Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #16

Morning ladies,

Just thought id pop in before work and say hi.

Nat - Briley is exactly the same at the moment. Everytime she see's me she reaches out for me and sooks. Sometimes i give inn but most of the time i walk away. I dont want her too get used to me picking her up all the time. Is that wrong??

Jodie - Briley falls asleep on her tummy on the play mat all the time now. It must be more comfortable for them. Glad he is sleeping better for you!!

Leanne - What a cheeky little girls!! LOL They make you laugh sometimes dont' they!! Good luck with the sewing!!

Well i am off to get us ready. I am ready just have to feed briley and bath her.

Kim i hope things turned out ok for you lastnight.

Hope you all have a good day....

See you thisarvo!

Morning, just a quick hello before I start my mammoth day. It's drizzling, so the walk is off. Thank goodness for small mercies!! So I have two hours or so before my driving lesson to get some things done.

I hope some teeth show up soon. Kaitlyn did not go to sleep until midnight and was then up at 2, 3, 4 and 6. Far out.

I'm stuffed, but now that I am awake I am awake IYKWIM. Hope she does not pull these tricks when I go ba ck to work full time, I will not survive.

Kim, I really feel for you. Pls let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do for you, ANYTHING....

Anyway, lots to do and less time to do it in.

BBL to see how you are.

Ta. Ta.

Hey I posted last night and its not there. Did it get deleted? I didnt say anything bad :frown:

Alison I didn't delete anything and I don't think any other mods did either. Maybe it was a forum thing that misfunctioned. I know a few of the other girls have lost posts like that?? Sorry hun!

Leanne I'm hoping teeth turn up soon. I mean seriously.... enough already!!! Good luck with your driving lessons today.

Jodie It sounds like things are going wonderfully for you and Shaun. How cute him falling asleep on his mat. Em has done that once and it was sweet. I wish he'd do it more often lol.

Sara Have fun at work today sweety. I wish I could just walk away from him but the whinge turns to crying which then turns into hysterics - I don't know what to do!

Just thought I'd get in and try and keep up to date. Em is just in his highchair chewing on a spoon so I have a few spare seconds! Woke up this morning and thought it was Wednesday LOL - thank god its not. I need the extra day! Got heaps to do today - Christmas Cards, ironing, some work for BB and a few other things.

Oh and Em has started talking! He said Dad at first and now Mum... in fact now he doesn't shut up - its Mum mum this and mum mum that... it driving me crazy!!!

Jodie259 Guest

I did my post at 1.18am and there was no post there at that time... I don't think it would of been deleted. Even if you're really abusive, the mods would just 'edit' it...

One day I did a huge post... and I then hit advanced so I could get some emoticons into it.. and then I hit 'preview post' instead of 'submit reply'. I thought it had posted, so I continued on with my internet surfing... and discovered that I had not submited it - and I lost the whole thing!

I just dropped Shaun off to CC - and before I left the lady called out to me and said "he'll be crawling soon". He is really getting close because he's always pulled his chest and head up - but couldn't work out his legs. Now he gets his right leg bent and underneath him... but the left leg lags a bit. It will definately be before Christmas. He can also sit up by himself and his balance is really good. But there is no sign of any words out of him. He chats to himself sometimes but it makes no sense at all. But he has got a small head (thus a small brain apparantly!)... and he is being spoken to in two languages... so I'm not going to rush him on his speech. There's plenty of time for that!

have a great day girls!

Oh Leanne, thanks heaps. I know you mean it, but I couldn't inflict her on anyone. Grr at the laughing, cute but oh so frustrating! You inspired me the other days and I went to dig out my craft mags, but must've hoiked em in one of my pre Darcy cleanouts. Gees can you pack more into one day? Hope the fires aren't too close. I saw them on the news.

Thanks Jodie, I have sent you an email. You sound very happy. So glad.

Nat - velcro baby - great phrase. Have to remember it. I'm like you with the cards. I have 80 to make. I've done 20 and that's probably where it will stop. Must go to the post office today.

Vic basically awake 4am - difficult to settle. Will only sleep with me.
    Feed 5-6am snooze for an hour
    Feed 9-10, sleep
    feed 12-1 sleep
    awake until 6-7
    Fights and screams for 1-2 hours before is exhausted
    awake after an hour and do it again for 1/2hr
    sleeps til maybe 11, mabe 2 - no pattern feed and settles well (usually she has her moments)
    up at 4
    the days take maybe 20-30mins to settle for sleep.
    She wriggles/writhes and won't lay still. Arches her back. Worse when I walk away.

I might go to the library and have a look for that book. Who's it by?

Sara I try everything you girls suggest....I won't be offended. I'm desperate! I bath at night then feed before bed.

Well it was 40degrees yesterday and today it's 17 duh who can work it out. We had an impromtu mothers group this morning so that was nice. Hope we keep it up.

heres hoping for a better night kim

Afternoon Ladies,

Briley had a good day at FDC today. She went on a visit to another ladies house and that lady looks after a 7 month old so the 2 of them rolled around together and talked their talk!! She slept from 11.20am till 12.40pm then back to sleep again at 1.50pm and woke up when i got there to pick her up at 4.20pm. So she basically slept the day away.

Kim - Well if you want the suggestions i will try and keep them coming!! How are you feeling today?? Tired i spse!!

Vic - Briley had a great time today! While she was awake! LOL

Nat - Briley does the same thing. I just try to ignore her till she really cracks it!!

Leanne - Teeth!!! Who needs em!!

Jodie - Yeh won't be long by the sounds of it!!!

Alison - I hate when that happens!! Its has happened to me on a few occasions!!

Sorry for the short personals. Briley is sooking everytime i walk past her so i have to go and tend too her while brent cooks tea.

BBL

I am so excited tonight, but I don't want to say it out loudcos she'll hear me...

Darcy slept for over 2hours this arvie, and then wanted to go to bed at 7pm, so I cuddled her, put her down, and she's still there! WOOHOO!

I've finished 47 chrissie cards, put the washing away, tidied, eaten hot food... now I'm going to bed early.
    Nite

Hi Girls.....Just a quick update

Sheree and Lachie are back in Brissy at the feeding and sleeping place.....and that cheeky little monkey has been feeding and sleeping perfectly!! Great news for Sheree really but frustrating for her at the same time!!! They are teaching Lachie how to sleep without a dummy so that will save Sheree waking up countless times to put it back in!

Jayden has had the runs since Friday and a temp....we thought it was teething at first but I had him in Emergancy on Sunday with it and they said it looks like a bug brewing! I'm now convinced thats what it is as I have been feeling really off myself and quite a few people I know have had it too. Saturday night I had to get Jayden up to change him as it had soaked through his nappy, pj's, and through both sheets.....last night was the same.

Saturday we had our xmas party which was great (even though I didn't want to go, I'm glad I did) It was the first time I have really drank!! Our bus got bogged trying to turn around in a little side street so we got the eski out and drank til we could leave. Lawn bowls was more fun than I expected (only after a few drinks though) haha although i never knew which end I was meant to be up. Dinner was delicious too. I felt very sick on the way home partly alcohol related and partly this bug I think oh and the bus driver was psycho haha.

I haven't read through all posts....sorry....But Kim, sorry to hear about the PND test!! I know I'm not around much anymore but email me anytime!!

Sara: That is great that Briley enjoys FDC....Jayden loves watching the older kids....he even took a toy off one of the girls today she's 11mths I think (so so cute!!).

Vic: That is gorgeous Dylan getting up to make Adam's bottle!! He'll make a great daddy one day (in the very distant future hehe)

Sorry to those I have missed.....I have to get to bed, I am meant to have an 8am start tomorrow but I think I might stay home and take Jayden to the Dr's. I was falling asleep at my desk today and felt so so sick even though I got 7 hrs sleep last night so I think I need some multi vitamins.

Anyway big hugs to mummies and bubbies!!
    oxoxoxoxox

Morning..... will you look at the time Grrr.
    Well it must be something going on over here. Kaitlyn being unsettled at 2 and 4am in our place until the last few days was unheard of. So I've just pumped her mouth full of Bonjella and she's back asleep. Going to the clinic today so I might ask them. Today's anor busy day, clinic, then SIL and cousin coming with their bubs for lunch and IL's arrive for the big Christmas weekend, and go home on Monday or is it Tuesday. I've been awake since 4am and am now wide awake but I am stuffed. Does that make sense.
    Might go and get started on that ironing and make the most of being up at some stupid time of the day. I guess I should get used to it cause come Feb I'll be getting up at 5.30 every morning.

BBL.

Morning ladies,

Tania - Those pics are great!! Thanks. I LOVE what you wrote on the teddy's shirt. Who did that??

Awww poor Jayden. Hope you both feel better soon. Glad you had a good time at the christmas party. Its great to let your hair down and have some fun once in a while. Shame about the bug hanging round though!!

Kim - YAY!!!!! Take note of EVERYTHING you did yesterday!!! There might be some clue in there as what to do every night!! Hope it continues for you tonight!!!

Leanne - Such a bitter sweet moment hun!! I'm sure you'll be fine today. We always seem to cope even when our eyes our hanging out of our heads!!

Don't mean too rub it in or anything but Briley is sleeping excellent lately. She slept those hours i mentioned in my last post. Then when we got home she wanted to go down again but i would'nt let her. Then she had some dinner lastnight. Had a bath at 8pm as per usual and crashed. I don't think she woke up once during the night either. She has just woken up and its 6.15am. So she is doing so well. TOUCH WOOD!!!!

Off to work and FDC for us today. Feeling very gassy thismorning! Sorry if TMI!

Anyways, Hope you all have a great day.

Kisses and hugs too mummies and bubs!!

Talk tonight....

It happened again, I posted and its not here. There's a conspiracy against me!!!!

Sara, so glad Briley is doing well at FDC and that she is sleeping well for you too. BTW I wasnt on msn last night when you messaged me, it just started up for some reason, Tony was on the computer and didnt tell me til later that you had messaged me. Sorry matey.

Kim, yay at Darcy sleeping well yesterday. How did she go last night?

Leanna, hope you get some answers at the the clinic today.

I had an awful day with Cooper yesterday. He is fussing through his bottles, drinks half and then arches his back and sprays milk out of his mouth. He whinged the entire day. I couldn't do anything but walk around with him. He was so miserable. I put bonjella on his gums every 4 hours, I gave him panadol...nothing worked but being in my arms. Sooooooo frustrating!!! BUT he went to bed at 8pm without a peep and slept til 7:15 this morning, back in bed at 8:30. I think I got up to him once during the night because he was on his tummy and he hates that. I hope he is happier today...DH called me yesterday afternoon and I was on the verge of tears. I hate days like that. Oh and of course, Tony got home from work and Cooper was all smiles...cheeky boy. Come on Sydney....I cant wait to get there!!! Having my mum around will be a big bonus.

Lets hope this post makes it!

Back later ladies...have a nice day.

This is my 1000th post!

Vic spot on! That is the prob. Last night when there was no fuss she had a good sleep. The night wasn't great, but it wasn't as frustrating as normal. I try to get her to snooze in the arvo, but she's pretty resistant. Might drag Cam out for a big walk this afternoon. Usually she will in the pram.

Tania how cool is the teddy?!?! I want one too. Where did you order it from?

Allison - it didn't get deleted - woohoo.

Sara I wanted to answer soemthing you asked but am in advanced mode and can't remember....

Leanne hope you got some ironing done....

I had made great plans for this evening, ironing and make some gingerbread, but Cam brought home more chirssie cards, so it looks like I'll be making some more I might suggest he does the ironing....hmmm that'll happen - when the moon turns pink.

Hi all just popping in to say hi i'm off to finish my chrissy shopping yay .. crowded shopping centre oh what fun ....... BBL then off to my daughters grade 7 graduation dinner

Must be the day for it Shazz. I'm off to do mine after kindergym!

Hope you girls got your shopping done...not to rub it in but...nernerninerner! I'm finished!

Sue the nurse came out today and spoke to Cam this time too. She wanted him to be included and he failed his Edinborough scale too....not as bad as mine, but still. No wonder this house isn't pleasant.
    I've hooked up with Relationships Australia for couples counselling. I think we need it before it gets too bad.
    Hopefully they'll be able to speak with Cam alone too.
    We went for a huge walk today and talked some stuff through. I think we're going to try and sell our unit and just rent for a few years. It's not ideal anymore (Darcy's room is upstairs and ours is down) and it's costing about 2/3 of our pay. Even if we have to save for 10 years, renting is a better option for us ATM. We may not be able to have our paint scheme perfect or pictures where we want, but we'll be able to live a bit too. That is if we can sell and not be in arrears.
    Other than that not much doing today.
    More cards to make BBL....

Vic it's the PND scale. It applies to blokes to. You should see my area health file - just keeps getting thicker and thicker....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast