Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #14

Well playgroup wasn't so bad.....it's a bit cheesy though. Currently trying to convince the Dragon to have a sleep, but she's having a party in there.....just want to eat my caramel sundae in peace. It's about a thousand degrees.

well I got to eat it, just not in peace....

I wish i could have a sundae!!! Its not really really hot but an ice-cream would'nt go astray!!

Glad playgroup went well Kim....

Thought Iíd get in and post before I loose this computer. Donít know when Iím getting it back Ė should only be 24 hours though Iíd say.

Vic ~ Iím glad the kids are feeling better.

Shazz ~ It was great chatting to you on MSN last night.

Kim ~ LOL about not having the rail right upÖ mine is definitely up. The worst part is that itís the end sections that he climbs up onÖ actually in hindsight thatís probably better for now. At least he holds onto that and doesnít have much chance of flipping over whereas the rail side is lower and he would just loose balance and fall Iíd thinkÖ I really need to change it donít I. Pity I canít find the allen ey How cute is Darcy laughing when you say no!!! Iíve never been to playgroup before so Iím not sure what it is like. Kindergym is fun but they really canít do an awful lot at this age and not worth it if youíre strapped for cash I wouldnít think. Does she like water? Swimming lessons are probably the dearest of the 3 but youíre in a small group and not only do you get interact with other parents but so does Darcy. Not too mention the water familiarization which is always handy. I find Em always has a really good sleep that night as well. Hmmm caramel sundae Ė yummo!! Iím thinking that its hot chip for dinner tonight LOL.

Sara ~ Haha about making Brent get up Ė good on ya!!! Thanks for the password. I will check it out as soon as I get a chance. Em is starting to climb out of his rocker too Ė and when I say climb thatís exactly what I am mean. He turns around and then crawls down off the rocker till heís on the floor :eek: cheeky monkey Ė maybe this is what Darcy is doing as well rather then falling?

Just thought Iíd tease you all and let you know that Iíve just finished watching the first 3 episodes of next seasons Greys Anatomy!!! And Iíve got another 3 to watch yet - YAY!!!! I will use my non-computer time wisely by watching Greys and scrap booking LOL.

not fair Nat how did youy get greys next season ?? and yep it was great chatting to you too we should do it more often

Hi sara Kim and Vic and every one else i have a roaring headache and i'm off to the shower then to bed

Apparently these things are very easy to download off the net.... I have no idea - I just borrowed it from a friend LOL. I'm very glad that I did too... I'm watching Lost next haha!! Hope your head is feeling better!!!

Yep apparently, my bro does it for everything, just chews through your download allowance though.
    Anything good happen Nat???

Hey Vic I can make your fruit more appealing. I have a recipe for fruit dip with Kaluha/Tia Maria if you want it....kinda ruins the nutritional value though....hmmm off to dig into mine with some rockmelon me thinks.....

Just a quick one sorry ladies, me is too tired, these 2hourly wake ups are killing me.

Well drummmmmmm rollllllllllllllll................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................. We now weigh............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 6.12kgs YAY!
    So basically on the 30/10/06 he weighed in at 6.08kgs
    then on the 9/11/06 it was 5.84kgs
    now on the 21/11/06 we are back over the 6kg mark YAY!

No vomits today, another YAY!!!!!

But, yep there is always a BUT
    He is sleeping so badly, we got so desperate last night that we layed him on his belly (as we do during the day, but don't have the courage at night) and he slept for 4-5hours straight, which is better then the 1-2hours he was doing prior to this. Basically he went to sleep at 9pm and we had to put the dummy back in twice by 11pm as he was restless and started crying and the night got really bad from 11pm then. So when we layed him on his tummy at around 2am, we lay awake checking on him all god dam night, so we are stuffed. Not sure what is going on. We rang the paed today as he has been like this for atleast a week now and he has told us we can increase his losec again, so see if that helps tonight, but my CHN said that maybe because of the continuous feeds his tummy is never empty and he feels pain from it. Don't know but either way we will see how tonight goes. Wade threatened him last night that he is going a long way to being an only child. Now for Wade to say that, that is saying something, as nothing stresses him.

So basically if it is not one thing it is another at present, but we have to look at the positives, just guess it is hard when you are so sleep deprived. But not only do we need our sleep, so does he, so hopefully we work out the answer soon.

I bought a xmas tree today when I broke up from my marriage he got ours, so it was time to invest in another seeing as it is Lachies first xmas.

My mum is here in the morning, so won't be on very much SORRY girls, going to use the opportunity to get my house clean for xmas and get a few zzz's.

Ok ni ni, me is one very very tired gal :sleeping:
    Last edited by shereejoy; November 21st, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Morning Ladies,

YAY LACHIE!!!!!!!!!

Thats great news Sheree. Let hope he keeps on the good run!! I have everything crossed for you all!!

Not much on today. Going to have my house back too myself for the day. IL's are going into town for the day. Brent has gone back to work! So its just me and Briley!!

Well girls......my period is offically 2 days late!! I am really getting scared now!! Going to hold off on testing till tomorrow though. Have'nt got a test a home and i am not going into town till tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted.

Anyways BBL
    Last edited by Ilithyia; November 22nd, 2006 at 10:33 AM.

Morning everyone.

Sheree - glad Lachlan is picking up for you. Hope the weight gain continues nicely for you.

Sara - Fingers are crossed for you. I can understand you being scared, but how exciting at the same time.

Just quickly, does anyone have any ideas how to stop my monkey of a daughter from rolling onto her stomach in the bath? She can't sit by herself yet so the bath seat is out of the question, and she's too long for the baby bath. She pushes herself up with her head underwater, coughs and splutters, and when I roll her onto her back to 'save' her, over she rolls almost straight away... Cheeky monkey.

Leanne - For the last couple of days i have been giving Briley tummy time in the water. I just hold her face up with my arm. Sometimes i just let her go and let her put her face under the water for a second just so that she learns that if she puts her face under there she's not going to be able to breathe. The first time i layed her on her stomach she did choke and i rolled her over but now she is a little more cautious.

If you don't want her to roll over maybe roll some hand towels either side of her so she can't roll. I am pretty sure you can buy things to chock either side of her but i am sure the hand towel thingy is the cheaper option. But its up too you.

HTH....
    Last edited by Ilithyia; November 22nd, 2006 at 10:34 AM.

Fantastic news Sheree. Have a lovely time cleaning.

Oooh Sara! Fingers crossed for you. I tried to read your chart but I have NO idea! Wish we could try again (not real keen on another baby just yet, but want to be pregnant again).

Leanne, I have no suggestions, but I think Sara's is good. I'm going back to the baby bath cos now she can sit by herself she prefers to be independent but there's lots of space for mishaps in the big bath. I have a seat if you want to borrow to give her a try.

7 thousand degrees again today.....might go swimming this arvie. It was still 36 at 8 last night so the washing got draped on chairs inside.

Quiet in here today.

It's really really hot. The whole place smells of smoke from the bushfires and the sky is an eerie colour as the sun is shining through the smoke. I hate that about summer. Hopefully things will get under control up in the blue mountains and no homes lost.

Just wanted to say I have finally updated Katy's photo webpage (only took four months) and the link is in my siggy.

BBL - Bert's on.

I HATE ASH in the WASHING.....poor buggars out there fighting hells work.

New signin name Leanne?!

We went swimming this arvie at mum's in a pair of borrowed togs from my nephew and his rashie. The rashie was about 3 sizes too big....funny funny.

might update mine too, good idea.

Leanne - have no suggestions other then why not a baby seat one that is not completly upright - do you know what I mean? It is a seat that is arched, I put Lachlan in the big bath in his seat and he loves it.

Sara - GL for testing!

Kim - geez sounds hot!

Lachie woke at 12am last nite and I patted his bum as he lay on his side and off back to sleep for another 5ish hours. So side/belly seems to be the best thing for him atm.

Lachie appears to have the runs now, 6 wet poos today, I was in town and run out of nappies. He appears ok, bit snuggly which is unusual, I rang the paed today and he told me to get a sample, how hard is that when they soak into the nappy when they are that wet!

Well another vomit today but not as bad like the other ones of late.

It was so funny today I was in town, 6 poos and I run out of nappies. hehe.

Sheree - I think I know the seat that you mean, is there a weight limit on it? I tried Kaitlyn in the bath seat tonight and she hated it, so I thought ah what the heck if she's rolling over and not crying nor drowing can't be too bad....

I'll try her again in the seat when she's sitting.

I am not sure Leanne, but I know I swapped mine with my SIL'S as her boy is way bigger then mine and I had the big seat and she had the little one, so suits us just fine now and atleast Lachlan doesn't fall out of it now, he fits nice and snug.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

No time for personals today girls ... I'll be lucky if I get to read even half the posts I've missed out on.

Jovi's doing good ... now ... she has an ear infection she's getting over and a bit of a cold (I blame her sickly cousins who always catch everything going round ... spose it doesn't help they go to day care) which she decided to give to me ... no flu all year than bam!

She's eating like a trojan now. AND she loves her vegies so there goes mum's theory that she was a sweet tooth. I knew she wasn't. Just wanted to start with the fruit. She eats so much! When we went home a couple of weeks ago her nanny made her some mashed vegies and cos she just made a large batch she filled a normal bowl, expecting to put left overs in the fridge ... Jovi at the lot, drank her bottle then had some custard! she's a little pig!

But that seems to be her routine at the moment. Usually if she is awake in the mornings, she'll have bottle, some rice cereal with a little apple. lunch - bottle, vegies, maybe some custard if she feels like it, tea is same as lunch. PLUS she'll have something to eat during the day and juice! She doesn't always drink all of her bottle, but usually half (90mls) and is eating well and putting on weight so I don't worry.

Not sure if I mentioned last time but my SIL had a "little" boy about a month ago. He's not far off being the same size as Jovi! He's already 61cm!!!(Jovi was 65.5 when she had her needles!) Absolutely crazy!

Still trying to move ... applying for any job that comes up (if more money thats better! lol) Work is crazy ... lots to do. Usually getting there around 7 these days (we don't open till 8:30!) so by the time i get home, spend time with jovi, cook tea etc its bed time so not much time for the net these days. Will hopefully catch up on posting soon.

Gotta go ... talk soon and hope you are all well!

MMMMWWWAAAHH!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast