Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006

Hey guys!
    Found this bit of the forum - so hopefully all the June mummies will migrate over to here, once CeeCee and Tulip have their babies.
    Kellee - I think 9 days into June makes Toby a June baby by a long shot!

Welcome Kellee ! If your baby was due in May how many days overdue were you ?? Bet there was a lot of impatience there!
    As for sleeping , I no longer look at it as day and night - its now a 24 hour period , where every 4 hours Aneta wakes for a feed , lately she doesnt go back to sleep straight away but just stays awake and watches the world around her..

littlerigger Guest

I finally made it here!!!! I agree Enigma, 24 hour period split into sleep and awake. at least you get 4 hours though. I get 2.5 - 3 even with ryan on formula and on 120mls!!!

Hi everyone,

got a quick minute to do a post in here, Cody is having either a growth spurt or something, he seems to be feeding every 2hrs or so sometimes. Then when I think hes sleeping put him in bed, 5mins later he's screaming. This can go on for hours at a time.

Don't know whats wrong. Better go.

hugs xoxo

Welcome Candy!!! typing one fingered... holding Niall... will come back later... small dinner party here tonight... will have my first glass (or 2) of nice wine in ages.

littlerigger Guest

holding ryan typing one handed (necessary skill) just wanted to check in

ta for the wwelcome Bath!

Well I thought it was about time I stopped in the the babies thread. I cant believe that we have gone from being a belly group to a baby group.
    My job of the day is to fill out a form to try and get a parking fine waved that we recieved while I was in labour. The parking around the hospital is only 2 hour street parking, so when it came time to push & Deliever the baby our car had been parked int he same spot more than 2 hours- now I need to write an huge speil about why I dont think we should have to pay it! FUN
    Had a much better night last night, actually functioning like a human today.

littlerigger Guest

Ali - that's [email protected] about the fine. I can't see why they wouldn't waive it. I got a parking fine for parking in a no stopping zone at a hospital once cause a friends partner had died of a heart attack (he was 26) and after writing them a letter explaining the situation, they waived the fine etc. So fingers crossed for you.

How many of us are formula feeding??? I need to ask some questions....

Hi girls... rare moment of peace here... and my mother has gone out shopping which is giving me a significant mental break Niall is sleeping beside me... Wade is napping.

I hope all the June Bellies come in here to post every so often... Wouldn't it be great to have a printed and bound book of our June Bellies thread!? I'd even pay money for one LOL I cut and pasted significant events from it into my pregnancy journal (which will be printed for me as part of the Platinum package soon) but it's sad that such a big part of my life is soon to change but that's the way it is with babies: change change change! First timers don't underestimate how fleeting and precious these early days are! I'm even savouring the challenging bits because I know it'll be the last time. I'm not savouring my mother's impact though... counting the days!

She apparently had everyone working this morning: mind you after she had a sleep-in until 8.30am. But as soon as she got up she decided it was time DD scrubbed the bathroom etc etc etc and my DH apparently had to beg her not to vacuum the front part of the house whilst I was trying to catch up on some sleep. Yesterday I had to go out into the front yard in my pj's to "rescue" my hysterical toddler from a walk around the block that he didn't want to join her on! She was carrying him over her shoulder!!!! Now she wonders why he retreats from her all the time! He is a shy little boy at the best of times and the way she is constantly forcing him to do things is driving me nuts! Anyhow enough venting about her... 4 more days and counting!

Oh and on a positive note I've been using my hired breast pump and it's amazing!!!! Helps me fill a bottle's worth of milk each day which I freeze for future outings/emergencies etc. takes minutes (faster in the mornings when I'm engorged) instead of hours of equivalent manual/hand expressing time. Also some times I express off the watery first milk then attach Niall for the creamier "hind milk" which apparently helps them sleep for longer... not that he needs much help. it's more of a challenge trying to keep him awake during the day so that he sleeps better by himself at night. I brought him into bed with me again last night at about 3am... afterwhich he settled immediately... I was able to return to a shallower sleep myself so I'm not feeling too tired today. So far he hasn't cried for more than a few minutes at a time and usually that's only when he wakes from a sleep or has a nappy change. I know that most likely there will come a time soon when he'll be crying for long periods for no apparent reason... but if I can stay well rested I'm hoping to deal with that a bit better than previously.

Ok... better grab something to eat before Niall wakes. Looking forward to seeing CeeCee and Tulip in here too

Hi June baby mummies ! ...
    Candy - im feeding formula since day 1 , what questions did you have ??
    Does anyone know when our babies start seeing ? I know that they can see about 40cm from their face , but when will they be able to follow an object etc ?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi all,

Well, I would like to say "I'm finally here", but alas, no news yet.. will not complain about any prengancy symtoms here (I'm sure you would rather forget them).. but will let you know how I go with my natural induction methods... tonight I'm trying EVERYTHING, I've slept all day so as soon as DH comes home this is my plan: 15 mins nipple stimulation in bath, followed by DTD, then EPO (vaginally) and zinc (orally).

Spicy food does nothing for me (I've lived in a Mexican neighbourhood in San Francisco for the past 3 years - so chillies no longer have any effect on me). Can anyone think of anything else I can add to my plans tonight????

Hope you all get a good nights sleep and give your beautiful babies a kiss for me...

IK - I'm so glad your Mum has finally come over, your right, one step at a time..

Ali - good luck with the parking fine, I agree, so not fair!

woohoo go CeeCee ! ! I sat heaps on a fitness ball aswell , and I walked a lot ( all over the big shopping centres in Perth - more fun that way hehe )
    Fingers crossed for you ... it WILL happen - it has too !

littlerigger Guest

enigma - I posted in the bottlefeeding area too. Ryan seems to get constipated. He was constipated when we first started the S26 as 100% of his diet (I couldn't keep up with demand) and then he started throwing up (but was regular by this time) so it was recommended we try SMA which made his poos like fish tank gravel and there was blood on a couple So now we're back to the S26. I'd rather him throw up occaisionally (and not seem bothered by it) than have him crying in distress from being blocked up! Just wondering if you've had the same kind of problems and what formula was recommended to you & why....

Candy - the midwives & the pharmacist all recommended the nestle formula , apparantly its " lighter " than S26 and babies digest it easier.. So we have had Aneta on that since the beginning , so far she farts and burps like a pro and it seems to suit her well - knock on wood -
    My mum had my sister on S26 ( this was 16 years ago though ) and they had problems with her poos and gas for ages. Might not have been the formula - who knows with little babies ? ? ?

Tulip - I'll be checking the front pages of The West Australian everyday , expecting a huge announcement TANYA HAS GONE INTO LABOUR hehe Dont be put off by the fact that he hasnt engaged , seriously , Aneta was never more than 4/5 and I only had mild cramps and look what happened ... here , have some Labour Vibes LV LV LV

why oh why do all my tickers never work ? I just realized that this new ticker says she is 2 weeks and 3 days but show that she is 12 months.. grrr :P im ticker-unlucky

CeeCee - LV LV LV LV

Hi Girls Thought it was about time I joined in here, Welcome Kellee, they are a nice bunch in here. Off to my sisters tomorrow just overnight. I put a new photo in the website. Talk to you all next week, I promise to catch up properly.
    Nathan is feeding very well sleeps heaps. Night time I feed him at about 10.30pm which I am doing right now and then again at around 5-5.30am, so getting heaps of sleep myself. Got the baby blues although I am feeling better today. Having trouble coming to terms with not having anymore babies, Dh leave was revoked so he went back to work on monday as his off sider up and quit and left them in the lurch. Was looking forward to him being home to help out MIL and SIL came for a few days but went home yesterday morning, it was great to have them help but I was looking forward to just being home with the kids and DH. Ok got to go to bed night all.
    Dee

Dee, *hugs* I suspect I might go through a similar spell of feeling sad about not having anymore babies... I've already said to DH a couple of times words to the effect: "Well, if money ceases to be an issue I guess we could still adopt another child...." he agrees, he'd love more children but concedes that finacially it would be very very difficult and with my cholestasis complication it would make it slightly risky too (almost certain to return in subsequent pregnancies). Anyhow, please share your thoughts on the issue Dee... it's going to be in the back of my mind for a while to come too. However: good boy Nathan!!! Letting mummy get a good night's rest... Niall sleeps well but wakes up every 3 hours and needs to be brought into bed at about 3am each night to settle. I've got a feeling that the topic of sleep is going to be a hot one for many months to come LOL

hello all - lower case post cause i am holding flynn in one`arm and tyoing one handed - he is about to arch up for a feed any minute!
    no broadbnd yet - at a mate's place scumming some internet time.
    dee - sympathies to you with baby blues - like bath i imagine i would be sad if no more bubs were on the way.
    bth, i reckon sleep will be a big topic - i have been very lucky so far - flynn feeds (roughly) at 8pm, midnight-ish, 2-3 am and again between 5 and 8 depending on his mood but luckily doesn't have too much of a wind problem. but he hates!!! doing poo!
    gotta go luvvies - bub about to wake- more personals next time - you are all in my thoughts!!!

Bubby fed and now (hopefully) sleeping for good. We are trying a modified version of the "sleep right, sleep tight" controlled comforting with Flynn and so far it seems to be working. Basically if he gets upset while lying in his cot we pat him or talk to him till he settles, sort of like the book recommends, but we are not strict on the time limits suggested (ie: let him cry for 30 seconds before settling). We just do what feels right and what we are comfortable with. But good thing is so far he is falling asleep on his own in his cot (not sure how long that will last though!!)

Amanda, Flynn went through a 2 hourly feed day last week - I think he was having a growth spurt too.

Well, not much to report at my end other than that Flynn is totally fake at the moment - the only thing that makes him cry seems to be hunger, wind, poo or wee. Rest of the time he either sleeps or looks around. If its poo or wee bothering him, he stops crying as soon as he is on his back and pants are off, kind of like he knows the discomfort is about to end. He doesn't cry if he is being changed, which is lucky.

gotta go - boy is mooching for a cuddle and feed

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast