Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #16

Default Babies Born May 2006 #16

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found HERE

Love

Yay I'm 1st!!!

I'll BBL...gotta get some dinner

Ohhhhhhhhh No fair Tania!!!

I'm never first!! Sneeky little thing!

Sounds yum Sara. We've got NO groceries so I had to drag together a dinner from nothing....ours was ok too. Lucky I've got a penchant for buying tinned tomatoes LOL.

Oh Darcy was just being Darcy at bedtime. She's learned to turn it on. But she doesn't realise she's got a cynical old police lady for a mum who's seen it all and a few tears rarely push my buttons....and yep I'm going 'back on the truck'.

Man there's nothing on tele tonight...might make it an early date with my crossword.
    Nite all.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi There Ladies...

Well I think little miss Phoebe is about to cut her first tooth or two. This afternoon she has been a tad bit grizzly, rosie red cheeks, clear runny nose, slight temp and has some swelling and redness on her gums. She is displaying all the signs that Samuel did. No real dramas from her though. She has been a little bit off her solids, but other than that she is still sleeping beautifully throughout the day and night.

Hopefully I can get back in tomorrow for some personals....if not, enjoy the rest of the weekend girls.

Take Care X

Hi girls - I hope you don't mind me popping in to say a quick hello.

Things are pretty busy here. Now got 6 week's to get my license as I go back to work full time in two months. I've nearly done 10 hours this last week so only 40 to go. Last night I was driving around at 11pm. Kaitlyn slept the whole time which was good.

Things are going okay here, just busy with the 'silly season'.
    Had a bit of a stomach bug this last week, just glad Kaitlyn did not get it. Felt rotten. Had to stay home from my antenatal mummy's dinner.

Bought Katy a jolly jumper yesterday and she was giggling as soon as she went in. I'm so glad my DH talked me into buying it.

I've been trying to read all the posts, so will be back later for personals.

Take care girls.

Alison: OMG! Cooper is tall! Jayden is also now just under the 75th percentile. Did you get your tree up?

Nat: Unfortunately sales like these don’t just get me once!! I was in there yesterday again and bought quite a few things for friends babies and my nieces etc. We must have the most clueless kmart staff up here (which is great for me hehe) I bought my friend’s daughter and my niece a Dorothy top that was $20 ea….He forgot to put one through so instead of 60% off the 2nd item, it was free hehehe

Vic: LOL at Adam’s crawling hehe. One of the kids at Jayden’s day care used to do that on grass as he hated the feel of it, they used to call him a little monkey hehe. That’s good it didn’t take long to find Odie a home and there wasn’t too much fuss with the kids.

Elissa: How did Archie enjoy his first swim? Jayden loves swimming…..We hadn’t been for ages but then last weekend we went 3 days in a row, We are going today too when it warms up. Oh and I thoroughly enjoyed my therapy LOL. Good luck for your move too…I can’t wait to move!!

Jodie: I was looking for that santa outfit at Kmart but they didn’t have it, but I think Jayden has nearly 1 of everything else hehe. I hope Shaun starts to gain some weight for you, least you know why he lost the weight though. Great to hear your better too. I hope your Dad’s op goes well and that he can spend a bit of time with the family on xmas day!!

Sara: That’s great news that the discharge has stopped, I had a lot of cramping with Jayden, so much that I thought I was losing him….but it turned out to be completely normal. Good luck for blood test tomorrow and for your first day at work!! Jayden rolls half way in the bath and always gets his eye under the water…..but he is the same as Briley, it doesn’t worry him at all!! Dinner sounded yummy!!! I got Maccas last night hehe. Did you get your tree up?

Shazz: Xmas carnival sounds good….I don’t know if we have one up here, I don’t think we do but we drive around town looking at all the xmas lights on ppl’s houses

Kim: We always have heaps of tin tomatoes, its one of those things I never know if we have so I buy more…that and Basil LOL

Karen: I hope Phoebe’s teeth don’t cause her too much drama, sounds like she is coping quite well though. Sorry if I have missed it but have you moved house yet?

Leanne: Good luck on getting your licence. The bouncing tigger seat (like jolly jumper) was the best thing I bought I think, Jayden loves it too. I also bought a musical mat to put under it and the look on his face when he realized he was making the noises was priceless!!

Well all I can say is THANK GOD FOR AUTO SAVE!!! I wrote most of this post then went to change Jayden’s nappy and I must have knocked the powercord out and when I came back the laptop was off!!! I thought I lost the post but Word recovered it! Phew! I was meant to be home last night but Jayden wouldn’t let me put him down on the floor to play so I got maccas and went to SIL#2’s house, I ate in peace and Jayden got bathed and fed without me. He wouldn’t let my niece put him to sleep so I had to do that which was fine I love cuddles from my little boy! This morning I had him in bed with us and he was sitting between Chris and I and he was reaching over to give me cuddles and kisses then reached to Chris to do the same…he did it about 5 times, it was so cute!

I put our Christmas tree up yesterday but not all the decorations are on it yet, I also started wrapping presents but Jayden was too clingly to let me finish, hopefully I’ll get it finished today. I want to go to the markets this morning to get some veges, and I think we are going swimming later when Chris gets back from prawning….So hopefully we have a heap of prawns for lunch too hehe.

From working at Bundy Sugar Chris is allowed to spend upto $400 on Rum at cost price, he spent his $400 and used some of someone elses so we have 4 cartons of rum n coke, 1 carton of Rum n dry lime and 6 bottles of rum :eek: Shame I don’t like rum!!! We took a pic of Jayden on top of the cartons with the bottles behind him…I’ll have to update his page soon and put it on there.

Well this post is HUGE!! I better get in the shower and get the markets.

Have a great day

oxoxox

morning girls ryan stayed up all night and is sleeping now so i will get and do the housework and be back later

Morning Girls,

Tania - I would say Send it on up!! But i am not allowed to drink now!!! Rum is my choice of beverage!! Ohh how cute of Jayden giving mummy and daddy kisses!! Briley does that to me here and there. She put her hands on either side of my face and pulls herself towards me and gives me tisses as i call them! Nah have'nt put the tree up yet!! Will get around to it today i think. Brent has'nt been home much lately so its a bit hard to put it up alone. I think its something that should be done as a family anyhow.

Karen - Briley has been like that the last few days too. I keep checking but there is nothing there. I hope it does'nt bother Phoebe too much!!

Leanne - Ofcourse its ok that you dropped in. I am glad you did!

The Jolly Jumpers are great are'nt they! I got lent one buy a friend on mine and Briley absolutely loves it!! She tries to jump so high but the spring stops her. She laughs and bounces so much. Its the cutest thing!

The stomach bugs are doing the round lately. I got over mine last week. It was horrible. Luckily Brent was home for the week too and could look after Briley cause i was in bed most of the time.

Remember how you girls were talking about the My Baby's First Christmas Ornaments???? Well.....Briley's aunty brought her one!!! I could'nt belive it! So now Briley has one too. I will hang it on the tree when i put it up this afternoon! Its very pretty too.

Well a little busy today. Got to get everything ready for the working week!! Need to wash all the clothes, vacumn and mop out, change Briley's sheets, iron and just a general tidy up. Oh and i have to put up the Christmas tree!!!

Hey Ladies,
    I have meet most of you before. Haven't been on this thread before, it's fist time I've noticed it.
    Hope everyones weekend was great. We just got back from Coffs Harbour in NSW met my BIL & SIL and their DS 2 & DD 3 down there, now they are staying with us for a couple of days. It's great, Charlie loves being around other kids, takes it out of her though. They bought up alot of their old toys for her, so that was great.
    She is having a ball with them.
    Going out for Chinese tonight, first time since I stopped BF. Can't wait to get stuck into all that food.
    Had a couple of days of spotting the other day, scarey but mostly stopped now.
    Karen, I hope her teeth don't bother her, I think Charlie teeth might be starting to bother her, she is just biting down on anything she can, and it hurts her sometimes.
    Tania, don't think we will bother with the tree this year, we won't be here for christmas, going to Hawaii, yey yey yey
    Leanne, good luck with the driving.
    Sorry Ladies must be off, BIL and SIL and kids just got back, very busy :eek:

Evening Ladies,

Welcome Mel. Nice to meet you! I see you are expecting #2 in July too. I am due on the 27th July. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Well, its going to be a big day tomorrow. First off i am getting bloods, then the new job, then the Drs to get the blood results!! I am praying that they are good results!!

Got most of what i wanted done today. Except ofcouse the vacuming!! I never get round to that!! I have even nearly finished mums assignment!

Anyways, need to get my beauty sleep!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!

Ni Night!

Hi Girls...

Still a 'no show' on the teething subject. No teething symptoms of any sort today...what's going on. I can't wait for her to get her two teeth down the bottom. They look soooo cute when they get them. I have started to attempt to re-settle Phoebe first, before offering the bottle during the night. Tonight is night No.2 so see how it goes. Last night was relatively easy, so wish me luck (I figure, she sleeps through most nights so can probably do without the night feed now). Put the Chrissy tree up today. I bought Phoebe 'baby's first christmas ornament' (some of you have been talking about), Samuel also got another decoration to add to the tree, a glittery train...he was pretty happy with that. DH went to get all the lights out, that we use to decorate the outside of the house and would you believe it....the mice have eaten through the cords to the fairy lights (which I might add, we only replaced last christmas). Soooo p*ssed off. Everything else has survived the mice, thankfully. We had such a problem with mice a few months back, (beginning of the harvest), the mice even attacked the extension cords to my computer, little buggers.....shame they didn't get an electric shock.

Sara ~ good luck for tomorrow, with the blood results and your new job. Hope everything goes well.

Tania ~ no unfortunately we haven't moved. We have decided to wait until after the christmas/new year period. So looking forward to moving though.

Leanne ~ Great that you bought a jolly jumper....Phoebe loves hers, but isn't as adventurous as Samuel was. Good luck with the driving lessons, you'll get there...I have faith.

I got sooo burnt yesterday, my poor face is in shock. I have put about a tonne of moisturiser on it, hoping that it doesn't peel. We have got DH's work christmas picnic next weekend, so I don't want to look like a freak.

Well I'm just about falling asleep here, I think I might head off to bed.

Good Night Girls X
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; December 3rd, 2006 at 10:26 PM.

Jodie259 Guest

Welcome Mel - Your DD and my son were born on the same day !!! Yay!

Sara... will be thinking of you today. Hope the job is good, and you get good news on your blood test.

Mummy... I'm sure shaun is getting closer to cutting teeth - although I can't see them. He is chewing uncontrollably on everything. Like MORE than he has for the last 3 months! Can you get some pure aloe to put on your face? It should take the heat/redness out - and LOAD UP on the moisturiser - and grab some jojoba oil if you can! But it still might not stop the peeling. Hope it doesn't though. It's not a good look hey!

Leanne... we love the jolly jumper. All the maternal nurses etc. hate them... but the kids love them! It's not like we're leaving them in there for hours on end!

He is so cute... today he was sleeping on his tummy, but he had his hands out the front (clasped) and his head was resting on them. Oh, I wanted to take a photo... but I couldn't.

I'm watching Oprah just now... and they are going to have Kirsty Ally in her bikini. She has done so well.... but that bikini doesn't do her a lot of justice! Shows just a bit too much.

And tonight NIP/TUCK returns!!! (damn, it's at the same time as Biggest Loser).

wow you guys have been quiet today bi hi and i'll be back later to catch up

Afternoon Girls....

I agree Shazz, it is very quiet in here. I wonder if it means everybody else has a life, but me..(lol).

Jodie ~ no definately isn't a great look, but today it is much better. It's my own fault, i should really be a bit more careful, I certainly don't want to look old before my time. (lol)

Sara ~ Hoping you have good news today, how has your first day gone at your new job??

Evening ladies,

Just quickly the news today was EXCELLENT!!! My levels have gone right up too over 3000. I am sooo happy.

Anyways i have to give Briley a bath and that...

BBS for personals

WTG Sara i am so happy for you guys

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast