Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Default Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born May 1st - 15th 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The previous thread is here.

Hi everyone sorry i been a bit slack over the last 2 days.

Will come in after dinner to do personals

Molly is doing really well, we have discovered that it doesnt matter what time we have our last feed at night, be at 8, 9, 10 or even 11 orv 12am our wake up time is always 5am! So i now give her her last feed aroun 8:30 - 9pm and then get a good nights sleep. Even Mitchie is sleeping through again now that his asthma is under control again! So i am finding it all much easier.

Ishall be back after dinner to post personals
    Chat more then

kat - that's great that you are in a routine now with Molly. Good news that Mitchie asthma didn't get too bad. I know what it's like to asthma in winter, it's awful.

Had a cruisy day today with Nina at daycare. Emily slept most of today. She's still awake, but it sounds like she's overtired. DH is trying to settle her. Probably won't take long and she'll be in bed.
    I can't remember what was said in the last thread so I'll go check that out.

We had our 6 week checks yesterday and everything is great exept Amelie's vision she is apparently taking a long time to focus but they say it should have corrected itself by 3 months (fingers crossed).

I feel a bit sad that I wont see my ob again for a few years after they bring your baby into the world and you have seen them so much over 9months. Is this weird or does anyone else feel like this?

We had a bad night last night Amelie threw up her entire feed at 6:45pm and then was hungry again so she wouldnt sleep. I was so saturated with vomit and couldnt do anything about it until I refed her as I was by myself and she was screaming. She then only took a little bit so I put her down and she screamed( i think she had pains) then she had some more and still wouldnt settle it was after 8pm by this time and DH called and I was a mess.
    He called his Mum to come give me a hand. Amelie settled down wasnt crying but certainly not asleep
    and I got some sleep while she sat up, which was great just to know that if she got so upset again I wasnt alone. She stayed until 11pm and then Amelie slept till 3:30am which was beautiful I woke at 2am and wondered if I hadnt heard her. Wow how hard it is to be a new Mum on your own. DH will be away for four nights next week and he has told them he cant do anymore and they understand ( thank god).
    Sorry about the long me post just needed to share.

kristale - you're doing a great job while dh is away. That was good that your mil could come around last night to help out.
    How much does Amelie weigh now? Our app is next week for Emily's needles and my post natal check up.

hi ladies,

Kristale you're doing a super job. I totally understand how hard it is when DH aren't home for the nights. My DH is a police man so regulary does 12-15hr night shifts few nights in a row every week.

I've had several nights already where I been kneeling next to 15mo DS bed trying to settle him with one hand whilst BF Macey in the other arm just wishing that DH would miracously walk hru to door to rescue me! Ha, hasn't happened yet but no harm in dreaming at the time.

well I definiely jinxed myself yest boasting how both kids slept thru the night before as I was back to getting up tot he 2 of them last night. was nice while it lasted anyway.

Not much else to report. had better attack the ironing while both kids are snoozing.

Jodi- Amelie now weighs 4.3kg moe then 1kg over her birth weight.
    Thanks for your kind words girls. DH is home tonight for the weekend so feeling alot brighter.

Beckstar I cant imagine having two to try and settle on your own.

Kat - that is awesome that Molly sleeps so well like that, im so jealous lol!! glad Mitchie is sleeping better too

Kristale- im glad that ur MIL was able to come help out, and thats good that ur DH work understands hope u have a nice weekend

Becstar- hope u have a better night tonight, my DD is waking again through the night so im the same settling her whilst feeding or holding DS!! but my DF is sound asleep nothing could wake him up!

something still upsetting DS but today he has stayed asleep in his cot for more than an hour which he has never done so fingers crossed that continues.

poor DD has a cold and i think im getting it too been sneezing all day, runny nose and sore throat...yuck

have a great weekend ladies

blanche - I had a sore throat and cold too. It sucks that I can't use a lot for it either. I have the same photo of Nina & Emily as your 2 in your ticker.
    Does he sleep elsewhere for longer than an hour during the day?

kristale - that's a great weight! Emily was 4.2kg at 11 days, which was the last time I had her weighed. Getting her weighed next week, but I reckon she's close to 6kg now.

beckstar - it's hard when you have them both needing your attention at the same time isn't it! I had that today. Nina was cranky, sick and tired. And did this as I was feeding Emily. So all I could do was put Emily down, then put Nina to bed, then feed Emily again. It's tiring work being a mum!

Well as I said, Nina has been cranky today. It's her molars again I think. She woke up at 8am, but was back in bed by 10.30, and slept till 1.30. And just when Emily went to sleep this afternoon, Nina woke up Pity they didn't sleep at the same time. But Emily had been awake since 10.30, so was awake for a few hours.

Kristale - sorry you're having such a hard time on your own. Brilliant that you have a MIL that you're comfortable asking for help, and is such a great help to you. Hopefully with your DH home this weekend you can get a bit of a break, as well as enjoying time together as a lovely family.

Beckstar - I know exactly what you mean. I've had so many occasions where I'll be trying to comfort Izzy while feeding Elena. Just as well we mums are great at multi-tasking!

Kat - great news about Mitchie's asthma and brilliant about Molly's sleeping. How's the last of your goats going?

Jodi - I've got to take Elena for her needles next week too. God I hate it - I probably suffer more than they do I think! Molars seem to cause so many problems. I'm not sure how I feel about them co-ordinating sleep, or having them separate. It would be nice to have time just to myself, but I also enjoy a bit of one on one time with each of my girls when the other is sleeping - seems to be a rare thing for me to achieve.

Blanche - hopefully your DD will get over her cold soon and you won't get too bad a dose. Rest up over the weekend - its certainly good weather here to keep inside.

We had a pretty good night last night. Elena didn't settle for bed as she has been doing at 8pm and ended up falling asleep on DH. It meant I fed her at 10.30 pm when I went to bed and she slept through until 3.30 am, which was great - 4.5 odd hours of straight sleep for me was bliss. Then she slept until about 6am when she woke up filling her nappy. Is anyone else noticing their seems really uncomfortable and wakes up when doing poos? She's not constipated, but she gets so restless and all her wriggling wakes her up - and of course she seems to be regularly doing poos at about 6am!!

Anyway, she's had a very sleepy day today and yesterday, so I'm wondering if her 6 week growth spurt was either a bit late or a bit long? Whatever it is, I'm enjoying a bit more time to give to Izzy during the day.

Kristale - you are doing a great job and it's good that your DH will be home for the weekend so you can have a break.

Blanche - hopefully the colds clear up for you all. DS has had a blocked nose and when he starts crying he snorts. The Fess has helped a bit.

Jodi - aah needles, I had forgotten about those. Not looking forward to taking DS to get his.

Lulu - yay on the extra sleep. With the poos DS is the same, he wriggles and wakes himself up when he's trying to do one, sometimes he cries, then I hear this loud fart and he's all content.

Thought I was over all my tears but this morning, Josh was screaming for no reason that I could see and so the tears just came out of me. I think he had a bit of wind. I took him into bed with me after his feed at 4am and tried bf lying down so he was on and off my boob all morning. We stayed in bed until around 9am snoozing and him feeding. He has been a bit unsettled today and I am wondering, like you Lulu, if his growth spurt is a bit late.

Had my 6 week postnatal check up yesterday and got the all clear, scar is healing brilliantly etc. My ob said that I've healed well and would be good to get pregnant again after 6 months. She's all for having kids close together and recommended that to us because I have a better chance of falling sooner rather than later with my endometriosis.

I've had days where I've thought I want another bub already! But then I have days where I think I don't know how I could do it, don't know how you ladies with more than 1 do it! DP & I have agreed we want another one, it's just a matter of when

laranna - that's good to hear that your scar is healing well. My gp is the same, all for close age gaps. His kids are like that.
    , it's hard when they're crying for no apparent reason isn't it. Did he settle well in bed with you this morning.
    Nina was 1 when we found out we were pg again. I initially wanted about an 18 month gap between the first 2, but we had to wait as I needed a Rubella booster, but then had an oopsie and fell pg before getting the all ok from my dr. Thankfully all was ok though. I'm really enjoying the gap we've got though. There's 21 months difference. And as Nina is quite independent now and able to communicate with me when she's hungry, thirsty, tired etc, I've found it really easy. Plus it helps that she sleeps 12-14 hours a night.

lulu - ummm, if Emily poos while feeding, she refuses to stop feeding! It's hillarious. She'll grunt and push, then do a poo, all while feeding. She loves her booby, lol! And if she does a poo while asleep, she doesn't wake, just continues sleeping
    I know what you mean about the sleep. On one hand, one on one time is good with them, especially at Nina's age, she's had to take a step back away from my full on attention since Emily came along. Which she's handled very well, may I add. But then on the other hand, I enjoy me nana nap in the afternoons.
    I too hate needles. I've never actually taken Nina on my own, and never been in the room while she had it done. I'm a wuss, DH usually holds Nina.

Jodi - he will only ever sleep on me more than an hour, and if it was just me and DS that would be okay but with DD needing me too it makes it hard! before today he would wake as soon i put him down, but today he has stayed asleep

my DD weighed 4.2kgs at birth she was a chubba!!
    Jack is booked in for his needles on tuesday

Lulu- DS wriggles and grunts i know when he is going to do a poo when feeding cos he will keep pulling off!

A mummy's boy hey! I've noticed Emily is a lot more cuddlier than Nina ever was. Nina never enjoyed rocking, or being sung to. She was a very independent baby from day 1. Emily is the complete opposite. It does make it hard when you have other kids to attend to as well. Does he enjoy a bouncer/rocker or swing? Emily only this week has started enjoying her rocker, and will actually fall asleep in it now.
    4.2kg at birth, chubby bubby! What's he now?

Jodi - he was all wriggly and unsettled at first but once he knew he had free access to my boob he was fine which was good because I could not get to snooze myself as his wriggling kept me awake. Eventually we both dozed off.

This arvo he's finally got to sleep about an hour and a half ago and is now starting to stir so better go feed him.

Emelia was 4.2kgs at birth Jack was 3.5kgs!
    he loves his swing that has music but has only ever slept in it once!

hi ladies, sorry long time no hear, we've had a busy few weeks, but i try and read up whenever i can. its kind of funny as i read all your posts I get bits and bobs from each one that joseph does, and it kind of reassures me. I can't really do personals as its a bit of strange and stressful day but just wanted to say that Joseph is doing well, he's like many of the others rarely sleeps during the day, sometimes 2 hours at most from 5.30am til 8.30 at night, but he pretty much settles from 8.30 onwards only really waking for 2 feeds, so i guess i can't complain and you can't have it both ways. what i've found though is he sleeps really well if we go out, people don't believe me that he can be that unsettled when they see him, my sister explained it and i think she might be right is that he knows when he's at "home" he'll get the boob anytime so cries the place down but whilst out he knows i'm a bit of a prude and wont get it out for no one lol. i was worried about his feeding but last fortnight he put on 600grams, i'll thank jodi for telling me about the aktavite, i think thats the thing that did it, will see how the weight gain goes this week. about the chiropractor, we are lucky enough to have a sil thats a pediatric chiropractor, unfortunately joseph was asleep last time we visited so she couldn't give him a "crack", being in the profession of course she swears by it and reckons there is no such thing as wind. i think by the trumpeter sounds many of us hear she's totally wrong
    anyway enough of my blabbering i really hope everyone is doing well and things start to settle down soon for you all. take care and i'll try and post more often

That Aktavite is good stuff isn't it!! So glad you popped in klee, I was only thinking about you the other day, but had no credit on my phone to text you 600g weight gain a fortnight is awesome! Well done.

I'm having a blah day today. A bit cranky actually, and taking it out on dh. whoops. Emily doing fine, she slept the whole time we were out this morning and woke up just as we came home. I wonder if she knew we'd even gone out?? She's due to wake up soon. She wakes up between 5 and 6pm, is awake for a few hours, then goes down for the night. She certainly has her routine down pact now. I can read her like a book. Well, for now at least, she'll probably change everything around on me next week.
    The other day I mentioned AF had returned, well it did, sorta, but not. I only had really like spotting every now and then for 2 days, then it's gone. Would that have been af do you think? It couldn't have been my lochia, that finished at day 3 after having emily.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast