Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

Default Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 1st to 15th 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found at http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-2-a.html

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

First to post!

Jazz's farts are getting more stinky, she's worse than her dad now!!!
    She isn't rolling over yet, should she be? She still hates tummy time but I try to do it for a short time a few times a day, she's trying to roll over and gets her head up higher.

My sister gave me her Jolly Jumper and Jazz loves it! I hang it from my bedroom door coz it is next to the lounge. I was at the other end of the hall, our house is open so I can see her from almost anywhere. She was stepping and trying to get to me. She gets so excited while she's bouncing around!

Getting more vocal giggles now, I've found something that unless she's in a bad mood always gets her laughing, I rub my nose on her bare belly while I'm changing her and make ba ba noises at the same time and she just goes nuts!

Counting down to Thursday!

Oh yeah, forgot to say. I have an interview and skills testing at a temping company on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

Good luck Danni.

MJ rolled for the first time yesterday evening, of course she hasnt done it again since, but gets really annoyed as she knows she can now. WOO HOO - so Danni, no Jazz doesnt need to be doing it yet, many babies dont do it until later, like when they are 4 months, so dont worry.
    Babies do things at different rates anyway, some are better at gross motor, or fine motor or language, some just sit and wtch, putting it all together in their heads and then all of a sudden do loads.
    I wouldnt be concerned at all.
    re the JJ - i thought they needed to be a bit older so they didnt get whiplash - not enought head support, i could be wrong thou

re-building the back porch today, hope the rain stays away, i really need my washing line back

Oh and decided not to go out tonight, MJ wont take the bottle and although i could go after her last feed, i would worry to much that she would wake.

I had a call from the lady from day care. She's had Tuesdays open up so Jazz is starting on Tuesday instead of Thursday. That works out really well coz I have a very busy day on Tuesday with the interview and other things. But then in August there is 5 weeks of Tuesdays that she already promised to another lady so I will either have to make other arrangements if I'm working or not work on Tuesdays then. But at that same time Mondays come available and by the end of the year we'll be able to have her in care Mon-Thurs which will be good.

Keep your fingers crossed girls hubby went for a job interview on Friday they rang as son as they got his cv and also rang a reference before they even rang him hope it turns out.
    Will is still sleeping through the night though manages to get his hands out of his wrap every night at 4am *L* he is still asleep and happily lets me wrap him back up and goes back to sleep..

Big belly laughs happening now too and is ticklish under his arms. He's been rolling over for a while now and the last couple of days sits bolt upright on my lap with no support when we read books of a night. I feel the whole thing flashing before my eyes he has grown so very much I have loved every minute of having him and can understand why people keep going back and back I wish my body would stand up to a a large family I really do.Have uploaded new pics in gallery.

Its freezing here a proper winters day with lite sleet.am loving it .

What have you guys been up to this weekend?
    Danni sounds like its al happening for you work wise good luck hope you get some temp work soon.
    SJ hows thing with DSS? hope they have settled down a little sorry you arent getting to go out tonight
    Anybody got some new pics of their bubs woudl love to see as they must have all grown so much Off to do dinner home made burgers yum
    Bron xx

Hi girls,

Hubby and I went out last night and his parents looked after DJ. I so needed the night out so it was good. I missed him but knew he was in good hands. DJ is now full-time on formula and I feel so much happier in doing it. I got really emotional last night when out with friends feeling like a failure for giving it up but they just reminded me that I need to do what is best for me and bub. Doni is feeding DJ at the moment so it is good to feel that I am not the only food provider

doh I can't remember what was on the other thread.....

SJ - great news about Molly rolling over for the first time, that is very exciting.

Danni - good luck for your interview on Tuesday.

Well girls, off to relax with my hubby and DJ - just watching foxtel tonight.

Shell xxx

Work was ok today, summy was happy and i got DH to bring her to me about an hour and half before i finished so i fed her and all was good didn't bother making a bottle for DH to give her, all my girls didn't like having a bottle to begin with i don't want to give her formula and seeing as though i only work 4 or 5 hours i can manage it hopefully, not that i have anything against formula i just want to bf for as long as poss as this is my last bubba.

LOL on leaving your keys SJ i am really really forgetful at the moment i have so many things happening i am scared of leaving Summy somewhere hehe. This morning when i left i took my car with bub seat when i was meant to take DH's car so had to turn around then i left again and forgot to get my work keys off my keyring then left again and found the dog up the end of the street so had to bring her home DOH!!

Glad you had a nice night shell and don't feel bad for FF you need to do what is right for you motherhood is full of guilt unfortunately if it isn't about feeding its about something else you're doing a great job so it doesn't matter what sort of feed it is.

Bron good luck to hubby on the job sounds promising. We did the soccer rounds today and it is Tahnie's birthday so i gave her pressies and gave her money to spend at Toys r us on whatever she wanted she is such a girl and loved the shopping so much. She turned 5 what a big girl seems like yesterday she arrived in the middle of moving from the south coast. Tomorrow i am going to look at a horse.

Summy rolls from back to tummy nearly every time she is put down now and is trying to sit up i swear when you want them to be a baby for as long as possible they do things faster but when you want them to do something they take forever!! She is a giggle monster too and she would quite happily have me talk to her all day. Bought her a cute toy today, it is a soft banana thingy that you can hang and you can peel the sides down which are crinkly and mirrors on the feet (i hope you understood that) but anyways she just loves it, she isn't really into any toys so glad i found it.

I am off for a cuppa then to bed.

hello girls!

havent had a chance to get onto the pc, we were in spore for 3 days.. plus my bro's pc is an ancient one that's sssssoooooooo slow and problems with bb didnt help either.

ive been reading the personals, glad everything is going well.

shell - dont feel bad about being ff, dj's happy isnt he?
    sj - hooray on mj's roll
    bron - all the best on dh's interview
    danni - glad to day care is working out!
    trina - summer is such a smart girl!

things are ok here, im glad to see everyone but my parents are startign to drive me crazy with their arguing and being negative. and im tired of ppl tactless saying how much weight ive put on - 'you've grown horizontally' ' are you competing with steve' these were from men, but fathers. and then last nite we had a family party and my cousin walks up to me and the first thing she says is 'you've put on a lot of weight' so i told her very rudely 'i just had a baby, what do you expect' she's a stupid cow who's in her 50s and has 2 kids.
    sorry have to run.. will try to post more often.. it's a bit hard as my bro is studying for his mba finals..
    always thinking of you all/. xoxoxox

I had a terrible night. Jazz went to sleep at 9 which is normal, then she woke up at 1am. Then she woke up every 2 hours after that. At 6am Matt suggested maybe she's cold. Silly me put her to bed in her sleeping bag thinking as always that would be fine, meanwhile I put an extra doona on our bed. So at 6 I put a blanket over her while she was in her sleeping bag, gave her some gripe water and a dummy and she went back to sleep until 7:30. I guess she was cold. (I feel bad now). She's having a nap at last and I had a bit of a nap too. I've left her in her clothes and put 2 blankets on her. No sleeping bag though.

My parents were over for dinner last night. We had pasta bake. Mum had some sauce on her finger and gave it to Jazz...she loved it, so mum did it again. As soon as Jazz saw the sauce on mum's finger, she reached forward and grabbed mum's finger in her mouth. She kept doing this about 3 or 4 times and Jazz was loving it, then I said it was time to stop. Does that mean she might be almost ready for solids? I know they say to wait until 6 months, but every baby is different right?

Hey all.

Been busy the last couple day's & now I'm paying for it trying to keep up with all your posts!

Danni - Don't worry. She'll roll when she's ready. My girls didn't til they were 4 months or more. That's the normal age. Jesse hasn't done it since. He's tried, but isn't too worried.
    I wanna get a jolly jumper for Jesse. He's sick of sitting & being on his back. Had both the girls in one at around 3 months for the same reason. They are recommended for over 6 months, but I never had any probs. I think that's more for bub's who are a bit slower with head control & stuff.
    We give Jesse little tastes of things all the time, but you can't start solids til they are 4 months. No earlier. They can't digest it properly yet. 6 months is recommended, but other than showing interest in food they have a toungue reflex that pushes food out of their mouths. Once this is gone they are ready. As you said, every baby is different. Between 4 & 6 months.

Shell - I'm glad the ff is going well for you. Enjoy the freedom. I feel like I can't leave Jesse for 5 minutes in case he wants a feed! He's been biting alot the last 2 days & I think he's teething. I keep threatening him with the bottle!! He just grins & keeps on biting. Little bugger!!

India - It's freezing here too. Yesterday was real windy & cold. Must've been snowing somewhere. Hope DH gets the job.

All girls - I know what you mean. I think the more kids you have, the faster the baby grows up. Who wants to be a baby when you can be up running around with the big kids!?!
    Jesse is ticklish everywhere. Under his arms, under his chin, the little roll above his knee, his feet!

Prama - people can be so insensitive can't they. Especially men! My SIL is copping the same. She's Mauri & every time ahe goes back to NZ all the relo's go on at her - 'what happened to you, you were the skinny one'! How cruel. I think she might have a thyroid prob though. I'm trying to get her to get checked out, but you know what mum's are like. Only go to the doc if the kids need to go.
    I have one worse than the one you are talking about with 2 kids.
    There's an old girl back home who sat one of my mates down when she was 7 months pg & told her labour doesn't hurt!!!
    'If you do what the midwifes say, it won't hurt! All these people who say it does just are sooks!'
    I nearly wacked her!!!
    She's NEVER had kids.

Anyway. I think I'm caught up now. Oh by the way, pregnancy brain is one thing, baby brain is SO much worse! I left my kitchen tap running the other day & sat down to feed Jesse. Smart! I'm always forgetting stuff. I am slowly getting over it now though.

Forgot - I posted some photo's
    Last edited by ~clover~; June 22nd, 2008 at 07:55 PM.

Prama!!!! What a b*tch sorry but that is rude... Good on you for saying that it feels good when you stand up for yourself but bad at the same time. Some people that don't have kids have no idea i had a fight with a friend (well i thought we were friends) She got really angry that i didn't want to drive to Singleton on Tahnies birthday she said "you see her every day" i could have smacked her one she was sooooo angry i had worked all morning then she wanted me to go for the rest of the day I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

BJ i have done that with the bath and the kitchen sink, start filling them and start vacuuming oops!! quite often. I have days that are worst than others prob when i have had less sleep. I am wondering if Summy is thinking about teething as her bottom gums are a little swollen and she is dribbling so much that i have to change her several times (i seem to forget to put a bib on all the time esp when out) this has happened with the other girls before and still no teeth until much later but the teething symptoms lasted a long time.

Danni, the feeding age has been different with each of my kids, it was 4months with #1. It's funny you kinda know when they are getting ready as they really watch you eating i don't want my baby to eat yet its all going too fast plus when they do eat IT IS BLOODY MESSY!!!! food in every crack of their body all over the high chair.......

I think i have jabbered enough...

Prama, great to hear from you, sorry that people are so rude to you ... i cant believe people would be that insensitive!
    Bron - fingers crossed for your DH - i really hope for both of you he gets a good job, he sounds like he was not appreciated in the last one...

Got a real laugh out of MJ yesterday, it was sooo nice and it melted my heart

got a new washing line today ( retractable hills hoist), the porch was finished yesterday, i am soooo happy, did 3 loads of washing today even though it has peed down all day ( washing line is undercover.

Took MJ swimming today for the first time, she loved it and kicked her legs the whole time we were there.
    DSS was with us too, he got a kick out of it and loves swimming.
    Bron things are going ok... its hard not knowing when he will be coming, but it is so positive for him when he is here, that i dont want to be negative about him coming iykwim... we are having him about 6 nights a fortnight - which is nearly a 50% split now, massive change from 3 nights a fortnight, doesnt sound much, but when you are learning to be a mummy and all those changes, having that as unpredicatble as it can be at times is really trying and i have even less time for me now. thanks for asking
    gotta go, im sooo tired

Prama, I'm so sorry for the comments people are making. It's like people either forget or have no idea that your body changes after having a baby. My hip bones are a different shape. When I was almost due the leather shop near us had a closing down sale so I bought a pink leather skirt (on DH's advice) for $30 marked down from $80 or something like that. Now DH keeps saying that I need to work on things to try to fit into it...it would fit me around the waste but because my hip bones have changed I can't get it past them. It's not weight which can be taken care of, it's bone which I can't do anything about and DH just doesn't get it.

Morning girls,

How are we all? I am feeling sooooo good with my decision to move to formula. Not having to worry about what I am eating and how it will affect DJ, or worrying about how he is always latching on and off etc ahhhhh I feel really energised this morning Like a weight is lifted from my shoulders.

Prama - that is so insensitive of what they said to you Very inconsiderate and I would have responded the same way as well.

Trina - wow to Summer rolling over heaps - that is fantastic news!!!

Skye - thanks I am feeling much better for my decision now - almost a sense of relief.

SJ - ooooh that is sooo sweet, I want to take DJ swimming as well, can't wait. Sounds like she enjoyed herself.

Well girls, I need to do some work around here so I can meet up with a friend for coffee later

Shell xxxx

hi girls, thanks so much for your words of support. i know ppl are just so insensitive. i just have to be rude back to them.

danni dont feel bad about not putting enough layers. i know i feel bad sometimes when i think i did enough but actually didnt. there's no way we can know beforehand. we just learn along the way, and now you know the number of layers and all. so you're doing great!
    sorry about the skirt, it's hard when your body changes shape as well doesnt it. and it's not just the weight. and it sux when you cant fit into your clothes. my friend cant fit into her old shoes anymore, she said her feet have gotten bigger since pg. (her son's a yr older than poopy)

skye - poopy rolled 2 weeks ago and rolled to his side last week and hasnt done anymore. i guess they do it slowly at first. i dont expect him to be doign it everyday..
    i cant believe that girl said labour doesnt hurt!!!! boy, is she in for a big shock when she has a baby.
    i just dont understand how women whohave had kids forget how it was like for them with weight and all. maybe they feel better belittling others cos they feel insecure abt themselves.

trina - gosh, some ppl dont get kid's birthdays dont they.. how selfish!
    i forget things too. the other day i was driving out of rhodes shopping centre and as i got out of the car park, i panicked that i couldnt find my car keys, couldnt feel them in my pocket. only after a few mins i realised, they were in the ignition!!!
    have you started to look for a house yet?
    poopy i sdirbbling everywhere! but i dont think he's teething, he just chews on his fingers.

sj - hooray with mj's swimming!! i cant wait to take poopy when we go back. and glad things are better w dss.

shell - hooray! im so glad you're feeling great abt FF. you're doing fantastic!
    looks like vanessa might cancel the tuesday classes as well,huh?

i just joined the Fitness First here, it's abt 10mins drive from my parents, adn they had a good deal with free a\membership fee adn all. plus with the exchange rate it's not so expensive. i'll do it while im here. ive also signed up for a personal trainer. im hoping to lose min5kgs if not 8kgs while im here, tho it's hard in 2 mths.

gotta go.. poopy is startign to want a feed. Stve flies back to syd tom. im going to miss him like hell.

Prama - just so you know, she won't be having any kids. She's in her 60's. I wish though!
    She also ririculed Jaz when she was 3 & wet her pants one night. I nearly lost it with her then. Jaz was playing & the toilet was a fair way away & she just didn't think about it. She was 3.
    Anyway, later on, she went & asked Eve - the old bitty - if she could help her cut the boiled eggs Eve said no, coz you wet your pants & that's dirty. Jaz said please again & she said no. this is for big girls & big girls don't wet their pants. Off you go.
    I steer clear of her as much as possible now. & she used to be a nanny! Poor kids.

I'm completely anal! When I did the paperwork this morning for daycare, the lady asked me to write a bit of a schedule and bring it with me in the morning when I drop Jazz off. So I typed a very detailed one page "report" LOL. I guess it's better to have too much information than not enough though.

Great news!!! DJ rolled from his tummy onto his back Yipeeee so his first roll at 3.5 months old Was very proud I was

Prama - great job on gym membership, you will feel better and with a personal trainer I won't recognise you when you return

Better go, DJ is waking up from his nap.

Shell xx

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast