Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2005 #10

Alex slept really well last night he only fell out if bed once which was good but it's hard to get him to sleep during the day now. Yesterday he slept in the day well but today he doesn't seem to want to have a sleep.

Rails - Matthew loves his books but he will not sit right through a story, he has a first words for toddler books and points to pictures and tells us what they are, Matthew must have about 30 books, he loves them all but has his favourites, My Dad is one of his favourites, it`s mine as well, a real lovely book. Re your nappies soaking through, I`m aware some girls here on BB put a woolen soaker over their nighttime disposable nap to prevent it leaking, Shannon makes great soakers I know what you mean about grocery shopping, our bill is sky high yet we get very little for it.

Belinda - I haven`t personally heard from Shannon but she sent me my woolen soakrs for my cloth nappies for the boys about a month ago, she`s obviously very busy, hopefully she`ll be back on bb soon.

Michelle - Glad Alex is sleeping well in his big bed at night.

All is as okay as it can be here, Adrian and I had our 6 week checkup yesterday, Adrian sailed through his, yet again I`m getting the same comments about how big he is, looking back at Matthew`s book Adrian is heavier and longer then Matthew and you all know Matthew is on the 97th percentile so nothing small about him, I think Adrian is going to give him a run for his money.

Matthew is good, he`s saying a number of new words every few days lately, Michelle like Alex he certainly throws lots of tantrums when he comes inside from being outside, he seems to think we can spend all day out there, we`d both look like lobsters if we did. I do have a problem with him biting, he only bites me and will not listen to NO, he really hurt me yesterday, not sure what to do about it, any suggestions?

Take Care

Dee

Glad the checkups all went well, and i am sure he will be giving Matthew a run for his money later on

Cant help you with the biting thing, cant remember if luke was biter, dont think so, Mason does it sometimes but not often enough to say its a problem

Hope all else is well

Everything is ok here, i am exhausted but not much i can do about that, still cant believe how little time i have to go really!

Thanks for the update on Shannon

rails Guest

Angel - that sounds like a fun book, will have to keep a look out for something like that, i had a touchy feel book which has all the little flaps now ripped off too

Dee - looks like you are going to have another big boy on your hands Dee, you will be able to start a basketball team with you boys ...Jesse would bite our ankels at one time ... he would pull my pants up at the ankle & then have a good chow down at it - sometimes quite strongly - we would just firmly say 'NO BITING JESSE" & i would tell him that biting hurts mummy, everytime he did it ... not sure why the ankles, he hasn't done it for ages.

Belinda - try to relax as much as you can, hope the household is doing well.

Have put Jesse in the next size up in nappies for the night time, he has not had a leaky nappy for 3 nights now, whoohoo !!!.... so may be able to get away with not buying the pads. I use the Aldi brand Mamia & they are sized from 7-16kg large & then from 12-24kg Ext.Large so with him being close to 11kg now the ext.large size should work for a while.

I have been reading the book 'old macdonald had a farm' & Jesse seems to be really enjoying it ... he will clap, laugh & dance a little when i make the animal noises .... so the book time is getting better slowly.

Rails: Thats good that story time is getting there and yah about the nappies, i changed mason over to walker recently and made a difference with him too

Well i dont feel too good today, stomach is just not right, not sure if they are braxton hicks or not as i have never had them, but feels like really early labour signs so i would guess that its that, no idea lol, but havent done much and so tired!

I think Alex finally has another tooth coming and he's not complaining about it at all. He loves to spill drink down his front when drinking and he has learnt when i am on the computer to smack my right arm to get my attention he only does it the one side.
    He did really well in his bed last night he didn't wake once so hopefully he will be in a bigger bed once the baby is here.
    Alex will sit still when reading a book but Kimberley always wants to help or take the book away.

Glad all is going well Michelle

Still cant believe how far along you are now

Dee: hope you are recovering well

Time does seem to be passing quickly this time.
    I was telling DH we better get the spare room ready as with my history of PE i could have the baby in the next 13wks or so.

I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left.

I should actually find a hospital bag to pack lol and find the bassinet mattress maybe lol, so unmotivated its not funny

Going to buy some supplies for hospital today though and have a layby of nappies etc to get out this week, so kinda sorta getting there lol, i dont plan on staying long in hospital so not taking much really, and if something happens then i will have stuff at home thats easy to find for Bill that he can bring in for me

Have a box of newborns on layby, so think i will just buy a bag of huggies to take to hospital, the hospital i go to supplies nothing so you have to take everything with you

rails Guest

Michelle - how many teeth is Alex on now ? .... Jesse has four on top & four on bottom, then he has the four front molars .... so 12 now, he has the eye tooth area swollen, so they will be next

Belinda - LOL, you better get going with that hospital bag, don't want to get caught out...it is all happening very soon isn't it ...what a good idea to layby the nappies.

Still no leaky nappy here ... YAY !! ... so think we found a solution to that problem

Jesse has been really fussy with his food again ... ggrrrr , seems he gets back on track with it munching everything up, then he does a turn around & wont touch anything ... very frustrating ...he has an awful pimply rash on his cheek, so think it must be that eye tooth still trying to poke thru, his poos have been disgusting too !
    Jesse has begun to climb on stuff .... eeeekkkk .... have to move his little fold out couch away from our couch because he uses it to climb onto the big couch ... & he will try to climb on the chairs & anything really, have to watch him like a hawk !
    The kitchen cupboards are all child proofed so he has now turned his attention to all the other draws & cupboards in the house, like the tv unit & the desk draws, so i have stuck gaffa tape on them to stop him opening ... doesn't look the best but have run out of the propper stuff & it is doing the job LOL ! ... he would always come wandering over to me with the liquid paper, or even worse a paper clip in his hand after getting into the desk draw (eekk) !!

Rails - Alex only has 8 teeth but I'm sure another one will be with us soon. Alex loves to climb also he can get on to the sofa and the coffee table. It only took him a couple of days to learn how to climb the slide in the garden.
    We have had to put locks on everything as Alex loves going in draws.

I had a shocking night with Alex last night he was coughing so much his bed was wet and them he was sick. The only way to get him to sleep was to sleep next to his bed everytime i went to get some sleep in another room he woke up crying and coughing again.

rails Guest

Poor Alex Michelle .... hope he is better today & tonight, sounds like you had a rough night, hope you managed to get some rest today (hugs)

Forgot to mention earlier, Jesse has also turned into a real sooky bum ... everytime he doesn't get what he wants he will start bawling .... he will even do this pretend cry with his mouth wide open ...which i know is not the real thing ... cheeky boy ! ... think i remember a few of you having this problem about a week or so ago, Jesse was only sooking mildly .... NOT NOW !!!! ....

Well quick update, must of jinx myself talking about no hospital bag

Started getting pains at 1am and ended up at hospital at 7ish till this arvo to be monitored, pains didnt get stronger and cervix was closed so they said i could come home

Since then cervical plug has started to come away, with the other two that meant i had them over night so we shall see

Will keep you updated anyhow, midwife said at this stage to be born is pretty good and he wouldnt need much, mainly on some feeding problems and at worst a drip, so scary that i might be doing this way sooner than i thought

Just went to woolies to stock up on stuff, so going to repack bag later as it was a bit of a rush this morning

rails Guest

Good Luck Belinda .... hope all goes well for you ... by the sounds of it, you might be heading back to the hospital quicker than you thought ..!! .... with the plug coming away that is a sure sign your little boy is making his way out ... ....((hugs)) xxxx

Jesse has the snots again ... boohoo ... ...i have got a sore throat & a bit of a blocked nose too ... so not feeling the best here, feel like i have been non stop sick for the last couple months, just keeps coming back (sniff)
    Yesterday morning Jesse layed on his fold out couch with me all cuddled up & we watch Thomas the Tank on DVD .... was so cute, he doesn't sit still much anymore for cuddle time so i made the most of it.

Thanks Rails

Yes all seems to be going to happen soonish, had more of plug this morning and today and feel crappy, sort of little niggly pains but nothing major as yet, so we shall see how it goes

Glad you got some nice time with Jesse sounds very nice, hope you both feel better soon

Well had appointment today and of course they found something else to drive me insane over and had to go for another damn scan!!
    Turns out report from a few weeks ago showed that cord blood was not pumping as well as it should or something, so had to be checked, this report was sent to them weeks ago and nothing was mentioned about it, i said to doctor doesnt anyone bother to read these reports when they actually come in, he said no we just look at them when you come in for appointment!
    Anyhow had urgent scan at hospital 40mins later, so had a breakdown on the phone to DH as i couldnt believe they found something else! So he rushed over from work as i was crying on the street with 2 kids with me, poor luke was great though and helped me out.

Scan of course turned out to be fine in the end! So over it all atm, and so stressed its not funny

I get them being cautious about things but if original sonographer thought it was a problem then i think they would of put on report that it needed checking, these doctors are reading reports and making there own assumptions on what they think instead, they dont do scans as regular as sonographers so i think they should leave it alone!

On other news, pains have gone away now and dont seem to be going to return so just seeing what happens, but seems things are going to probally just happen when they are supposed, which in the end is better for baby and him growing some more first

Belinda I'm pleased that everything is okay in the end. I hate it when they don't look at reports till you go for a appt.
    I had the same when i found out about the DS risk they had the report for a week and i could have had the CVS done but they didn't check it until i went to see the Dr. I keep thinking how long would they have left it without telling me.
    I hope the next few weeks are not stressful for you and you can have a chance to relax before your little one arrives.

Well i hope the same Michelle

Still here playing the waiting game now

Just going to see my gp till then end now, and i so better not be at any stupid 42wk appointment at hospital, would go insane if that happens!!

Otherwise all is well, Mason is right into books now and brings them over for me to read to him over and over, nice but not all the time lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast