Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #5

Default Babies Born May 2005 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

*Shannon* - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Nellbe - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4200gms/ 9lb 4oz Length - 53.5cms Head Circ - 36cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Matthew Kenneth Ian.
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/deeannemark/
    Health Concerns: Reflux until 4.5 months, Atopic Ezcema diagnosed @ 5.5months, now under control with Elocon for flare ups and Elidel to prevent it.
    Notes: 6 days late, born via c/s due to CPD which we only found out about 1 day before the c/s.

Forum Name: Mouse_9_2001
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 9lbs 15 and a half oz's , 38 head circ, 53cm's long
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Chloe Rose
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 8 days late

Forum Name: moof_mum
    State: WA, Perth
    Baby's DOB: 05/05/05 ( i love typing that)
    Baby's Stats: 5p poz, 48cms lenght
    Baby's Name: Hannah Gillian
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b...iful%5Fhannah/
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 2 weeks early, emergency c-section

Forum Name: rails
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 7th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6oz
    Baby's Name: Jesse William
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/rails
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: born 1 day early, Natural birth
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: *Michelle*
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 2.660 5 lb 14oz Length 46.5cm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby's Name: Alexander Edward
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/prescott/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Was born at 36wks 6days by emergency c/section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Juliette
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 21st May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ: 8 lb 1 oz - 52cm - 34.5cm
    Baby's Names: Hannah Roisin
    Baby's Website: working on it...
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced due to PIH at term, 19 hour labour, failure to progress due to insufficient pelvis size, emergency C Section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: *Shannon*
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 25th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb10oz (3460g); Length - 50cm; Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jessalyn Adara Reid
    Baby's Website: http://spassmore1.photosite.com/
    Health Concerns: Biliary Atresia - Kasai performed @ 7w6d; ano-rectal malformation; tethered spinal cord with meningocele; sacral agenesis.
    Notes: 2 days overdue, natural delivery.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Angel
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 25th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3040g (6lb 10oz) Length - 51cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Kynan Gunter
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babywriggles
    Health Concerns: mild reflux
    Notes: Induced at 37w5d due to high BP and Kynan not moving well or practicing his breathing properly.

Forum Name: Serendipity (Belinda)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 26th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7pound 1 ounce Length -54cms Head Circ -34cms
    Baby's Name: Mason James
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none so far (touching wood)
    Notes: 1 day early, they said he was a touch overcooked

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Hope you manage to find something that helps the restless legs, Deeanne. Fingers crossed you & Matthew have a better sleep tonight! OMG @ the $1000 school excursion! That's a lot of money! I wonder how many parents simply can't afford to spend that much on an excursion even with this much notice...

I have just decided that i am going to enjoy this time and not become a lunatic like last time (someone please remind me of this if you see the signs

The logical part of me knows this might not last, things can go wrong, etc, etc.

But why not enjoy it for what it is for today and tommorow and so on, so that is what i am going too do.

I always feel if i get ahead of myself too much i will jinx it, but i have no control over the biology of my body, and if something goes wrong then it was for a reason, even though i will still be very sad if it does.

Can you tell i am overtired and the day of emotions has caught up with me, i kinda feel like crying, just a big day...

Ok remember to remind me later about what i just said lol

Think i will still wait till i see doctor next week before i tell family etc, as i want to know everything is in the right place at least.

Ok i am now thinking if i post this then something will go wrong as its all so positive, ggggrrr at me.....

I will probally read this tommorow and think what the hell did post that for lol, but thats what its here for i guess

Night
    Belinda

p.s - Shannon: Hope you and Jessalyn and family are going well, her test is coming up very soon isnt it??

Congrats again Belinda :D

Dee, I get RLS (esp when preggo), it's annoying isn't it!! I have found that taking an iron suppliment can help.

Tanya

rails Guest

Morning ...

Belinda - How exciting for you !!!! .... =D> feel free to express as much as you want, you are right this is what BB is for ... .... hope you managed to get some sleep, looks like your mind was in overdrive ..haha !!!

Dee - ooohhh remember the restless legs ... hated that, poor you .... Jesse's poos are a bit mucky also ... so it MUST be teething, yesterday was terrible ... eekkk !

Yesterday we went to the shops for a few things....am going away next week to the murray again .... so needed to get some more swimming togs for Jesse as the other pair he wore at xmas time will be too small now. went for a couple things ended up spending nearly $100 !!!!! ... Jesse woke up early today due to his coughing .... so now he has fallen asleep in the musico swing .... so cute. Have my sister's little boy for a couple hours today, Jesse should be asleep when he comes so i hopefully will manage ok ... he is 2yo & a bit of a handfull at times, depends on his mood.... he loves Jesse tho which is very sweet.

Thanks Tanya and Rails

Yes it definately was in overdrive, but after i typed all that i was quiet tired, done bottles and went to bed, so it helped

Lucky you going away again Rails, and it doesnt take much to spend up at the shops, hope you have a good time with your nephew

Take care
    Belinda

Belinda, I so KWYM. I was a complete stresshead during my PG with Kynan and had so many breakdowns as I was worried I would m/c yet again but at the same time I was determined to make the most of being PG and try to enjoy it. I was always reminding myself of how precious it all was and to be grateful for every minute of the PG whether it went for only a few weeks or we got all the way through it. Anyway, I can definitely understand where you're coming from! *hugs*

Rails, awww @ the cute togs you got for Jesse! I bet he'll look adorable in them! I just bought a swim nappy for Kynan as he'll be starting a waterbabies class next month. Very exciting!

Kynan's having such a good sleep today. He went down for his nap just after 11:30am and it's now after 3 and he's still asleep! He only need resettling once too!

Belinda - IKWYM, I`ve been a worrier right throughout this pregnancy and can`t enjoy it, I still have my up`s and down`s but feeling bubs kicking madly now helps. Hugs to you, I know how stressful it can be and how easily it can all just be taken away from you, my moto this pregnancy is - Take one day at a time!!!!

Angel - Wow @ Kynan sleeping so well

Rails - Have a good day today with your Nephew, sounds like you had a good spending spree yesterday.

Thanks girls my RLS wasn`t too bad last night, it was shocking during the day though.

Matthew woke twice last night at 12am and 2.15am. Matthew and I went to work today, Mark`s still not impressed with me and keeps telling me to tell them that I can`t do it, I know I should buttttttt....... anyway as he said I would I hurt my stomach, had some pains in it but they have gone now, so many kids needed picking up and cuddling then when one started crying, Matthew would cry in sympathy. I feel exhausted now and only have myself to blame.

rails Guest

Morning ...

Angel - I was going to start Jesse in swim class also next month, but DH wants me to wait until he is at least 1yo .... he thinks he is too young to start learning & is worried about germs & stuff .... :-k .... i don't agree, but will wait a few more months to enrol him to keep him happy. Hope Kynan ejoys his classes, it is exciting !! YAY @ the great long sleep !!

Dee - you must promise to take it easy, i worry about you .... do you work in a childcare centre >?? .... don't be afraid to tell your boss that it is not working out if you feel you can't go on with it .... try to, you can't please everyone all the time .... ((hugs)) xxxx

Well Jesse fell yesterday after trying to stand up against his new table toy, hit his face on the way down ... boy did he cry .... i was sitting right next to him ... a few seconds later he had a red mark under his right eye, then i noticed another red mark on his left eyelid ... they were both a bit puffy .... thought OH NO he is going to have his first black eye on both !!! he was quite alright after lots of kisses & cuddles ... but i felt terrible that i didn't stop the fall .... this morning his eye is still a little red but hasn't bruised yet....maybe tomorrow ... sniff, sniff

Jesse is still coughing .... it is very crabby & flemmy, sounds awful ... & am still going thru a stack of tissues ... his nose just doesn't stop running. Otherwise all is well, he is sleeping good, his top tooth is poking out alot more.

Rails - hugs to you, it`s so awful when they fall and you can`t stop it, I know how you`d be feeling , . Yay for Jesse`s top tooth poking through - how many teeth is that now? I hope he gets better soon. It`s not really a Childcare Centre I work at, along those lines but different, I work for a Family Support Services and they have groups each term where I`m then employed to look after the chidren of varying ages anything from newborn up to 6 sometimes older, I must have really overdone it yesterday as I`m so sore, my whole body is aching, needless to say Mark keeps saying "I told you so". So many of the young ones needed cuddling, there is a boy around Matthew`s age and when he started crying so did Matthew so often I had the 2 of them in my arms trying to soothe both of them down.

Matthew has a very watery left eye today, he`s never had watery eyes at all so I`m a bit worried that it may turn into conjuctivitis so far it`s just clear fluid so I`m hoping it will improve during the day. Matthew was so tired last night after only having one sleep all day and that was only an hour, he went to bed early at 8pm and slept until 5.30am so that was okay, think it might be another one sleep again today. Oh everyone commented how beautiful Matthew is yesterday which was lovely to hear, I know he is but I am bias

Sounds cute you holding the two babies and comforting them Luke used to be a sympathy cryer, he still is.
    Hope Matthews eye clears up for you, and he gets a good sleep in.

Found Mason loves Thomas tank engine show, he laughs and ooh ahh when its on.

Trying to get him to have another nap, he gets so tired now lately.

Rails: Hope Jesse's eye is better by tommorow, Mason had a blackish eye the other week, god knows how, he falls over so often that we are never sure.

I have doctors appointment tommorow and i dont know whether to ask for blood tests or not, are they standard? I only had them with Mason because i had a scan too early and they noted about viability so doctor got hcg done to settle me down lol. Just want to know if everything is planted in the right place really and blood test wont tell me that will it?

Take care
    Belinda

Belinda - With both pregnancies my GP ordered all the BT`s then sends the results through to my OB, it think most Dr`s like to send you for a BT. Your right a BT will not tell you that bubs is planted in the right spot but it will show your HCG levels but then again I`m not sure how reliable they are as mine at 5 weeks were only 600 my OB said that wasn`t good and that was with a twin pregnancy so I think each woman is diferent as with a twin pregnancy I think they should be double what a singleton is :-k Good luck at your appointment.

Yes thats what i thought that they should be double for twins, but i think the figures really are just so individial. I know the doctor said mine were good with Mason but that wasnt good enough lol. I just want to avoid a scan before 6.5wks if i can help it, as i had such a hard time with the scan results of Mason, because they couldnt find anything, so i walked away thinking it was all a mistake, dont want to go through that again.

I ended up retesting just before to see if line got darker from a couple of days ago, it is darker but not as dark as control line, but i am thinking thats probally ok for AF hypothetically 3 days late.

Thanks for the good luck

Belinda

Hey All!

Your BFP is SO EXCITING Belinda!! Woohoo for you!!! Congrats!

Dee - Hope you're takin' it easy... Hope Matthew's eye is ok.

Hey Rails - Hope Jesse is feeling better after his fall. It is awful to see them stack it like that! Hannah stopped falling over for a while and got really good at lowering herself gently onto her bottom - now that she's trying to let go and walk, she's started falling over again...d'oh! Yay for the tooth, and I hope his cough gets better soon...

Angel - Kynan sounds like he's a great day sleeper! Way to go!

No exciting news from us...it's all same old same old. Hannah and I are staying at home today. I *just* got her off to sleep before, and the phone rang (grrrrrrr...) - so I've just managed to resettle her. Let's hope she has a nice long nap for mummy! Hannah's waving byebye now - it is so cute! Not so cute, is that she's gone off savoury foods. I usually make my own food for her...but I've been lazy these last couple of weeks and used mostly commercial (organic) tins. She keeps spraying the food back at me. So annoying. Of course, she eats up the sweet stuff no problems!!!

Thanks Juliette

Hope Hannah sleeps a little while longer for you

Belinda

Spoke too soon - she's awake now and playing at my feet... damn that phone!

Yes they can be a pain at the wrong times!!

I left the video camera on the lounge earlier and forgot then caught Mason playing with it and went aaahhh, scared him and he wobbled then fell over on his head, poor thing, he is getting used to falling nowadays though, he spends more time on the floor somedays then up.

He also got in his bouncer upside down and got stuck, was funny.

Belinda

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast