Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #8

Hey there!

Not up to much lately - got another cold and its starting to go away.

Sun has finally come up so I'm going to take Aleise for a walk soon to get more formula.

Thank you to everyone who's commented on the photos! I don't have all of them back yet - like ones with my family so standby for those!

IK: I guess a "name day" celebration is what you're after. Don't know how it works but I know its non religious.

Rory: I use the dummy all the time for Aleise. Luckily she sleeps all night so I don't have the problem of getting up to give it to her then - just have to keep putting it back in when we put her down for the night. Remember if they don't have one they'll probably suck their thumb which can lead to buck teeth! (DH used to be a dental nurse). A friend of mine swapped the dummy for a bike - so the swapping for toy seems to work when its time to wean them off it.

Nickers: When is your baptism for Nixon? Did you go overboard with invitations like I did? My mum made the gown - pity you don't live closeby 'cause she could make one for you. There are "Baby Christening" shops so check the yellow pages. Hope everything goes well darls.

Tanya: Did you get your parcel? Hope Lucas will fit into the jammies before it gets warm!

Well not much else to say - take care all and will pop in again soon.
    *Huggies** to all.

Speaking of parcels did you girls know they are organising another Secret Santa in BB this year?! I was in last year's one and it was so much fun... it would be nice to be "given" another Junie to buy a gift for hey?

Also, I think something has died under our house (possum/cat) and the stink is wafting up through the floor boards... this will sound like a really dumb question but what do you think I should do about it!? DH reckons he should do the "manly" thing and crawl under there to investigate... but I can't see him being able to do anything about it until the weekend because he gets home so late... and what should he do anyhow? Drag it out? Ugh! take a small shovel in there and dig a hole and bury it near where it's fallen? I'm burning insense to cover up the smell but it's just repulsive. If it's only a small creature like a possum how long do you think it will take until the smell goes naturally? Actually we'd better check to make sure it's not somebody's beloved pet, if it has a tag we'd better ring the council I guess. Hope nobody pops around to visit... i'd be too embarrassed to let them in as it's died right under the foyer i think... very bad Feng Shui!

Time for a cuppa....

Hi gals, have been MIA, had a shocking cold all weekend and felt horrible. Then did the markets on Saturday and got sunburnt....silly, silly girl! Feel much better now.

Freya is still randomly having good days/nights then bad ones. No rhyme or reason.

Dummies: DS is still using his at 20 months, but he only ever has it for sleep. This is something I implemented as soon as he started doing all his sleeping in a cot (around 4 months)...dummies don't leave the cot, except to be washed of course! In hindsight, I wish I'd weaned him earlier, because he is emotionally attached to it now (the promise of a dummy has him leaping into bed) but he is such a fab sleeper that it was a "if it aint broke dont fix it" scenario. Freya has her dummy for day sleeps, but goes off without it at night.

*Kristee* Guest

Haven't been in this thread for a while and boy did i have some catching up to do....i have been surfing the other forums too.
    Ali25 I have many of those sad sack days. I feel forgotten a lot too as a lot of my friends disowned me when i was pregnant. What makes it worse is i don't have a drivers license so i can't just go anywhere i want whenever i want.
    7th Heaven I'm glad Makayla's Birthday party ended up being a blast. 24 kids WOW how did you manage to control them all. LOL at only putting 7 candles on the cake.
    Roryrory Fathers day was crap for me. All my father did all day was whinge about anything and everything!! Unfortunately didn't get DF a Fathers Day present as he said to keep my money for the wedding and honeymoon.
    I have the same proiblem with the dummy issue. My DD acts exactly the same way.
    Littlerigger Hope Matt gets better soon! So you can get some much needed sleep.
    Cee_Cee99 Your holiday (even if it was only a couple of days) must have been nice. It is sooo great to have an extra pair of hands.
    Poor Alexandra and poor you. Isn't it so hard to see your little one in pain. I hated taking Tarleha to get her shots.
    Hope your colonoscopy goes alright for you and that it is all good news.
    Isn't the book "Baby Love" great, It is the bible to parenthood IMO.
    Bathsheba I also like Mondays. Funney hey. It may be a cancerian thing as i am also a cancer. LOL not that i believe much in that stuff.
    Sounds like you all had a great day on Fathers Day. Thanks for the info on dummy use, will definately consider it.
    Great idea about the Secret Santa- another Junnie would be excellant.
    That's nasty- hope you get the smell out of your house soon!
    Nickers Good on you for going for a walk. I have been meaning to go for one for days now as the weather has been lovely here. I have lost 8.1kg but if i want to keep loosing that weight i better keep exercising.
    There are so many cute outfits for christenings these days...have fun picking one out.
    Neeny Hope your cold goes away and stays away!

Us I didn't realise peer pressure started at such a young age!
    Well the little discussions between me and DD about sleep time don't seem to be working now, she has decided that there is no need for sleep and just wants to play.
    She has had a bit of a gastro bug lately, poor thing.
    I am starting to feel a strain on mine and DF relationship now. It just seems like he is soo tired all the time and when he gets home from work he just wants to cuddle and play with DD as if i don't exist!! We haven't even DTD yet....partially i am a bit worried about how it would affect my ceaser scar (anyone know anything about that?). It just seems we have no quality or quantity time together anymore, it's just about Tarleha and it's really starting to **** me off.
    Anyway enough venting from me...

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April (Easter Sat)
    TTC around wedding time

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi kristee, good to see you again... re: DTD, I did it for the first time last night and it was almost as if to get it out of the way IYKWIM? Poor DH... I'm out of practice.. I'm sure it will not impact your C-scar, however some of the other girls will know first hand.
    I'm sorry your not having any quality time... could you perhaps put Tarleha to bed before DH gets home??? I know it is a bit sneaky, but it may give you some much needed alone time.

Baths - you definately need to get someone under your house to have a look.. that kind of smell takes WEEKS to go. It could also lead to other animals coming to eat whatever it is that is dead. I used to live in the country and we had heaps of dead stuff and the smell took FOREVER if Dad could not find it.

Hi Jo, hope your feeling better... I bet it is no fun looking after your two with a cold...did you have someone to help?

Hi Nenny - glad you had a great day.. loved the photos, thanks for sending them.. re: Name Day: my sister went to one and they all took a bead and threaded it onto some fishing line, then made a necklace for the child... it was cute.. Not sure Oscar would like a necklace though???
    :-)

Dummies: Ally refuses to take them..I've tried every brand, every day for weeks to no avail, she prefers to shove her hands in her mouth! Darn, I bet she sucks her thumb later and it costs me a fortune in dental bills!

Hello,

Bath- i agree with CeeCee if something is dead under the house, something else might come along and start eating it, so someone needs to go under the house, preferably the man of the house i say!
    we booked our flights last night to sydney, going up for a week and a bit again cant wait! His christening is on the 1st october. we end up inviting like 70ppl.... hopefully no more then 50 can make it! we had to invite all of dh family as its also his mum's 60th and she was originally going to be having a lunch @ her house that day. so we have kind taken over )she is fine about) but inviting prob more of his family that we may have not if it was just for Nixon... none of his extended family has met Nixon yet either and they are all very eager to.
    oh KLR reminds me i need to send u an e mail re: wedding dress dont i. ok onto it.
    oh secret santa would be fun! let us know if a post comes up about it so i dont miss out, i must have missed it last year.... i was browsing through some belly buddies (think sept) a while back and they all did a baby shower cringle thing. i dunno how they did but those wanting to participate must have drew names out and bought a present for one another, they were all going online at the same time after receiving their gifts to open them, i thought that was such a cool idea!

ok gonna go watch this Steve Irwin tribute thats on now

littlerigger Guest

just a quick one re naming: ryan is having a naming day on the first of october. its non religious & more about welcoming to the family, celebrating him etc. and everyone agreeing to help rause him in a family & moral way

forgot to add I got spoilt yesterday. Matt booked me a suprise 1 hour massage
    Last edited by littlerigger; September 6th, 2006 at 08:42 AM.

oh very nice Candy that would have have a very pleasant surprise!
    Funny Nixon's day is 1st oct too! (funnily last yr we originally wanted to get married on the 1st Oct but reception was booked, so we went the following w/e.)
    miserable day here in Melb, been for a walk the last 2 days but no such luck today. Gonna go to mums & bubs aerobics instead

Oooh we should have done a baby shower cringle thing!!!! There's a thread in Platinum general chatter (I think) about this years Secret Santa... if any other Junies are thinking of going Platinum this is an extra incentive!

Regarding our dead thing: It was in the roof, not under the house, and DH wants it known that he did the manly thing by crawling up there and removing it! Oh, and it was a possum. It's now buried. It still stinks a bit but that will dissipate... I gave him one of his mother's old Avon perfumes to spray around up there which we thought might deter the other possum family members from returning but he forgot and we heard the family returning this morning at about 5am after we DTD (I had to express my gratitude for him somehow LOL I certainly couldn't have done it). So that's dealt with and it's amazing how much better I feel.... the stink was really starting to affect my mood yesterday... really demotivating... now that it's gone I feel like cleaning the whole house... especially with this lovely soaking rain we are having! Candy: Oooh a massage, sounds wonderful! I bet you're feeling much better too after that!

Uh oh... Wade's just emerged from quietly painting his face with some unknown substance.... better go deal...

ETA: Mum's and Bubs aerobics sounds great on a day like this Nic... have fun
    Wade is now in the bath.... he had gotten into Verity's face painting kit.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Nic - Ally's "blessing" is on my Mum's 60th - so combined party too! What a coincidence.
    Candy - what a great hubby, give him a kiss from all the girls at BB, tell him we think he is a gem!
    Baths - ewwwwwwwwwwww! A dead possum, so glad hubby found / removed it. LOL at your 'thank you'...

I read in the gossip mags that Tom Cruise has apologised to Brook Sheilds over using anti-depressents for PND. Now he is a dad to his own biological child he may have finally seen how hard the birthing process can be for some.

Oooh, this is the weather i love... Only reason i didnt want it today is i wanted to do a massive wash, i have to pack as im flying to perth tomoro morning and have to pack today...

Nic, your so motivated, going for walks. I really cant be bothered, especially as i have to drag along 3...

No! It's not miserable, Nic! The grass is going to start growing nutrients again and my horse will bulk up!
    I thought I was going to have to cancel my plans to go to Ringwood (check out Baby Bunting for some accessories for my buggy) by train and get the car instead. I think I'll compromise and get the car to the premium station in the next town and get the train to Ringwood. Even if I drive the whole way, at least I'll get to Ringwood! I'm thinking some wet weather gear will allow me to get a brisk walk in there somewhere.
    I did something inexplicable yesterday. I went to visit my GF who now lives near me and I can get there by walking up a steep fire track. Done it before with Oscar in the HAB. Well. Didn't I get all perverse and decide that my buggy can go ANYWHERE? I pushed all of Oscar's 6kg + and the min 10kg buggy on the steep incline...with me at almost right angles to the ground and arms stretched straight out to push the whole way up! Lucky I had changed to a singlet before doing this cos I was just a little rosy when I got to her place...lucky her house is not far from the fire track gate or I may have rolled back down again!
    Dead possums - had this once in my parents' house. It was foul as anything and we couldn't figure out what it was (was our first year in the area, no possums where we previously lived). We sprayed air fresheners everywhere and now I can't stand certain air freshener smells! It was only when my dad went up to lay down some phenyl to repel the possums we knew where there afterwards that my dad found the dessicated body of the native rat thing that had decided to die up there...right near the wall vent of the study...where the strongest smell was months before, duh!
    Went round to meet DP at MIL's last night and I'm not sure if I got a dig. She's not prone to digs, so maybe it just came out. But she was talking about Oscar's cousin and said "(SIL's name) making sure I see a lot of (niece's name)". I still don't know the conversation that DP had with her about seeing Oscar. But then I thought, hang on, I'm a busy bee too! SIL is also used to having lots to do with MIL because she relied on her so much with the first two (she was a young mother with them), and will probably rely on her with the newest one when she's ready to go back to work. I'm not used to relying on anyone and I find it doesn't rest well with me to feel like I should be the one chasing up Oscar's granny. Yeah, she's busy, she is involved with a few things...so am I, and work is not one of them at the moment. Between my horse, fire brigade committments, riding club committments (had a meeting last night), and now getting involved with the ABA local group, I'm not exactly sitting at home waiting for company. When I am at home I'm enjoying not going anywhere and that would be the perfect time to come and enjoy Oscar, not expect me to chase people and take Oscar to THEM. I'd like him to be settled in his own home environment every once in a while, I can't assume he'll be ok by me taking him somewhere everyday. The thing is, I think MIl and I get along well, so I don't know what to make of all of this. I'll really have to extract things from DP! Vent over.
    the boy will wake soon, so I'll go to the loo while he's still quiet!

yes true true IK the rain is good for the grass/trees, actually we (well mainly dh) planted a heap of plants on the weekend so great for them!

LOL Bath you crack me up! DH will hope there are more dead possums he needs to get out of the roof if thats his reward!

CeeCee How funny combined 60th! what date is yours? I also heard that TomKat have finally showed some photos of Suri.

Simone- I hope you have an swesome time in perth, will u get online any time? Now ive booked my flight back to syd in a few weeks i am soooo excited about spending more time with my sister and her 2. And trying to get my dad to organise a get together of his cousin and his kids, who now also have babies and mum rekons the little boy (due same time nixon was) looks like Nixon (only a lot bigger he was neally 10pound)! That would be so funny to see i think that would make them like 4th or 5th cousins or something?!
    Oh and i so talk it up when i excersice because i havent done much so when i finally do its a big deal! You have 3, 2 of which are prob running around i have one thats very imobile still so does make a difference!

HI all,

Been a little busy at this end (not with anythign in particular) but the days seem to be just flying away.

I went out yesterday and bought some material to make some curtains and some material to make the inner liner of some AIO nappies, now i just have to go and borrow Mum's sewing machine.
    After having a long discussion yesterday with DH and my parents (who DH works for) we have decided that next year we are both going to work 3 days each and so we both get to spend time home with Tori and on the crossover day Mum will have her. I think it will be a nice opportunity for Pete and Tori to have some quality time together, which not all dads get the opportunity to do and it will also be good for my career.

Did ahole heap of cooking yesterday whuch was nice, a big pot of pumpkin soup, aate and walnut loaf and a chewy hinetm almond and sultana slice.

As for naming days, we havent picked a date yett but will probably have picnic at a lake about 40 mins out of perth which is halfway between where my family lives and where Pete's family is. This way we can keep costs down as Pete's family is HUGE and it will be nice and relaxed.

Anyway better go someone is wiggling for a feed

littlerigger Guest

very quick vent after a shopping trip:
    crowded food court in Westfield I'm trying to get past people with the pram to get to the parents room to give screaming Ryan a bottle accidentally hit a mans heel, only just mind you, and he said "watch where you're going you fing rude *****" and then "and shut that fing baby up"

me: "if you would get your fat inconsiderate a$$ out of the way I would" I was about to cry or punch him.

Then on the way out of the mall this little princess tart walked in front of the pram. I clipped her. Her comment "people with prams should have their own malls, they get in the way" I was so set to just run her down & jump on her head.

Locking and creating a new thread girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678