Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #2

Welcome back Kirsty and Hannah it's great to see you back and that everything is going well with you both.

Angel ~ Hope you are abloe to sort out your overactive thyroid.

Alex is now rolling from his back to his belly
    I put him on the wooden flour instead of the rug and it seemed to have helped him. He is now trying to crawl.

moof_mum Guest

Thanks Michelle

Angel, so he had about the same as Hannah then really. I"ll see how she goes with it. Cheers~!

Good afternoon girls.

Welcome back Kirsty and Hannah (can't forget that name now can I?!) Glad to hear things are going well with the both of you!

My Hannah is eating 2 solid meals a day at present. I get up with her somewhere between 5 - 6am, give her some babyrice mixed with pear puree and then a breastfeed at about 7-8am. She has another BF (both sides) at 11-12ish, then another solid meal at 3-4ish of homecooked vege puree of some description. She goes to bed at 6pm and breastfeeds about 3 times overnight with the last BF at about 3-4am (it used to be 2 hourly 'round the clock, but since sleep school she's been better and feeding 3/4 hourly).

Our sleep routine is finally getting somewhere! I am so excited! This week she's been great. Still waking 3 times, but this is much better than 7 or 8 times.

Our other news is that Hannah now has her "tadpole" swimming certificate from swimming yesterday. Her very first certificate. So cute.

Shannon - I hear ya on the study thing! I am so over it too. Who wouldn't be with such wonderful little bundles to keep us otherwise occupied!? I didn't sit my exam last month either. Just couldn't face it. Hopefully the uni will understand. You're so close to finishing!! I'm years away...

Yay for the rolling Michelle! Now that he's figured it out there'll be no stopping him.

Dee - grrrr @ your MIL. Very insensitive and thoughtless of her. You have every right to be upset with her. I hope the carpal tunnel settles down soon - I had it in pg too and it was horrible.

Angel - bummer about the thyroid. fingers crossed you don't have to go back on the meds.

Belinda - Mason sounds like he is doing so well (apart from the sleeping thing of course!). Surfing lessons would be so much fun! I have a friend with children who are doing surfing lessons on the Sunny coast. They absolutely love it.

Rails - how is the wrist? Sounds nasty... Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon...

DH is watching Doctor Who atm. I am waiting for him to clean the kitchen (just unstack the dishwasher and clean the benches) before I even think about making him dinner. I figure he's out of work, he can contribute something to the running of the household! Am getting hungry however. Hope I can last. If I back down now he'll think he can get away with it any old time!

Kirsty - I make all my vegies, fruit and meat for Matthew also, it`s great fun isn`t it. Hannah sounds like she`s eating enough.

Juliette - yay On Hannah`s first certificate, what a very clever girl she is And double yay on the sleeping settling. I hope DH cleaned the kitchen for you. Yeah my CTS is a real nuisance and why I have it all off a sudden I`d like to know, perhaps it`s to dowith Matthew`s weight.

Shannon - I`m not sure how you study plus be a mother, wife, house keeper, mod and everything else you do, you`ve got more ambition then I have. How`s the BFing going???

Thanks girls, MIL really got to me yesterday perhaps I`m more sensitive then normal but all I wanted was some words of sorry or something along those lines and a hug but to not get anything and not mention the baby at all to me since it happened was too much for me to bear. I told my Dad about it and he couldn`t because how insensitive she was, perhaps it`s because she hasn`t been through a miscarriage before she doesn`t know how it feels, I had no idea I`d feel this way.

Do you girls think that Michael and Alister are now old enough to ring up their father on his Birthday to wish him Happy Birthday????? Ever since I`ve been with Mark I`ve felt so awful for him that they never ring on his birthday or father`s day, Mark off course gets quite upset, he mentioned last night that he had a good day but it would have been nice if the boys had rang. I kept getting madder as the time ticked away and no phone call, yet if they are with us on their Mother`s Birthday they ring her and if they happen to be with us on Mother`s day she demands o have them back for 'her day', it doesn`t seem fair to me that Mark gets totally missed out.

Sorry girls here I go again.... I just needed to get that off my chest also. I promise no more venting from me

Woohoo Matthew only woke up once and he`s still asleep now, which is unheard off, I`ve been able to get up get dressed come on here and he`s still asleep. I feel tired though as it was another really hot night so lots of tossing going on.

Have a good day girls and bubs

Dee - same here with the kids. Shane hasn't had a birthday call since we have been together - nearly 3 years. He's had a couple of late SMS for fathers day/christmas. We haven't had any thank yous for any presents this year, and are seriously wondering how much we should be spending on them for chrissie. Sometimes it seems like too much hard work.....

Of course the AVO doesn't help - we can't call the house anymore without risking the police on our doorstep. I'm tempted to drop their chrissie presents at the police station and get them to drop them off. I wonder how that would make their mother feel??
    I'm hearing ya on the vent. Its all give give give with teenagers!!!!

Fi

rails Guest

Afternoon ladies,

Belinda - whoohoo @ Mason crawling .... hope last night he didn't keep you up. How exciting for Luke to have Surfing Lessons.

Angel - thanks am feeling better now, have got some more Elevit. Hope your test result give you some relief.

Kirsty - welcome back ! .... Jesse has a BF (one side) @ 730am then approx 2tbls rice cereal @ 8am ....lunch @ 1145am ... meat or chicken mixed with 2 veges & a few tsp fruit puree, then a BF (one side) @ 12pm....he has a nap then a BF (both sides) at 2:30pm.... then at 6pm he has BF (one side) then 5 cubes of veges & after that a few more tsp of fruit puree....he then has the other breast about hour later before bedtime....Jesse weighs 7.3kg ... HTH .... She sounds just like Jesse, he isn't sitting unaded either & has only just started to commando crawl ....WOW @ standing by herself !! ... Jesse loves to roll & roll & roll also ...haha

Dee - how rude of MIL ... very insensitive of her ! ... & poor Mark not getting a call from his boys on his b'day .... their mum should be reminding them of the date ... she probably reminds them of mothers day before they go so they don't forget to call her ... it is very unfair. YAY for Matthew sleeping well last night ... you deserve a good rest.

Juliette - whoohoo for Hannah's Tadpole certifcate .... how cute ! ... glad to hear she is sleeping a bit better for you.

Shannon - that is funny, Jesse does the exact same thing .... always rolls onto a hard toy & starts to cry cause it digs into him ... poor thing, but it is cute. YAY on the BF being better .... good luck with the assignment.

My wrist is still playing up ... get the results tomorrow at the doctors. Jesse had a bad night ... woke up a few times, think it was teething issues as he kept going for the mouth , put a little bonjela on his gums & he settled well after that. Otherwise all is well here.
    Oh before i forget i have added a few more photos to Jesse's website if you want to have a look.

Thanks girls, I was beginning to think perhaps I expect too much of the boys but I`m glad you agree.

Fi - I`m with you on wondering how much to spend on the kids, like you they never seem to appreciate what we give them and most of it gets broken before the end of the day yet they always (mainly Alister) question as to why does Matthew need new clothes or toys all the time. Mark was just saying today that he expects them to both be living with us when they hit 18 as he expects the x to start moaning that she can`t afford to keep them as that`s when CS will cease, I can tell you now if they live with us they`d have to pull their finger out big time and not expect me to keep running tidying up after them, sometimes it gets all too much. How are you going and bubs?

Shannon - YAY for the Bfing, I`m so glad the blocked duct has improved. Good luck with your assignment and LOL @ Jessalyn they do such silly things at times.

Rails - Good luck with your results tomorrow. I hope you have a better night with Jesse tonight those teeth can be a real pain.

Oops I seem to have a baby with 300 peices of paper surrounding him LOL, he loves paper and flicking through the yellow and white pages, Mark thinks he`s going to be an office worker!!!!!!

We turned Matthew`s car seat around today as his feet are now touching the back seat, the look on his face for his first car trip forward facing was hilarious you could see his brain ticking away LOL

Looks like we have another trip to Sydney tomorrow yuck!!! Mark and his Ebay spending!!!!!! Hopefully I feel better then what I have done today, I feel really off colour, light headed, dizzy, nausea, think it must be the heat.

Hey everyone

Just quickly read through everything while i have time

Sucks about the MIL comment, they can be trying!

Hope you get that assignment in Shannon, i tried the study option and i never done so much housework in my life to avoid study lol!

Dee: If you think Matthew is going to be an office worker then Mason will be in construction, he grabs any paper and scrunches it up in a ball, cant read anything in his vicinity if you want to keep it intact.

Rails good luck with tommorow

Luke said he will just go for one lesson to check it out, he just cant seem to find something he is really into, but he is young so no rush really to find it.

Only problem with crawling babies is, you cant hide from them!
    Usually hubby watches him while i do dinner, now Mason hears me banging around and comes to watch what i am doing. Luke had him doing laps of the hallway this morning, chasing a toy around.

He was eating garlic bread tonight and loves icecream, i know its a big no no probally but cant help ourselves I give him an icecream cone the other day (minus the icecream) and i walked away for less than a minute and come back and it was in a hundred pieces!

Well anyway take care
    Belinda

Dee: Funny about the car seat turning around, know what you mean about there minds ticking over, very cute

Good evening girls.

We've had a busy day today, I had a doc's appt this morning, and then went to the CHN - Hannah is 68cm, & 8820g. Her weight gain has slowed a little now, which is just as well! Then we went to the Kingaroy Christmas Carnival in town. I just wanted to expose Hannah to as much Chrissy spirit as possible for her first Christmas! I don't usually go to those things, but I will make the effort now that I have a little excuse! The carnival was hit by a mega electrical storm at about 7.30pm, so we came home then (Hannah was asleep in her pram anyway).

But...the best news is....drum roll please....Hannah has two front teeth! I discovered them thismorning. Both are visible above the gum line and feel as sharp as anything! So exciting. My little girl is growing up!!!!!

LOL Belinda at the garlic bread and icecream!!!! Sounds delicious...

Dee - paper is one of Hannah's favourite things too atm. It is so funny to watch them with it! Hope you're feeling better and that your trip to Sydney is ok!

Rails - Poor Jesse, Hannah had a rough night last night too (then I discovered the teeth). It does really seem to unsettle them.

Shannon - I'm sending you lots of "get your assignment done" vibes!!!! Glad the BF has sorted itself out. Must be a load of your mind. LOL @ the image of Jess and her toys. Hannah does exactly the same thing. Very silly indeed.

Well...I'm gonna hit the hay. So tired! Catch up with you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

You are all going to think i am a thread hog now

Finally talked to hubby tonight about another baby and he had also been thinking about it, which is good. At least we both dont want Mason to grow up alone like Luke has, but of course now we will just have to see if it all goes to plan.
    Feels weird planning this as both boys were suprises and not even thought about before hand.
    Feel good that we were both on the same page with it anyway, guess we wont be getting that dog he suggested after all!

Nite
    Belinda

moof_mum Guest

hey all,

Thanks to all of you for your little comments in regard to bubba's and their meals, appreciate it heaps!

Well We had a nice day caught the train to joondalup, north of the river for something different. Did some chrissie shopping. Oh and we got christmas lights for the front of the house, they rock. We've had our chrissie tree up for a while, but not many house decorations. So we did that tonight, decorated the house, looks very pretty now.

I was wondering, has anyone started putting shoes on their babies yet? And if so, what size are they in???

- Juliette - yayyayaya for Hannah and her tadpoles certificate, thats so cool. I wanna get my Hannah doing something like that soon. We are the same about Chrissie with Hannah. I think we're more excited about it that than her, lol.

- serendipity, good news about the baby trying. Im going to go off the mini pill, and go on the normal, then my Period might come back. Then we can try in May for another one so cant wait!!! But i know how you feel Hannah was a real surprise and half for me too :P

- goodluck tomorrow rails! hope all is well!
    '
    goodness thats a long post, hehe

kirsty!

Kirsty: I have read a few articles on shoes and babies, and most of them recommend that you dont put shoes on them till at least 5 to 6 weeks after they are walking. But others might have differing stories, i dont remember if i put them on Luke or not?

I did buy Mason little baby sandles, put them on and he thought it was a great game ripping them back off so i gave up lol.

moof_mum Guest

Serendipity - yeah thats what i got Hannah. But i have hunted high and low and i cant actually find any that fit her. Weird? maybe she just has small feet. not sure. I found some cute little sandals at k-mart, but the they are still a bit too big. cheers. Yeah my dh is not happy about her wearing shoes. But she is continuely standing all the time. so i dunno.

Kirsty - Sorry can`t help you with the shoe question as Matthew doesn`t own any. Your house sounds nice and Chrismasy

Juliette - Christmas has a different meaning when you have your own kids to enjoy it with, I was so excited that Santa eventually arrived last week in our local shopping centre, what a big kid am I.

Belinda - Yay, Yay, Yay for TTC good luck I hope it doesn`t take too long for you. You sound like you`ve got your hands full with Mason now he`s crawling, thank goodness Matthew is still only commando crawling.

Rails - How did your appointment go?

Matthew slept through the night I couldn`t believe it as he`d spent all day asleep in the car I thought we`d have a bad night with him, not sure who was more surprised about him sleeping through Mark or myself but then thinking about it I was totally exhausted so perhaps I slept through him crying 8-[

Hope your all well

Oh Shannon your not whingeing, you sound so strong I`d be beside myself with worry. I [-o< that it`s nothing serious, that`s all you need another complication with little Jessalyn she`s a strong little girl but it`s no wonder with a wonderful Mumy like you.

Yay for the great sleep, I wonder if they can go 2 nights in a row

Sorry to hear about your mastitis, it must be painful I`ve had a few cats come down with it and they`ve got sick so quickly one had to have a couple of breasts removed (hopefully you will not get to that point LOL, sorry I couldn`t help myself). You have taken yourself off to the Dr for antibiotics haven`t you?? If not you better get moving, Mummy Dee says so!!!!!!

moof_mum Guest

Default Free Pics.

Hey all,

Just a quick one. If anyone is interested at all K-mart stores in Australia they have people giving out free Pixie Photos 10 x 13 size pics. No sitting fee , and that huge pic is free too. We just got the vouchure and they had a free spot to slot hannah in. Gosh is was soooo funny. We got her in her dress that she had on, wasnt that nice, but oh well. but the pics looked great. And we also got her dressed up as santa, they will look sooo cute. So we can pic them up next week, gorgeous!!!

Shannon - Sorry I worded my post wrong, of course you`d be worried out of your brain but I also meant that your so strong about it all but of course I knew you`d be worried - well I don`t think I`ve worded that right again, just ignore me I`ll crawl back under my rock now,

Kirsty - wow that`s great about the free pixie photos.

Matthew surprised us again and had another night of sleeping through, wow 2 in a row can we get more out of him

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast