Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

Default Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 1st to 15th 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found at http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-8-a.html

I'm the first, I'm the first!!
    Ner ne ner ne ner ne!!!!!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Arrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Tantrums and tears again this morning. Jazz worked herself up to such a histerical state that she made herself sick again just as we were leaving the house. Thankfully we were near tiles and she gave enough warning for me to move closer to the tiles and for me to hold her an arms length away from me so I didn't wear any (considering I was dressed for work).

I think it's just teething which is making her sooky and wanting lots of attention, then she wacks on a turn and gets histerical if we don't give her undevided attention.

I really don't want to take a day off this week because my boss is away, but I might have to take Friday off or at least leave early if this continues. I'll take her to the doctor just to make sure it isn't anything more than teething. She's still eating fine so I am certain she doesn't have gastro, plus her poo is normal.
    Her cheeks are red and she is constantly chewing on her fingers or whatever else she can put in her mouth, but she wont let us touch her gums and will clamp her mouth shut when we try...another reason I think it's teething again. I can't get anywhere near her with teething gel and this morning I had to literally hold her down while I forced some nurofen down her throat. I don't want to have to do that, but I know that she's in pain and needs it.

I'm also thinking that I'll book her in for a flu shot because I saw on the news that there's a really dangerous one expected in winter and they are strongly recommending children aged 6months to 9 years old get vaccinated. I might see about the shot myself. I wonder if Jazz will take the needle more easily if she sees me getting one too? Probably wont make a difference to a one year old.

I hope this stage doesn't last much longer. I want my happy girl back.

You just reminded me Danni!
    I still have to rebook Jesse for his 12 month needles!

Ok, 2.30 next Friday.

Sorry Danni, I think it sounds like she is teething. I have to hold Jesse down to give him panadol/nurofen as well. Or once I got him a really small bottle of milk & put it in there.
    I hope she's better soon.

Yep, I think it was teething. Last night she flaked it on Matt's lap at 7:15pm...didn't even have a bath (that's normally at 7:30)... I don't really like it when she flakes like that because she gets a nappy change at daycare at 5pm and then I don't change her again until I get her ready for her bath, so when she woke at what ever time it was in the middle of the night (I can't remember), I changed her then while she was having her bottle.

This morning she was almost back to her normal happy self. Still a bit clingy, but no tantrums and no vomit!

And, for the brief second that she let me put my finger in her mouth, I think I felt another tooth so I guess that is what all the drama was from...that's the worst she's ever been with teething.

I got some Brauers teething and Brauers calm stuff last night so I'll try that tonight (the calm at the very least). Though I'm meant to be going out tonight so Matt will have to deal with her.

My girls always had a harder time the more teeth they got.
    Jaz got her 2 year old molars at 13 months & had the worst nappy rash I've ever seen.

Oh, I've been instructed by Madam Jaz that she would like her nickname to be Jazz, not Jaz. So don't go gettin confused between me & Danni, lol!

Well we've been using terry cloth nappies for a week tomorrow. Got my first MCN from Arimeh yesterday, there's a pic in my gallery & on FB. Its so cute! Love it!!
    Should have more arriving today or tomorrow....exciting!!!

No more teeth here yet...still stuck on 6. Way behind the girls! I think Bri had her 2yo molars at 11 months, so he's heaps slower!

Little boof head is getting very destructive! He was bashing Elmo with a book earlier, then went at the scales with his little cricket bat! Oh, & he's started play kicking! Its funny. He can't actually lift his leg, so he makes a grunting sound & just kinda steps forwards!

way to go skye, fluffy mail is sooo exciting isnt it!

Mj has started to voice her frustration and act out, it must be so hard for them at this age, wanting to do and say, but limited as they havent got the skills yet. She has started lashing out and aching her back - sort of throwng herself to the floor. I try not to respond to it, but feel so sad for her, she just is having a hard time atm... poor thing, i think that she may also have some more teeth on the move, she still only has 2 bottom teeth and 4 up top, so maybe some more soon.

I have started swimming again YAY!!!
    DH came home at 7.30pm on Tuesday and so i went off to the poo (MJ had just going to bed) and tonight she is with Nanna and Tic Toc, so i have mowed the lawns and am off again to the pool.
    Its harder in the evenings, but its just great to swim again, i managed 1km on Tues, but had to stop as i got a sore knee, have strapped it now, so hopefully its OK.

hope everyone else is well

It's been quiet here.

Jazz has a viral rash and a middle ear infection

Poor Jazz.

I'm comin down with the flu. Feel like crap.

Jesse fell over this morning & bit his toungue. Blood everywhere, nice. Then he climbed up on one of the girls camping chairs & came off & busted himself again! He found ratsak last night too. Bloody boys!

Went & looked at a house today. Don't think its worth what they want for it, but we put an application in anyway. We'll see.

It has been quiet Danni think everybody has been sick really. WIll has had a chest infection after having his needles first lot of antibiotics Ive been sick..been too tired to write too much than little comments on facebook *L* NOt nice having sick bubbas when you cant do to much for them HOpe your ok you were mighty annoyed about something on FB.Am sorry ot hear about hubbys buisness not workign out
    Skye you not happy with the place you are in?
    SOunds like the kids ar ein the wars at your place..not great looking after kids when you feel like crap huh.
    Got to go pick up my boy he had his 2nd over nighter with granmad. HUbby and I went out to celebrate anniversary and my birthday next weekend ( he will be in ENgland) great night at a local irish pub good food and toe taping music.

Hey prama hun hows things?? you have been reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally quiet and worry a bit with your pnd hope all is ok
    Hola to everybody else have sort of being keeping track on fb hope all are well xx

Oh Danni
    Take care of yourself...

Very quite in here, MJ bit her fingers for the first time today... loads of tears

Well, Jazz has now been completely off formula and has been since Thursday night. She's having lactose free cows milk. Normal cows milk was giving her terrible wind so I'll try it again in 6 months. For the most part she's down to 3-4 bottles in a 24 hour period and trying to just give them to her as drinks, not food. Also, she has really specific times that she has bottles, otherwise if she's thirsty she gets offered water first. She's now drinking about 2 full cups of water most days.

Hi guys.
    I know it has been quiet in here. I would post more often, but I'd probably be talking to myself

Bron, I like our house, but we have no yard for the kids. I would stay here for alot longer, but with no yard & no bath tub its not easy. The kids have swings & a tramp, but we have nowhere to put them.
    I'm trying to get somewhere a bit bigger too. Kids stuff & toys are over crowding us atm! We need more space!
    Kids are all good. Jesse's been in the wars lately...thinking he can climb chairs etc, & Bri's got the flu, but they are all good

Jesse refused boob to sleep tonight. It broke my heart. I was always scared of the day he stopped. I know he's probably just having an off night, but it hurt. I feel kind of like I'm not needed, so whats the point in me being here iykwim?

Prama - thinking of you.

Danni - I hope Matt sorts himself out soon. I know how you feel. You can get past this & you'll know what's right

SJ - I'm so jelouse of you swimming. I used to love swimming. The local coach offered me free training back in high school, coz I was actually good at it. The early morning starts, then school were too cold for me though I really miss it. I could just swim laps for hours....

Hope every one else is well. Trina, Teach, Jo, Shell. Thinking of you all!

hi girls..

so sorry i have been mia.. i actually havent been receiving any updates and didnt realise this was a new thread!! d'oh!
    but i also havent been actively checking the posts.. been trying to post since the weekend but just couldnt get around to it. so so sorry.. i've been thinking of you all and feeling awful for not writing and been thinking also we are so quiet..
    i wouldnt want us to go too quiet, we used to post so much. i want us to be best friends and not fizzle out... and im so sorry for not being better..

im feeling much better, got my voice back but still persistent phelgm and cough. and now poopy's sick again. he's teething and been having a fever and runny nose. it's been one thing after another...
    steve has to go away to darwin for a couple of days next week.. sigh.

danni - sounds like you are having a rough time.. poor jazz... we use the hyland teething tablets and they work at the start.. but not everytime. but it does really help

skye - boy the boys really start showing off dont they!!!
    i hope it was just a one off not wanting the boob.. it's scary when they reach that stage of self weaining...

SJ - I cant wait to go back to swimming, it's been too long. im seriously thinking of going back to the gym.. have to in april. cousin;s wedding come up and need to get trim.
    when do you leave for the uk?

bron - have a good time1!! going anywhere special?

we are going to canberra for steve's birthday in may. jsut for the weekend, with mil. it will be nice to have a family holiday and for mil to spend some quality time w poopy. we want to take him to the war memorial and expose him to his heritage and that his grandfather and great grandfather fought in both wars, and my uncle fought in spore in ww2.

i better go, have a meeting soon.

love you all very much and so sorry again for not posting..

It never ends. I finally thought Caitlin was over all of her sickness and then I pick her up from netball creche this morning and they tell me they think she has hand foot & mouth. Don't know where she got it from because she hasn't seen anyone for 3 weeks because she has been sick. Maybe she picked it up at the doctors office. Seeing the GP today to confirm it but i googled it and I am pretty positive that she has it. Not happy Jan! Now another 2 weeks of being cooped up until it clears up.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast