Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #2

Cool

Thanks for the hugs Girls i think we all need them atm
    hope you are well and your bubbies are be well behaved little angels

Quote Originally Posted by scrappyfish

Now Shazz, I've been thinking about your last post a lot over the last couple of days. I don't mean to sound like a stalker, but could you email me your postal address? Don't have to if you don't want to, but I'd like to send some tangible support in the mail. Please?
    Hmm you have me intriuged (sp) though i am feeling a lot better i never thought i would stress this much third time round but i think i am worse now then ever before i feel like i am standing on the edge of a cliff tettering on the edge which way will i fall is anyones guess at this point but i am taking every day as it comes instead of stressing what tomorrow will bring Eg how much sleep will he have and what will i get done and how much sleep will i actually get ids he getting enough B/Milk should i put him on a bottle arrrrgh i can send myself mental in under 60 sec woe is me

I popped in to tell Kellee that WW may have to wait til next week as I just finished a half a block of choccie (yes Cameron's at work), but...

Shazz, you just typed exactly what I was feeling not too long ago. You are adopting the right attitude with "each day is a new day" - it doesn't matter what happened yesterday, or what's going to happen tomorrow, cos you are so tired only this miunte actually matters. Don't be intrigued, I just want to send you something in the post. I like it when stuff comes to me, and it's a bit more real that a chat board IYKWIM?

Kim ~ So glad to hear that things are going well with Darcy. Even better to know that you are doing things your way and your comfortable with it! Its good that she is getting more content by herself. I think the biggest thing to remember is that every baby is different and will respond to different things – everyone always says that but you realise how true it is once you have one of your own. I used a basic zinc and castor oil cream on Em’s nappy rash. I had all of the others in samples but the Dr recommended this one as Em’s poor little bum was bleeding and this one would probably sting the less. I just changed his nappy frequently and slathered the stuff on – I was probably over board LMAO but it cleared up quick enough! Just read that the nappy rash looks like thrush lol…

Vic ~ Glad to hear the company kind of did something about it but annoying that it wasn’t resolved in the end. I’m just waiting for Em to have a bad night lol – he seriously can’t be this good ALL the time lol. Your business sounds really interesting. It must be great bein able to work from home. And lmao @ Hayley with the pegs & M&M’s. that’s too cute!!

Shazz ~ You poor thing. It can only get better right? Taking it one day at a time sounds like the best way. That is all I’m trying to do. Sometimes our minds just take over and its so hard to stop yourself stressing & worrying!!! Its even worse when you’re over tired!!

Kellee ~ It’s a never ending circle isn’t it. Just as I finish the washing and then iron it… the washing basket is full again – argh! I can’t wait for the embarrassing story and picture time as he grows up LOL. I swear the first serious girlfriend he brings home for dinner I’m going to drown her in baby stuff LMAO… just to see his face! It would be a classic! OMG Em has projectile vomited too from the over feeding stuff. He was hungry so I kept going LOL… it certainly doesn’t make you a shocking mother. I think you’re super! Sounds like your GP is like mine – he said the commercial ones were fine but good old fashion stuff did the trick without all the crap in it IYKWIM!!!

Mummy4Life ~ I hope everything goes ok with your pelvic u/s. I hope that everything turns out alright. You know that if you ever need any help during the day or just need some company I’ll be there! I haven’t missed bein PG yet though I found myself getting clucky again today strangely enough – Em’s only 5 weeks old lol!

UPDATE ON SHEREE ~ Had a chat with Sheree on MSN this morning and she said if she didn’t get a chance to post for me to let you know what is going on. Lachlan had his circumcision last Friday and is now all swollen down stairs which the poor little man isn’t liking. He also has conjunctivitis and has been diagnosed with reflux. So he’s a little clingy at the moment and comfort feeding which is taking its toll on her. After 2 weeks of profuse bleeding from her wound (had to have a maternity pad on it!) she finally saw her gyno who told her that the stitches had reacted badly with her skin so he cut them and things have been heaps better since. The midwives still insist that it was a haematoma and the biggest one they have ever seen at that! Either way it was bad but its getting better.

This is a ridiculously large post & I haven’t even updated you girls on me yet LOL. Went for our first walk yesterday and it was freezing lol. And prams are hard work hehe – it def made the walk more effective lol. I’ve got more & more smiles out of him too which has been great!!! Em is still sleeping great only woke once last night – we’ll hold a slumber party soon hehe. Today we went to our first mothers group meeting and it was great to meet other mothers in the same area. I was really starting to feel isolated and today helped. The girls even invited me along to a Learning Ladder Get Together. It’s like a Tupperware party but with educational toys and stuff. It looks really interesting. Then this afternoon I went and met a fellow BB’er for coffee for a few hours which again was great. So we’ve had a really good few days. And I’ve got lots to do over the next few days as well. Now that things seem to be settling down I’m going to attempt to do some scrapbooking and organize albums etc… we’ll see how we go lol. I think that’s enough hehe. Will chat again soon!

Kellee Guest

Hello all,

Mummy4Life – gosh, I hope everything is ok with you. That sounds a bit scary, but I’m sure everything will work out ok in the end. I hope it’s not causing you too much discomfort at the moment and that it all gets figured out soon. Glad to hear that Phoebe is doing well – wow, six weeks already! My goodness how time flies.

Vic – Bugger that store. It isn’t the one I was thinking of, but I certainly won’t be going there myself now that you’ve told us about that. I’ll try that thing with the pegs, but I think Charlie will just want to have those pegs together with the other ones too! Oh well.

Kim – hope you’re doing well with your gorgeous little girl. Had to laugh at the 60 stirs of the cup of tea – wouldn’t it be cold by the time you drink it? LOL BTW, Mmm, choccie… I’m jealous!

Shazz – I’m so sorry you’re still feeling a bit crappy. The things you’re worrying about are things that we all worry about – I can relate to the b/milk thing too. If you’re feeling bad about stuff all the time maybe you could speak to someone? They might be able to give you some strategies to help. I’m sorry – it’s the bloody advice giver in me, but I just want to tell you some magic cure to make you feel better. Please PM me or email me anytime if you need to chat about anything. Big hugs to you.

Lea – poor Em’s bottom! That sounds so painful. I’m glad it cleared up quickly. Glad you went for a walk too – you’ll find you’ll build up your arm muscles and look gorgeous even more quickly when you walk with a pram! Good on you for going to mother’s group too. I have been meaning to go to one but they scare me – I’m not so good at meeting new people and I would worry about the potential *****iness (e.g., my child is doing this or that better than your child) and I wouldn’t be able to deal with that. DAMN that we all live so far away! Hope you enjoy the Learning Ladder party – I went to one about a year ago and they’re great.

Sheree – you poor thing. I’m glad that it’s all getting sorted out now though. I had been thinking about you but I didn’t want to bombard you with sms messages! Big hugs to you and I hope you and Lachlan are feeling better soon.

DH has an SDO today, which is nice. Just as well because we were up for a while last night with Toby because he had terrible wind pain. Thank goodness both our boys let us sleep in until 9 am though, so at least we feel somewhat human. Just going to take it easy today. Toby has been having a bit more trouble settling lately, so I’m not sure what’s wrong. He’s ok at night (except when there’s something wrong) but he is unsettled again this morning – we just got him up after quite a while of trying to put him to sleep. Hopefully he goes back to his normal self soon. Went for our first walk on Tuesday but it rained and I had to get a lift back home or the kids would have got soaked. Also went for our first shopping trip yesterday – I learned a valuable lesson which was that we will only be going to ONE place per day. We went to two different shopping centres and it was just too much. Tomorrow, if it’s not raining, we might take a trip on the train into town to have lunch with DH. Then it’s the weekend… yay! What has everyone got planned? We’re having a relaxing Saturday and then DH has a concert at Maleny on Sunday. Just trying to take one day at a time at this stage – if I think too much about what I have to do this week or next week I get too stressed! I’m down to 12 kg above goal weight, so hopefully by the time I go to WW to get weighed it’s only 10. I should lose it pretty fast if I’m able to exercise like I used to – fingers crossed! BIL came over with sticky date pudding and croissants on the weekend and I had an apple instead, so that’s a good start! Is anyone else who is b/f finding that they’re hungry all the time? If so, what snacks do you have that fill you up that aren’t too bad for you?

Wow, sorry, I know that this post is a bit of a mish mash, but I just wrote things as I remembered them because I haven’t got much time to post! Hope you all have a lovely Thursday and I’ll chat to you again soon.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Afternoon Girls,

Thank you all so much for your support, it means a lot. I just hate the waiting game. I just want to know what is going on and get it fixed!!!

Lea ~ Great to hear that Em is doing well with his night sleeping. It's it just wonderful when they start to smile back and there little faces just light up. It's soooo cute. Glad to hear your first mother's meeting went good. So are they all mainly first time mums? I should really try and get out and about a bit more, but some days when I have to go out it is noon by the time we get out the door (lol). Prams can be a bit tricky to get use to, particularly if they are those 3 wheeler things.

Kellee ~ Yes I too find I get hungry all the time, most of the time a grab for the first thing I can find. I had such a sweet tooth when I was pregnant and thought that it would go away after having Phoebe....BUT it didn't and I crave sweet stuff all the time.....which probaby isn't a very good thing.

Never ~ Woooooow!!! 1kg in 3 weeks, I thought my little one was putting on alot of weight....Phoebe has put on almost a kg in 6 weeks. It's great when you don't have to worry about their weight gain. Her birth weight was 7lb 13 1/2 oz and now she is more than 9lb. And she feels it too!!!

Babydreams ~ I agree with Scrappy 'each day is a new day', it doesn't matter what happened yesterday...that sounds like quite a good motto to go by.
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; June 22nd, 2006 at 01:28 PM.

Kellee ~ I'd never heard of the parties until yesterday so hopefully it will good. I was real nervous about going but it was doing my head in being alone all day! It was good because the community midwives run it and they are the ones that do the care after you leave hospital. So they were very good at bringing everyone in and getting them to interact. It was also nice to see a familar face IYKWIM. The potential *****iness didn't even occur to me... I hope there is none LOL.Glad you got out for your first walk - you're doing better then me! Great to hear you've only got 12 kgs to go as well. We will all be your cheer squad. I've only got 4 kgs that I want to lose but it is mostly toning around the hips and stomach so I think it will take AGES to shift. I should get my arse back to the gym!!! I've still got a few aqua visits left on my pass actually. I should start using them soon. I should also start doing sit ups again.... I've read that things like dried fruit, pretzels etc are handy to have sitting there but I'm sure the other girls have better suggestions!

Mummy4Life ~ I'm so happy that he's smiling - you would have thought I'd won the lotto... I'm an extremely gushy mum LOL. And OMG you need a licence for those damn prams. I swear people know I have a newborn before they even see Em because they see the way I drive the pram and just know that I'm new at it LOL!! There were 2 other first time mums with 8 week olds, one other first time pregnant mum with a 6 month old, two first time mums with an 11 month old and another mum with a 13 month old and an 8 week old! It runs from 10 - 12 but we were there to 1 LOL. They were all really nice and a few of them rocked up all rushed and frazzled LOL so it was a comfortable atmosphere - not like you have to be dressed up with perfect kids IYKWIM. The midwifes like to play with the kids too so it gives you a chance to have a drink and be without a child attached to you for a few minutes!

Vic ~ A religious mothers group wouldn't have been for me either. I feel terrible - I haven't had Em weighed in 2 weeks. I should really go and get it done. But I run out of time each day. He has his 6 week check up next week so he'll be weighed then if I can't get it done before!

Well I better go and have a shower... and start to work out what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. So much to do but not sure what I will do today and what I will do tomorrow!

BBL

Kellee Guest

Vic – I reckon you, Shazz and I should definitely catch up sometime – you two live the closest to me – and make our own mother’s group! It’s such a pain we all live so far apart. Do your kids have many other kids to play with? My Mum keeps hounding me to take Charlie because we only know one other boy close to his age and we don’t get to see him very often, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I know of a church one close to me but I think I feel the same – I’m not very religious and I would probably get into an argument with them! Yay for Adam putting on weight too… are your other kids ‘big for their age’? Is DH tall? I think Toby will be big too – his 0000 clothes are too small for him already and he put on 500g since he left hospital. DH is 6 foot tall so I suppose that might have something to do with it.

Mummy4Life – That’s great that Phoebe is putting on weight so well. It’s amazing how you can tell just by picking them up that they’re putting on weight. I’ve done my back a bit and carrying Toby around for too long is a killer! I tried using the Baby Bjorn but I think I’ll do myself some serious damage if I use it, which is a shame because I love having Toby so close to me. I meant to say, too, that I just love your kids’ names, even their middle names. Samuel and Noah were on my list for Toby, and Phoebe was on my list if we had a girl (not that I ever got to think about girl’s names much!).

Doing lots of washing here. I decided to forego my sleep (both boys are sleeping now) to catch up on some housework, so I’ll probably pop back on here on and off until they wake up. I’m trying to put away the mountain of paperwork that stacked up near our phone and on our kitchen table too – I had to throw out a whole garbage bag full of stuff! I’m such a procrastinator…

Well I'm sitting here doing my thank you cards and popping a pic of Phoebe inside as well....I am so slack and I guess I too am a terrible procrastinator. I thought I better get on it otherwise family and friends would be receiving them in with her 1st birthday invitations LOL.

I suppose I better go and hang out the load of washing that has been finished and sitting in the machine for the past hour...

Hope everyone is well.....Take Care X

LOL guys you sound better then me. I only just got dressed!! I had been planning to do so much today as well! I'll have to do it tomorrow lol.

Nice new ticker Kellee!!! Good work with having both boys asleep at the same time as well.

Ohhh you sound so organized Mummy4Life! Thank you cards... that's excellent!

Well I was going to go out but I'm going to leave that for tomorrow. Instead I think I might organize my BIRs - ohhhh so much fun lol! I've been meaning to do it so I can lend a friend my maternity gear. I guess I better get to it!!! before the day completely disppears!!

Oooooh vic that's a great idea!!! Here's mine:

1. name, age and family stats.
    Natalea - 22 & Gordon - 29, Emerson Paul

2. how did you come up with bubs name
    I chose Emma for a girl and Gordon suggested Emerson for a boy (because it sounds like MSN which we used to chat alot on LOL) and we called bubs Little Em until we found out whether it was a boy or a girl

3. do you have family close by
    My mum & step-dad live 5 mins away, my dad & step-mum live about 40 mins away with my bro & sis, the rest of my bro & sis live within 15 mins of me! Gordon's parents live about 10 mins away, his brother the same and his sister an hour or so away.

4. how many kids do you plan to have
    Hmmm.... not sure. I wouldn't rule out just having Emerson but I wouldn't rule out having a soccer team either LOL. I s'pose I would love a girl now! I'm already getting sad that Em is going to grow and not be a baby soon enough!

5. are you BF or FF
    Started BF but now FF

6. do you use cloth or disposable nappies
    Disposable... I didn't even attempt cloth LOL

AND how about...

7. What do you/did you do for a living?
    I was officially an admin assistant for the IT department of a winery. I dealt with general admin stuff, wholesaler data (urgh), product set up & the Telstra billing system for the company (Australia wide and over seas). A job that required me to be flexible and multitask!

Maybe just edit your response Vic and add in the last question with your answer!

ETA In my excitement I forgot to add that Em slept from 1till 8.30 this morning. I've got my fingers crossed that we're settling into some sort of routine! I bought him into bed this morning for his feed (darn cold here LOL) and we both dozed off afterwards. His gurgling woke me up and I leant up to look at him and he just beamed at me!! So cute!! Other then that not much happening - oh I got up with DP to watch the soccer this morning! It was very exciting considering before the world cup I'd never watched a game of soccer. I think it's just an australian loyalty thing - its great to see the Socceroos do so well!!!

BBL

Karen 29, DH Darren 39, Samuel 2yrs 8mths, Phoebe 6 1/2 Weeks. Together for 9 yrs, married for 5 yrs.

(Phoebe) Really don't have any idea, DH and I came up with it when Samuel was just a few months old, but really can't remember (although DH is a big fan of Charmed, that is possibly where it came from)....(Belle) from a scrapbooking mag

My parents and older brother live close by, DH sisters live close to the city (1hr drive), FIL Whyalla and MIL deceased.

I've lucky enough to have one of each and have always said 2 is enough.....BUT????

5. are you BF or FF
    BF Samuel for 5 months and hoping to BF Phoebe a little longer.

definately disposables all the way, very convienent. Same as you Never, I also have enough trouble getting the usual washing done, let alone washing cloth nappies.

7. What do you/did you do for a living?
    Service Assistant for 14 yrs, not fond on the idea of going back so would love to study accountancy next year. My job will be held for me until March 2008 so have plenty of time to decide.

What a great idea for us to all to get to know each other a little better.
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; June 23rd, 2006 at 12:42 PM.

Kellee Guest

Mummy – gee, you’re good, sending out those pics! I figured that this is the one time in my life when I can afford to stop caring so much about others (I’m usually really good with cards and things) and if people can’t understand that I’ve got my hands full with 2 under 2 then they’re idiots! I wish I could be bothered with it, but I can’t. Want to do mine too?

Lea – Yeah, I reckon there’s no point in stressing yourself out by venturing out into the real world unless you’re in the right frame of mind, otherwise if things go pear shaped you go crazy! BTW, what’s BIRs? Well done Em on the sleeping! I really hope that this thing continues, but don’t be too disappointed if it suddenly stops, or if he has a bad week or so and then finds something new. They change their minds all the time. Little buggers!

Vic – bored? At home with kids? NEVER! LOL Yeah, I reckon housework can wait too. I have both kids asleep at the same time at the moment and I should be either a) sleeping or b) doing washing up/washing/cleaning bathroom and toilet etc, but I just need to spend a few minutes on here interacting with the outside world or I might just go nuts! In regards to your questions… although you probably know all the answers already…

1. Name, age and family stats – Kellee (25), DH – Tom (29) (we’ve been together for 7 years and married for 4 ½), DS – Charlie (22 months), DS – Toby (2 weeks today!)
    2. How did you come up with bubs name? – we didn’t have a name picked out for ages, just some that Tom liked and some that I liked, but nothing we both loved. I just went through the name book and wrote down all the ones that we liked separately. When a friend went through them about 2 weeks before Toby was born she said, “Wow, I REALLY like Toby for a name”. Tom said “So do I”, which was VERY annoying because he had previously said that he didn’t like it (although he denies that!). When he was born, I asked Tom what he thought we should call him and he said “I like Toby”. I said “So do I”. And that was that.
    3. Do you have family close by? – yes, both sets of parents live 10-15 minutes away. Mum comes around and visits almost every weekday (her and Dad own a business about 2 minutes away from my place).
    4. How many kids do you plan to have? – I would love one more, but it will have to wait a few years. Tom has been sacrificing his career (we are both musicians) for his ‘day job’ since we got married to help us do the family thing, so when Toby is about 1 I will go back to work and Tom will be a SAHD. Hopefully by the time Charlie starts school we’ll be in a position to try again.
    5. Are you BF or FF? – BF I bf Charlie until he was 13 months old – I went away on tour for three weeks and expressed to keep my supply up (I found out I was pg on tour) but when I got back I tried to give Charlie a feed and he LAUGHED at me! I guess he was trying to tell me something…
    6. Cloth or disposable? – disposable. Will probably use a combination with Toby once he’s on solids (if I’m not to tired to wash them all!).
    7. What do you do for a living? – I’m a musician. I have a Bachelor of Music (Jazz Piano) from the Conservatorium and I’m ALMOST (one subject left) finished a Post-Grad Education Degree which will enable me to teach both primary and high school music. I’m also a freelance musician, and I mainly do jazz and blues gigs around town with vocalists, as well as a few corporate functions from time to time. I’m feeling a bit like a non-musician at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll get back into gigging again soon. I did my first gig after Charlie was born when he was 8 weeks old, and I reckon I could gig again now if I had to.

Well, I took the kids out for the first time just the three of us today. Luckily Toby slept the whole time (we were doing the shopping) and Charlie was well behaved. He usually is, actually, and he’s usually really good when we do the shopping, but he really hates it when Toby cries and he starts screaming too. They’ve both been great today, which is good timing because it’s the first day that I’m really and truly on my own. Mum usually comes over for a few hours in the middle of the day to help out and help put Charlie to bed, but I did it all on my own today and, even though it sounds a bit dumb, I’m really proud of myself! I needed to have a situation where I was forced to cope on my own to really test how I was going, and I feel pretty good about it all now. I’m back into cooking again too – I had just been relying on freezer meals that I prepared before Toby was born up until now – and I love it. I’m a bit of a kitchen fiend and I hate it when I don’t get to create something fabulous to eat.

Anyway, I’m babbling. I really should go and put the washing in the dryer – I’m not even bothering to hang it out because I can’t be stuffed, and it’s been raining on and off all day. This wasn’t such a problem before Toby came along! Might BBL. Hope you’re all well.

love it heres mine

Sharon 31,Trevor 35, we have been together 16 years and married 12 years ,sheridan 11 nick 8 ryan 9 weeks

i wrote down all the names i liked and i finally got to have a say in naming one of my kids hooray!!!!

yep all of my rellies live within 15 mins

3 is our limit

5. are you BF or FF
    BF for now hopefully i wll be able to continue at least to he is 6 months

both cloth at home and disposable when we are out

7. What do you do fora living ?
    SAHM right now but before having Ryan i was a aged care nurse and studying diversional therapy

Nat, you are a champoin for getting Em to sleep that long! Well done! - and who cares if stuff doesn't get done? I used to, but I don't get time like this again - ever.

Vic, Darc and Adam have been on the same drugs cos she's put on about that as well! Her dad is also 6'2" and a unit! Only problem is is that is family is all (every last one of them) morbidly obese, so I'm a bit paranoid.

Kell, it isn't dumb to be proud of that. Every day I get through I'm proud of.

Sheree honey - OMG, you poor love!! Hope all is settling a bit better. Have been thinking of you.

Mummy4life, I just finished my thankyous too. I needed to do something creative as an outlet. I only did it for about 10 minutes most nights and I eneded up hand making over 40 cards. I'm pretty proud of myself....now if I could just find some creative juice for my scrapbooks....

Vic good idea. I have wanted to ask for ages, but being new to the boards didn't know if it was rude or not..

Kim 28 and Cameron 31, Darcy 6wks and 3 days. We were married in October 2004 after meeting at work at the end of 2002.
    We couldn't agree on any! Had to be short and not have any L's or end in s. Not my first choice but Cam loves it, so after what I went through I get my first choice for our next daughter.
    Inlaws - too close, my family - 20minutes away.
    4. how many kids do you plan to havewe had planned for 4, but we might just see how we travel with this one....5. are you BF or FF
    BF - after expressing for 3 weeks after nipple issues she fially learnt and is now great with it. Very very glad I persisted - never thought I would want to and enjoy it so much.

disposable - my washing sits in the machine for way more than an hour!!!
    7. Occupation
    Constable - due to return in March 2007, second job (first love and trade) nursing - will I go back? not without retraining (may even consider midwifery in the future)

As for the nappy rash, turns out it is dermatitis. I have psoriasis, and the poor little buggar just had a reaction where the wee is. Of to the chemist we go for some cortisone cream.
    Darcy also managed an 8 hour sleep last night - and that would be because she doesn't do more than cat nap during the day. However it was from the 5pm feed until 2am so we just need to shift it forward a few hours and I'll be laughing....

On my own again this weekend...

Scrappy ~ Wooooow!!!! hand made 40 cards.....you should be proud of yourself, I would be if it was me. As for scrapbooking, I'm out of ideas for pages. I have so many pics of Phoebe, plus a heap of journal entries from when I was pregnant to put into her album and I just can't seem to get happening on it. A heap of stuff arrived today, that I bought on Ebay, maybe that will help.

Lea ~ Great stuff with Em having such a long sleep...you must be really pleased.

Well that's it for me tonight, going to try and have an early one.....Good Night Girls X

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been around lately but have just caught up on everyone. Glad to see we are all doing well with the new bubs. Sorry, but there was way too much for me to do personals this time, but I will be better from now on I promise .

I will try and post regularly from now on. My mum was down for 2 weeks so that kept me away from the internet, and now my network cable for my laptop has died so I have to share DH's computer with him. (we are both computer hogs so I am not sure how we will go sharing)

Hope to catch up with you all soon. Everything is great here, Cooper is doing very well and I am loving motherhood. We are about to go shopping, just waiting for him to wake up.

Alison, 32 (33 next Wed) Tony 34, Cooper almost 5 weeks
    I actually liked the name Cooper for many years and mentioned it to Tony one day and he said he had always liked it too, so we had it picked for a while before we were even trying to conceive.
    My family live in Sydney, Tony has a brother close by and an aunty and uncle, his sister is about an hour away.
    We are hoping to have 2.
    5. are you BF or FF
    Cooper never learnt to attach. We had many consultants try and help us but I decided to give up trying this week. I am expressing as often and as much as I can at the moment and topping him up with formula. So its a bit of a mixture.
    Oh I was so convinced I was going to use cloth nappies, but I am all for disposables. I dont want to waste precious time in the laundry, there are far better things to do like SLEEP!!!!
    7. occupation
    Primary school teacher, but taking the rest of this year off, and still unsure if I will return next year.

Catch you all later,
    Last edited by delta_blue; June 24th, 2006 at 06:35 PM.

I am the same as you Alison, had too many people here to keep up and my recovery hasn't been as it should have been either.

Hi to all the lovely mummies, sorry I have not been around much and sorry I have not replied to any of your posts, I miss you all sooooooo much...........................

I am not down or miserable, but just don't have the time nor the energy to post. I read and then want 2 post but then when I know I cant reply 2 everyones post I kinda feel selfish 2 just post about ourselves. So I don’t.

I am having problems with Lachie and Reflux (thanks for the post Nat to update everyone). Lachie always has puked alot and always gathered he was just getting rid of what he didn't need, seeing as his weight gain has been super. This puking has never really bothered him until recently, now after every feed he is in pain and looking to comfort feed for the pain and very frequently (Dummy is a godsent in this situation now and I never wanted to give him one - boy how your attitude changes). At the child health clinic the other day we were diagnosed and are now on medication. The medication is Omeprazole. Anyway this pain happens more often then not, but then yes we have good feeds too! I spoke to a Tresillian Nurse on MSN messenger and she said Reflux is so overdiagnosed, so I am really confused. She said a baby only needs to be fed every 3-4 hours no sooner and must sleep at least 2 hours each stint during the day with a pattern of Feed/Awake/Sleep (which I am struggeling with). She said my baby is overtired, so I am just going with what works at present, as he will only sleep long stints after a feed. Even with me doing part of what she said with the feeding, it has only slightly improved but then that could be the medication too, starting to work. Another sign of reflux is their poos apparently. Lachie's are explosive (and he has pain), really watery with that yellowy/brown colouring but with chunks of green and particles of black. The child health nurse watched us feed and said the simple fact that I had only fed him an hour before and he was furiously climbing up my body indicated reflux and the unsettledness after a feed. I just want to help him as I know he struggles and I hate to see him in pain.

He has also had conjunctivitis, cause naughty mummy poked him in the eye when he was thrusting himself around after a feed when screaming. And we got him circumcised a week and 1 day ago. So he is having a rather rough trot!

Other then all this he is such a good baby, and get anywhere from 3-5 hours between feeds at night, but more towards the 4-5 of late, we wake up with him at least 3 times a night, which I guess is good for a newborn, but boy am I tired, by the time you take an hour out of that each time to change nap nap, feed and nurse to sleep. Can't wait till this initial part is over to be honest is that naughty of me to say? Also find he won't sleep past 6-7am which I am really struggeling with especially after having such broken sleep. Gosh and I complained when I was pregnant with broken sleep, that doesn't even compare!!!!

As for me well only just starting 2 feel a little better. My profuse bleeding from the wound has nearly stopped after 3 weeks, thank god. This really got me down as any normal person would wonder how normal that could be bleeding like that from a wound. I was saturating my clothes constantly and only found some relief by putting a maternity pad there seeing as they are really absorbant, those dressings just don't work! Anyway after just seeing the hospital out here where I live, they said it was a haematoma (blood clot), under the skin, and they contacted my gyno and he suggested they put me on antibiotics to stop infection. He fobbed me off for two weeks and finally saw me and said lets see this illustrious bleeding that you and this doctor have explained. Like I was telling a fib, I tell ya, as if I wasn't upset enough! Anyway he saw it and said mmmm… interesting, and said that my skin had reacted badly to the stitches. So he cut them and ever since the bleeding has subsided. But as the child health nurse said, well it might have been that too, but I saw you 2 weeks ago and it was definitely a haematoma back then, and the biggest one I have ever seen. So guess it was a combination of the 2. No wonder I was not healing as I thought I should be. So hopefully finally on the mend now, only it is stinging down there now and I am not sure if it is cause there are no stitches, or the fact my pubic hairs have grown so long they are irritating it! I don't know I can't see I have this huge flabby bulge lol.

Wish I could be around more often, but it is hard and I guess it hasn't helped that I have had my mum here for 3 weeks from the birth and then we went away for a week and then wade has been home for a week and then my sister is coming this week. Had no time alone at all.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying your bubba's. I am not sure how active I will be on the forum until I am feeling a lot better.

Love and kisses
    Sheree and Lachlan
    xoxo

Jess 30, James 23(24 next wednesday), Jack (10), Kate (7), Timothy (5), Elizabeth (3), Isabella (15 months) and Patrick (4 weeks and 3 days)
    I have chosen all the kids names just because I like them. Patricks name was sentimental because my cousins name is Patrick and James was after hubby.
    We live with my Aunts, my Parents are about 2 hrs away, and James parents down in Tassie( thankgod!)
    This is definately it! I have booked myself in for a tubal ligation in August!
    5. are you BF or FF
    Both now! Pat wasn't putting any weight on
    Disposables.
    7. Occupation
    Well, I have been a SAHM for 10 years now, and love every bit of it!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast