Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #4

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi All, Thanks for the very warm welcome, I really look forward to getting to know you all and hear all about your bubs!

Wow all of your bubbas are rolling, clever little vegemites!!!!!

Bessi- I was actually thinking today that I should turn Cooper around in the Baby Bjorn soon so that he can have a look at the world. I was at the supermarket on the weekend with DH, Campbell and Cooper and while waiting in a rather large queue for the Express lane (why do they call it express lane, when the line is always that largest and seems to take the longest????) and two ladies were commenting on how cute he is and then were asking me all about Cooper. As we were drinving home, DH asked if I getstrangers often striking up a conversation re the bubbas, and I said of course - he is gorgeous!!!!

Emz & Ivana - OOOhhhh I would love to have another now, but everyone I know has said wait for No 3 because it will be the straw that broke the camels back and you will struggle to enjoy them all!!!! Of course I know they are right, but it is going to be so hard to wait 3 years before TTC........I absolutely adore my Obs and miss him, he has already said he is sure he will see me again in a couple of years - and he is right.

I have gone from not really enjoying No#1 all that much to loving motherhood 2nd time round!!!!!

Steph - I am really interested to know how you find having 3, 3 and under?????? If I was to get preggo now my bubbas would be the same ages apart as your bubbas. Is it really stressful??????

WOW i can't believe i have missed so much in such a short time!!!

Welcome to Bessie and Relle and your bubbas

I can't even remember the last time i posted, so forgive me if i happen to repeat something i previously posted. I have been reading but just no time to post. I will give you all an update but please forgive the lack of personals or i would be here till next week .

Liam has had a bad cough and a cold...thanks to Bradley being in his face whilst he was sick. We ended up buying a vapourizer which has helped him. Consequently he only slept n his own room for one night before he got sick so he is back in our room until he is better. He is forever coughing and sometimes almost choking on phlem etc. so he is better off next to me where i can hear him and act quickly.

Liam is still not rolling, so those of you still waiting don't worry. We are starting to get a proper giggle out of him now and i just love it. I can't believe there is already a march thread for 2007......where has the time gone?!?!?!?! I have to keep reminding myself i will never be where i am again with such a small person to care for and to treasure every moment but the time is just flying by. Liam is 5 months tomorrow...or is that today....i am posting just before midnight but by the time i submit this, well it will be tomorrow.

Hows this....Bradley decided that because Liam was crying the other morning that he would bite his finger to make him stop Needless to say he even more. When i asked him why he did it he told me that the crying was annoying him! After the lecture he recieved he will not even think of doing it again.

My mum and dad left for a 7 week holiday at the end of last week. They have gone to Europe and the UK. Half their luck, i hope they have a great time. But i miss them already, you know just being able to pick up the phone and chat. It will do them good, they both work hard and mum is forever stressing about her mum who is in an aged care facilty and rapidly declining. i only hope she is still here when mum and dad get back .

We are going to disney on ice this friday so that should be great. A friend went to it in sydney last week and said it wonderful so i can't wait. DH on the other hand is a little less eager and unsure of what to expect but by brother is going with his family so i told him he had to come to.

Thats all i can think of ATM and is is late so i am going to wake Liam for his last feed.....a bit late but i had to do this post, and now i will watch some big bro up late whilst he eats.

Take care you and all your kiddies

Relle ~ You know I thought I would be so stressed and that I wouldn't be able to cope but it has actually been really good. I would have to say that out of the 4 and a bit months since we brought Cailan home I have had around 3 bad days; bad being where they all cry at the one time and I don't know who to pick up first! I have had 2 horrid days, where I have just wanted to sit and cry but I think that only 5 out of that time is pretty good!? In all honesty I am upset that I had my tubes tied cos I would love another! Just one more, hoping to get my little girl that I have always wanted. It just isn't an option financially. I am happy with my boys of course. Are you planning another one already?
    Kas ~ Sounds like you have a lot going in since you were last in! Poor Liam being sick, it's awful isn't it! I have had my boys all sick at the once, I hope your boys are getting over it. Many prayers for your mum's mum too. You are lucky that Bradley is old enough to understand a lecture! DS#1 sat on Cailan and I couldn't explain to him that it hurts baby to do that. DS#2 doesn't even look where his is going, being 17 months I don't think he cares about anything really, just potters around doing his own thing. Have fun at Disney On Ice btw, I saw adverts on TV for it and I would love to take the kids to something like it when they are older!

Hope everyone is going well with their bubs, I am sure they are all getting nice and big and doing lots of new things!

Thanks for that Steph, it is actually nice to hear someone being generally positive about 3 little ones! I would love to have another one now, that is my heart, my head says to wait. If I had my way a month ago I would already be pregnant, but it wasn't to be, and now my rationale has kicked in more, so I told my husband we would wait.

I was absolutely adamant that I was only ever going to have 2 especially after not such a great experience with No 1 with the labour and the first 4 months or so, but it has just been so different this time round. I had the birth I wanted, I am really enjoying the first few months, so I am definately keen to have another, I am even thinking maybe 2 more, that is why I should really wait.

Kas - It is so tough when they are sick! We had nearly a solid year of ear infections before finally getting to see a surgeon who operated on him the next week (I was 38 weeks pregnant, but it couldn't wait) , now we are getting tonsilitis, so looks like the tonsils will be out next!

Is it just me or is someone else's 2 year old really giving them grief at the moment being stuck inside and bored???????????

Relle ~ My 3 yr old is definitely giving me a hard time, I guess they just get so bored being inside when it is raining. DS#1 & 2 love to get outside into the dirt and they have so much fun with our dog. I have tried to invent ways to play that they have never had, cubby houses made out of chairs and a huge sheet of material, make cakes together, heaps of balloons in the porta-cot then put them into it. Fun! I have also been lining up little toys then getting them to pick up one, teaching them new words at the same time as playing. When Campbell gets older you can do so much fun craft too. Well, depending on where he is in learning and understanding you might be able to do some now. String and nutrigrain or fruitloops (or macaroni) to make a necklace, I have been giving DS#1 a pair of kiddie scissors and some paper, both good for hand eye co-ordination. I just think of the kinds of activities that they would do at preschool and do those, it's quite fun for me too!

Yay I can't wait to do this stuff with Tallon That's when the real fun of parenting starts I reckon. Don't get me wrong.. I'm having fun now! singing and playing, but -really- playing will be fun

Ivana ~ Singing is so fun for them isn't it!? Cailan smiles and laughs at me when I sing to him, DS#1 & 2 love it too. DS#1 tries to sing along too, and it's so much fun putting on some music and dancing around. We have at least one night a week where DH and I dance with the boys, happy memories I hope I am building for them. I have to remember all the songs from musical and pays I did in highschool and sing those songs. Nothing beats Twinkle Twinkle Little Star though! DS#1 is the only one awake right now and he is watching the musical Annie (the older version), he loves it!

hehe.. my nephew and niece love all the old movies. I think chitty chitty bang bang was a fav for a while there!

hello people...

So whats going on? how is everyone doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Im going to a trivia night with a girlfriend i useto work with... will be interesting to see ppl from work again... tho she is now in a different department so im not sure if i will see any old faces...

Abbykins is doing ok. she has a cold. Shes been in our bed so i can keep an eye on her cos she kept choking on it. What do you mums use when it gets that bad? I was using vicks on a tissue ( i know you cant put it on them) and saline nose drop stuff... she seems much better today so she will be going into her cotty when we go to bed tonight.

what else.... is anyones baby getting interested in food? Abby seems interested, but im not ready to try her just yet, actually im a bit scared about it all. My sis gave her babies rice cereal before 6 months and mum did the same for us.... without judging anyone or starting a huge fight about when its best to start... can i ask if anyone is starting before 6 months???

anyway... im off to bed!

take care everyone!!!! Its so quiet in here these days.... i just realised how to turn the email notification thingie on so i will know when you ladies post now! yes im a smart little cookie!!!!!

Yeah.. Tallon eyes off our food all the time. But I'm gonna make him wait until 6 months! hehe. The mchn said to exclusively bf until 6 months coz it helps with reducing allergies and asthma etc.

Not sure if the 6 month thing changes if formula fed?

Yeah, if they are on formula you can probably introduce solids before 6 months. Obviously not too soon though. I had the girl I was in hospital ring me last week and she was telling me she had been giving her baby rice cereal since he was 2 months old, I almost choked on my own saliva! I could not beleive it! Very weird to me. I am starting Cailan on some rice cereal next fortnight, just to have a little taste. I won't feed him anything else to he is 5 months or so. Partly cos I have enough to deal with at this second and partly cos I really don't think he is interested yet. He just wants to kick around on his playmat! And I am happy to let him.

Ivana, im not sure if it changes or not... To be perfectly honest, ive done no research on the topic at all! Ive just got my mum in my ear saying "has she had any farax yet?" and then the MIL giving me dirty looks when the subject comes up.... hmmmm

We have an appointment with her pead on 17th Aug, im going to hold off till then and ask him what he thinks. Oh! Im also going to ask about her little toes! Hehe they are weird! They kinda go under her other toes. They told us is hospital they would just come out but they still havnet, tho they are a little better....

Has anyone seen that "Drop and Roar Dinosaur" add on the tv? It looks like the coolest thing ever. Tim and I had a look at it in myer yesterday and im going to get it in the next couple of weeks to put away for xmas... its going to be soo much fun!! Anyone else got any ideas for xmas yet?

Ok, shes had enough of her play mat, i better go put her in her cotty... oh my god! her cotty??? I must have got that off my 2.5 year old niece. hahah isnt she ment to learn from us, not the other way round!!

Hi everyone!

Wow, you don't get on for a couple of days and it really gets away from you in here!!

First of all, welcome to Bessi and Relle and your little ones. It's nice to have some more Baby Buddies in the March thread. (Who was it that said there's already a March 2007 thread? OMG!!) For your info, Lucy was born via c/s at 39 weeks due to placenta praevia, but the birth went well and I recovered quickly (small hiccup with a spinal fluid leak from the epidural, but that was fixed after a day). She was only a little bub, 2.5 kgs but had no probs with feeding and putting on weight. She's now on the 25th percentile and seems to be tracking along that, so she's certainly not going to be a chubby bubby by the look of it.

Emz - sounds like you're having a lot of fun with Abby. Like Abby, Lucy keeps sticking so much of her fist and fingers down her throat she makes herself gag! Everything is going in the mouth now. She's grasping things pretty well but obviously finds it easy to hold them with her gums! As for the solids thing, I'm going to a class at the hospital on Introducing Solids just before Lucy is six months. I figure I'll wait at least until after that before trying anything. I'm trying to remember to store away some EBM to use with rice cereal as well.

Steph - OMG at your friend starting her baby on food at 2 mths. Isn't that dangerous because they can choke?

Ivana - I'm exclusively bf until at least 6 mths and I think I'll take my cues from Lucy after that. I sit with her at the breakfast table and she watches us eat very intently, sometimes she even opens and shuts her mouth to copy Daddy. Very funny! I'm also looking forward to Lucy being older and playing with her more. But I do find I'm getting new activities that she likes. I've started reading a book to her every day and she seems to like sitting in my lap and watching the bright pictures. Thomas the Tank Engine is a hit! I also sing to her and do the hand movements to songs like "If you're happy and you know it" and "Eensy Winsy Spider". Anything that involves physical playing makes Lucy laugh. She likes her change table too. I have bright toys around it and I've always talked to her and sung to her while she's being dressed and changed so she probably thinks it's play time on the change table.

Relle - I'd love to have three, but DP is a bit stuck on two. We'll see how we go next time around and maybe I can talk him into #3 yet! Before I had Lucy I thought for sure I'd only have two but I didn't know how great it would be!

Kas - poor Liam with his finger getting bitten, but it did make me laugh that Bradley was annoyed at him for crying. I can kinda understand how he feels sometimes! I hope they're both getting better now.

Chloe - yay at your new car!!! Good luck with the driving lessons and the RTA. I didn't get my licence first time, but then I was mostly self-taught (naughty, naughty, I know, but I moved interstate when I was 17 and had no one to teach me and no money to pay for lessons, that's my excuse!). Hope the photos turned out well, the one with Yasin blowing on Imran's tummy sounds gorgeous! I'm taking heaps of Lucy but it is sooooo hard to get one of her smiling, the eyes just go all big and the mouth goes Oooo when I stick the camera in her face!

Well, must go, have a pile of DP's paperwork to catch up on and Lucy is having her 2hr afternoon nap so a good time to do it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

HI Ladies,

Hi Jennifer, thanks for reading Campbell's birth it has been very therauputic to finally get it down on paper, as you can see Cooper's birth story was ALOT better!!!! Thank goodness! I was actually thinking yesterday about how crazy it is that there are already people that are going to be due in March 2007, I guess we are nearly upto April 07 as well!

time is certainly flying with Cooper, I can't believe he is already 4 months old, they are already starting to reach such milestones!

Well I am in for a fantastic weekend! (well no so good on Saturday Lunch) My in laws are coming for lunch to celebrate DH birthday, but then, I am going away for the night with one of my best friends!!!!!! I have never left DH home alone with just Campbell let alone Campbell and Cooper - Isn't he in for a shock. Both of them woke through the night last night, and the last time he stayed elsewhere they were bad through the night as well!

Some time to myself - I can't wait! Lucky for him I will only be 20 mins away, so if an emergency comes up I will still be close. I just know I will stress about them all night, but I need to have a break......

Hey guys

Well.. I took Tallon to the clinic on Tuesday, he weighed in at 6.8kg clothed, length 63cm (i think). He's cruising just under the 50th percentile. Very average bub. hehe.

His dry skin has got really bad the nurse said it looks like eczema but of course she's not allowed to diagnose. hehe. A friend of mine had a look tonight and reckons its definitely eczema, she has it herself. She works in a pharmacy and is going to pick up some stuff for me to try tomorrow. Poor little man. It's like it's snowing all over his body. hehe. I'm not sure that it's irritating him, thank goodness.. but his skin is just flaking off! eww! I can't get good nudie photos of him with his skin like this! I've been trying Gaia Natural Baby Soothing lotion.. supposedly good for ezcema prone skin.. but just looked at the ingredients and it has sweet orange essential oils in it.. a known irritant to problem skin! duh! Anyway, we'll try this stuff from the chemists, and DH is looking up recipes for creams he can make. I hope he grows out of it.. coz it's all over him at the moment!

Bessi Guest

Hi Everyone -
    It's so great to hear about all of your babies. I like the fact that everyone's laid back and happy for the babies to develop at their own pace. It's nice that there are no competitive vibes in here!

In terms of solids I just started introducing Zekie to farex yesterday. So far so good! I didn't want to introduce any until 6 months but he's such a big boy I can't keep up with him in the breast feeding department! From 2 months he was sleeping between 9.5-10.5 hrs a night, when he was 16 weeks I changed to 4hrly feeds during the day - that lasted 2 weeks and then he just startted getting hungrier and hungrier and only seeping 6.5hrs before being hungry. I went back to 3hrly feeds and introduced an extra feed at night but still he's hungry! So finally yesterday I decided to try him on the solids. So far it's going well.

I'll let you all know how he goes and if after a few days it helps him get back to the long sleeps at night. I think like one of you said we just have to take our cues from our babies on this one, after all noone knows their patterns and changing needs as well as we do.

Do any of you have big babies (Zeke is about 8.5kg now), if so how are they going in relation to the whole solids debate?

Wow Bessi! what a big boy! Tallon weighs 6.8kg clothed at the moment. We're still breastfeeding, sometimes it's a LOT, other times not so much. He usually sleeps pretty well through the night, he fed pretty much 3 hrly for 3 months, but I've been demand feeding him, so it varies every day But now he normally has a stretch between 9pm and 4pm of sleep. Altho the other night he woke up every 3 hrs again. Not sure if his dry skin woke him up, or if his teeth are moving around.. or if he decided my boobs need to make more milk! hehe.

Hope Zeke gets back into his sleeping pattern for you

Tallon watches every mouthful of our food.. hehe.. and like Jen said about Lucy, Tallon chomps his little mouth up and down imitating us eating. hehe. so cute Only another 6 weeks or so until the 6 months is up! I actually have no idea where to start.. all I know is to start with a bit of rice cereal made with breastmilk.. or something like that! LOL. I'll have to start reading the threads on solids!

Bessi Guest

Yeah I'm doing the rice cereal/breast milk combo. It was a bit daunting yesterday (I just never thought I'd be doing it this early) but it seems to be going well, he's really keen!

I hope Tallon's skin settles down, it's great that he's not bothered by it. It would be stressful if he found it distressing.

I hadn't looked at the solids thread I might go and do that now!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast