Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #6

Hi all,

Sarah - LMAO on Zander with the water. Jenna too is an outside girl. She will often point at the door and say - "pay" which we think means play - but she also says it I think to means please, so hmmmm. Its cute when they get wet though, only not on a cold day.
    How cute is Tehya! Will she be a girly girl do you think? Will she have any choice?? Did you ever find her bracalet? I amthinking of gettingJenna one, she loves jewellery to the point where she will carry mine around the house. Not that I'm not playing netball anymore I can grow my nails again and wear my jewels, so getting her a little siler bracelet might be a goer.
    How annoying on the pub Deb. There have been a couple of places that have bought Jenna's dinner out early - I was very impressed. I think the wharfshed did it once. Very happy mummy and daddy there Shame our meal was crap that day.

Well we had our first open home yesterday, and another today. We had only 2 through, but apparently a woman came through who loved it! And also 2 was more than this agent had to any of her other properties. Its only open for 30mins, so its not too painful, but it does mean our house is spotless at the moment.
    And we had 2 injuries yesterday and I ended up playing a full game in WA - GRRRR. I have badly strained a tummy ligament, and I'm in excrutiating pain. Shane is even suggesting that I take tomorrow off, but I want to wander around the waterfront market today, so I think that would be a little naughty..... So after that, definitly, definitly my last game. I can't afford to injure myself and be laid up. Everyone panics about the baby, but I'm more worried about me!!!
    I hope everyone is doing well - Tanya, how are things with you?

Fi

Fi, definately no more games girl. Ouchies on your stomach muscles. I would go with a silver braclet for Jenna too. Atleast it won't cost as muct if you need to replace it. Tehya's was a solid 9 carrot gold bangle, at $200 I can't afford to replace it. Such a shame because I really wanted to be able to save it for her. As you can guess nope I never did find it

Hopefully the woman who loves your house loves it enoughto make an offer hey so you don't need to have people trapsing(sp) through your house all of the time.

I sat up last night playingaround on the puter and made up theis little video montage of Tehya. I wll post the link and hopefully not get into trouble for it.
    Tehya video
    OK hope that worked
    Last edited by Trish; June 4th, 2006 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks for that info Trish

Hello Debbbbbbbbb

Fi - I`m doing okay, feeling dizzy today, which is awful otherwise I`m well, I get so many comments on how well I look which gives me a boost, I say it`s because of running after Matthew all day long, I find I don`t have anytime for myself. How are you?

Hello to everyone else, I hope all your well.

Oh for those of you who want to give me your mobile numbers again can you do so, when Matthew drowned the mobile in the cat meat off course we lost all our contact numbers, if you want me to add you just email me at [email protected]

Take Care

Dee

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - ouchies!! Your poor tummy! Hope it recovers. Yay for having at least a couple of people through your house. Fingers crossed you get a good price. Definitely a good idea to get Jenna-Benna a bracelet. Gab loves hers. She wears the one that Peggy got her heaps. I save the one that my Pop got her for special occasions. She's pretty good... will oo and aa at it but hasn't tried to pull it off..... yet! She even slept with it on one night because I forgot to take it off. It IS lovely when restaurants take the initiative to serve the kids first. We went to the St. George worker's club once and I asked for a small bowl of chips.... they brought it out early and didn't charge us!! Now THAT is a child-friendly restaurant!

Trish - that video thing is grrreat!! What a cute little chicken little Tehya is! PMSL @ Tehya sniffing everything! How cute! How did your pumpkin soup go? My SC hasn't been used in a week so I'd better go and buy some ingredients. Might go the Irish Stew this week.

Dee - yuk @ feeling dizzy. Hope that goes away soon. I'll email you my mobey again too.

Sarah - LOL @ Zander "foofing" everything hot. At least he gets the "hot" concept. Definitely post that one in the funny things. I should go there and post how Gabby hits herself in the head whenever I say "Ouch". It's very funny!

Well.... I'm all alone (apart from Gabby). Neil has headed off to Hamilton for his first week of training. I think he's pretty nervous. Hope it all goes smoothly. I've sent him off with a heap of frozen meals from during the week and a list of things he'll need to buy down there to go with them (rice, pasta etc.). At least I know he won't be eating junk while he's there. So... here begins 12 weeks of hell, LOL.
    The kitchen still needs to be painted and the tiles need grouting. Wish I knew how to do it all so that I could surprise him on the weekend (his birthday on Sunday). Hmm... might have to round up the troops. I think my sister knows how to do it all. Just so scared I'll bugger it all up!! LOL

No problem Dee. Isn't it funny how you feel better or have more energy when you have one to run around after already. Well, sometimes anyway. Hope that your dizziness goes away for you.

Deb, maybe you need to check out one of the DIY sites and get some ideas from there. Hope that next 12 weeks go super fast for you and that Gab is an angel to make life that bit easier. Pumpkin soup was beautiful, as usual It's the right kind of weather for hot soup. Don't know what we are going to eat tonight. We've been out all day and I can't be stuffed to organise anything now.

We went out to the Thomas the Tank engine ride thingy today. It's out at Vicarys winery. Of course I had to buy a bottle, wine was really well priced too, got a bottle for $6.90. We met Mark's parents, his SIL and her kids and Marks friends and their kids out there. Was a good day and we left for home around 3ish as it was getting cold out there. I don't think it's too far from Sarah's house actually....? Took quite a few pictures, hoping that they have turned out good.

Don't know what Tehya's problem is, she hasn't stopped crying since we walked through the front doors. Oh well, same old, same old....

Well Trish - I bought Jenna her little silverbangle, and she loves it! I think she was even calling it her "pe-tty" which since I say pretties all time I figure means that! It was only $20, soI figure it wont matter too much when I have to cut it offher
    Deb - wow on St George club. If only that was my idea of going out for a special meal we would all be in heaven I wonder if someof the ritzy places in town would do that, but then again, why would you want to take your child there?? We have taken Jenna to Finnigansa couple of times, and they have been really good. I do hate it though when restaurants haven'tgot highchairs!!!
    Grouting is super easy. If I had time I'd come over and help, but you know how it is..... Just remember to wear gloves!!
    Dee - I'm pleased you are doing well - I'm sure you are looking ravishing

Shane let me go to the movies today - I saw Davinci code which was a bit of a treat. I can't remember the last time I went, so it was lovely. Not a blad flick anyway.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - sounds like a lovely day out! Yay for the bottle of wine to. Mmmm I could go a good glass of wine right now. I never have any when I want some! Maybe Tehya was just tired and overwhelmed from a big day? Hope she settled ok for you.

Fi - awww @ the pretties! Glad Jenna loves her bangle. Thanks re. the grout. One of my sister's and her BF are going to come over and help. They've recently re-tiled their bathroom and ensuite so I figured they would know what they are doing. My sis is going to help me paint. How cool will it be for Neil to walk through the door and have it all done for him?? Just hope that we don't bugger it up, LOL. I will wear gloves! Yay for going to the movies too. I agree - the fancy places in town probably wouldn't be so accomodating for the bubbies. Pity, really.... I hear you on the no-high chair thing too. We tried to go to Thai Influence in town probably 4 years back now. Our friends had a 1yo at the time and we were shocked that they didn't have high chairs. Was such a pain in the bum because everywhere else had booked out for the night... grrr! So we ended up at a pub bistro. May not be fancy but at least they cater for kiddies!

Fi, good to hear that you got Jenna's bangle. sounds like she is loving it. What a girl
    Don't you hate it when they don't have highchairs, it's like they don't even want them there. It's like them not having a place to change babies and having to do it on the toilet floor.
    Yay on getting to got to the movies. I honestly can't remember the last time I went or even what I saw. I think I will be taking Noah soon though, he wants to see that Cars movie.

Deb, hows your first night alone going? I'll gladly share my bottle with you hun Just don't know how much of it would be left by the time we got near each other... LOL If your feeling lonely or bored I usually have msn turned on just send me a message. You know I'm always up for a chin wag

ETA. Fi, I just checked out Jenna's page, she is getting so big. What a cutie.
    ETA #2 Deb, checked out Gab's page too. She's growing up too fast hey, Tehya has the same slippers as she does in her Easter pics Good taste.
    Last edited by Trish; June 4th, 2006 at 09:18 PM.

Yep Trish, Vicarys is fairly close to us, about 15mins. I was at Oran Park yesterday actually so we could have just about bumped into each other LOL! What a shame that Tehya's bangle is still lost, you know what will happen - it'll probably show up in a few years when her hands to big to put it on I watched Tehya's little movie, great job

Awww Deb, I hope the next few weeks fly by without Neil at home & that little miss Gabby is a good girl for mummy.

Ouch on the tummy muscles Fi.

Not alot going on here as per usual.

Is Oran Park still opened Sarah. I thought that it closed down. Hmm maybe I'm thinking about Amaroo (sp) Hears hoping that the bangle turns up. Even in a few years I will be happy, atleast then we can still keep it.

Crappy cold weather here. I'm sure it's colder at your place though.

Yup, absolutely freezing here at the moment & raining. And yeah Oran Park is still open. Street Commodores magazine had a skidpan thingo there yesterday which my brother was in so I was taking photos.

Ahh boys and their toys hey. We are still all in our pjs here. Lazy mummy can't be bothered. LOL. Think I will have to start bathing them soon and getting them dressed, not like we are going out or having visitors though. Although, don't you always find that the day you bum around in you pjs someone always turns up...

