Default Babies Born June 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-10-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Thanks Astrolady!! *hugs*

*sigh* ah back on line so are you still there June buddies?? Anyone??? Helllloooooooooooooooo????

been a while since last post as ive had no phone line hence no internet for a while...

will post a catch up 2morrow some time. plenty to tell.

ciao dragonstorm
    carn the pies

Hi,

I'm still here!!!! Has been a while hasn't it?

Lewis is doing great, he's a cheeky little boy but really good in general. He still loves cars of course, but now trucks and buses too. He has come out of his shell quite a bit and loves people and he's the first one up to dance at his class that he goes to once a week. His speech still isn't great though, I'm reading Baby Talk at the moment to try and encourage more words. I think the fact he says 'whats that' all day long stops him from trying new words He probably only says about 10 words max.

Regarding TTC, still no luck am feeling pretty down about it now but at least I have one little bubba to keep me busy for now.

Anyway hope everyone else is doing well, we will soon have more baby news from Teepee and Celsie, it's gone so quick! Okay, maybe not for you two....

HI all, still here, haven't been well recently so not been online much. Angus is lovely and such fun, hope you're all enjoying your littlies as much as I am mine.

Hello all

Everyone must be so busy these days as its been pretty quiet in here

Celsie we have been pretty slack, dont even have a will yet, but we have discussed it and decided that my sister (who is also Mikayla's godmother), if she agrees, would be guardian to our kids. She's single but is financially stable and most importantly mentally stable and sensible! I, like the others, dont believe that the guardians or godparents for that matter should necessarily be family - after all what we want most is for our children to be happy and well looked after right? Your parents (or more to the point your mother) should respect your decision and not pressure you to choose someone that your really dont feel comfortable with!! - How's the pregnancy going? Hope the GD isnt causing too many problems for you xx

Sarah sorry to hear the TTC isnt going exactly to plan. I know how you feel, we tried on our own but eventually had to go back to the clinic. I really hope things are easier for you this time than they were when you were trying for Lewis xx Would love to catch up again once I've settled with the new baby - Lewis must have grown up so much since last time!!

Things have been a little rough here lately. Mikayla isnt really sleeping which of course means neither are we!!! She had a great run when we first put her into her big bed when she turned 1 but the last couple of months she has gone back to coming into our bed at about 2-3am. The last month or so has been especially tough - she really thrashes around in her sleep and cries throughout the night (while still alseep). Its a similar sleeping pattern to what we went through when she was about 6-8 months old. I'm starting the think she's having bad dreams/night terrors again

Apart from that she's such a happy little girl. She just doesnt stop talking and loves to dance and sing. She actually knows the words to most songs on all the kiddie programs as well as a couple of Pink songs (she really does amaze us sometimes!)

AFM..... I am absolutely HUGE!!!! and totally over this pregnancy! After some scans and serious discussions we've come to the conclusion with my OB that I'll have to have an elective c/section. My pelvis appears to be too small and with my history (Mikayla's heart rate dropping and having to have an emergency c/s last time) he thinks that an elective is the safest option for both myself and bubs. And he also said this bub is definitely going to be bigger than Mikayla was! Sooooooo the little one will be making its way into the world on 9th April I tell you what, I'm in so much pain (hips) and discomfort that the next 3 weeks cant come quick enough!!! This baby is pushing its arms and legs so hard against me that I'm sure its trying to break through!

Will try to come in here more often but if I dont get a chance I'll definitely be in touch after bubs arrives.... when I'm a mother of 2 under 2!!! OMG WHAT AM I DOING????

Sarah I should still have your number from when we met up so will put you on our sms list (if you want to be of course :P) Otherwise I'm sure those of you on facebook will see the special announcement on there!

Oooh yes Tina I would love to be on the sms list, there's nothing like receiving a new delivery text!! 9th April sounds like a fine date to me, will be thinking of you.

Sorry to hear about Mikayla's possible night terrors. Must be awful, is there anything that can be done about that?
    Re: her comng into your bed, my sister solved that problem by buying my niece a bed with a little ladder. She wasn't allowed to get down the ladder by herself so was effectively 'stuck' in bed all night It worked a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And on the TTC note, it seems a minor miracle has occurred. Just yesterday I received a Would you believe it???!!! A natural conception after 5 months. We are still in shock and obviously very scared and nervous, but it looks like I maybe real soon . No mention on FB though Tina as it is top secret for now. You guys are the first to know

Okay enough with the silly smilies.

OMG SARAH!!!! Congratulations thats awesome news!!! I have goosebumps Thats just amazing after all you went through last time. I'm soooooo happy for you!!!! Dont worry about facebook - I wont say a word

Just had to pop in and say!!!

WOO HOO SARAH!!!

I'm just SO happy for you!!!!

Will come back and post later and read everyone elses posts too....

Thanks girls, am praying its a sticky one

Now as for you Miss Tina...

How dare you have your little one on the 9th and leave me hanging till the 20th or beyond!!! I'm SO jealous!!!

I just had a trip to the hospital. I had numbness and tingling on my RHS and nearly passed out in the car. Turns out to be some freaky pregnancy migraine and my blood sugar levels going through the roof. I was kinda, sorta, not really seriously.... hoping it was my blood pressure and they'd induce me.

I'm just about to get stuck into the RLT and EPO. I want this baby born in the next two weeks or else!!! It's measuring a week ahead, so it will be measuring at 37 weeks as of Monday. Close enough I say!!!

Sorry Celsie but I just cant stand it any longer - this baby has to come out soon or I'll burst at the seams... literally! At my last OB appt bub was measuring 2 weeks ahead so you can just imagine how HUGE I am!!!

Hope you're feeling better - I get numbness in my thighs but I think thats more a case of being too fat LOL But in all seriousness, I hope you dont have any more spells and the rest of your journey is safe and most importantly "comfortable"!! Hope the GD is under control too xx

Sarah this WILL be a sticky one but sending you truck loads of anyway!!!

I think Mikayla is starting to realise something is up. We told her she's going to be a big sister so now when someone asks her what she's going to be when the baby comes she says "shista" with the biggest grin on her face!! She also says "baby coming soon" - very cute!!
    Last edited by teepee2; March 22nd, 2009 at 09:33 PM.

hi all
    well thought I better finally post my face back in here since we are now expecting #2 and Sarah we may even be in the same belly buddies thread - we are due on the 11th according to the scan last week

as for Jackson he is growing so fast, talks non stop and runs everywhere - he has about 40 words now but his two favourite seem to be arno and matty for his two little friends at day care , speaking of he's just started screaming his head off when we drop him off in the morning - its so painful and makes my heart break each morning

looking forward to hearing your baby news Tina and Celsie

hope everyone else is well - will read all the posts and pop back later

Mel

Congratulations Mel! And Jackson sounds like a right little chatterbox!

I'm not sure what's happening with me to be honest. I'm supposedly 5 weeks pregnant but when I went to GP on Tuesday the urine test was negatve. I got my HCG count today and it was only 63, the range is 1-160 apparently for this stage.

However she doesn't want to repeat the blood test for 10 days which says to me she doesn't think I wil still be pregnant by then. HCG doubles every 2/3 days so why would she want to wait that long to test me again. It's really frustrating and I'm sure the stress is not doing me any good. So now we play the waiting game

Can you all send me please??!

Congratulations Mel!!! Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Sarah - try to stay strong and have a little faith that everything will be okay. I'm sending you all the I can muster. I'll say a prayer for your little one tonight. Huge hugs!

Welcome back Mel and congrats on the pregnancy - hope all is going well xx

Sarah I know the waiting is stressful but try to keep positive hun. My HCG this time was quite low too and I wasnt expecting it to work out but thankfully it did. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and sending you all the you can handle!! If you need to chat you know where I am xx

sending you so many Sarah - hugs to you lovely I wish you all the very best

well off to pick up my cranky little man from day care - argghhh I hope this clingy cranky thing is just a phase - please please tell me it is

Love Mel

Hi,

Not good news from me

My hcg has dropped to 34 as of yesterday, so this pregnancy is not viable. I'm having a scan on Tuesday which hopefully won't show an eptopic pregnancy. If it's a blighted ovum will have to wait for it to come to an end naturally or have a d&c.

Seems it was all too good to be true. Will keep you posted.

I'm off to eat brie, sushi and anything else that I haven't been eating lately

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast