myself...I hope all is OK now? I would love a recliner - my apartment is way too small.. Boo Hoo

Rory- LOL - I love Photoshop!!! Need to edit my fat arms... Mum is only here for a week, but I intend to enjoy every second of it. Sorry your Mum is finding it hard to look after herself with her weight, I hope that she can rectify the situation - Flyn needs her, perhaps you can do something positive together? (I know it is hard, I can't motivate myself to do anything and I feel I need to eat a Timtam with the 3am feed)...

Neeny - I'm so excited about the baptism - it is her first real party / event... can't wait to see photos... We have Alexandra's christening dress already (it is not white, but flora, my Mum's sister made it (the same lady who made my wedding dress last year). I just hope she still fits it at Christmas.

ME: Well, last year DH won a $1,300 travel voucher, which is valid for a year, so we think we may try to book a holdiay in Vanuatu - they have 5 days for $1, 300 pp, so it would be like paying half price? How nice...

Quick Question: How do I get Alexandra to sleep an hour later? Since the hammock she has wanted to go to bed early (at 6pm she is sound asleep) and wakes up at 5am.. I would like her to sleep from 7pm to 6am (DH takes her at 6am for a walk with the dog)..I tried to keep her up say for an extra 10 mins a day, but she cries and cries and I feel really mean.... any ideas?

Question Two: As Alexandra's last feed starts at 5.30pm, she now does not wake till midnight for her next boob feed, do you think my milk supply will decrase as that is a LONG time between drinks...(prior to the hammock she would wake every 2-3 hours).

I love my hammock, but as DH said, "we never see her anymore", "she is always asleep"..

It is shaping up to be anothe sunny day here in Perth so after Ihave done some washing Tori and I are off for a walk in the sunshine, we are going to go over the shops and get a present for Pete for Fathers Day. Yesterday was also beautiful so we packed up a picnic and went to the park, was glorious to relax in the sun.

One the topic of sun: those who have older children, can you recommend a good babies suncream?

Bath: I love gardening as well, Pete and I have just planted a veggie garden, I find it so rewarding planting things and watching them grow,especially when the end product is something you can eat!

Rory: I am actualley finding it suprisingly easy counting points again. Its weird because I know all the theory behind healthy eating, but there just seems to be something about writing it down and making mylsef accountable that makes it so much easier for me to eat well.

Neeny: Not long till Aleise's christening now. I guess it is like any big event, hard work to organise but worth it in the end. We still havent decided if we are going to organise something for Tori, I would like to- but it would be more along the lines of a naming day with a picnic in the park to follow.

Gabysmum: How scary- I cant imagine what it is like to hae your baby turn blue. Glad to hear that it is nothing serious. It mustbe tough in a town wherre you dont know anyone and to have sick kids. Enjoy your impromtu trip to perth!

Jess: SOrry to hear that things with your DH arent going well at the moment. Chin up you really are due for some good news soon!

Cee_cee: Wow a holiday in Vanuata- just what a new mum deserve a holiday in a tropical location. We leave for our trip to Bali in 2 months (I guess I had better start saving some spending money).
    As for getting Alex to stay awake I am not sure, maybe just a little bit of extra stimulation between each sleep. Tori usually goes down between 7:30- 9 depending on her day sleeps but she is still waking for a feed in the night between 2 &4 and then wakes again in the morning between 5&7 depending on what time her night feed was. I guess that actualley isnt much help though!
    In regards to your milk supply your body should produce what Alex needs, ie. If she is not feeding ever 2-3 hours it wont produce as much milk. In the Breastfeeding thread in one of the threads Fionajill explains how the breast works- she says that when a baby feeds it produces a hormone that brings on more milk, but the breast knows when it is full and stops producing milk untill the baby feeds again and restimulates that hormone. ( I think thats how it goes!)

Anyway better get on with the washing, as unfortunatley it hanst learnt to hang itself on the line yet (shame that). I hope everyone ishaving a wonderful monday!

Hey Junies!
    Still here - since we have started giving Aneta INFACOL Wind Drops she is a new person So now we actually go out !! Took her to the city yesterday she was so awed by everything ... i took the opportunity to get a new camera - 8 megapixels woohoo!! So I'll give it a go and post some pics up soon

Ive dropped to 54kg but my tummy is sooo flabby i cant get new clothes
    DH and I had a fight yesterday because he wants me to stop dieting , he thinks im too thin ... i know he is right , i dont eat , ive been having headspins etc. but i cant stop dieting - it was like this before pregnancy and its 10 times worse now grrr

Jess - sorry to hear things turned out like that - hopefully its for the best and things will sort themselves out soon!

Ali & Bath - im off to look at ur websites as soon as i have time

CC - so good to hear you found something that works for you and your little girl ! You should get a job at the place where they make those baby hammocks - hehe you would promote them really well!

Dee78 - how are things going??? i really really hope you work out whats going on with Lachlan soon , i can only imagine how frustrating it must be. If you have to start giving him formula dont let anyone make you feel bad about it - its not!

Hi all, just a quick one as I am supposed to be working...doing a market on Saturday, my first one since Freya so I need to get some stock together!

Well, Freya seems to be getting a bit more settled again, sleeping for slightly longer stretches in the day. Still feeding quite poorly, drives me mad, but I'm trying to relax and not let feed times get too stressful.

Enigma, so glad that the drops have helped so much! Please take care of yourself though...headspins from not eating enough doesn't sound like much fun.

Ali, Tori is just gorgeous. Re: the baby sunscreen, I use Banana Boat for babies, and have found it to be really good.

CeeCee, the hammock sounds like an absolute godsend! Hmmm, can't help you with those questions, but sure some of the others will be able to.

Jess, so sorry to hear about you & James, do you think the time apart will help?

OK, baby requires my attention again...

Good afternoon... just a quick one because both boys are asleep and I've got a long mental list of things I need to do that can't be done when they are awake... just done the first: rang and made appointment with doctor tomorrow for pap smear (am due, have them done every 2 years) plus I need to have a chest x-ray done to work out why I'm having chest pain (it's not bad pain, more like a stitch... kinda weird... rang the Nurses Hotline about it and she couldn't give me a definate diagnosis either... been having it for years and just want to know what's going on).

Baby Sunscreen: I use whatever we use as so far my children don't have any allergies or reactions... I use a combination of zinc cream (thick white stuff, excellent protection no matter what the brand) for the nose and Clinique's spray on sunscreen for the body (no fragrance and allergy free). We all have naturally olive skin so don't burn too badly but I've gone white because I haven't "tanned" since I was about 18 (I actually look better pale LOL) ... I avoid exposure as much as possible at all times. I also love hats and make my children wear them as much as possible. Hint: get your babies used to wearing hats from a very young age (start now!) otherwise they might protest when the time comes and keep pulling them off which is very frustrating!

Extending Awake Time: We've had to do this because Niall is a very sleepy baby... we usually find that it helps to extend awake time by having a shower (sometimes he goes to sleep in the bath with me!) and drawing out the dressing afterwards by doing a baby massage. DH also holds him on his lap whilst he downloads music and I think that helps keep him awake a little longer too.

Ok... quick bite to eat then time to update my birthday calendar.

Hi all, sorry for the abrupt end last night - Flynn started mooching for a feed

Jess I do hope it all works out ok - do keep us posted. The last thing little Pat needs now is more stress!

Bathsheba Do you feel kinda like you have an air bubble trapped in your chest - I get that now and then and am never sure what it is. I rang the nurses hotline when DH had a migraine to see if it was ok to take disprin (recommended for migraines) after nurofen (not recommended, esp on an empty stomach!) Silly "nurse" referred me to the poisons info line!! Luckily my MIL is a nurse and was able to tell me to give DH something to eat (nurofen on empty tum is a big no-no!) or make him trhow it up and that it was ok to take disprin. How hard was that - you'd think the nurses hotline people could handle a migraine medication query!!

On the topic of gardening I am gettng into it too - but after a heap of weeding I felt no pain! I think it is from getting up from our (low) couch holding Flynn without using hands for support - given me "buns of steel" (beneath the flab!)

Enigma, if you are getting headspins you really should go to the doctor, esp if it is related to your not eating enough. Love, please take care of yourself as Aneta needs you fit and well to keep her stocked with cuddles. Please let us know how you are going?

Hello to everyone else - am going to check out baby websites after this and hopefully will be inspired to start one for Flynn.

I had better sign off soon - I have been galavanting around op shops all morning and not done a scrap of housework. Plus my work PC is coming tomorrow so I have to get the home office organised. hope all are doing well

ciao bellas

Your bubs are all gorgeous!

Here is my little lamb's website : http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l160/Mikkenror/

The sun's out! No pony time today, though, unfortunately. I decided to stay put today!
    I've had an awkward situation arise today...my aunt from overseas sent a present for us, after asking me a few weeks ago what we needed (not much, but suggested a lambskin for the carseat when it faces forwards). Well, got the gift today...a nappy bag...I have one already in another colour! It's a great colour and would probably have been a first choice, but I've been using the other one since day 1 and my sister got it for me, so I'm not giving it up. I could give it to my sister, but my aunt will then get my sister something and I'll have nothing from my aunt to tell Oscar she got him! PLUS, I already bought my sister one in another colour again and I could take it back for a refund, but then I'm left with the previous sentence's scenario. She bought it from an online baby gift site cos she's overseas...what to do? Keep it as a spare and alternate season by season? Week to week? Keep them both scrupulously clean by washing one on one week to force me to use both? The new one also has a mobile phone pouch that my first one doesn't have...I suppose it couldn't hurt to have two? There isn't anything else on the site that we need or want (would like an extra sling, like a Baba Sling - different design from the HAB), so I'm either going to have to keep a spare or email my aunt to tell her what my situation is...loathe to do that. They're a bit expensive to be keeping as a 'spare'. Unless I keep the red one for me and the other one for DP. But with only one baby, this seems a bit much! I would love to have a 'something' from her that reminds me of her when I use it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast