Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #8

Sorry Candy.... I don't mean to imply that fulltime care is always wrong... it's just (I think) strange that some of my friends who's husbands are on well over $100,000 per year and could quite comfortably live on a single income yet they say they both need to work to afford "a decent holiday" and "bling" *shrug*. (ETA) Also I guess I come from the perspective of having 2 parents that both always worked... never had time for us kids, even on the weekends they would do activites that we couldn't participate in much (golf and sailing)... that's why they worked, so they could afford to play their expensive sports and keep up with the Jones... when me and my sister would have prefered them to actually spend a bit of time with us. In the end they ended up getting divorced and they had to sell the house etc. Guess I'm just choosing a different path... everyone has to do what they feel is right I guess.

Hi girls sorry I haven't been around lately, but I've been a busy little bee, scrapping and sewing. I've made some nappies for bub. I'll put some photos up on my web page, puter is going really slow as we have reached our download limit and it has slowwwwwed right down. I haven't read and caught up yet so i'll go and do that before I do personals.
    Grrr it won't let me do it, I think my puter is tooooo sllllooowwwww. It will have to be later there is a little pic on my ticker.

First off Happy Belated Birthday to Jo!!

Alicia - Welcome to the Junies group.. They/we are all a fantastic bunch of ladies.. Thanks for sharing your birth/pregnancy story and wow what a time you had!

Simone - Great to see you back! I am so glad your little girl is at home.. I can't believe you got a $107 parking fine? I'd make your MIL pay for that! hehehe

Nic - Oh how cute Nixon would have looked! I wish you'd taken a pic of your beautiful boy in his outfit!

Kel - My hat goes off to you! I can't believe you are still BF your twins! I have a friend who had twins not long ago and she was so exhausted after a month she has now reverted to bottle but bottles of breastmilk instead..

Karen - How is everything going with Nathan?

Jess - It's great to see you back! I hope everything at home is improving and you are coping OK on your own for the time being.. Hopefully it won't be for too long?

Ali - How is Tori going? being a good little girl for mum i hope?

IK - I have just been reading some of the advice you have been giving lately and man your a woman of knowledge! you are so awesome at helping people with problems and your advice is always so "on the mark".. How is Oscar going? I am sure he's a beautiful and placid little man?

Jaspen - Welcome back! I bet you were just itching to get online and catch up? I am glad to move went well..

Dee - Woohoooo to Lachlan and his size! I think it is a good idea too to have him near you if he is still waking up at night, otherwise i recon it would be a pain having to trace through the house in the dark to get him.. BTW your MIL sounds like a real pushy woman! gah

Bathsheba - I am glad you had such a lovely day.. I have to say i am cherising the moments i have with Ronan because i don't want to miss a thing.. My main priority in life used to be work work work, but now i am at home each day i am loving it and he is my main priority..

Littlerigger - Honestly the choice is yours about going back to work! I wouldn't look down on anyone that wishes/needs to go back to work as we all have our own responsibilites in life.. I will be looking @ finding work around Dec but only for a few days a week to start with, then we may start to look at TTC again as by that time Ronan will in fact be 9 months old..

7th Heaven - Good on you for making nappies! You have been a busy little bee haven't you? How is the family?

Enigma - I saw that Aneta has been a great little girl since she's been on the wind drops? I am just so happy that they are working for you! Ronan is still on them and doesn't every cry from wind pain or pushing pains, it's just fantastic!

Gabysmum - How did the pap smear go? gosh why do women have to go through them? they are just not comfortable at all! How are your breasts with your milk? Are they even more uncomfortable now? You can't have any reduction until you decide to have no more kids right? or can you get it done regardless?

Cee_cee - I hope your having an awesome time with your mum! My mum flew down when Ronan was born and should be coming to see him soon now that he is at home.. So i know your excitment! \

Rory - How is Flynn today? How is he when he hasn't slept much during the day? Does he tend to get cranky or does he let you know in other ways when he's tired?

With Ronan Well things are going well here! I am just loving being at home, mind you i feel like i am never home because i am so busy going to friends places or going to preemie mums groups but it is fantastic! Ronan still sleeps 10hrs each night and never complains, only if he has wind and other than that, life is good.. I should be going to Sydney in November to a cousins wedding and i cannot wait as i haven't been back to Sydney since our move to VIC in June 05..

Ronan is still progressing well.. He now weighs 5.5kgs and loves playing with his hands, laughs all the time and even rubs his eyes to say he's tired now + holds the bottle when fed.. He is only 11wks corrected so he's still a little bubba.. heheh

!!!!! Rac, you're amazing And what a totally gorgeous new ticker piccy of Ronan... makes me want to reach out and give those cheeks of his a squeeze! LOL And what a cute outfit! Where did you get it? brand? I have to admit that my kids often wear outfits that cost more than what i'm wearing! When I was working and we just had Verity I loved buying her the latest Fred Bare outfit... we're talking serious expenditure... those days are over (due to the cost of her education) however we now SHARE clothes! LOL Recently she needed a new coat but I wasn't going to fork out money for something that she was only going to get one season out of so we shopped around and agreed on one that looks good on us both! We can't share pants yet (that'll be years away, if ever) but certainly helps the budget bottom line (excuse the pun).

Alicia- Welcome to our little group- I hope you find these wonderful women and knowledgable ad supportive as I have over the past few months.

Jo- I hope that you had a wonderful birthday.

Bath- Your Picnic in the back garden sound just divine. DH and I love spending timein our backyard, it is nice to have a quite little sanctury that you can get into and enjoy the lovely weather.

Racs- You really and the personals queen! Tori is doing really well, shehas just learnt to self settle in the last week, so we can put her down fully awake and she can put herself to sleep (most time, I find if she isover tired she needs a little extra help). It sounds like Ronan is doing really well, wow I cant believe that he is already 5 months old.

Candy- You have to do what is right for you and your family. I know exactley how it feels wanting to be able to get some money behind you to buy a house. We are in the same situation, moving from rental property to rental property. We have decided to have another baby before we buy something (plus the housing market in Perth is just CRAZY at the moment with average house price being about $400,000). If we were going to buy a house before having another baby then I would also be going back to work close to full time. As it is I will be starting back at least 2 days a week when the school year starts next year.

Dee- I was thinking about making some nappies as well. Did you make AIO or just fitted nappies. What pattern did you use, did you buy a pattern or make your own?

Dee78- Good on you for making the decision to stand up for yourself. Tori is a settled baby, but when we got out and she gets passed around to too many strangers she becomes REALLY unsettled for the next couple of days, so for a baby that is already unsettled it is much worse. Stick to your guns, you know what is right for Lachlan.

Simmone- Hopefully we can get our acts together and have a Perth meet up while you are over here. IT would be nice to finally start putting some names to faces IRL.

We have had a fairly quiet day today, went to the shops because I broke my mobile phone last night (ooops) that is 2 phones in less than a year that I have ruined, the first one went through the washing machine, luckily this one was an old one mum gave me so not so bad. Anyway got a new flip top Nokia, lets hope I can make this one last 2 years, otherwise it is going to become an exspensive habit.
    DH has a nice 4 day weekend, which I am really looking forward too. We are going out for lunch on Sunday with my mum and dad but other than that we have a free and easy weekend.

I agree with Ali, Rac is the personals queen!! I am so glad Ronan is doing well - to think it has been five mnths since the dear little one was born!

No real time for personals from me I'm sorry - DH has been hogging the PC all night and Flynn is just about due for his 10pm-ish feed, so I'll just prattle. Flynn is such a good boy - today he slept from 10am till 2.30pm - I figure he was making up for lost sleep time yesterday.

I have a few PC/net queries - how did you girls who use photobucket get your sites looking so nice? And how do you get your little pics with your BB names - I subscribed the other day and can't seem to get any info on how to create one. And I can't PM anyone - I tried to get on to Nickers about a catch up for melbourne Junies but was told I didn't have permission. I am such a PC nuffie!! DH just asked me to download skype and go through the set up procedure but it just finished downloading and "blipped" and then there was no skype to be found

Bet go - DH just woke up Flubby (Flynnie-Bubby, DH's nickname for the boy)

ciao bellas

Rory: Once you have subscribed you can email Kathryn (Astrolady) at : mailto:[email protected] telling her what you look like and she will create your avatar (the piccy beside our usernames). I modified my own but it's tricky... best to let Kath do one at first. Also I'm new to PhotoBucket too... can't remeber what I did when I set it up... everything is kinda trial and error with me and my pc... but if you really get stuck I could probably help you sort it out

Awwwwwww you ladies are soo nice! I just don't always get a chance to get on here and reply everyday so when i do reply i like to make sure i include everyone i see (sorry if i missed anyone)!

Bath - I just had a look & Ronan's outfit says "Disney" so i am guessing my friend got it from the Disney store.. Probably cost a bit.. I don't think it's anything you can get in Kmart or anything cause i haven't seen it before (it's a blue Winnie The Poo) outfit.. That is sooooo cool that you can wear each others clothes! I still wear a few jackets my mum gave me as my mum, sister and myself are all the same size..

Ali - Oh no about your mobile phone! At least you got a new one but lets hope you don't lose it, otherwise i suppose you could always go and buy a pre-paid? I have gone through so many phone in my lifetime but mainly because i get sick of them and want something new.. hehehe

Rory - That is so good about Flynn's sleep! I hope you get a lovely sleep tonight! I will try to get onto Nic as well about the Melbourne meet up, so if we all start chasing her hopefully we will be able to get something organised..

It's funny to think Ronan is in fact almost 6 months old now yet everything he does is classed with his "corrected age" so everything he is doing is what all your bubbas are doing.. His corrected date goes by the date he was due which was the 14th June so when you look at it, we still are Junies at the end of the day well until he turns 2 years old.. heheheh

BTW i have heaps of updated photo's of Ronan on his site if anyone wants to check them out!

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Sorry i have been mia lately.....I have been organising the wedding plus looking after my DD all day. Makes it very hectic here!!!
    Well i managed to pull the wedding all together in 1 day for under $5000 not including my dress. DF is happy about that as the average NSW wedding these days is 10-20 thousand dollars.
    So i have 2 bridesmaids 1 juniour bridesmaid abd 1 flowergirl.
    I think i have done pretty good but obviously my mother doesn't think so, we had the biggest fight on the phone yesterday. I got so upset....it was as if i didn't know what i was doing and who i was getting to help me mum despises. She still treats me like i'm the 12 year old that she threw out of home...i am 21 now and i think i am a big girl but she just seems to be putting me down in every possible.

Tarleha seems to be getting better with her reflux as the days go by. She is giggling and laughing as many of your bubbies are too. She is 9 weeks old and everyone reckons she will be crawling in a couple of weeks and definetly walking by christmas...thats my clever girl.
    She is feeding good, sleeping well and loving bath time.
    But yeah very busy here and feel down as my mother always puts me down, so sorry if not on here much.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye 29-06-06
    Tying the knot on 7th April (Easter Sat)

Hi girls, Well having one of those nights. Well doesn't happen very often so I'll cope. Well it sticky and pouring down with rain. I've just put Nathan down again. He's got a bit of a cold and is having a hard time breathing out of his nose, poor little thing. Well we are out in the lounge tonight, no need for DH and I to both not get any sleep.
    Anyway I'm awake and can't go back to sleep, very annoying but I thought I'd pop back on and write you guys a message and upload a few photos onto the site, which I have now done so you can all take a peak at my terrible sewing skills and check out the nappies I have madem, they work really well no leaks. I made them AIO with the waterproof PUL. I'm actually very proud of myself as I didn't have a pattern and just looked at the nappies I bought from ebay as a guide.
    I'm going to make more but have to wait til we go back into the city to get to spotlight to pick up some more materials. Don't look too closely at the sewing, it would make my mother turn over in her grave, not that she's dead...yet. Well I'm going to try to go back to bed.
    Good luck with the wedding plans Kristee and with your mum, lol.
    Night night
    Dee

littlerigger Guest

Hi girls.2

Bath - I didn't mean you look down on it; I was actually referring to my sister & mother. For us to afford the education that I want to give Ryan, I need to go back to work. Also having a house where we can decorate his room, don't have to ask to make changes to it etc I agree some women with hubbys on great $$ go back to work for the wrong reasons. Some of them go back because its what they need to do for their sanity. They cant cope with just being a mother. And need to be further defined by their work.

Ali - those house prices are crazy. Were looking at paying at least 300k if we looked in "better" areas of Canberra we too would be paying 400k min . But at least a place out here is a foot in the door. Also at this stage Ryan will be our only child. Perhaps if we wanted a second we'd wait longer, or have a bigger gap between kids.... who knows. Matt goes through phones pretty quickly too but more because he gets sick of them GRRR.

Heaven Doesnt it suck when you hit your limit and they shape you?? I wish it was raining here minus the stickyness. Well done on making the nappies! When I get a moment I will go & have a look 

Rac you are the personals queen. Im glad to hear your keeping busy & that Ronan is doing so well!!

Rory Flubby is such a cute nickname

KL Good work on the wedding. Im trying to convince Matt that we should head to QLD for one of those packages. $3000 and you get 5 nights accommodation, hair, flowers etc. Good to hear Tarleha is doing so well!!!

Me well Matt and I have bought a ring but when he actually asks is still to be a surprise dammit. I want to wear the ring now its so pretty. So maybe Ill have some neat news soon. Fingers crossed I get this job and then Im sure Ill truly be out of my very long rut!

Aren't babies wonderful! Rac, Ronan looks absolutely gorgeous!! I can't tell you how glad I am he is all ok!!

Candy, how nice to have a ring! DH and I married when we were 20 and 21 so "we wus poor" and couldn't afford one (not that he would get me one now - I have my mum's engagement ring which my dad made her - he was a jeweller - so that is enough for me). House prices are insane, aren't they? We were luck to buy our house before the boom in 1999 for $105k - can you IMAGINE a house less than 20ks from melbourne for that price now?? As it was, we were stretching to afford it at the time - my salary was only $22k back then - it took me 5 years working as a lawyer before I earnt what a teacher's starting wage was - and to think I did law instead of teaching for the money! (LOL!!)

I do hope you get the job - I understand the need for security for your family. That's kinda why I am starting work from home and will be going out to work while DH stays home with Flynn - I can earn more than DH and I really want to provide for our little family. Plus I am really keen to get back into my career - it's funny what you said about being "just" a mum cause when I was about 4 I asked my mum if she ever wanted to be anything else other than just a mummy (LOL!) Oh the irony - I have probably told you girls this before but my mum was widowed at 36 with no steady "career" job, couldn't drive a car, etc etc. She ended up doing a tremendous job raising me on her own and working heaps of crappy jobs to look after me but really drummed into me how I needed to have a career to secure my kid's future. So I really see both sides to the whole work thing - I am almost "hardwired" to be career minded but at the same time I absolutely LOVE being with my son and want him to be looked after by his parent/s. I suppose that is why I have told DH I don't want him working full time till our youngest is at kinder. My god, my feminist sensibilities would be on edge if I heard a man say that to his wife! I am such a contradiction

Ohh, Flubby is awake and cooing - better go get him.....

Back now - lamb-boy is sitting next to me in his rocker (lamb-boy because he sounds like one when he cries - hehheh)

7th Heaven you did such a good job on the nappies! My ma bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and I am going to try getting into sewing myself. My outlet for my disappointment at not being able to make gorgeous dresses for my child (have you seen how many patterns there are for girls compared to boys - it sucks!) is to make them for my friends' daughers - luckily there are lots of girls in our circle.

KL that is an amazing effort on the wedding! Do post pics when they are available. And don't listen to your mum - you do what is best for you and your family now. I know it's hard (I had awful trouble with my mum when I first got together with DH and again while pregnant) but YOU are a mummy yourself now I read somewhere that because of the "closeness between mothers and daughters mums often say things to their duaghters that they wouldn't say to anyone else because it is their "right". Like the other day I was talking to MIL - her daughter (my SIL) got married in Sth Amercia while on holiday and had no family there cause she wanted a personal ceremony with just her and her DH. MIL was upset and said "I don't see how much personal you can get - I gave birth to her - why couldn't I be there?" So KL< you are not alone in the world of annoying mums

Ali, should a serial phone killer like you have a flip top phone - more moving parts to snap off My DH drowned my phone recently - lucky he doesn't have his own to kill also cause I'm sure he would have LOL!!

Bath, aren't brand name kids clothes expensive! I was astounded to see "seed" t-shirts for $70!!! Luckily I am the Op-Shop-Legend and have bought Flynn and entire wardrobe of designer gear for nix! ATM he is wearing oshkosh jeans, a peter rabbit polo and a cool black bonds t-shirt - and only the t-shirt was a non-oppy! I have a fixation ATM with buying oshkosh and pumpkin patch overalls - I think I have enough for two children!!

better go - there was a rumble in the nappy that needs investigating

ciao bellas

littlerigger Guest

don't get me wrong, I love being home with ryan, I just want everything I can possibly provide him with. I've always been the provider in my past relationships and part of what has contributed to my PND has the fear of suddenly being dependant on someone else no matter how much I love Matt, and trust him to provide for us, I can't help but be terrified of not making some money for my family!

Candy: Has Matt decided what he's going to do about that job in China? I might have missed it if you posted about his final decision. Sounds like he's decided not to go?
    Regarding careers: I agree wholeheartedly about needing another role besides motherhood to define you as a woman... I can't wait to continue and complete my study so that I can work again as a teacher... I really miss peer recognition and mixing with lots of people outside the home... oh and also a little extra money I guess. Depending on Niall's ability to cope I plan to take on a few subjects perhaps toward the end of next year... not sure.... which will mean some kind of care for him. My problem is because i have worked in the industry (childcare) I know the challenges (for both the child and the parents) and I'm very particular about the quality of care AND I'm not happy with what's available in our area... so there's lots of thinking to be done about the whole issue.

Well I've just made my DH a heart-shaped layered sponge cake for Father's Day... I've iced it too and now I'm wondering if I could hide it somewhere and keep it a secret until Sunday or let him see it tonight. Hmm, not sure, could take it next door to our neighbours if I really wanted to I guess.

Hey IK... can I smell a bushfire? All our windows are open and unless somebody is burning something it really smells like a distant fire...

Niall waking... long overdue for a feed... back later.

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Thought i better get on here and see what is happening since DD is asleep, she is sooo unpredictable!!!
    7th Heaven I know how you feel. DD has just recently had a cold and she had so much trouble breathing i was afraid to go to sleep in case she stopped breathing all together which she has done twice mind you!!
    Litllerigger: I understand about the education issue. I am starting to wonder whether we will be able to afford sending DD to the school i want to as it's so expensive...plus getting married will put a hole in our pockets.
    Candy: Keep trying to convince Matt to let you go on the holiday to QLD. The packages are so good. I have been on one to Noosa before and it was lovely. We are going to use the one to Palm Beach Sunshine Coast as a temporary honeymoon as we are going to be short on cash. Overseas is looking good when Tarleha is a bit older though.
    Roryrory: I will definetly post pics but won't be till next April...seems so far away but is so close at the same time. I know i shouldn't listen to my mum and take it to much to heart, but it is so hard i really want to forgive her for all the nasty's she has done and said but she just keeps doing it over and over again. But i am glad i am not alone with this issue.

IUs: Well the wedding plans are frazzling my brains out and all DF can say is he is stressed out because he has to pay for it....if that is all he is worried about maybe i should have made it expensive as i could get.
    Tarleha is trying really hard to crawl now...gets the legs going but can't get the arms under control. face planted the carpet a couple of times LOL.
    For all you Melbourne girls what are the wedding dresses likke down there? are they nice, reasonably priced? Any one else not from Melbourne let me know where you are from and what the dresses are like and prices. Please it would be greatly appreciated. Its going to be hard to have a great wedding as DF and i are hoping to fall around that time so i spose it would be ok if we did but i really wouldn't mind if i wasn't preg for my wedding. We were going to start trying Jan/Feb next year so don't know whether to change it or just let nature take it's course on that one. What would you girls do personally?
    Any ways gotta run as the rug-rat has just woken and needs my attention...she is just a sook!!!

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot on 7th April 2007 (Easter Saturday)

KLR- I'll pm you with where i got my dress from (not sure i am alowed to post it here) But are u looking for a new or 2nd hand dress? I am getting my wedding dress dry cleaned next week in hope to sell it.... (oh and i was 6weeks pg in it i had rouging across the belly so even if there was a small bump it would be hidden)
    Racs- well we took a coupld of pics of Nixon in his outfit so i'll let u all know when i get a chance to put them on the website.

hi everyone else, sorry will have to post again later when i have more time
    will check out your website soon.

Kristy- Great job in organising the wedding so quickly and for such a good amount of money. THe organisation of my wedding is still vey fresh in my mind. Don't worry time will fly and before you know it, it will be April.

Rory- You a probably right, a mobile phoone with moving parts is probably a very bad idea!! Oh well, I am just going to have to learn to be more careful, I cant live without my mobile.

Candy- I hear ya on relying on someone else to support you, this is the first time since I was 15 that I havent had a job (and for much of that time I worked 2 jobs) so for the first time in 11 years I am not getting my own income, its really kinda scary isnt it!

Nic- I hope that you & your DH enjoyed your mini-break with Nixon.

We have had a fairly quiet day, DH had the day off which was nice. I went to weight watchers this morning and I lost 2.6kg this week...wooohoo.
    Tori had her first sleep in her big cot today, was very exciting but sad at the same time, I cant believe how quickly she is getting big... they don't stay little babies for long really do they? We have also been trying to get her used to going in her carrier (like the baby bjorn, but we have the damaro(sp) because when we go to Bali it will be easy to take her out in that than negotiate the pram around. She did quite well in it, and seemed to be happy to be upright and looking out at the world.

Ok updated my website with some more pics if u want to have a look.

we had a nice short break, the weather was supurb, we went for a walk along the beach thismorning b4 driving back.

Rory- I am infact still having some feeding problems. Each time it happens i get one step closer to thinking of giving up bf. my original goal was to get to 6 months, now i am just trying to get to 5 months, but even day by day now is an acheivment. He did it to me once yesterday and once again today, its very distressing for both of us, his face ends up wet from tears and red and exhausted from fighting it. I try to comfort him, settle him down then he starts back up again. I am not sure if its because i have to still use nipple sheilds half of the time and maybe he isnt getting it as quick as he would like. but i have crap nipples for bf and find it really hard without the sheilds. I can now do one side without it but not after him coming off 5-10times and lots of awkward carry on.
    Candy- I am sure Matt is waiting for a perfect moment to pop the question! Oh how exciting, the suspense of when would be a killer!
    KLR- Wow Tarleha must be very developed already almost crawling! Nixon hasn't yet learnt to roll/sit etc. Like you Racs although Nixon is earlier when it comes to development they are still in the same range as the rest of the June bubs, Nixon should be 3 months old now and i think he is pretty spot of a 3month old
    Dee- How cool is the nappy! your very clever i dont even know how to sew a button onto a shirt
    Racs- Love the updated pics! Ronan has big blue eyes! I agree that little Pooh outfit is gorgeous.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast