Thread: Babies Born March 2007

Default Babies Born March 2007

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in March 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hello to all the other March mummies!!
    Finally got a quiet moment from all the breatfeeding and changing pooey nappies so just wanted to pop my head in here to see if anyone else was here yet!

hope you are all doing well and enjoying your little bubbas!

hi Karina, can't wait to be joining you in here early next week when we get home from hossy. How is everything going?

Hi Sarah, i hope it all goes well for you tomorrow! How exciting to know youll have your little girl in your arms tomorrow. I hope you get some good rest tonight, know I wouldnt be able to sleep.

We are going well, and I am happy to be home but to be honest I probably should have stayed in the hospital a bit longer but I was getting cabin fever and had to get out. I like being there because I had all the midwives on call to help with everything, but I am getting mroe rest and there arent so many distractions at home which is nice.

Claire is feeding so much - i feel like i have a breast out for her every five seconds, but I dont know if I am doing it right so I guess I just have to wait to see when my milk comes. DH is home with me this week, but back at work next week. I dont know how I am going to cope next week, but DH mum might come down and give us some help for the forst few days. I think I will need it. She used to be a midwife , and is obvisouly a mum herself, so she knows heaps of stuff and can help me with feeding.

i think i am going to get some sleep though cos i just know she is going to wake up expecting a feed at some ridiculous hour!

Hey Sarah, looking forward to you being able to post in here very shortly! Hope the birth went well.

Hi Karina, I feel the same way about breastfeeding - Sebastian seems to want to feed all the time, which is fine since my milk came in and my breasts were sooo enormous LOL I couldn't believe it. I had to really work at waking him up the other day, though; it was very hot and I didn't want him to just sleep and get dehydrated.

I was glad to come home early too, but in the end I probably should have tried to rest a bit more. My mum was up in Perth and came over everyday but I think I still overdid it because last night I had to go to hospital with heavy bleeding. We ended up staying there for about three hours, they checked me out and of course it had settled down by then (only to start again when I got home, but there was no way I was going back again!!) The doctor said that it's possible I have an early infection, since my lower belly is a little tender - it could be just from the birth but she suggested antibiotics just in case. Normally I would be pretty unimpressed about taking a/b "just in case" but having a little person dependent on you kind of makes the alternative of going to hospital in a few days with a full-blown infection fairly unattractive!

So I'm feeling a little fragile today, and I've just been down to the chemist to get the drugs, $40 later (!) and I'm going to settle down in front of the TV for the night

Sasha, OMG my breasts are enormous too, and I am used to have only tiny breasts so its really wierd to see them massive. I need to go out and get new bras. I think my milk is just coming in now. I hope the bleeding is nothing too serious and not an infection. That would be terrible. You know, i bleed a lot more right when I am feeding, and not so much during other times of the day when I am not feeding. I hope you are going well.

I've been feeling very weepy and had a few good cries. DH asks why I am crying and all I can tell him is that I just dont know! hormonal thing really, thats all.

Sarah, yay that you will be joining us here soon!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi Girls

How are you all.

I posted in our March area wasnt sure if this had been created yet.,

Cant wait to talk about our babies and what we are all going through.

Talk about huge boobs I am with you there, they are massive, ihave to go and buy new bras because i am only fitting into my sports bra at the moment and that is not the most comfortable for b/feeding. I have been having breat warmers on my boobs and then cold packs afterwards and massaging the blocked ducts every feed. They arent so bad today but I certainly know when its feeding time they start get all hard and sore..

Hope everyone is well, need to go for a lye down soo tired at the moment. Although Kaiden has been sleeping well and feeding well being at home i find myself doing things, cleaning and washing etc etc, not really resting when i should be.

Luv Son
    xx

Ugh, Sebastian is NOT sleeping well today. I'm so tired! Just logged onto the ABA website and have found instructions to their baby sling. My brother's g/f gave me her sling to use and I tried it just now and was really not doing it right! Now that I've found the right way, of course, Sebastian is fast asleep so I'm not about to wake him and try it out!! I think perhaps the antibiotics are making him a bit uncomfortable - I know they're giving me a bit of a tummyache so poor little guy must be feeling it too. I bought some yoghurt and yakult and have been taking that so hopefully that'll help him as well.

Sonia my breasts were so sore for a few days too, but now they seem to have settled down - still enormous by my standards!! but not quite as hard.

Have you girls been in touch with your community health nurse? Our local one is coming out to see us on Friday. It's kind of nice that we don't have to go in to see them yet - I like the idea of people coming to me

Well, I think I hear him stirring so better go see what's happening. Early night for me tonight, I think!

Hi ladies hope motherhood is treating you well.

Claire has been sleeping lots today - its bliss - but she'll probably be up all night wanting the booby. She is doing really well and I reckon she is massive compared to when she was born and its only been just over a week!

I still have a very sore tailbone, and its still quite sore to sit down, so if its not better by end of the week I think I will go see a physio and see what they say. Other than that my stiches seem to be healing nicely. Its such a yuk place to have stiches!

Sasha, we saw our community health nurse. She came to our house which is so handy. The baby health centre is only one street away so its not a big deal to get there for us, but it was definately nice to have her come here for the first time. She spent about an hour here going through our blue book and my hospital discharge report and a whole lot of other stuff, and she is also a lactation consultant which is quite handy.

i really should be sleeping while Claire is. Naughty me! I think I will at least have a lie down. Its so hard to sleep in the middle of the day though.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi Girls

Kaiden is being a very good boy, waking every three hours for a feed then back to sleep, he is a blessing thats for sure. Lets hope he stays this way. Very alert though when we do have some play time, his moving his head up and side to side.
    I took him out yesterday shopping for the day, he slept in the pram the whole time, well except for feed time.
    Im seeing my health nurse tomorrow, she comes out to me.. YAY.. although she is only at the next suburb. I dont want to drive really beacause Kaiden is way to small for the baby seat, he gets lost in there, I feel sorry for him

Sasha I hope Sebastian is better today, hope you had some sleep. Karina hope your tailbone is getting better.

Love to you all.

SOnia
    xxx

Wow, Sonia, enjoy those regular sleep/feed cycles, what a good baby! Sebastian still not sleeping that well - seems to have quite bad tummyache, poor little guy. I'm looking forward to the end of the week when I finish my course of antibiotics, and hopefully that will settle him down. But he's feeding really well, so I guess that's a good thing.

Karina, hope you're feeling a bit less sore now. I think everything is starting to settle down OK in that area for me. I'm trying to remember to do my pelvic floor and tummy-strengthening exercises, and today I went for a walk with the pram (and baby, obviously!) I might try and do that more often.

Thank goodness for this cooler weather, makes it a lot easier to sleep at night. Sebastian slept for nearly 5 hours last night, woohoo! Not holding my breath that it will happen again, though!

Sonia, Thats great that Kaiden is being so kind to you. Claire wakes up so much overnight for a feed and hardly ever during the day. I think she is mixed up! How big is Kaiden? I think our carseat is huge too but its meant to be the type you can use from birth.

Sasha, i love walking with the pram! I need to get out of the house so its good. The only problem is the pram is huge and I always need help to put it up, lol. I am also trying to do pelvic floor exercises, but i think my pelvic floor has been completely destroyed. Wow at a 5 hour sleep, that must have been bliss!

Well I am having a break from being a food factory for Claire. She's been having lots and lots of really short feeds. I fed her yesterday, then she went with DH and spewed on his work shirt lol. DH mum is staying here at the moment, and I am feeling a bit overcrowded at the moment. I havent had any mummy daughter time since she was born and this annoys me! I should get mummy daughter time next week though, but I still feel like I havent had the cchance to really bond with Claire.

Am I a freak, or is anyone elses perineum numb?

Hope you are doing well and able to get some rest.

Have the health nurse coming today, should be knocking on the door anytime now..

I just fed Kaiden and put him down to sleep, in a nappy and singlet, its so hot today and dont want to turn the air con on cause it gets quite cold for the ltitle one, one of my questions for the nurse is about what to dress him in on hot nights etc and if air con is ok for him on during the day or night.

Also Kaiden is sneezing alot, it may be to do with all the flowers i have around the house from the hospital, i might have to throw them out soon cause they are really smelling the house out.

Karina: - that is so funny about the food factory, I call myself the milk outlet.. hahaha..

My perineum isnt hurting, my hemroid has gone done that god and my graze and stitch has gone thank god.

Hope everyone is well this afternoon..

Oh Kaidens belly button started bleeding today so I am a bit freaked out, thank god the nurse is coming. Hurry up nurse!!!

Will come back on later when she has left.

Sonia, hope your appointment with the nurse was good and they answered all your Q's. Claire also sneezes heaps. I dont know if its just that she is getting used to breathing or if our house is dusty...

Claire has been feeding almost hourly today. I wonder if she is going through a growth spurt or if I am just not producing enough to fill her up each feed?

I am going to go to the baby health centre tomorrow and use their scales to weigh Claire. She feels so heavy now and looks huge! I want to see if she has put on more weight.

Did your bubs lose much weight while you were in hospital?

take care

Hi Karina

Well nurse has left and Kaiden is one very healthy little munchkin. He is now 3.100kg and has put on 300grams since leaving hospital. When he was born he was 2.940, and only 2.795 when we were discharged so lost a little bit of weight.

I asked about the sneezing and she said that is common in babies they only have a small nose canel which causes them to sneeze, i still might get rid of the flowers though had them for a week and a bit and they are starting to dye off. So cute watching him sneeze though.

Oh i want this hot weather to go away, its soooo warm still.

Hi girls,
    so funny that you both write about sneezing - Sebastian has been sneezing loads too and I was thinking that it was because I had a dusty house (which still might be the case, but nice to know your babies are doing the same!)

Very sleepless night last night. S had a long sleep earlier in the day and so woke up around 11:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep until about 1:30. Then woke up again at 4, fed for a while and M gets up at 5, so not much sleep after that! I went back to bed with him at about 7, and got another hour or so, and I think I'll have to catch some zzzz this afternoon.

Yay, only one more day of antibiotics after today. I can't wait, hopefully it will help his windy tummy plus I hate taking them. He just seems to have far more trouble settling that he did at the beginning, of course we only had a week to compare it with, but still. I'm looking forward to when he starts to smile! Those gummy gassy smiles you get make me think he's going have such a cute smile (not that I'm biased )

Has anyone else noticed that their sense of smell is heightened? I feel like I can smell so much more than I could - this is not necessarily a good thing LOL but it is weird.

Sonia, cool that Kaiden is gaining weight so much! Sebastian feels heavier to me too, but I'm not sure if he will have gained a lot of weight.

Karina sometimes Sebastian feeds almost hourly as well, then he goes for a really long nap and wakes up and has an enormous feed, I guess it's just how he feels at the time. We measured him and he has grown almost 2 cm (and outgrown the jumpsuit we put on him when he was first born!) so they do grow quickly.

Well, I might take him out for a walk to the library and see if that sends him off to sleep! Have a good day everyone

Sonia, thats great that the nurse says little Kaiden is very healthy. Always good to hear those sorts of things.

Bec, yay on finishing the antibiotics! I think I would forget to take them. My brain is a bit frazzled lately. LOL at the gassy gummy smiles, how funny are they! Im sure he'll have a gorgeous smile. I think Claire is getting bigger every day. She looks massive now compared to when I first held her in hospital. Hope the walk settles Sebastian down - Claire falls asleep in the pram pretty much straight away.

Argh, have had a messy messy day today! Claire did a massive explosive poo and it came out the side and bottom of her nappy and went all over my pants and the carpet! So i cleaned her up and changed her nappy and clothes... Then I gave her a feed and she needed a burp, so I burped her and she spewed all over me and her... so i had to clean her and change her, and change my clothes again too, lol. Gosh, i didnt know that much poo and spew could come out of such a small person!

Took a walk to the baby health centre yesterday and used their scales... Claire is now 3kg exactly! She was 2.66kg when we left hospital and definately feels heavier since then.

hope everyone is doing well and getting some sleep!

Hi girls, hope you're both having a leisurely Friday night. It's nearly 8 o' clock and both Sebastian and M are asleep!! I'm actually enjoying the me-time, although it's not going to be a late night for me either.

The Child Health Nurse came today, and stayed almost 2 hours! It was good though, she weighed Sebastian and he has put on weight, he's about 3.78 kg now (thought he was getting heavy!) and she's pleased with how he looks. She taught me a swaddling technique which stops him from getting his arms out and flailing them about - very handy. Also gave me loads of info and booked me into a mothers' group, and told me about the free vax clinic nearby; it's great to have all this support, isn't it? She told me I appeared to be doing very well - always nice to hear

Karina, yuck, I hate those poos which leak all over you! Is Claire a spewy baby or is it uncommon for her to throw up? The classic for me was when Sebastian was born and I was holding him while on the beanbag, and I felt kind of warm, well, when midwife took the towel off us, Sebastian had pooed merconium ALL over me, ugh! We ended up just laughing about it, it was so gross! But at least there wasn't any carpet - getting it out of the carpet is the worst!

A friend of mine sent me a card today and included a $50 Coles gift card - what a thoughtful gift! Couldn't have come at a better time since we have a lot of bills at the moment and it means we can afford a couple of extra luxuries for us all. My godmother came over yesterday as well, and brought a present for S and we had a lovely chat. So I'm feeling a bit spoilt right now!

Well, I'm going to have a cuppa and start on my library book before I head off to bed! Have a good weekend!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast