Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #4

Oh, I forgot to say - I weighed Lucy yesterday (5 months old) and she's 5.8 kgs, so I know she's not going to be a chubby baby at all! Especially now she's so active, she must burn off anything she eats. But she is in 00s as well, although some have arms and legs that are a bit long. Her body is quite long and the 000s are way too short.

Jen, I have the matilda chest and the paddington cot, or is it the other way round? anyway, this cot converts into a couch and a double bed, tho i have no idea how and dont think ill be taking advantage of that anyway... I think its absolutley fantastic. Their stuff is just beautiful and great quality.

Ive got to feed Abbykins, so ill be back with more later

Hi guys

I didn't know it existed, but there's a local member discussion forum for each state.

NSW is here - Local member - NSW link

Come and join us if you're from NSW, it's a great chance to get to know Mums and those who hopefully will be Mums soon at different stages!!

Well everyone has certainly come out of the woodwork haven't they?????

Liam's update:
    Highchair - we are using the same one we had for Bradley. It has a 5 point harness and it can be adjusted to three different height levels which is good depending on where i an sitting when feeding him. The only prob is because of his size we put him in it the other day and he kinda got lost. We had to put a towek under him to lift him up and a pillow behind him cause the harness is at it's tightest and i reckon i could fit another one of him in there. So as of yesterday i have put a peg on the stras to hold them tight.

Pram - Once again the same on we had for Brad. The good thing was that it had a twelve month warranty and some of the material had started to rub under the seat part where it sat in the car as i didn't hace the from bar on the pram, so it got replaced whenn Brad was about 10 months old so it is vertually brand new again. I have left the bar on the fromt this time so we don't have the same problem.

Food - Liam is now b/f x 4 at around 8am, 12pm then a serving of solids (usually pumkin and farex cereal or apple and ceral) about the size of a golf ball between 3 and 4pm and more bb milk again at 6pm and 10pm. Hopefully now he is eating he will bulk up a bit. He has also just started to gnaw on a rusk or biscuit mid morning....very messy but he loves it. Consequently my washing has increased since the solids but at leat now he is getting to wear more of his clothes!

Sleeping - After his last feed he will go staright to sleep and stay asleep till his morning feed. From there it is kind of a mixed bag depending on what we are doing. As i usually head out to do stuff after dropping brad at pre school he may sleep in the car or pram for varying lengths of time. After his solids in the afternoon he will sleep solidly (most of the time) until his 6pm feed, so about 2-3 hours. He will have another hour or so's sleep between the last two feeds and then call it a night. I should take advantage and go staright to bed after i put down but like Bessie DH and i are very much night owls too, so it is usually between 11 and 12 before i hit the sack. Thank got big bro has finished i was addicted to up late, but at least the majority of that i was still feeding liam more frequently.

Teething - alot of sucking and chewing on stuff but no discomfort. Liam loves chewing on rusks even if i am constantly picking it up for him and putting it back in his hand. He sometimes gets rosey little checks but Brad did the same from about 6 months and he didn't have teeth till after he was 1.

A big Woo Hoo for us that i posted ....we are finally in council for our house plans...it has only taken three months!

Gotta go Brad has just dropped a yoghurt all over the floor:eek:

Edited to say.......wow there were alot of spelling mistakes...too many to fix, Sorry
    Last edited by kas; August 12th, 2006 at 09:11 PM.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well and your bubbas too.
    Kas, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother .
    Imran is rolling around like a little fat log these days and even managed to almost commando crawl a few days ago so I think he'll be an early crawler/walker like Yasin was.
    Highchair - I haven't even thought about a highchair yet. I started Yasin eating solids on my lap and I'll probably do the same with Imran. I want a new highchair because Yasin's needs to have the whole tray removed for cleaning and its a pita so I want one where the tray lifts out of the tray IYKWIM.
    Feeding - Imran is still on breastmilk and I don't plan on any solids until at least 6 months. I'm in no rush to deal with solids poo LOL.
    Pram - We have a valco something or other with a toddler seat - its not as stable as I'd like but at least its not gigantic like some of the prams for 2.
    Teeth - there's lots of dribble but no teeth. I never knew Yasin was getting them until they popped up. I'm not the world's most observant mum LOL.
    Sleep - hhmmmm like I said I'm not very observant but usually Imran is up for about 2 hours before he crashes out again. I've got his hammock downstairs at the moment for day sleeps and we co-sleep at night so we don't have many sleep dramas. I feel very blessed because I usually get enough sleep although I have 2 bubbas under 2. I remember some times when Yasin wouldn't sleep and it was awful.
    We changed Imran to a forward facing car seat this-morning. I was a bit worried about him not being old enough but he was getting so grumpy in the capsule - since he's still too young for object permanance as far as he was concerned he was alone in the car so he would get bored and lonely very quickly. After we put him in the new seat he seemed much happier. Yasin wasn't too impressed because he's been moved up into a maxirider and he tends to resist change but he got over it fairly quickly.

Tam&Olivia Guest

Forum Name:Babies born march 2006#4
    State:Tas
    Baby's DOB:23/3/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -(W) 6lb 60z (L) 51cm (HC)31 cm
    Gender of Baby: GIRL
    Baby's Name:Olivia Jennnifer
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:none
    Notes: First baby and a miracle as I was told I couldnt have children!
    Last edited by Tam&Olivia; August 13th, 2006 at 02:44 PM.

Tam&Olivia Guest

Talking

Hello all Im really pleased to have found this forum as Its so great to have other ladies with bubs the same age having the similar experiences!

Lil Liv is in the 00s now soon to be 0s she is just soooo long now!
    Has 4 teeth which have broken thru the gums! the fangs and the ones behind! but she has been a dream. Most ppl are in disbelief about the teething thing as she started approx 3 and a half mths, even a doctor!! Until he shone his lil torch in Livs mouth and ta da there they were!

She is thankfully a very patient bright and friendly baby (before I had her I had never ever changed a nappy in my life!!!) and has been content from day one allowing us to sleep all night, I swear she is spoiling me as the next will prob be a real challenge!

Anyway I hope to catch u all when ur online!
    Byes from us:hugs:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Tam and your little bub! I cant believe she has 4 teeth! How amazing!!

Well, I just wanted to let you all know how stupid i am!!

We went to a family party last night, on DF's side. All packed up and ready to go, but Abbykins was in bed sleeping. It was only going to be a 30 min drive, so i made two bottles up thinking she would go back to sleep in the car. Anyway, MIL was ment to come here at 6, so we got bub up and dressed ready to go... but MIL didnt show for a while and Abby got hungry so i gave her one of the bottles id made up. All well and good and off we go. There we are having a great time, everyone saying what great parents we are and how wonderful abby is.... 9pm comes round and she starts doing her "feed me" grunt... i grab her bottle and hand it to DF, thats when i realise that its got a stopper on it and no teat!!! I was thinking id use the one teat but ofcourse she had that before we left, so i didnt have a friggin teat and she started screaming!!

We did a frantic run down the street to see if the supermarket was open, but it cosed at 9 and no place in town had any teats or crappy bottles! The joys of living in a country town. We got back there, and Abby was happy having a cuddle with her nan and i said i was sorry and we had to go. Then DF's Aunty went to see her neighbour who had a bub to see if we could borrow one (which i felt really bad about, and just wanted to go home) she came back with a big box of everything and we boiled a teat up and all was well. I just kept saying sorry to poor little Abby, she has such a silly mum. Everyone else thought it was no big deal but i was crushed by the whole thing. How could i be so silly!!!!

anyway..... that was my saturday night.

Hope all the bubs and mums are doing well!

Hi all

Just a quick one as Lucy is helping me type and seems to prefer using different keys to the ones I want to use!

Had a rotten weekend as I've gotten another bout of mastitis, same bb, right one. This time I have a very painful lump, obviously a blocked duct. Still hasn't cleared but it seems to be easing. Luckily I had some antibiotics on hand this time after my last bout 'cause I don't think I'd have been able to get down to the drs yesterday morning the state I was in. Just awful and I'm seriously hoping this is the last time it happens.

Welcome to Tam & Olivia (great middle name by the way! Same as Lucy's too!). Look forward to getting to know you better. OMG at her teeth!

Hi Dach and Kas. Dach - Lucy can wriggle herself forward a fair way when she's on her belly, is that a commando crawl? She loves watching the dogs in that position so she tends to get a fair bit of tummy time.

Must go, hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Em, we must have been posting at the same time. Forgetting a teat isn't that big a deal, considering the rush you must have been in to leave! I'm sure Abby has already forgotten!! LOL

Has anyone got the post-natal hair loss thingy going on? I washed my hair this morning and I couldn't believe how much came out. I know that its just the hair that didn't fall out while I was pregnant coming out and I'm not going bald but its still freaky (and reminds me I need a haircut).
    Also is anyone starting to get annoying comments/hints about starting solids? My little rolly polly monkey is doing just fine without them and I wish people would keep thier big stupid noses out of my business :mad:

Hi Chlo - yep, my hair loss seems to have picked up too. But I think you don't lose much while you're pg so there's that much more when you're not, IYKWIM. Haven't had any comments yet about starting Lucy on solids, but they're sure to start coming soon, since she'll be six mths in a few weeks and I'm not planning on introducing anything for a bit yet. In our allergy-ridden family I think I'm best off holding off for as long as I can. Plus, since she only looks so little I don't think most people realise she's 5 mths already. Maybe that's part of your problem with Imran, people assuming he's older?

The hair thing- OMG!! For me its really quite bad just normally, but then no loss in pregnancy, but now.... its just horrible. I cant even wear my hair down. Its just all over the place.... the floors are covered in my hair and i have to clean it up constantly. I know its a normal thing to happen, but its that bad that im going to talk to my GP about it this week when i go in... my hair line is receding!! Im a freak!!

As for solids. My mum is on my back about it 24/7. Shes had a couple of trys but im not starting till after i talk to her pead when we go in on Thursday to check out her little heart. Ill go with what he suggests. Im just sick of ppl telling me to feed or or not to feed her, I feel that she is ready and im sick of making little top up bottles, but i want to be able to say "well her dr said to do this, so this is what we are doing" IYKWIM

Well, we didnt end up getting a high chair on the weekend. We were too busy with family stuff and the band stuff to even get near the shops! But I did go shopping with my sis on friday for her baby (little boy due in 5 weeks). I ended up spending just over $300 on Abbykins, most of it on things for her room. It now looks soooo sweet and beautiful. She deserves it! Shes just such a wonderful little thing.... sighhhh hehehe

Um.. haven't noticed any unusual hairloss. Just normal here. Always lose hair first comb after washing.

Starting solids.. yup.. my mum is constantly implying that I'm torturing my son making him watch us eat, but not giving him anything. I think he will be ready by 6 months tho, coz he really does watch longingly. I don't really want to start earlier than that.

Jen - good idea waiting as long as possible for solids if you have allergies in the family.

Emz - don't stress about forgetting the teat. We went out yesterday.. without the pram or the nappy bag! (thanks to DH.. duh). Luckily Tallon didn't fill his nappy with one of his regular explosions! LOL. And he didn't chuck either, so we were lucky.

Well, we went and looked at a friends place yesterday to rent.. she's moving out at the end of September, and we went to see if we wanted it. We LOVE it. 4 bedroom, with loads of living space downstairs (we won't have the furniture to fill it! LOL). There's a perfect rumpus room we can setup with a toybox and everything else for Tallon. It's so exciting. Now we just have to hope we can jump in there when she gives notice before the agency advertises it! Very stressful waiting I can tell you.. coz we want it so bad! hehe.

Welcome to Tam & Olivia too! Wow at the teeth! Still waiting for any -real- signs here.

Well, must go.. it's getting increasingly more difficult to post with this little man on my lap! LOL. I gave him the labeller to play with so he has his own keyboard to punch instead of mine! hehehe. Now it's all slobbered over

LOL at the slobbered on labeller Ivana. Had a good giggle at that one! Good luck with the house. I would love to have more space, but it's got to wait for now...

Ivana- good luck with the house! Hope you get it.

Im just about sick of our house that we are renting. I think we are going to start looking into building seriously this week. We are in a 3 bedroom place and there is just no room for anything, we have bubbys room, our room and then the office. All our music gear (2 amps, 5 guitars) is in the lounge! We just need more space.. oh a dishwasher! hehehe

Anyway, apparently its nap time! Thats what im being told... im getting the put me to bed grunts! hehe

Welcome Tam, wow @ the teeth. Liv sounds just like my neice, her first tooth broke through at 11 weeks then they just kept coming. She is 7 months old now and has 8 teeth. Look forward to hearing more from you soon.

I hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

ummm its almost 4pm and my baby is still sleeping!!! shes only had one bottle at 10ish. Poor little thing. We were at mums last night till about 11:30 and she couldnt get to sleep and was cranky and overtired. Shes usualy in bed by 9-10 but she didnt get to lay down till about 12:30ish by the time we got home.

I would have usualy put her down in mums bed, but they went and got a cat so i could only put her in her porta cotty, which she dosent really like.... I might go snuggle up next to her and she if she will wake up with a few kisses and a bit of a chat...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast