Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2005 #10

rails Guest

good to hear from you Dee .... Matthew sounds like a typical big brother lol ! .... i worry too when Jesse is around my new niece, he is facinated by her, have to be so careful they are so rough without meaning it....yeah, don't worry about the house, you just keep yourself rested & tend to the little ones ((hugs)) xx

well at least i am not the only one with a wandering sleeper .... yeah, hoping after the winter the bag wont be needed anymore ... it is so cold here at night so will keep it on till it warms up.

Dee it's great to see you back. That is wonderful news Matthew is being a great big brother.
    Can someone not help you out a little with the housework ?

Fantastic to see you back, Deeanne. Glad to hear things are going well with Matthew and Adrian too. I can just imagine Kynan doing the eye poking thing too LOL. Sending you lots of get well vibes. Hope the infection clears up soon.

How is everyone doing ?

We took one of the sides off Alex's cot tonight so he can get used to sleeping in a single bed. Hopefully he will be okay. I want to have him in a big bed at least a few months before the new baby comes. He will be having Kimberley's old bed as we just brought her a bunk bed which she keeps telling me Alex is going to be sleeping on the top.
    Paul found a bed he would like Alex to have next it has a slide on the side of it.

Slide bed sounds cool lol

Hope he goes well settling in to the big bed, i havent even thought about that with Mason as yet, he is a climber but hasnt attempted the cot climb as yet, so will leave him there till he does that i think

Might be up for another cot if he is in it too long though, we shall see

All is going well here, 6wks to go for me now, so not long, havent packed a thing or bought a thing yet, so guess i better start soonish

I`m going to have to come back to talk to you girls, Adrian is wanting Mummy. Thought I might get a chance to reply while my into everything Master Matthew was having a nap, no rest for the wicked around here!!!!!

Dont scare me Dee lol, will be in your boat shortly myself, lie and say how damn quiet it is there and how bored you are

Okay I`m back with bub in arms and Matthew is still asleep, hopefully for a little while longer.

Belinda - Bored, what`s that LOL

Michelle - Mark and I were talking about a bed for Matthew but it will not be for another 5/6 months and he`ll have to move into the boys room, he`s still in our room atm. You asked about me getting help, well the Dr`s did order 2/3 months of ongoing help for me, I told them that both my mum and Mark`s mum will help, hmmm how wrong was I, Mark`s mum was here while I was in hospital then went home as soon as i got home, she`s been back twice since but only stays for 2 days, i still have to cook, she helps with the washing but i do most of it before she gets here as she throws coloured and white clothes together so my whites are no longer white, so i`d rather do it, in a way i`m glad she`s not staying she rubbed me up the wrong way a number of times where Matthew is concerned. My Mum she was here for 9 days when i got out of hospital and was a great help but had to go back home as she needed medication from her dr then she got gastro and a uti, she`s coming back next week. Mark has been a help when he`s here but he`s not here too often. Are you getting lots of baby movements now?

Angel - I`m so happy to see your ticker ticking along nicely.

Does everyone have a child like mine who does not stop, he wants to be outside all day long, his own toys he gets bored with in 1 minute, I put a DVD on for him this morning thinking i might get 5 minutes, what a joke, Adrian and I watched it LOL I thought since he never watches tv he might like to for a change, he`s just full on, Mark says he`s never known a child like him, he needs to know what ticks, organises everyone, I say he`s going to be a corporal in the army LOL

Deeanne, sounds like Matthew and Adrian are keeping you on your toes... Matthew especially LOL! I'm lucky that Kynan's good at keeping himself occupied indoors, whether it's playing with his toys/books, chasing the cats, or emptying a pepper shaker all over the kitchen floor like he did this morning while I was in the shower *sigh*. I hope your Mum is feeling better now. Great that she will be back to help you out!

Belinda, OMG only 6 weeks to go for you?! Wow, that seems to have gone quickly!

Michelle, how did Alex go in the cot last night? We're buying a friend's old bassinette for the next bub so we're hoping to have Kynan in a single bed by the time the baby's outgrown it. He's nowhere near ready for it now though so we'll just have to wait and see. We really don't want to have to buy another cot LOL.

Kynan's running everywhere now. Geez he can run fast LOL!

Dee i so wish i lived closer so i could come and help you out. Alex is the same on the go all day long. He never plays with one thing all the time and loves to be outside also if you bring him in when he doesn't want to come in he throws a tantrum.
    I only feel little movements at the moment but i am sure they will get stronger soon.

Belinda wow only 6 weeks to go. Are you already ?

Angel your ticker is moving a long nicely. Will you find out what you are having ?

Alex didn't do too bad last night he was out of the cot once and i found him lying on the floor by his toy box but he was easy to get back to sleep again as i could get half into his cot. The only trouble i did have was Kimberley taking everything off it this morning so she could jump on it.
    I had Kimberley in her own bed 2 months before Alex was born but she had slept with the sides off her cot just after 12months old as she never moved in the night. My cot goes low to the ground so if Alex falls out he won't hurt himself.

Dee: Glad your mum is coming back to help you out soon and just do what you can i guess, you have a dryer dont you, hope you arent hanging washing out at least

Yes this pregnancy has flown by for me, although slowing down a bit now, but i am not in a huge rush for it to end, as i know its going to be busy after that!
    I have not one thing ready no, guess i should think about it soon

My back is aching so badly,exact same spot everyday!

rails Guest

Dee - Jesse LOVES being outside & when he is not outside he will mostly sit & look from the back door willing me to let him out LOl ! .... now the weather is getting better he has been outside alot the last few days. He is also non stop inside ... i am lucky tho he will sit for 10mins to watch a bit of a dvd, he will only watch hooley dooleys so far, nothing else will keep his interest & he has his favourite songs that he goes back to watch everytime....is funny to see him run back to the tv to watch the song, then he takes off again .... good to hear the boys are doing well.

Michelle - sounds like Alex will be in the big bed without any problems ...there is no way i could put Jesse in one yet, he won't stay in one spot he will fall out every hour LOL !

Angel - i'm with ya with the running .... Jesse runs & can't keep up with himself & falls flat on his stomach all the time, sometimes he will cry but usually gets straight back up again .... !!

Belinda - eeekkkk not long to go .... i had terrible back ache too when pg, thought it was never going to go away (never had back pain before) ... soon as Jesse was born it dissappeared completely ....

Jesse says the word HELLO much better now ... he says it all the time - only word he will say lol ! .... so cute tho ....i love listening to his little voice .... Anyone noticed that since they are now bigger the nappy doesn't hold till morning ... jesse always has leakage when he wakes up.... drives me crazy every second day he will leak thru ... have noticed this since putting him on the bottle, i know that now he will wee more because of this & because he is older - but didn't expect that the nappy wouldn't hold it... he has nappies that are for 7 - 16kg so they are not getting small for him ... just so annoying KWIM !!

Rails: A lot of ppl have had success with adding nappy pads in the nappy for overnight, they are cheap and in where nappies are, might be worth a try anyhow

Well still pottering around here, i am exhausted, back is ready to go on me again for another day, was just tearing up over a chain letter email lol, things are just sad when that happens lol

hope everyone else is well

Where is Shannon?

Rails i found Alex didn't move in his cot so much when i added a pillow and got him to sleep on a duvet since then he doesn't move so much.

rails Guest

Belinda - thanks will try those nappy pads, haven't noticed them at supermarkets before will make a note to look out for them next time ... i bought some slightly bigger nappies yesterday, thought i might try them for night time ??

Michelle - we have put a pillow in under the sheet to encourage jesse to stay in the one spot - he likes to lay on it at the start - i say 'pillow' & give a pat ... he lays on it and pats it too (cute) ... but he doesn't stay on it .... maybe in a few more months (sigh)

went grocerie shopping yesterday ... started at Aldi that was fine - didn't go over budget, then went to Safeway for other items that they don't sell at aldi & nearly fainted when the checkout gave me the price of the shopping - i couldn't believe how much it was .... the most i had ever spent at the supermarket EVER in my life .... prices are just creeping up at the s/markets & i thought i had bought mostly specials ... ....these groceries will have to last the next couple weeks now !

Do your little ones sit & listen to story books ?? .... i can't get jesse to sit & listen he just wants to rip at the pages .... gggrrr ..... i can't wait to read to him & for him to be interested.

Rails: The nappy pads are bebes brand i think or you get the store brand ones, i havent tried them myself but a few ppl have raved about them, i just put mason up a size in nappies to walker myself, but i still have to change him overnight, i change him before i go to bed then DH changes him when he gets up early in morning, otherwise he would be soaked through every morning for sure

With Books, Mason wont sit there either, although just yesterday i was reading him a number book and he wanted me to read it ten times over because at the end i made a game with last page and when i said 10 bees, i then go bbzzz and tickle him, so he will put up with listening to the rest of the pages to get to the fun last page lol, just make it fun and he will be giving you books soon enough so often that you will be thinking not again lol

rails Guest

that sounds cute Belinda with the book ... will give it a go !! .... yep have seen the bebe brand, they have them at my local s/market here so will check it out...thx !

Michelle, yep we'll be finding out if it's a pink or blue one (if bub will let us of course LOL). Sounds like Alex is doing well with the side off his cot.

Rails, Kynan won't sit and just listen to me reading a book, I have to make sure I interact with him while I'm reading it. We have a great book that asks questions like 'can you press your nose' and 'wiggle your toes' or 'tickle your tummy' and he loves that. Otherwise I ask him to point to the kitty/puppy/baby etc. He does rip the pages a lot too though LOL. Half his books are sticky-taped back together (the bits that he doesn't eat anyway LOL).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast