Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #5

Hi !

Well we had a nice time at DH's aunty and uncles. She is looking good for someone undergoing chemo and still trying to help to have a functioning family. I had explained to Brad several times over a few weeks that "aunty" was sick and the medicine had made her hair fall out so he was well and truly prepared when he saw her. The kids had a great time playing and the adults enjoyed catching up on the goss.

I am back at work tomorrow 11am-2pm (just a short one)........not sure how i am feeling. i think a little nervous. it has been a while. I finished early january and new staff have started. Some from what i have heard are good and others i just know will rub me the wrong way with their work ethic. I then have two days next week and i guess it will just stem from there once i am back into the swing of things. I am hoping no more than 20hrs a week leading up to xmas and once Jan sales are over i will be happy with 10-15hrs. I guess it will all depend on how i am coping with the boys and DH's shift work in and around my work.

We now have our modified council plans so are waiting to recieve the final documents for our once over and signatures and then should be on our way. She said it should take about 7-10days!!!! I guess that means i won't be in for this xmas.....but next year is a definate.

Jen - i guess Lucy may have been waking due to the teeth moving about. Hopefully they will come through and don't give her to much more grief. It sounds like she will be crawling in no time.....and is a few steps ahead of Liam. He can't stay on all fours once we put him there his legs tend to just slide out. He is practising leaning over his right leg onto his hands like he is going to crawl and then sitting back up, so i am guessing once he gets all the other relevant steps worked out he will be off. I hope the weather holds off on the rain for Lucy's christening. Don't you hate it when people don't RSVP!?!

Liz - i am glad swimming went well. We just finished Brad's on fri so i will start them both back in Jan that way i can take Liam when Brad is school and then take him after school another day. Liam likes to nick things off our plate too. He enjoyed chewing on a piece of steak the other night. Did you give Tallon the plain rusk or the vege one? Liam had the plain to start with and got bored with no tast i think so now he has the vege ones and loves them.

Hi to everyone else and i hope you are well.

OMG......Liam's ticker is getting closer and closer to the end!
    Last edited by kas; November 6th, 2006 at 02:49 PM. Reason: To add my last remark!

Hiya everyone,

Not much going on here, so i will just do an update on Abbkins..

Sleeping- HELP! I did the most stupid thing. When she was sick a while back she got useto being put to sleep in our bed with me cuddling her.... still doing that but now that shes so mobile im worried she will fall out of my bed. When i put her in the cot when she is awake she just carries on and works herself up. Ive tried the whole ignore her and she will go to sleep but that doesn't work for us. Any ideas on what i can do would be great.

At night time we put her to bed in our bed then move her into the cot and she sleeps there all night, till about 6 when she calls out for us then she gets in a snuggles with me till about 8-9 (shes been doing this FOREVER!! It really sweet. she zonks back to sleep as soon as she hits out bed, then she will slowly wake up smiling, giggling and having a chat with me then we get up for breakfast!) So yes, need to find a way for her to go to bed in her cot and not our bed!!

Eating- on to more solid foods. Eats rusks like they are lollies! And so fast too. Ill give her one and then 2 mins later its half gone. She likes both the vegie and plain ones and we go thru at least a pac a week. (is that too much?) not that she always eats all of them. there are half eaten rusks everywhere. Lol its funny i find them in all sorts of places. Also wanting to give her more finger foods but for some reason she wont touch food (except for the rusks) ive tried to get her to hold watermelon and banana when im feeding her that but she just will not do it. Mum says its high time to introduce toast but im too chicken she will choke.

What real foods is everyone else giving their babies?

Teeth- well we are teething again. OMG at the poos! I dont remember her pooing 3 times a day and them being so stinky and even so sloppy last time!! She has the bottom middle 2, but now shes getting one either side of them... no top teeth in sight. These new teeth are about to break thru very soon. Shes been ok with it, woken up a few times but never been really serious about it so its been good so far.

Crawling- nope! not going to happen. If we put her on her tummy she will look like shes gonna do something amazing (ie crawl!!) and then she will just flip over. She will roll to her tummy when we are playing on the bed tho due to her fascination with my head head. Oh well...

Her sitting is perfect, dont need to use pillows anymore, tho we do when she is a bit tired.

Cute stuff- she loves playing peak a boo, she KISSES!! i mean really kisses!!! I say "kiss for mummy" and she leans in and opens her mouth so wide and plants one on me! and then starts bouncing up and down like a crazy girl making all sorts of noises... joining in on me going crazy "yay, clever girl" kinda stuff. Sometimes its so funny tho, she will lean in to kiss me, but stop just short and then start the 'celebration' haha shes so eager for the tickle and carry on we do after each kiss. Now she will kiss her nans, poppa (as long as he isnt wearing his apparently scary glasses, and her aunties, oh and of course her daddy.
    also, shes blowing raspberries, blowing her cheeks up and poking her little tongue out and wiggling it form side to side. just too cute!

So i think thats about it really... shes growing nicely. Into 00-0 clothes. Shes about 8.5kg. Oh her hair is just starting to grow now too. Very fluffy!!

Hope everyone else is going good and the babies are growing up big and strong... do you all realise its such a short while till we are talking about 1st birthday plans? I cant stop thinking about this. Time is honestly going too quick.

Another question... i see like me Liz is TTC next year, how is everyone else feeling about having another bub? hehehe

Hi all

Just a quick post before I have an early night. Lucy got me up about three times last night to feed. She has two bottom teeth right there below the gum line and boy does she chomp down hard if you offer her a finger! So I'm guessing they'll be through very soon. She has also figured how to sit herself up from any position now and is rocking on all fours. I'm hoping she might start crawling while my Mum is here for her christening this weekend.

Em - Lucy 'gums' me with her big open mouth kisses as well and it's too cute! As for food, well, after a slow start Lucy will eat just about anything I give her (although she has to be hungry first). She has toast fingers with avocado or vegemite at breakfast, usually a fruit mush at lunch and then vegetables, sometimes with meat, late afternoon for dinner. She's still having 5-6 breastfeeds a day as well. I've given her pieces of steak to chew on and she's definitely not vegetarian, she loves them! She's also tasted a fair few foods that I've had and had half an arrowroot biscuit today. If I eat in front of her now she wants to try what I have, so it's probably improving my eating habits too. She likes yoghurt best of everything, she would swallow the spoon if you didn't refill it fast enough. She has yoghurt for lunch now when I leave her to go to work on Tues and Thurs.

As for another bub... refer to my ticker - I need a chance to recover! I think you ladies are very brave, especially the other Jen who's already cooking no 2!

Kas - how did you go back at work? I am doing two four-hour stints in the city for Tues and Thurs and an extra ten hours or so for clients at home. It's seriously curtailing any social life I had!

Must go, I am so tired I need to go to bed early. DP is working late so I'm better organised for sleepy-byes!

Hi all,
    Brad had his big school orientation today. There were no tears and he said he had a great day. I'm not sure if he will think the same next year when its 5 days a week not three like at pre school. He got to meet his buddy for next year (year 6 next year)-a girl called Kuwani. She was very nice when i spoke with her and said she was looking forward to next year and being Brad's buddy.

Liam is happy and will sometimes settle and put himself to sleep in his cot. He is still sliding all over the floor - backwards- but is definately enjoying the freedom of exploration! The balance and strength is getting better when leaning on his arms and he is much happier to have floor time now.

Emz- i thought the same thing about birthday no:1 a few weeks back but the thought of it scared me so i didn't mention it. As for more babies.......no more planned here.

We are going to my neices 2nd birthday tonight so i had best go and get organised as DH will be home soon and we need to be there at 6pm.
    Last edited by kas; November 9th, 2006 at 04:26 PM. Reason: to finish post.....computer decided to submit!!!

Jen - i hope the christening goes off without a hitch tomorrow.
    "God bless" little Lucy.

Jen, good luck for your Christening tomorrow. I hope it all goes without a hitch.
    Imran has a tooth!! I noticed it coming through yesterday and this morning he had a chomp on my finger and I could definately feel tooth.
    He's also started cruising the furniture. He made his first attempt last week and started by doing tiny little tiptoe steps but now he's shuffling along a bit quicker.
    He's obsessed with crawling onto the grass. If I leave the patio door open he's off an onto the lawn in a flash - I guess he's an outdoorsy type.

Yasin has become a dedicated nudist. We live in a townhouse with a shared courtyard and this afternoon I ducked into the house to grab my wallet (I always forget it) for about a minute when I came back out Yasin was running around in the nude to the amazement of about 10 of our neighbours who were out enjoying the sunset I don't really mind the nudie antics at home but I think I'm going to have to curb the public exhibitions.

Dach -LOL at Yasin's public display. It appears he feels comfortable doing a nudie run, even if the neighbours aren't that supportive!!! Well done to Imran cruising the furnitiure. Lazy bones Liam still isn't crawling so we are a long way off the cruising stage. i hope the tooth and ones to follow have not and do not cause too much grief.

Hi girls

Dach - I say let Yasin run free!! I'd personally think it was just too cute if I saw a little naked guy enjoying himself in his yard. Provided he was under the age of about five! Yay for Imran's tooth!! And OMG at him cruising around. Atm I'm clearing away anything within crawling reach, but it's going to go to a whole new level when she can pull herself up...

Thanks Kas, Dach & Steph for the good wishes. We had a lovely day and Lucy looked gorgeous in her gown. She wasn't happy about being held by the minister, but she didn't mind getting wet and overall behaved very well! We had about 25-30 ppl back to our place but DP handled all the host stuff brilliantly while I looked after her and *tried* to get her to sleep. She wouldn't go down properly and woke up again b4 we went to bed so ended up with us last night. I'm bugg*r*d today and she has a bit of a temperature, so either she has a touch of something or the tooth that I can now feel very clearly on the bottom.

She is sooooo close to taking off on her hands and knees. She gets around very well without actually crawling so I've already baby-proofed the lounge.

Must go, she's crying and ready for bed. Nana is here until tomorrow but she's saying "Mum" like she means it!

Alexa cut her first tooth last week & boy was she growly!!!!!!

She can also sit on her own for a little bit now & can stand on her own up against the couch!!!!! She is so not going to crawl, she is just gonna start running!!!!!!

Hi All! I'm back!!!
    Our move went pretty well, it was very hard to leave my family and then a week after we'd been up here a whole lot of stuff happened with my sisters idiot boyfriend (the proverbial hit the fan so to speak!) I was annoyed that I couldn't be there to help her but she is moving here to Kingaroy in two weeks time. She just had her 18 week scan and found out she is cooking a boy. She is going to call him Seth or Kyron. She hasn't quite made up her mind. I suggested Kyron and she has always liked the name Seth.
    My boys are all great. Archer is finding the adjustment the hardest but I think he will settle soon, it is only our second week here after all. He can't go to pre school until next year (I think) so we are trying to put together a preschool type program here at home. We are going to stay with Tony's parents til July next year when they leave to go away on their indefinite trip around Australia in their caravan. It is a long time to wait but I would rather get the boys settled in here instead of moving into a rental place and then turn around and move back in here, IYKWIM. Braxton is the same as he always is, very happy go lucky. Cailan has 5 teeth, the four on the top and one down the bottom. he has cut them all since the 29th of October. They have came in fast. His exzema is still here but not so bad. I got hydrocortizone creams and lotions from the doctor and just have to go to a dermatologist with him now. He is trying to crawl but only succeeding in going backwards! Other than this news I have no more! Hope to catch up with you all at some point in the next few days/weeks.
    Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Jen - i am so glad all went well on sunday and that Lucy beaheved for the service. I am sure she was just beautiful. I hope you enjoyed having your mum around - I am sure Lucy had her wrapped around her litle finger.

Mitch - three cheers foe Alexa cutting her tooth - pitty she was miserable though. I hope for your sake she crawls first just to give you time to adjust.

Steph - it's great to have you back. I am glad you have settled in and i am sure in no time the boys will also. Congrats on your sis finding out about having a boy and i hope things with her are settled soon. Wow at Cailan's teeth - he must look so cute with mainly top teeth and a lonely one at the bottom.

I was at work again today and when i met up with DH afterwards so he could drop Liam off on the way to an appointment he told me that Liam managed to pull himself to a standing position in his cot. I kinda didn't believe him but he convinced me and said he did a few times and also managed to sit himself back down without topolling(?sp) over. I kinda got sad that i missed it then i realised that DH doesn't get to see much that Liam does as a first time and i thought it was sweet how excited he was to tell me about it .

Anyway i'm off.....

Hi all,

i haven't posted for a while so i thought i would say hi and give an update to you all. I have been flat out thats for sure.
    As you all know i am preggas again with number 2 which means a 15mth age gap between Tayneesha and this one. :eek: I have had minor morning sickness which has been good and not too bad, i have been tired though i think more because i have been so damm busy! Thankgod i have done all the Chrissy shopping!

Tayneesha is now doing the following:

TEETH - She has her two bottom ones and i am sure more will come soon. She has been a little restless at night and waking two times at night. Maybe i should up her solids to be 4 not just three????

CRAWLING: She is crawling everywhere and started when she was 6.5 mths old, she is into everything and loves it! She sits fine on her own as well.

WALKING: She is not doing this just yet but i am sure she will be soon as she is pulling herself up onto everything and even her toy box to get her toys out - so cute! So yes she can stand by herself YEAH!!!!

WORDS: mum and dad at this stage and some sort of gibberish language which is really funny.

FOOD: She eats solids fruit and veges etc blended but a little lumpier now. She has also had sausages, vegemite on toast and things like that. She has had some meat but not too keen just yet but will keep on at it.

SWIMMING: Loves the pool and can not get enough of it, she kicks her legs and trys to do it all herself, so cute, she is going to be a good swimmer i would say.

SLEEPING: She has her on and off nights still but does not wake during the night any more than two to three times scattered. Sometimes it is all night which i just love that!

PLAYGROUP:She loves it and thinks it is the best thing ever, she has all her little play mates and loves BOYS!!!!!! It is just so cute to see, a little boy started to cry so she sat next to him and patted his back as if to say there there its all right.Ohh my little girl is growing up so fast! It also tires her out so she has a big sleep in the arvo. Good for me too!

Well thats about it, i probably will not post until after new year as i am flat out etc with organising our Holiday to Perth for Chrissy and all that, plus organising the Chrissy stuff here before we go for friends etc etc :eek: So hectic i wouldn't even know what day it is!

Take care and everyone have a wonderful and safe Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jen

Hi girls

Jen - good luck packing for your holidays and hope you have a lovely Xmas with your family. Glad to hear the pg is going well also. Tayneesha sounds like such a cutie!

Lucy has come down with a cold, but seems to be picking up a lot today. I took yesterday afternoon off work to look after her. She's spent the last three nights in our bed, she wakes up just before we go to bed and is inconsolable, only settles when I'm cuddling her. She's been bf throughout the night. I woke up this morning with a sore throat so I'm guessing she must have the same, so no wonder she wants a drink! She's just had loooooong nap now, about 2 1/2 hrs! She seems to be a lot better now and happily downed an apple and raspberry puree. Poor little thing, I felt so bad for her when she was sick.

Kas - Mum loves Lucy and enjoyed playing with her this time. She looks after foster-babies but it hasn't made any difference to how she's been with Lucy. Just a typical Nana. OMG at Liam pulling himself up!! See, he doesn't need to roll! Lucy can kinda do it on the coffee table and can hold herself up on the couch if I put her there.

Lucy is now getting very proficient at crawling backwards. She's into everything and I can't take my eyes off her. Today she's managed to pull apart the folder that had all of her baby photos in it, find the cord to the electric blanket under our bed, eat an instruction sheet for the printer and pull a rug off the couch. And she's been quiet for her!

Hope everyone else is well!
    Last edited by Jennifer13; November 15th, 2006 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Lucy pushed on the keyboard and posted!

Time for a new thread found HERE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678