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo Jenna's page is updated?? Will have to have a look-see!

Trish - aren't you a sweetheart?? I will have to make sure I have MSN on more often. I might have to bring the little heater out to the garage... pity I can't just bring the computer inside. I've told Neil that when we move, we have to go to a bigger house so that I can have the puter inside. Going out to the garage in winter (or the middle of summer) isn't much chop!

Sarah - how's things going with your little business venture?? It's so exciting! I should hurry up and pre-order some stuff, me thinks.

Just took Gab to a friend's for a cuppa. She has an almost 3yo and a 3 month old (got to have cuddles and got loads of smiles cos I am so cool, LOL). Anyway, she was looking after her neice who is rather... highly strung? To put it nicely. She has very little social skills and is quite mean to other kids (even ones bigger than her). She kept hurting Gabby and the other little girl - even pulled a hand-full of hair out of her cousin's head!! Ouch! Apparently her Mum doesn't like people telling her off because it stunts her development. My butt!! I was getting tired of her bullying Gab so when she started nearly pulling Gabby's arm out of her socket (Gabby screaming the whole time) I used my most gruff voice and said "NO!! You DO NOT pull on people's arms" and picked Gabby up. Little turd!! Of course, as I said this, her Mum walked in. I was waiting for her to go nuts at me (she had a go at her own FIL for telling her off when she was being equally as mean to her other cousins). Even the other Mum's at her playgroup have a approached her about dealing with her child's behaviour. She thinks it's all rot and that they are just against her parenting style. No one is suggesting she smack or anything like that... but kids need boundaries!! Esp. if they are causing serious harm to other children. I seriously worry for Gabby's safety when she is around her and I've never felt that way about another child (except maybe a little boy @ our playgroup but he has a learning disorder and his Mum is right on top of him the whole time so he can't do that much damage). I am hoping that the subject will come up so that I can talk to her about it. Really, if SO many people are telling you that your child needs some boundaries, maybe it's telling you something??

Deb, sometimes it is just too hard to sit back and allow it. I mean like your going to sit there and watch a bigger, older, stronger child pick and be hurtful to a baby. Good on you for saying something. I don't think you were out fo order at all. Why didn't your friend pull her up on it anyway. I hate it when it feels like no one else is going to do something so you have to. Around here, it's my house and my rules. If your child is playing up, pull them up or I will. Not hard to understand really.

I'm with you on the vote for the puter inside. Soon enough you will have it there. Well, hopefully when you move anyways.

Sarah, sorry for subscribing twice to your mail list, I honestly forgot that I did it the first time. Hoping to have a squizz at your stuff soon.

Saw this really cute shirt for Tehya online the other day. I am planning on oredering one for her. It is bright pink and has in big writing on the front Mother Sucker. Lol, very cute.

Of course while I was still in my pj's and bathing Tehya my mum and dad turned up. Told you it would happen. Oh well, we have been feed now, they brought down some pies and cake. Oh and I've since had a shower too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Tisk, tisk @ your Mum and Dad spoiling your PJ day, LOL. Yay for the food tho! Mother Sucker - that's soooo cute! Definitely get one.
    I like the rules to your house! Very fair. I dunno.. I guess I just expect the same from other children as I expect from Gabby. I would have spoken to her the same way if she was the one hurting other children... so there's no double standards, iykwim?

Yep, totally, if a child is doing something that I won't allow my kids to do. Like Marks neices jumping on Noah's bed. I tell them to stop. I don't care if they are allowed to do that at their house, they can ruin their own furniture, not mine. Hey it's not like I live in a place with awesome furniture, Sarah can vouch for that, but it's ours and we expect it looked after. What rule allpies for one child applies for all. Although, you would expect those rules to differ slightly when the child is a toddler to a 3 or 4 year old. Or the punishments handed out.

Hello all,
    3 times in 3 days. What is going on in the world!!

I agree with stepping in to discipline, but I think you have to be very careful. Maia was here the other day being really, really rough with jenna, and eventually Shane pulled her hair back andsaid - now you dont like it do you - dont pull Jenna's hair! But that was his niece, so its bordeline. I dont know if I could discipline someone elses child unless they were being REALLY bad. I think I'd just remove Jenna from the situation.

I haven't updated Jenna's album for ages! I must do it. I'm slack. I hate to think how mnay photos are even on the camera at the moment. Just another job....

I have to go and make some wheat bags. Mine is going rotten, and so I'm going to make a teddy bear one for Jenna, and another one for me. Wheat is soooooo cheap! How do they charge so much for bags at the market??

Fi

Just locking this girls and creating another.

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678