Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #2

Sarah, did you co-sleep with Xander? just wondering if you did, did he find it difficult to fall asleep on his own when you stopped co-sleeping? Does Ariya go between you and the end of the bed, or between you and Bob?

Cass, Claire is also not too keen on the baby bath, but seems to enjoy being in the big bath with me... I assumed it was because in the big bath it is so much closer to me and the skin on skin contact makes her comfy and safe and happy?

gosh I think Claire has ruined my left nipple/boob. Its really killing me and I'm getting this stabbing pain inside my boob underneath my nipple. Not pleasant!

Karina, I had some real pain in my left nipple when I first started feeding and so I just ended up expressing on the left and feeding him on the right. Not sure you could completely get away with that now because she's a lot older (this is when S was only a couple of days old, so milk was just coming in and he wasn't feeding that much). But it might give you a break for half a day or something to help it heal?

Sarah, glad to hear the beehinds worked well! I've read really good reviews of them.

Cass, glad to hear Izzy liked the bath Sebastian is keen on the big bath too altho' he also likes his baby bath.

Crankier than usual this evening (S, not me!!) but since about 7:30 he settled down and is seeming to sleep well. Had a huge feed around 6:30 so I guess was gearing up for his long sleep (we can but hope, right?!)

Karina -yep coslept with Xander although we never planned it, We have always put both kids to sleep in their own beds and brought them in with us when they woke so I don't think it ever affected going to sleep. We do gentle sleeping though so he was always either feed, patted or just sat with until he went to sleep and has now chosen to go to sleep by himself after we read to him. He does very occassionally come into our bed during the night after a bad dream, it's a bit crowded now :-) Xander was a frequent waker/feeder but I think this was just him and we started cosleeping so I could cope.

Ariya usually goes between me and a bed rail and sometimes between me and DH which is why we have the pillow.

Sasha - just trying to work out which one to use next.

Hi girls - well thank goodness my little girl is an angel sleeper overnight! Have been feeling really tired for the last 3 days and thought it was just because my friend was down and I wasn't getting enough rest well I actually think it may have been cause I was brewing a bug. Hit me last night, high fevers, muscle and joint aches and pains and a TERRIBLE headache that nothing would touch. What made it worse is that DH is also unwell so we are a good bunch. We were both in bed by 8.30 which is the earliest I think we have EVER gone to bed! We Kept Grace in her rocker and took her down the bedroom too and she woke at 10.30. Was a bit fussy after the feed and didn't settle until 12.30 but then slept until 6am! Feeling better than last night but really hoping she doesn't get whatever we have had. She has had an intermittent snotty nose for a couple of days....DH is at the drs now as he also has abdo pain which sounds like a grumbling appendix to me (he had the pain 2 months ago as well). Which is absolutely fantastic, today is our third wedding anniversary, we were talking about getting my mum to watch grace for a while so we could have some our time together but both of us don't really feel up to going out anywhere! To top it off the present that I got DH didn't arrive in time - here I was thinking I was being clever. Oh well...

Sasha I hope Sebastian is feeling better soon,it must just be the time of year for colds and flus etc.

Grace absolutely hated her baby bath until the last week or so, the only thing we changed was make it a bit warmer (around 37-38 degrees) and not as deep so her bottom actually sits on the bottom of the bath. We were also washing her hair and face before putting her in but we don't do that now, it all gets done in the bath, She actually slept in the bath 2 nights ago!! It was very funny.

We put the mobile back up on Graces cot this morning (we had taken it off as it was in the way and she was too little), well I turned it on this morning while I was setting up for a nappy change and it stopped her dead in her tracks, she even gave some smiles..it was really cute.

Jo - maxalon is also good for boosting milk supply but that is prescription. Frequent feeds may help but as Sarah said,maybe he just doesn't gain weight as quick - at least he is gaining weight right? You could have a porker like me that is now over a kg bigger than when she was born (and I feel it too when I am carrying her!).

Sarah - glad the baby beehinds work. Have heard good reports, may have to have a look. What size did you get? Where did you get the pillow with the night light? Sounds good. lol at putting on first wondersuit. Obviously a lot cooler down here, we had to go and buy more and now she almost doesn't fit in the 000s anymore and she is in 00s (bonds is so much smaller).

Hope everyone has a good day.

Rachel` - im galde u mentioned about the size grace is now in the bonds as it gives me an idea on wat other babies r at the samne age in clothes were in our 000 bonds still but they fit perfectly dontt to buy anymore in them as it would b a waste .... his a real chuba now.. all the booby milk his gettin his a guts lol

talking baout co sleeping i ve done it with all my other 3 kids and still have our 2 yr old in with us , as he doesnt want to sleep anywere else, but 4th time round ive really been good ive tried getting up to Taylen all the time when his crying and feeding him putting him back in his bassinet which is in our room right next to our bed it nakes life a little bit easier, but we really have no choice as we live with the inlaws and we r limited to bedrooms

I FIND THAT DURING THE DAY IF I LET tAYLEN GO TO SLEEP ON HIS STOMACH ON OUR BED HE SLEEPS FOR HRS ANYONE ELSE S BUBS LOVES THERE BELLY?

gosh im going to have to get an appointment this week for the 6 week check up gees times going fast ,
    later
    Savina

WOW...lotsa talking!! I started to read last night, but Oskar decided that he didn't want me too so I haven't caught up on everything prior to the last few posts.

Karina, I reckon that bubs likes the skin on skin contact...also maybe cos the water is deeper and you are holding them differently to how you do in a baby bath that maybe they do feel more secure. I know that Oskar just LOVES having a bath with me. I hope that your nipple feels better soon

I find that Oskar isn't a good day sleeper and just naps mostly. If I go out though he will sleep longer once he falls asleep in the car...although that can even take a while. By late afternoon (around 5:30) he has started to chuck a wobbly cos he's tired. So I am sooooo happy that I bought a hug a bub the other day cos I pop him in it with his dummy (not a fan of them he only took it first time yesterday and I got grocery shopping done!! I wasn't getting anything done before) and he's asleep within 5 mins. Last night I was able to cook dinner and EAT it and he slept happily in the hug a bub...tonight so far, he's done the same thing. Just need to go and eat my dinner in a min (DH has done most of the cooking - BBQ). I was thinking that the hug a bub is really expensive...and it is..BUT it's already helped my sanity and Oskar's vocal chords...lol. We have a weigh in on Tuesday so that will be interesting to know just how much my little man has grown already...I better go and do the mash and eat my dinner. I hope you all are going well and your little bundles as well...I will try to get on and read more often.

Bec, yeah i think I might just try expressing a little. Nipple needs a break!

Sarah thanks. I think we might try a bit of co-sleeping, just on the nights when Claire just wont sleep... I've just spent the last hour and half trying to settle her.

Rachel,
    I hope you feel better very soon - you really dont need to be sick right now. Bummer that your present didnt arrive, how annoying. Happy anniversary too. We do the same thing with the face/fair washing - at first we did it before bath, now, do it in the bath. I think she used to get cold or something and didnt like it.

Savina, yay that Taylen is growing well. We're in 000 bonds wondersuits also, but other clothes she wears the 0000 or 00000. The different brands seem to be differnt sizes. Claire sometimes likes her belly, but she doesnt sleep on her belly unless she is on my or DH's chest.

Cass, I'd love to be able to cook dinner and EAT it lol. Tonight, I had cold dinner lol.

Weighed Claire the other day and she is almost 4kg, the chubba! She is very long now..maybe taking after her very tall daddy lol. I do hope she grows some hair on the top of her head. Its only on the back and sides lol.

Karina - Yea i guess thats what it is with the bath/shower... Just loves being with her mumy hehe! izzy has ruined my Right boob... But it's slowly healing, i really do love the paw paw ointment it has worked a treat.

Racheal - I hope u start to feel better hun. I been feeling under the weather lately too... Getting huge headaches and really sore tummy... Happy Wedding Anniversary!!! 3 cheers for you guys!

I might try that with Izzy not make the baby bath so deep... I had izzy on the floor today under her toy thingy, and she lovd it had her amuzed for 30mins! which was great!
    Izzy is in size 00 now, and some 000 - but i've already had to put some 000 away coz they where to small my lil porker!!!

Savina - Izzy likes her Tummy too, and i have found dosnt like her back... and i put he to bed on her bk the other day went in to checxk on her n she was on her side!yea i better book my 6wk check up too... before we head to tazzie!

Cass - whats the hug a bub? I wasnt a fan of the dummy either, always said im not using them! untill Izzy came! and i have to say im secretly in love!

almost 4kg omg soo small karina! My chubber is 5kg already!

With the ladies that are co-sleeping... Is anyone else getting hmmm how to word it... snotty comments when friends/family/strangers here that your co-sleeping... My gawd i've had that many comments about it like "oh you have to get her out of that habit now" "your spoiling her" and some other really rude remarks about my parenting! How do i still sound polite but tell them to p**s off at the same time?!?!?

lol Cass blob, when people make mean comments about my parenting i tell them some thing to the effect of "you had/will have your chance.. let me do what i am happy/comfortable with" i dont think that its a rude comment, but to me its like basically saying shut up and get over, but it in a nicer way. Woohoo that the toy thingy amuses Izzy. We have one too and Claire likes to bash the dangly things with her fist.

hehe kewl! Its particuliary annoying when they dont have children! grr... But i might use your comment! mines alittle ruder lol! How is clair today? Izzy sleeping Wahoo thought for a while there she was going to stay up forever lol!

Cass haha what was your comment to those silly people? I havent had many comments really, but its always good to have a comeback for when people comment. I'm not very witty so I always think of a goood comment like 2 hours later which isnt much use! Claire is not impressed tonight. I've tried everything and she is just not settling! I did make an attempt to use the dummy but she doesnt seem to like it. I am hoping DH hurries up and comes home soon. I just know he'll be home really late though - of course, on the night i need his help lol!

lolz i'm the same! Come up with a witty comment the day later~ And you can't really go back and say it lolz! So i try save it for next time but that dosn't work! lolz. My comment a little like this "shut up! unless your the one that spent 27hours in labout with her! They get a bit snotty when i say that! lolz.

I hope Claire settled for you! Izzy ended up sleeping till 4am! (from 8) my goodlil pumkin! hehe its noice passing them off to others every once and a while, my mumz been great, n izzy usually settles forher when she wont settle for me...

oh yeah about the co sleeping ive had it 4 years, people commenting ive had all our kids in with us to , i just ignore them its always worked for me, im the one gotta get up to em in the nite so stuff em,,,, were happy dh sorta throws in smart remarks about it when ppl r around but he knows he loves it to , and well he really doesnt have a say and thats his own words until the day he gets up to kids he can try and stop it lol

karina- CLAIRE IS SO SML MY BUBS IS OVER 5 KGS ALREADY AND WAS BORN JUST OVER 4KGS. SO HIS HAD A HEAD START

OMG non stop screaming (well, he did stop sometimes to nap for about 2 mins at a time and catch his breath) for 45 minutes this morning starting at 5am, I have never heard him scream like that before, it was awful. I guess it was "just" wind, he was drawing his legs up and so tense, eventually he wore himself out and went back to sleep. It was at the end of a fairly sleepless night, I had indigestion from mushrooms and didn't get to sleep until about 3 am so I'm pretty exhausted today! We are getting takeaway tonight...

On the bright side I've had him the HAB and it calms him right down, and he's so much happier today than yesterday, so I guess his cold is getting better. Certainly wasn't helping his sore throat with all that screaming - he was just about hoarse! Hope you've all had a good weekend

Cass, after Claire finally settled, she slept for 7 hours! Fantastic! Longest sleep I have had in a while lol. Wow @ sleeping from 8 till 4!

Savina,
    thats good the cosleeping works for you. I get annoyed when people say dumb comments about things they dont know much about. Claire was 2.9kg at birth. Sounds like Taylen is growing very well!

Bec, i hope S settles better tonight. I can really sympathise with you, Claire has days like that too and sometimes theresnot a lot you can do Glad the HAB is good though.

We had my aunty & uncle over today. It was lovely to see them and ramble on about Claire to someone other than DH, lol. They also gave me some lovely gifts including a really pretty blanket with her name embroidered on it.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Nicholas is doing well, we have him sleeping in his own room now in his cot. He seems to like it much better than his bassinet and sleeps for about 1 1/2 hours at a time during the day. We are still trying to get him to go for longer stretches during the night, and I am going to try giving him a "dream feed" before I go to bed to see if it helps him to go for a bit longer. I really struggled to b/f him last night as my bb's were so sore, so we gave him a bottle. I am going to try again tonight, as I really want to avoid the bottle for now.

Oops, gotta go, Nicholas is awake for his next feed.

Rachel - hope you are feeling better. I love all my nappies, the bumgenius pockets are fab and both them and the beehinds are one size nappies so it fit's right up to toddler. The berry plush are gorgeous but I don't know if I'm using them right. I'm pleased I actually got to use my wondersuits before Ariya outgrew them, they are fairly snug but she is a bit of a shorty so not too bad, she is mainly still in ooo occasionally fits into some oo but it is so frustrating as it is still over 30 here most days and there is no summer clothes available grrrrr.

Savina - yeah Ariya is a tummy sleeper too. We put her down on her tummy for naps and finds she settles much easier although we keep an good eye on her. During the night I usually settle her in bed with us on her back or side but she rolls over by herself anyway.

ozziehoffy - Ariya isn't much into daytime sleeping either, mayber 1 hour is the max we get in one time.

Karina - I love co-sleeping it is so much easier and beautiful feeling waking up in the morning with your bubba beside you (or in my case bubba and DS nestled up to one another - me watching very closely as DS is a wiggler :-) Woohoo on Claire hitting 4kg! Not usre how much Ariya weighs we have our 6wk check on thurs or fri - better go check hey :-)

Cass - we coped all the comments you can imagine about co-sleeping, BF, not intro-9ing solids until 6mth, slinging, attachment parenting OMG it felt like we were being attcked or made fun at at every turn. we found the best way to handle it was to gather lots of info to strike back with, particularly about the nature of babies and how they are designed to sleep next to their parents and that seperate sleeping has only been introduced into western society in the last 100 yrs or so. Even the SIDS foundation acknowledge that co-sleeping is beneficial to setting infants sleeping patterns and encouraging regular breathing etc as long as it is done responsibly. great book called The No-Cry Sleep Solution that has lots of info too. Best bit is by the time our DS was 2 everyone was commenting on how well adjusted and out-going he is after us being told he would be spoilt and clingy - giving them comfort actually helps them in developing self confidence which you probably know anyway. and really when push comes to shove it's you not them having to get out of bed every few hours isn't it :-)

sasha - ari has had a few of those sessions today OMG won't even go into the arvo we had last night.

Jo hope your nipples recover quickly, I've got a tin of formula in the cupboard as my nipples were so bad I was ready to give up but luckily the nipple shields worked wonders. Hope you can hang in there.

Hi girls, just a quick hello before grace wakes, which will be any minute. Feeling much better which is good. We ended up at the emergency department on saturday with DH as the GP thought it was appendicitis. Weren't there for long luckily but it may be a grumbling appendix (as i suspected), but they wouldn't do anything yet so just watch it and if the pain gets worse come back. He had yesterday of work but has gone back today.

oh..Grace has woken. Be back later....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast