Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007

hello ladies....well we made it through the night! lol. Have to say wasn't the best night we've had but could have been much worse. wouldn't sleep but 15 minutes in the evening unless she was being held. Made organising dinner interesting! Was wanting a feed every 1.5-2.5 hours which is unusual for her. Gave her a bath and she flaked it after her next feed. Good sleep then taking long time to settle after feeds overnight, up to 1.5 hours, then waking an hour later for another feed. Unusual for sure, maybe she was missing daddy. Plus one of our cats is at the vet (the vocal one) so it was very quiet here last night, maybe she picked up on that? Anyways, could have been worse for sure.

Sasha I hope Sebastian is having a better day. It is absolutely horrible when they scream and scream and you can't settle them. We've only had that happen once but it was horrid, plus Grace has cried real tears from birth which really tugs at my heart strings! lol. I'm waiting for my hab to arrive, hope it's soon, will make life a lot easier (once i work out how to put it on).

Sarah don't know how you find the time or energy to study and look after 2 children, just amazing. I don't really know anything about attachment parenting, should look it up.

Brooke, glad to hear lucas is going well. It's good charlotte has accepted him so well. Grace will give the appearance of a routine and then throw a spanner in the works! The only constant I can see is she likes to be awake and play in the morning and she is unsettled and demanding cuddles between 4pm and 8.30pm and seems to only sleep after a bath and feed. I know that a proper routine will come, just have to be patient. Hopefully she will learn to fall asleep on her own when she is older, for now cuddles it is! I agree that the dummy definitely works, Grace is the same as Lucas, not at night andcan spit it out when asleep and not be bothered. Lets hope it stays that way.

Have a good day.

Brooke, that's amazing that Lucas can roll over so early - Sebastian is starting to lift his legs up so I guess he'll get there soon. I'm looking forward to when he gets old enough to get interested in Easter, Charlotte will be at a great age to enjoy it this year!

Glad to hear your first night without DH went well, Rachel! I think they do pick up on stuff like people not being there - our youngest cat LOVES Sebastian! I have to watch her because she is very fluffy and I don't want her to smother him. Today when S was having tummy time on the bed she jumped up and licked him on the head Not too keen on her cleaning him really, but it was quite sweet. When he was screaming yesterday she came up and looked at us and miaowed at me, as if to say, "come on, do something!"

Thank goodness today is a better day. He finally dropped off to sleep properly around 8:45 and I tried to wake him to feed him around 10:45 so that he would sleep through but he wasn't interested. So I just changed him and he slept right through until 2:50!!! YAY!!! I couldn't believe I got a good four hours' sleep in, I felt so good.

We had a bit of a screaming session earlier, but managed to calm him down by putting him on his back on my knees and pumping his legs in towards his stomach, and it seemed to give him some relief. So something is upsetting his tummy... I'm thinking what I've eaten in the past days to upset him? Once he was calmer I put him on his tummy on the playmat and he went to sleep for about 1/2 hour, and he's much better now. He's doing some amazing farts LOL

Booked S and me into our six week check yesterday - it's next week!! Oh, and while we were playing a bit yesterday he was smiling loads, it was so cute!

I got the hug a bub!! Can't believe how quickly it came. Father in law ordered it on line Sunday afternoon. It was from a site that one of BB members runs, so very impressed with service. I think it will take a bit of practice to get the tieing of it right but between
    DH and me we got there and Grace has been sound a sleep in it for and hour and a half and I have actually been able to do stuff!! I'm in love!! lol!! She had a small grizzle when she first went in, I gave a jiggle and a sway and she was out! Still moving around a bit stiff until I gain confidence in it, but one of the better things is is that I am typing with both hands and holding her!! Haven't done that since she was born. She seems very content, she is actually due for a feed but there is no sign of waking. Will wake her at 7pm if she doesn't wake before. We are going to use it in the daytime only, don't want her to think she doesn't have to go into the cot at all. We figure she is usually held in the day because she won't go down but has no probs at night in cot so this is no different except my hands are free. Got our medicare cards today with Graces name added - so cute, we are a real family. Also got her special birth certificate, very nice. So annoyed though, went to put her normal birth certificate with ours the other day and mine has gone AWOL. I'm a bit concerned as it can't just disappear of the face of the earth, but I always kept them together. I'll have to keep looking.

Bec, we have kept the cats away from Grace until she gets old enough to roll at least. I was paranoid about them hoping in the cot with her and smothering her. We have kept them from touching her because we figure if they don't realise that she is a warm thing they won't try to sleep with her, so far it has been ok. They usually sleep with us at night, especially as it is getting colder cause they seek the warmth, we don't want them using grace as a water bottle! One of our cats has just cost us a small fortune at the vets. He has idiopathic cystitis - basically inflammation of the bladder. He started to wee blood on Sunday night so a trip to the vet it was. He's not infective so they can't do anything but encourage fluid intake -so another $230 down the drain and no miracle cure to be had PLUS, he now has to go onto a differnt diet of prescription food which is 5 times the cost of his previous food. The things we do for our lovely animals! Hope he gets better soon poor chicken.I'm glad you had a better day. Makes such a difference doesn't it. Wow, 6 weeks next week. It's amazing how quickly the time goes. Grace will be 4 weeks on Thursday, can't believe it. Still feels like yesterday that she was born, but on the other hand it feels like she has always been here, iykwim.

So tired tonight, it will be an early one I think (or should I say I hope). Have a good one girls.

Well today was def a bull%**** day! Tate had a good night but has been awake since 7:30am wanting feeds every 2hrs. He will drop off to sleep and 5mins later he is awake again crying. He is finally asleep now and his last feed was at 4pm so I plan on waking him (if he doesnt himself) at 8pm for a last feed for the day, and hopefully he will sleep until around 2am-ish.....

Sasha, sounds like Sebastian has lots of gas or is constipated? I think Tate is going through the same thing, I'm sure their little bodies will work out what to do soon enough (lets hope sooner rather than later!)

Rachel, sounds like you did a great job through the night, and Grace too.

DS#1 made today even harder, we went for a lovely long walk and stopped at the park on the way home and he decided to be very sooky and ignored me when I asked him to come down off the equipment. Was not at all impressed, then Tate started crying, it was getting cold, and I was not a happy Mummy! He went straight to his room when we got home and I told him to come out when he was ready to stop sooking and be a big boy!

Brooke, give yourself some credit girl, those gorgeous, well behaved babies are all thanks to you, dont think any differently!

hi just a quick post, Ariya thinks I'm a walking milk machine today been exhausting, luckily DH was here to help out at kindy gym as she was just constantly on the boob !

Brooke - it is hard isn't it, I feel like one of them (or DH) is constantly missing out - serious mother guilt here. Have to get into the swing of putting drinks and snacks where xanny can get them himself as he always wants something while we are feeeding.
    Ariya can roll too! I was told it was just part of the reflex thing at the hospital though but she is still doing it and pushing up on her elbows.

Rachel - hope tonight goes better for you

Sasha pleased you had a better day!!!!! let me know how you find the hug a bub! Sometimes it is annoying to try and tie so if they give you any tips *I'd love to hear them esp how to tie it for BF????

Just finished my nappy shopping, was so much fun. Can't wait to get them and try them out. Gotta run Dh at footy and dinner smells like it is burning - eek.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Morning Girls

Rachel: - WE got our medicare cards to with Kaidens name on it & his birth cert, we got the ones with the adult & baby hand on it.. So quick may i say. And we got the maternity money too.. within 1 week of filling in forms.

Jessica: - how did you go with Tate lastnight?? Did he swing out of his mood??

Bec: - I have used Saline drops on Kaiden in the ealry days his nose was so blocked and its blocked again, he has the tiniest little nostrels, I will put some more drops in today i think, he is really finding it hard to breathe. I tried putting some breast milk up there while feeding him cause apparently that is good, but i need to express and put it in a syringe to make it go up his nose better.

I am worried about Kaiden, every time i feed he is throwing up his milk, even 20 minutes/40 minutes later still throwing it up. The last two feeds have only been 10 minutes and most of that was thrown back up within 1 minute of holding him up right.

It doesnt affect the way he sleeps and he isnt crying in pain?????? Does anyone know how i might be able to stop this??? I heard 10ml of boiled water before each feed is good... Does anyone else have a vomiter?? its so messy, i am forever cleaning up milk and doing washing.

I am going to go and weigh him tomorrow morning? 1 week from his last weigh in to see if this vomiting is affecting his weight gain.

Also I am using a dummy sometimes!! I didnt want to use a dummy but its the only way I am getting some sleep in the mornings.. mainly the 3.30 feed..

Recommendation to get the book Baby Love, lots of good information in this book.

I am also getting sick I have the sorest throat, having a cuppa boiling water with honey and have been gargling warm salt water at each nappy change. I dont want to get sick.. I am going to Groove Armada & Sneaky SOund System concert tomorrow night... I didnt get sick through my whole pregnancy now look at me.. Im a wreck. Anyone else feeling sick??

Sonia, grace is a vomiter too - mainly small posits but always happens after a feed, even if she burps. I have taken to putting a bib on her and using a nappy just to save on washing. Little posits/vomits are normal as long as not affecting weight gain and wet nappies. They aren't projectile vomits are they? Some babies are just chucky babies, lucky it doesn't smell bad huh. I know I can't believe how quickly the maternity payment came.

Sarah, what nappies did you get? Interested to see what you think. We have 2 pea pods but haven't used them yet, Grace absolutely saturates the flanalette nappies now.

Jessica, hope you have a better day today.

We are going shopping today and we are going to use the hab instead of pram. Haven't really had a successful shop in pram due to overstimulation and we end up carrying her anyway. We'll have the pram in the car just in case. Wish us luck, have heaps to do so need a settled lady. DH will wear it as I'm going to buy a new outfit for a bbq on friday, bit hard to try on clothes with grace in the way!

Got cat back from vet and he seems fine but other cat has gone mad and keeps hissing and growling and swiping at him. Worse than children, lol. Have a good day.

Taia's Mum Guest

Well Taia let me sleep for 4hrs last night without wanting her milk fix! It was heaven! Wish more nights were like that one! Anyone have any idea how long it takes them to start sleeping longer at night?

I test drove the baby carrier last night and she went to sleep in it which was good! Let me get a few things done around the house while she was attached to me!

Hope everyone else got a good nights sleep last night!

xoxox

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi Rachel
    It can be projectile at times but normally just alot comes out and dribbles down the side of his face sometimes, i try to keep him upright for a while thats when it seems to go flying a bit, i only have one cotton nappy that i use i must get some more so i can use them inside of so many little flannels. I have a bib on him too.

I really want it to stop though it scares me that he throws up all the time. Im hoping his stomach develops soon and can hold the milk, im presuming thats what it is.

Natty, Claire gave me 4 hours last night too! I was told *some* babies sleep through the night as early as 6 weeks, but for most it is more like 4-6 months before they sleep through the night. I'm hoping for 6 weeks personally!

Sonia, Claire also went through a vomitting stage too. It didnt affect her weight gain or anything like that. I was told my the nurse at the Baby health centre that it ight have just been that she was being a little piggy and took more than she could handle so it came back up. It lasted about a week for her. I was using a cloth nappy under her when I fed and burped her, then another nappy under her when i placed back in bed so she could spew on it rather than the sheets or me. I bought a big packet of them from Big W a few days before she was born. Great to use as towels as well. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you enjoy the concert tomorrow night.

Sarah, good luck with your cloth nappies! I saw some the other day, and I never reaslised you could get the colourful fancy ones. I always thought they were just the square terry towel ones.

Brooke, great to hear little Lukey is being such a good sleeper. Wow at rolling over already too!

Jessica i hope Tate settles down for you. It must be so hard with two little ones to give attention to.

Bec, yay on the long sleep! How gorgeous are the smiles! So beautiful. LOL @ the amazing farts. Claire does huge ones while I am feeding her. I dont even think she notices because she keeps going like nothing even happened! hmmm i must also remember to make that booking for our 6 week checkup.

oooh i got a beautiful smile from Claire the other day when we were playing. I dont think it was gas, i think it was a real smile. Sooo cute! She seems to enjoy sleeping on her side and I always see her trying to roll onto her side - she isnt quite there yet. She is alot stronger than I thought she would be at this stage, especially her legs.

I am definately getting that let down feeling you have all described to me. I am just a bit clueless and didnt know that was what it is called! I get it in both boobs when I am feeding and at other random times too. Sometimes I dont even notice it until my shirt is soaking. So ultra sexy especially when I am out. haha

We have got our new Medicare cards (my first card with my married name on it - i have been lazy) and birth certificate which is waiting up at the post office as it was snet registered post... but we still dont have our maternity payment. Its been just over 2 weeks since we filled in the form. DH wants to use the money to buy a new fridge, lol, because ours is not very good. I hope they hurry up.

Well the last couple nights Claire has been sleeping a bit longer between feed. I also gave her the longest feed so far last night, which was 40 minutes. Couldnt believe how much she wanted, she just kept going, then slept 4.5hours afterwards!

Well I am going to go for a little walk now with Claire. Starting to get a bit cabin feverish in this house!

Hi girls, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself and my new addition. Nicholas arrived in a hurry 3 days before his due date. My whole labour was 2 hours 45 mins, and we only arrived at the hospital about 40 mins before he was born. My Ob missed it as he had taken St Pat's day off, but I had a lovely midwife who managed to catch Nicholas (only just as I think he practically flew out in two pushes, and I was standing up!!). As he arrived so quickly, he was a bit bruised and still has two black eyes and broken capillaries in each eye, but they should be gone soon. I stayed in hospital for 4 days, until my milk had come in and I was comfortable with breastfeeding.

Since being home, b/f has had its challenges, and my nipples are still really sore. Yesterday I was dreading every time he woke up as I knew he would want to have a feed, but we managed to get through it. He definately feeds better during the day as at night he fusses around and finds it hard to attach. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I have large breasts (E cup at the moment) and fairly flat nipples, so when he first attaches, even if it is correct, it takes him a few sucks to really pull the nipple back into his mouth. I haven't contacted a lactation consultant, but I think I will next week. The child health nurse is coming this afternoon, so I will get her to see how he is attaching too. Luckily, I haven't had mastitis which I had 3 times with my daughter, and Nicholas feeds really well once he is on so I haven't been too engorged at all.

I have enjoyed reading all the posts in here so far, and it is really reassuring to know everyone else is going through the same things and that they are normal. It has been 6 1/2 years since my daughter Jasmyn was born and while I am a lot more relaxed with Nicholas and know what to expect, I have forgotten a lot of the little things.

Taia's Mum Guest

Hi Jo! I was having issues when my milk came in and the midwife gave me a nipple shield - this really helped me with the pain as bubs so kindly gave me traumatised nipples thanks to her great sucking ability! They are now healed but I'm too scared not to use the shield anymore because I don't want that pain again! The last few days it has also been a fight to get her to attach at night - but we are getting there!

xoxoxoxo

Taylen has been very clingy lately he cries and then once u pick uim up he amazinly stops isnt this a hard thing to deal with he wants me to hold him all the time, it makes it hartd as i cant get alot of things done...... went easter shopping today just thge 2 of us it makes it alot easier and he was really good, gave him a breast feed while i ordered my digital pics in bigw they have stools there so i didnt have to waste time going to the bAbies room , people were probaBLY LOOKIN BUT STUFF EM id rather that then hear him scream ,,,
    just mak sure my boob wasnt hangin out ....

oh aand i got the delayed hemmoroids i thought id got away without them just told to increase my water and fibre which ive been doin and buy some cream from the chemist to help...... its all sems to b workin

i get wat the bub a hub is now ive just put in a bid on ebay fore one as i reallt need 1 , especially with a todler and a new born but i dont want to pay alot for as this i s our last child and it we wont get alot of use out of it....

not so good my poppy died yesterday in a car accident ..... so this has been very surreal he had had alot of heart attacks and was very overweight and had been in and out of hosp and we all thought this would be more likely to kill him not this its really caught us all for A big shock we all just keep expecting him just to drive down the road... well i dont want to wreck this lovely chats with my sad news just had to vent it out... im so gl;ade he got to see Taylen though ....

well everyones sounding really goood and all the normal baby things seem like there happening its really good to hear everyones elses stories
    catch u all latere
    Savina

Hi Jo, nice to have you in the March babies..
    I am also an E cup and have flat nipples, i was using a shield for two weeks and then my SIL came over and showed me how to get the nipple in K's mouth and it worked.. SO Happy so now he latches on like a champ and havent had any problems, I was going to get the lactation consultant out but dont have to now.

I have the flu so not feeling well at all and i am going out tonight to a concert.. Oh boy i dont think i will be dancing as much as i want. K isnt settling today, he has an awesome night and cut out his 3.30 feed so sleep from 2am to 8am.. YAY.. Got him in the pram pushing him while on the computer he is so tired he keeps yawning but doesnt want to go to sleep, i got the grandparents looking after hiim tonight so looking forward to a bit of a break away. I have expressed two bottles so all going well he want need anymore.

I put my freshly keen pj top on lastnight and after feeding K (even with a flannel next to me ready for his vomit) he vomited (projeticled) over me everywhere.. Ahhh justs started laughing really.. I havent had the energy to take him to the clinic to weigh him will have to do it when I have some energy back, thank god its the long weekend and DH is home alll 4 days.. I can have some rest. Im sure if it was affecting him he would be screaming alot for food so Im not really that worried that the vomiting is affecting his weight.

Savina my condelences to you and your family, Im sorry to hear about your Poppy, that is not good news.. Thinking of you!

Sorry, I haven't read through all the posts since I posted here last. I've been so busy with Oskar and his being a boob man...lol.

Savina, I am so sorry to hear about your Poppy.

Jo, it's great to see you hun. How's Nicholas doing?

Oskar has been doing really well. I had 2 nights where he went 5 hours and 6 hours, but no more of that. Last night was 4 hours then 3 and the night before was pretty much every 2 hours, so yesterday I was a Zombie, but today I woke up feeling wonderful. We even went for a walk for about an hour and a half with Daddy this morning. He feeds like he's never going to see another booby in his life!!

My friend (who was my bridesmaid) is also pg and due tomorrow, called me this afternoon to let me know she was on her way to the hospital, so now I feel like an expectant father and am hanging for my phone to ring!! I am so excited for her and can't wait as Oskar and I will be going to visit his Aunty Mel and his new little playmate very soon now.

I will try to get in more often and keep up with everyone, everything and all the little bubs as they grow. Hopefully Oskar will sleep a little more than catnaps in the day as it felt I was constantly feeding him and had no time to even hang the washing. It's all good though, cos I am treasuring this time so much as he'll be all too big all too soon.

Take care and be back soon

Hi Jomarie, congratulatiosn on the birth of your son. Wow what a quick labour. Hope your appointment goes well and your nipples feel better soon.

Savina, ikwym about bub being clingy. Claires been having such clingy moments. Cries but is happy once I pick her up. Only way she will settle is a good long suck at booby. With feeding in public places, I tell people "you eat in public, why cant my baby eat in public too!" That shuts people up. So sorry to hear about your Poppy.

Sonia, hoping you feel better soon. have fun tonight at the concert.

Went to my Parents group today. I got there late as my car stopped working so I caught a bus. Luckily it was one of the buses with disability access so I was easily able to get the pram on and off, and a nice man offered to help me (first time any random person has offered to help me with my huge pram), although when I got off the bus all the people trying to get on just stood in my way until I rammed my pram into them. Had a nice time with the other mums, and ate lots of really tasty cookies, then walked home. It was a really nice long walk and I felt great afterwards. Amazing what a bit of exercise can do. Its the first time I've done a decent walk since giving birth.

Does anyone else notice lots of people stop and talk to you about your baby when youre out?

Looks like we are going to get some rain tonight. Always seems to rain at Easter?

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and gets lots of choc.

Happy easter to all!!! Hope the easter bunny is really noice to you and even noicer to your bubs (hehe then you get to eat hers/his easter eggs too hehehe)

Savina, i'm sorry to hear about your poppy.

I've had very clingy baby last week so although ive been reading the post, i aint been responding soz! she just loves cuddles with mum...already this nap time shes woken up three times i pick her up give her a cuddle and shes fast asleep again, then shell do the same thing in half an hour...

has anyone else bubs got milkspots? Izzys got them bad... and i think there getting worst today, so i taken her to the doctor tomorrow, just to make sure thats what they are, and he can hopefully give her some treatment for them...

We going on holidays in a months time... down to tazzie to see her new born 2ndcousin and to see her nana and aunties and uncles as they are leaving us - and moving down there...

I've had lots of random people stop and talk to me when i have izzy... its quite cute... more people i get to show her off too heheh

I've uploaded more photoes if u like to see...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast