Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #8

funny you mention the food as i am a person who has no calcium either< but did take multis before ttc"ing this time< so yeah who knows lol< but i am happy that mason will have a brother to hang out with and two older brothers to learn from(including nephew there)
    its damn hard financiallly when you start to consider things isnt it< but i know my bil and sil have six kids between them and they all do ok and i guess you just work it out as you go and there is nothing saying you cant have a break between this two to let things improve a little first
    good luck with all that happens anyways

rails Guest

Michelle - i'm with you there with the broken mug handles, Jesse broke my favourite mug the other day ... ... so had to go buy some new ones, cause the next day he broke another one .... really have to get those locks on the cupboards doors - dh is really slack ! .... hope your scan went well, thinking of you xox

Belinda - i heard that theory too, with the girl sperm being stronger & the male sperm faster - when we were ttc i mentioned this to dh, so we bd right on O days most fertile to up our chances of concieving a boy - it might of worked cause we had a boy , must say though haven't heard the calcium one.

Dee - how cute with the superman outfit ... i have one too here for Jesse but it is still too big for him, maybe in a few months it will fit properly. Good luck with the car hunting ... hope you find one that suits.

Well, Jesse is better ... but i am worse ! .... feel like crap ... my head aches, the coughing is terrible & i am suppose to be going out tomorrow night - had organized Jesse to be babysat by my sister ... i hardly ever go out, my first night in ages... can't believe i am sick of all nights.

Also we have an update on the weaning issue - Jesse took the Nuby bottle for the first time yesterday !!!!!!!! ..... i put cows milk blended with banana ... he loved it, so i will gradually reduce the banana each day till he takes the milk on its own ... can't believe that it worked ! ... he is still on the boob in the morning.

Jesse is teething AGAIN !!! ..... after his bath yesterday i noticed a couple pimples, said to dh he will probably wake tonight think he is teething again. Sure enough 2:30am he woke screaming .... it was a very different cry - painfull, thought he had hurt himself ... checked his nappy (cause my nose is blocked, couldn't smell anything lol) & he had a very smudgy poo & a VERY RED bottom ...my poor baby - he has never had nappy rash - only a bit of redness which i got rid of straight away - it was just terrible .... have smothered him with cream all day today, it is getting better, thank god ! .... i did notice that the bottom gums were very swollen, he has 4 teeth on the bottom then a space then the swelling - is that the molars ???

OH !!! ....forgot to mention that i have updated Jesse's website if you want to take a peek xxx
    Last edited by Trillian; June 10th, 2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Double posting

for the gender thing, i always go by the chinese gender prediction chart, its been right for me so far boy then girl. when i was pregnant with chloe I craved milk so badand my docsaid it was coz i needed more calcium, dunno lol

chloe is teething too, she has a runny nose and was getting up every 2 hrs, last night she slept through though after some panadol and teething gel.
    i took her to my local playgroup on wednesday it was ok, felt a little out of place as everyone knew everyone but they were all nice to me so that was good.

i ahvent had much of a chance to read up on things
    rails i hope jesse doesnt have too many hassles with his teeth
    michelle glad to ehar your scan went ok and bubs is going good

hope everyone else is going ok

Lesley

rails Guest

Jesse slept thru last night ... which was a relief, because i couldn't stop coughing & it took ages for me to get to sleep. This morning his bottom is much better - he is alot happier too.

Lesley i did the chinese gender prediction too, mine was right also & so has been most people i know. Hope Chloe has a better night tonight for you.

hope all teethers dont have too hard a time of it
    mason is getting around four that i can see at once< but could be more< so went from one tooth to a mouthful soon lol
    the chinese predictor said that mason and luke should of been girls and this one should be boy lol so yeah
    i also craved calcium badly with both boys< but i really dont have calcium at all< this time i was taking multi pre conception and didnt< so i guess my body had enough in it this time
    so i guess it shows you just dont know either way lol< but why not try for fun anyhow it cant hurt

i would never have another one if i really wanted a girl badly though< not willing to take that risk< would only have another one if i were happy that it be a boy< which i would be at this point in time< boys are good

Hope Chloe's teeth come through soon Lesley and she starts to sleep all night again.

Alex is cutting another two teeth but he is always so good with it. He's still got hi runny nose so that could be because of his teeth. He's getting better at standing alone and is taking more steps everyday.

I've updated my journal on how my scan went a few things happend when i was there.

Dee so cute having Matthew in a superman outfit don't forget to take photos so we can all see.

ETA we have worked out a cheap way to stop Alex playing in the kitchen cupboards not sure how long it will last but it's a start we are using Kimberley's hair bands to put around the handles. A really cheap way of doing it for now.

how is everyone enjoying there weekend?
    mines going ok, over the inital excitment of the bfp yesterday hehe.

it just keeps rainging here i know its needed to keep up the suplies and all but chloe hates being couped up inside. Shes been asleepfor 2 and a half hours now, a very rare occasion for her, tho she was up alot last night.

I hope everyones well.
    take care
    LEsley

That's great Chloe is sleeping at the moment for you Lesley. What a pain having to stay inside all day because of the rain.

It's another nice day here again we could do with some rain at least it woudl save me from watering the garden.
    Alex is also asleep been in bed for about 2hrs he didn't want to go at first but he was so grumpy.

Congratulations again Lesley on you BFP.

rails Guest

Belinda - i'm the same, wouldn't mind at all at having another boy - think i would actually prefer it, so Jesse has a brother to grow up with & be mates with KWIM ?

Michelle - good idea with the hairbands - i have put rubber bands on the handles in the tv unit cupboards that helps too.

Lesley - not sure if i said 'congratulations' or not .... can't keep up with everyone LOL ...too many are celebrating ! .... How exciting, very happy for you !

Well, Jesse has stopped drinking the cows milk again - even with the banana mixed in - my sister had him Satday night, he wouldn't take it & he won't take it with me either now ..... thought i had solved the problem....oh well, back to the drawing board & back on the boob !!! My sis did say he was very good - Dream Baby she said actually lol - so that made me feel good. He went to sleep straight away & slept all night, no dramas phew !

Jesse took 2 steps on his own yesterday ... whoohoo !!!!!

Lesley: congrats on your BFP great news

Rails: woohoo at Jesse taking steps

Michelle: left you a msg in your diary

Belinda thank you for my message

Rails Woohoo on Jesse taking two steps on his own it won't be long and he will be off running.
    Not sure what else you can do to get him to drink cows milk have you thought about adding some toddler milk stuff. Coles baby club gave a free sample out. I have here if you want i can post it too you as Alex can't have it and it will only end up in the bin.

Hi Girls

Been busy, busy, busy here trying to work out what`s the best way of getting the car we wanted, Mark decided on Friday that it might be best to TRY and find a used one, so we found one but it was sold 24 hours beforehand so yesterday went down to Sydney to look at another one, oh my goodness talk about a used car, they didn`t even clean it plus it had an illegal tyre on it plus dents and scratches, just filthy inside, thinking about it if we brought these 2nd hand cars we`d only be short by about $10000 to buy a new one so we`ve now gone and put a deposit on a brand new Silver Pearl Landcruiser Sahara, got a fantastic deal too Now just have to wait till tomorrow to find out when we can get it, which will probably be next week, they couldn`t get onto the Toyota Australia to give us any accurate information today being a public holiday. I`m a bit worried about parking it and reversing it, Mark is also so I`m not alone there.

Lesley - Congratulations. Glad you received lots of rain, we got a little - 6mls which does nothing, it needs to flood to get us out of this situation. Are you going to have bubs at John Hunter?

Rails - Yay for Jesse taking 2 steps, sorry to hear he`s refusing the cows milk.

Michelle - I came across your msn msg late yesterday after getting home from Sydney, Mark turns the computer on and forgets to turn the msn off so hence it`s on when we`re not even here and often in the middle of the night.

Re the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart - it was correct with Matthew but not with this boy, he was meant to be a girl.

Matthew`s doing well, just the usual taking steps of up to 4 all the time, probably more often now then he was, he has been standing up from a sitting position for a few weeks now too, that`s without holding onto anything to help him up. I`m hoping now he`ll be walking by my birthday.

Take Care

Dee

That's great news on the new car front Dee hope everything works out okay with it.
    Not to worry that you didn't see my msg till late i thought you was away from the computer at least it meant i got my ironing done

I'm not looking to much in to the gender chart thing at the moment until we get a stronger HB mine says girl but with the HB being so low at the moment I'm not so sure.

Deeanne, awww @ Matthew's superman outfit! How adorable! Have you taken any pics?

Rails, love the latest piccies on Jesse's website. Birthday pics are great! Woohoo for him taking his first steps!

Lesley, congrats on the BFP!

Michelle, hope Alex's teeth come through quickly. That's great that they're not giving him too much trouble though.

Kynan's night sleeps haven't been too good lately. He's been waking in the middle of the night very unsettled & screaming. The other night he woke at 1am and didn't go back to sleep until 4am (and that was only when I brought him into bed with me and he lay on top of me and I had to sing him to sleep!). It's all very exhausting! I'm also trying to gradually wean him off being wrapped for his day sleeps. Can't believe he is over 12m and still wrapped during the day LOL.

rails Guest

Michelle - thanks for the offer, but i don't think he will take that either .... he really liked the milk & banana blend he had it for a couple days fine, then when he realized that the boob wasn't coming as well he would cry just when he saw me preparing the bottle. Spoke to the MHN about it & she said that it is very difficult to wean after 12mths, i said i wish someone told me that LOL !! .... he just isn't interested the little rascal.

Dee - Fantastic that you found a car to get, sounds like a good one too ! .... WTG Matthew on the 4 steps, think all our little ones are well on their way.

Angel - sorry to hear Kynan is having bad sleeps lately. Yes, Jesse loved being wrapped too, managed to slowly wean him from wrapping by doing a half wrap (under arms) then the transition was easier - good luck ! .... thanks for looking at the pics

Well Jesse is taking about 4-5 steps now all the time .... so cute to watch & very exciting ! ....
    Jesse is really giving me a hard time at dinner, he is rejecting most meals & tries to grab the bowl, which i give to him but he just wants to throw it on the floor, is taking me ages to get him to eat anything, when he does take a mouthfull he spits it out straight away :eek: ... what food do you guys give & do you just leave on the tray ? ... or do you still hand feed ..... i just feel he wouldn't eat much if i leave it up to him ... is very frustrating

Sorry to hear dinner times are getting so frustrating for you, Rails! I know how you feel though as Kynan has been doing a similar thing for a while now (although with him it's mainly refusing anything with vegies in it!). I just make sure I offer Kynan a wide range of food to choose from and I still spoon feed him as well as letting him have finger foods at each meal. Like with Jesse I think Kynan would go hungry if I didn't spoon feed him some of the meal! For at least 1 meal a day, sometimes more, he insists on having his own bowl and spoon, both of which usually end up on the floor but if he doesn't have them then he'll scream and refuse to eat LOL. Sometimes I have to sing nursery rhymes to him just to get him to swallow his food otherwise he just spits it all out LOL.

Rails I have the same problem with Alex some foods i still feed him but most things i just put on his tray and he helps himself. I find it easier that way and i then get to eat a hot meal as well.
    He eats most things we eat and i think he gets most it inside.

I brought Alex his first pair of real shoes today we have a show shop near us that sells last seasons shoes so i got a pai of clarks for $20 could have had some for $10 if he had smaller feet

WTG Jesse on the step taking Food can be a problem here at times now also, it`s only just happened in the last 4 weeks, Matthew will be very strange with all the chewy meat such as last night beef, it goes straight overboard, he`ll eat mince when he feels in the mood, when we have burittos which is normally when the boys are with us we load Matthew`s tray up with carrot, grated cheese, mince, pineapple he loves it all especially the pineapple and carrot - off course he ends up yellow LOL At lunch time since he can be quite strange with his food and either is interested or not, today he was fine he had a vegmite sandwich and pears and ate it all except for the crusts they were all over the floor!!!! At times Matthew certainly throws a tantrum and I have to hold his hands down for him to even taste the food, sometimes it works and he realises oh that`s nice other times he doesn`t want to have anything to do with it, it`s then that I then give him a piece of raisin toast which he usually eats, if not it too ends up on the floor and I don`t push the issue, I just clean him up. MIL seems to think Matthew should be eating from utensils, I know I`m probably slack as I haven`t tried him as I`m worried about the mess :eek: and know most of it will end up around the kitchen and not in his mouth. Breakfast off a spoon fed job - weetbix, he`s down to 2 now and sometimes be lucky if I can get 2 down him, dinner is fingerfood even with mashed potato I let him feed himself, he always has what we have then he goes on to have rice cereal with pear and banana and some custard or yoghurt afterwards - so I guess it`s 50/50 finger foods or spoon fed foods.

Angel - Yes I have taken photos but I haven`t had much time to be on the comp lately so photos aren`t on Matthew`s site yet. Sorry to hear Kynan`s night sleeps aren`t good atm, OMG @ Kynan still being wrapped, Matthew didn`t want to be wrapped from 6 weeks of age, he always kicked blankets off and then pulled his wraps off.

LOL Michelle at being able to get your ironing done.

Those who are still BFing bubs, are you finding when they want BB they lift up your shirt searching for it, I`m hoping it doesn`t hsappen out in public one day?

Matthew is getting very clingy where Mummy is concerned AGAIN, not sure if he knows something will be happening soon or it`s yet another phrase he`s going through, but if I`m holding him then put him on the floor to play he cries wanting Mummy, going to the toliet he`s going through the same episode of crying when I`m in there wanting Mummy.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

Dee

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast