Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #15

Jodie259 Guest

Hey Kim... I stopped wrapping Shaun a little while ago. The sleep school recommended it. He was okay with it... although he would kick a fair bit. Then he started moving around.

But a few days ago he started rolling over... onto his tummy - in his cot.
    He would cry and cry and cry until we turned him over. It was getting annoying as he would do it constantly. And after watching him, I am sure he was deliberately rolling over so that we would come in. I would teach him to roll back over, but he would just flip back onto his stomach.
    So I decided to leave him a bit longer each time... to let him know that his new trick wouldn't work. And then he started sleeping on his stomach. Today he slept for two hours solid. Ithink he's finding it more comfortable. I have a heart beat monitor in his cot, so I'm not panicking too much.
    I've been told by doctors & MCHN that he has to sleep on his side or front now because he has a flat head.

Nat yep I got the tree up, some pressies wrapped, four loads of washing done, all the vaccuuming and most of the dusting.

No wrapping was a bad idea, so I've just done her legs and she seems OK with that. She's just not used to the arms out. Cheers for those tips Nat, I tried Target but they don't carry them and I'm not keen to fork out the 70 odd bucks for a grobag IYKWIM?

Well I got my pics back for my chissie cards and I'm a bit ticked off. I put two 4x3pics together for a regular sized photo and had Merry Christmas along the bottom, but they printed a bit skew wiff and a bit of the writing is cut off. Think I'll use them anyway, but gees...

Woops snap Jodie! Yeah that's what the Dragon's been doing! But she gets caught in the wrap. She thinks it's a great game! During the day if I say, "What are you doing?!" she laughs
    Last edited by ~Kim~; November 27th, 2006 at 07:50 PM.

Shazz - god I dread the day that I get sick again, touch wood I am onto atleast 15mths no cold/flu. Hope you feel better soon, you poor thing.

Nat - glad you are feeling a little better and you got a few things done around the house. yay for you.

Jodie - that is Lachlan too, finding so much comfort on his tummy to sleep on of late.

Kim - do I have your email address, I tried a new technique of wrapping, not sure if it will help you, I have a website link. Don't know if it was just a coincidence or not but it worked last night and worked wonders, and I think our children are the active ones out of the bunch. Will send you this link if you give me your email address.

Vic - those sleeping bags are they thin for summer???

Well Lachlan is drinking less again but atleast I have the tube for now. Was going to convince paed we didn't need it but maybe that was a bit premature.

Hope we have a good nite again.

HAPPY 6 MONTHS SHAUN

Oh sheers Vic, we have one just around the corner. If they don't have one I will certainly be calling on you.

Sheree have sent you an email.

Welcome to 6months Shaun!

Jodie259 Guest

Awww.... thanks Sheree... and Kim !!

I took some photos of Shaun today to 'celebrate'.
    My dad used to write on a piece of paper (3 months, 4 months etc) when he used to photograph me... so I did the same too.
    I wrote: "I am six months old today... and the date" and had that in most of his photos.
    I also took photos of Shaun with all his trophies... although he was trying to EAT THEM !! God, he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth!!!

We don't have one of those stores here, so that would be great, if you give me ur bank a/c details I will deposit money + postage. No rush either, thanx for that.

Oh and Kim didn't think about hotmail email, derrr.... will have a look soon once I get this man to sleep and post the link for you.

Evening Ladies,

Well as i expected the results were'nt too good. The dr did a pg test and the same thing happened as the home tests. The pg line was VERY faint. So i got sent for a b/t and i get the results on Wednesday.

I have a terrible feeling this pg is'nt going to be viable. My periods were due a week ago. With Briley my af was 1 week late and when i tested the lines came up real dark straight away. I am wondering if the pg is going to even progress any further than here.

I am trying not to panic too much. I'm and hoping and praying that everything will be ok.

Sorry girls, not up for personals tonight.

BB in the morn....

Sara just remember every pregnancy is different and each pregnancy has different HCG levels, be positive darlin you will be fine.

Kim sent you that web address on my personal email, I hate using hotmail.

And can you tell me how much of that calm do you give. The label says 1ml every 1/2 hour then 4 hourly. Is this every day????

This is what I tried posting last night only my internet wasn't working....

Happy 6mths Shaun!!

Nat: I haven't been watching Oz Idol too much and I thought Damien would win anyway hehe. Good to hear your feeling a bit better.....Don't over do it though you don't want to get sicker.

Shazz: OMG!! You sound awful!! I hope you get better soon....I haven't been sick in ages (touch wood)...Not looking forward to it. I hope Ryan sleeps better for you tonight!!

Kim: Well done for getting all those things done!! I am still struggling to keep up with everything, especially lately as Jayden has been a shocking sleeper. Big W had sleeping bags for about $20 but I think that was just over winter....They had paddington bear ones on clearance for $2 a couple of months ago....They had no boy ones in Jayden's size but had heaps of girl ones, I bought one for my niece....I'll let you know next time I go if they have summer ones.

Vic: Enjoy the rest of your night....good job getting all 4 kids to bed by 8.30!!

Sheree: That is great that Lachie is feeding better.....even though he drank less today, things sound like they are still looking up! When are you in town next?

Jodie: I have taken a heap of photos too for Jayden's 6mths.....This weekend alone I have taken around 250 photos....(not just of Jayden but most of them are hehe).

Sorry for the lack of personals.....there is too much to catch up on and I can't be on here all night....WAY too tired!! Who was talking about DTD not long ago or lack of it?? I am so embarrassed to say that Chris and I DTD for 1st time in 9mths about 2 weeks ago!!! Not because I didn't want to either!!

Jayden is still waking up for a feed at night only now its 2am and he wakes again at 4.30/5am and I have to rock him to sleep. I get up around 4 or 5 times a night but a few of those he goes back to sleep quickly or just wants the dummy back in. So between work, Jayden and the house I am buggered beyond belief lately.....I nearly fell asleep at work today only the phone snapped me out of it!!

I don't think I mentioned it but Chris has finished the season at the Sugar mill but has already got another job within the mill which pays heaps better (esp for Bundaberg) so it looks like I can stay part time after all, although Chris wants me to go FT anyway so we get heaps more money hehe greedy boy!! Last season I suggested he take a month or so off and then look for work, but big mistake as he didn't get proper work for the entire 6mths.

Anyway I have typed way more than I intended........Have a good night everyone
    oxoxox
    Last edited by Tannis; November 28th, 2006 at 07:16 AM.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Sara!! I hope everything turns out ok for you!! Positive thoughts!!

Jayden only woke up once last night just before 1am I was up for about half hour with him screaming like he was in pain and VERY upset.....Not sure what was wrong with him. I went to heat up a bottle for him as he was no where near ready for sleep and by the time I got back he was asleep so I didn't give it to him and he slept through til 6am!! So hopefully he is getting better again with his sleep. Has anyone given teir dog formula? Chris told me to give our dogs the bottle I heated up but didn't use but I don't know if its ok for them or not??

Only a half day at work today (2hrs or so) as Jayden has his 6mth check up....I can't wait to see what he is weighing these days!!

Have a good day girls

Morning Ladies,

HAPPY 6 MONTHS SHAUN!!!

Briley crawled a little bit thismorning. Brent got up early with her and let me sleep in for a while. They were laying on the loungeroom floor and she got up on her knees crawled a tiny bit and then rolled onto her back! Won't be long now.

I rang a couple of employment places yesterday too see if i could get any temp work while Brent is home to watch Briley. I rang one place and they had a Gov. contract that came in late friday. It starts next monday and goes to the end of January. I spoke to my sister about watching Briley for me if Brent goes back to work in the mean time and she said it was fine.

So hopefully i'll get that. I am pretty positive as i have a fair bit of gov experience too. I sent my resume off yesterday so i am just waiting for a reply now.

Shazz - Oh you sound horrible you poor darling!! Hope you feel better soon. At least your DH is nice and supportive. It always helps! Have you tried Sedagel for ryans teething??? I use that and bongella on Briley it they work a treat.

Tania - That is great news about Chris getting the new job!! Things seem to be really working out for your guys lately dont they!! I wish they would for us! So what are you going to do?? Are you going to go p/t or stay f/t?? The extra money would be good for xmas time.

Sheree - Sorry to hear that lachie is refusing again. I spse it all has to be done in baby steps. Good luck. I hope all goes back to normal soon.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all well. Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate it.

Feeling yucky again thismorning. Just having a bowl of weetbix and i am feeling like i need to chuck it up!! Sorry if TMI. I am hoping that this is a good sign that i AM pg!!

I have to go back to the Dr tomorrow to get the blood results. I am nervous. I feel like i am pg. But i have no idea what's going on with the pg tests!!!

Not much on around here today as usual. Brent wants to do a spring clean of the house but i just dont have the energy.

Went out to mums for tea lastnight and she sent me home with her assignment for Tafe and wants me to finish it!! I can't even go out to her place anymore with out her wanting me too do em. I am sick of it!! If i dont help her she cracks it at me. Its not just a small assignment either. 1500 words!!! And it has to be completed by thursday. :eek:

Sorry about that.....i just had to vent!!

Anyways....

BBL

Need a hand Sara?? I'm a nerd and could write that in a couple of days. Hope your blood tests are good. I have a 'feeling' that they will though. I think you're having a boy.

Vic my shop only had 000 0000 so I need a 0. Do you reckon you could have a look? Don't care what colour and I'll just deposit the $$ for you.

We had a lovely day today driving around the countryside. Went to the water, and some historic little shops. Bought Darcy this cool dragon for her room. It's really cute. She loved swimming in the rockpools too.
    Had had enough by about 4 this morning and wrapped her....but that's better than nothing.

BBL

afternoon all

well i feel a tad better though i can't hear any thing at all out of my left ear went to the doctor today and am on antibotic so hopefully they will kick in soon

Evening Ladies

Kim - Yeah i'd love a hand if your serious!! A BOY????? I would love that! And i know brent would too. I hope your right and everything is going to be ok. Sounds like you and Darcy had a great day out!!

Vic - Wow your a busy lady then are'nt you!! At least they are a bit older and can help you out a bit hey.

Shazz - Glad to hear your feeling a bit better today. Ear infections are the worst!!

Mum just rang to see what the results came back as. She thought i was getting them back today. She said...."So???? What did the results say???" I was like what results?? And she reckons the ones from your little bloody test. She said it real smarta** like too. I said why are you acting like its a bad thing?? She said i am not but you's can't afford it. I said well we will have too won't we.

I know its not the best timing but we honestly did'nt think that we were going to be in this position. I know its going to be hard. But those are the facts. Brent will get a job soon. Its a whole lot easier for men to find work than women.

We rang around a heap of places today and got him registered with a few labour hire companies so it's all a bit waiting game now. The guy i sent my resume to yesterday called me and said he recieved it and i will find out tomorrow wether i got the job. Mum also said there was a maternity releif job at her work coming up. The lady is due to have her baby in 3 weeks. So we'll see how it all pans out.

Brent has cooked me a lovely dinner tonight. Baked chicken breast on a spit marintated in Chinese 5 spices served with roast vegies!! Mmmmm Mmmmmm. I am looking forward too it.

Hey Vic size 0 for Lachlan might be too big, his is still only in size 0000 and 000.

Tania - nice to hear from you, I went to town today honey. What does Jayden weigh.

Shazz - glad you are feeling better

Kim - yeah you did well not to wrap her for most of the nite then.

Sara - your blood tests will be fine and I agree with Kim, you are having a boy.

Ohhh I meant to ask the other day, Tania mentioned that is the 3rd one from our thread pregnant, what have I missed, who else is preggas???

Lachlan was better with the bottle today again, so I guess we are just going to be up and down all the time, just I get excited and think yay the tube is getting closer to being gone and then he has a bad day and I get dissapointed easily.

Had to go to centerlink today to apply for a healthcare card for Lachlan, these supplies for tube feeding are going to cost me soon. Lucky enough the brissy and bundy hospitals had given me enough on the sly to make do until now.

Saw my mum off today, my house is spotless again YAY!

Oh and Lachlan is not sleeping well again, but not as bad as when he had that machine running all nite long.
    Last edited by shereejoy; November 28th, 2006 at 07:52 PM.

Ohhh and I forgot to say too cute a dragon kim.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast