Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #5

try her on cooled, boiled water, especially with Lucy starting solids and the heat we have had lately. BM is still fine for her hydration.

Just a quicky because DH is waking up and will want attention (how many babies do I have? lol)
    Imran sat up a few days ago!! and last night he finally found something the right height to pull himself to stand!!! He's been doing it on low stuff for about a week with his little butt sticking up but everything in our house is either really low or too high so we had to go visiting for him to find something just the right height.
    My little baby is in such a hurry to reach his milestones
    Jen, I started to give a tiny bit of water once Yasin was on 2 solid meals a day. I might start Imran a little bit earlier because summer is almost here and I worry about deheydration on really hot days. I gave Yasin sippy cups for water not bottles.
    Steph, Good luck with your moving. It sounds like a mammoth task.
    Kas, I hope everything is sorted with the council soon.

Jen - it will be nice to meet you also at the xmas dinner. I started giving Liam water in a bottle at first and then a sipper cup a few weeks later once he started his solids just to help him wash it down, plus now that it is hotter he has it as a refresher between feeds just as we would.

Dach - what a clever little man you have pulling himself up. Don't you love the fact that DH's also "need" the love and attention that our bubbas need. I too think sometimes i have 3 kids not 2!!

It is going to be really hot here today. DH is off to the beach to do a patrol at the local surf club till lunch time but it is far to hot for the kids to go so i might get the sprinkler or Brads little pool out. I am sure Liam would love it too!!!

Have a great weekend girls and Slip Slop Slap!!!!! (what a mum thing to say)

everyone,

Well good news, Tayneesha is crawling a little she takes a few steps then gets tired so well on her way to crawling YEAH!! She is also tyring to hold onto things and pull herself up but not too good at the moment as unsteady on the feet... lol.

She seems to be able to get to the Stereo and dvd area and wants to play. Naughty Naughty my DH not impressed. She is also doing this really strange head shaking thing as if she is saying no to us. It is strange but i think it may be some new thing of hers. It is funny thats for sure.

She can sit up really well and is on the go all the time i have to watch her more now as can get places either by doing the few crawling steps or dragging herself or rolling. She is a real cheeky monkey you tell her off and she knows she is not allowed to touch but does this real cheeky grin with a smile... It is so cute and funny!

She is still teething, no teeth still She is not too bad but has her sooky times poor little thing. She is fine at night and i am thankful of that, she sleeps through most nights now and if it is a night were she doesn't it is only for her dummy to be put back in. At least its not too hot up in the far north it must be awful being that hot down south and i hope all of you are coping, hopefully you have either a pool aircond or even better both!

Tayneesha is also enjoying her activity table i bought her, it was supposed to be for Christmas but i couldn't wait that long, She loves it and it keeps her occupied for hours on end. She has learnt alot on this as well. She loves Finding Nemo as well she can watch that over and over again she laughs, and carries on like a real pork chop!

We are going to buy a new vacuum cleaner today we have a nilfisk at the moment and i just feel it doesn't have enough suction so i am thinking getting a dyson... Anyone have any feedback at all on a dyson?

Ok time for the personals:

Dachlostar - Wow thats great about imran how exciting that must have been for you, its a great milestone that one!With the water Tayneesha loves it i give it to her icy cold out of the fridge and she drinks it like its going out of fashion. Lucky in that area i think for me. I hope it goes well for you when you start though.

Kas - I hope you are surviving the hot hot weather down there you poor things. It must be just horrible if you don't have aircond or a pool. I hope the bushfires are also settling as well its just terrible at the moment and it isn't really into the full swing of summer. Thats so cute of your littlie about the belly sleeping, how cute i hope you got heaps of pics.The council just love to make things sooo difficult for everyone don't they, i think they do it on purpose or something. Ibet you any money if you actually worked for the council it would be a different story. Hope it all works out for you though.

Jen13 - Wow about lucy and her words, fast learner and talker hey!Bub not sure about that one cute though!

Well must be off, got alot to do today. Hope everyone is well and all babies are being good little angels. Oh i have also lost another 3 kg Yeah!!!!

Jen
    x

Liam was not impressed with the cool refreshing (nice way of saying freezing) pool that i put up for Brad. As soon as i dipped his toes in he started to panic. I guess i will have to wait till next time to get his first pool photo!

mum2- 3 cheers for Tayneesha crawling and pulling herself up. Sometimes you just wish those teeth would turn up don't you? Liam gets irritated late in the afternoon and pulls and pokes at his ears. Knowing my boy though he will wait until 13 months just like his big brother did....nothing like teeth moving around for a while before they come threough hey! Have fun vaccum shopping. Good work on losing another 3kg.

Hi all,

I can not believe what happened today. Tayneesha has been crawling a few steps in the last week or so and then getting tired etc. But today we went and bought a vacuum cleaner and she just took off when the guy was showing us a demo. I couldn't believe it she is full on crawling and trying to get into everything.

The guy even gave us $300 bucks of because of her milestone and he was also so excited! It has been one great day thats for sure, we are now going out to dinner all three of us to celebrate!

Anyway i got a brand spanking new wertheim 5035 it has only been on the market for a week and is the top of the range one, Thankgod he took $300 bucks off as we have never in our lives spent $1200 on a vacum cleaner but i can honestly say it was the best thing we have done as it works like you have paid a proffessional carpet cleaner to come in etc etc. It also does your pillows and matresses it has everything. If you can afford one get it, i have no complaints at all.

Anyway gotta go its nearly time to go to dinner.

Jen
    x
    Last edited by christy; October 14th, 2006 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Emoticon linked in post

Hi girls

Phew, another hot one here. I didn't budge out of the airconditioning until evening. At least a cool change is supposed to be coming through tonight.

We had an exciting day - finally picked up Lucy's cot and put it together. She's lost in it! It seems so huge compared to the cradle, but she had well and truly outgrown the cradle. Now her furniture all matches too, since we had borrowed the cradle it was the only thing that didn't. She seemed happy enough to sleep in it this afternoon and went down easily tonight. It converts to a junior bed when she's big enough, so we think we're set until about school age.

She's started pulling her legs around from a sitting position and has tried to take off a few times today, only to end up face first in the floor. I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually. Yay to Imran and Tayneesha for crawling!! And OMG at Imran already pulling himself up. Lucy can hold herself upright for about 10 secs if she has something at the right height to hold, but I doubt she can pull herself up yet.

Kas - I took Lucy to the local pool on Thurs but she was exhausted by the time I went to take her in (after playing on the ground for a while) so that lasted about 5 secs. I was thinking of getting her wading pool out as well, but if the weather is cooler tomorrow I guess not. We start swimming lessons on Monday (but that pool is indoor and heated). I'm sure Liam will like it soon enough!

Jen - What a clever girl and sounds like you're happy with the vacuum you bought. We have had a couple of Dysons and just upgraded ours a couple of months ago, so that should tell you we are happy with ours. We have two little dogs who drop a bit of fur around too and I like to vacuum every day (especially with Lucy). That sounds like I'm a clean freak, but I'm really not, the vacuuming is all that gets done and it's only a little cottage! I love this one as it has a little lever you pull to open the bottom of the barrel and dump all the dust straight into the bin. Thanks for thinking of us in the heat - we're pretty set up with air conditioning and while we don't have a pool I have a couple of friends just around the corner who do. They're very good friends over the summer!

Chlo - thanks for the tip re water. I'm trying to give Lucy extra bfs, just a little bit before a nap so that she has enough to drink. At the moment she isn't eating that much so I might try introducing water when she eats a bit more. We tried apple again today and she took it quite happily so I think she's getting used to some of the different flavours. She seems to like fruit a lot better than vegies. I was eating one of those Weiss bars at the pool the other day and let her taste the fruit side. She would have eaten the whole thing if I'd have let her! I'm going to have to be a bit more selective about 'sharing' my food with her if it's something I like!

Must go now, almost bed time.

Hi Jen13,

Thankgod for the cool change coming through that must be a relief!

Lucy will be off in no time by the sounds of it, she might play around and pretend she can't crawl like Tayneesha did but i think they can, they play silly buggers on you i think! It such an exciting time though for them and the parents of course. The downside is they TOCH and WANT everything. Hee hee hee. I think it is cute though and at least you get a good workout really.

Anyway betta go get breaky and go on my walk.

Jen
    x

Hey guys, had an awful night with Tallon, and can't be bothered going back to bed, even tho he's fiinally asleep. So I'll give a quick update.

Crawling - Tallon's the same.. I think he's going to take off any day now. I was moving his legs like crawling, and this time he didn't fall flat on his face! His arms did the right thing as I was moving his legs, so I think he's getting the idea. I agree that they learn things in secret and then suddenly do them! LOL. A few times now I've come back in the room and he's moved.. more than just turning around too. I've seen him crawl backwards too! LOL.

And he's still not rolling! LOL. He always stops himself from rolling.. so I'm taking it that he doesn't WANT to roll.. and he's very clever for not doing so! LOL.

Food - I've cut him back to 2 solids a day. He's been too windy at night, and I read that food can make them colicky at night.. so we now just have morning tea and afternoon tea. Dinner is too close to bed time, and I think that was the problem. Altho, last night was terrible, and he fed fed fed on the boob, so maybe I need to up his solids again. He might be hungry! LOL poor thing. Altho the cool change through the night probably affected him too. Was probably waking up cold. He sleeps unwrapped now too.. so he's probably still getting used to that fully too.

Jen - Tallon's had a bottle of water when mum had him for while, but he played with it more than drank it, and gave himself a nice shower with it! LOL. He holds it well tho, surprisingly since he never has bottles. hehe.

I keep forgetting to ring the swim school.. and I keep reading that there's long waiting periods Hope we don't have to wait too long. Might have to do it myself in a friends pool.

That'll do from me. Hope you're all well, and having a good weekend.

Talking Baby #2 On The Way For Jen!

Hi everyone,

well just a quick post to let you know that baby #2 is on the way for us. YEAH!

Jen
    x

Mum2- CONGRATS on the recent BFP!!!!! I wish you a H&H pregnancy.

Oh wow! Congratulations Jen!

Congrats to Jen and her family on baby no 2! Many prayers for a wonderful pregnancy and birth.

Congatulations Jen!!

Liz, lol at Tallon not wanting to roll - what a clever boy!! I'm sure you'll be able to find a spot at swim school if you're flexible about the day and time. I've got to find a wednesday lesson for Imran in a few weeks. Yasin will be starting 1 day a week at a pre-school so I'll be taking Imran swimming while Yasin is there.

Jennifer, have fun swimming on monday. I'm taking yasin to his first gym class on tuesday. He loves to bounce at the moment so I'm fairly sure he's going to go nuts on the trapmolines

I'm trying to type one handed while I feed Imran but he keeps putting his feet on the keyboard so its taken a long time to get this far lol.

Congratulations Jen on your pg!!! Were you trying long or was this a bit of a surprise? Hope you have a h&h pg and morning sickness doesn't strike while you're chasing Tayneesha!

Liz - yeah, I had an awful night with Lucy last night too. She took it upon herself to wake up at 2 am, 2:30 am and then 3 am at which point I gave up, brought her into bed and fed her. So I'm feeling extremely groggy right now. Maybe it was the cooler weather? She's in her cot now and might not feel quite as warm. I think I'll put an extra blanket on tonight to be sure! LOL at Tallon skipping the rolling thing. Lucy can do it, but she doesn't do it very often now. She likes to sit up and play with her toys and if you put her on her tummy she just rolls over and complains until she gets sat up. I'm not rushing in to rescue her when she rocks herself over reaching forward and I've noticed she's falling very softly now, not with a huge bump.

Other than that, Lucy settled into her new cot fine on the weekend, although she looks so tiny in it! She's mastered "Mum" now and uses it when I walk into a room and she sees me or if I leave and she wants to know where I've gone. She's also doing this thing I call "fish face" with her mouth, opening and shutting to make a popping sound. She loves it when I do it back to her. Very funny!

Hope everyone has a great day - we're off to swimming soon!

OMG Imran is out of control!!! I was in the kitchen making coffee and I left him in the lounge room while I did it. There are two steps between the lounge and kitchen (its kind of sunken). Anyway... I was busy frothing my milk when I heard Imran make a differant noise than normal. I turned to check it out and I nearly fell over the little monkey :eek: He's figured out how to crawl up the stairs!!!! Now I'm freaking because I'm worried that he will try to get down them soon and fall!!!

Dach - what a clever little man you have. I guess he just wanted to check out what you were doing!! He is well and truly on the way to exploring his surroundings. I'm sure he will have his next adventure planned real soon.

Jennifer, how did the swimming lesson go yesterday? It was Lucy's first lesson wasn't it or am I mixed up? Did you dunk her? I love the look on thier faces after they go under the first few times.

ETA - Steph, I saw your post in the tubal reversals thread. Are you feeling ok with your desicion? You're lucky you're so young - you've got plenty of time if you ever change your mind.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast