Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #21

Morning Girls!!!!

Just online for a little while and thought i would pop in and say hi.

Things are going ok for us. Briley is growing nicely. Still no teeth, crawling or walking. Although i don't think they are too far away. I can feel the tip of a canine tooth coming though and she pulled herself up for the first time the other day. She has been doing some VERY runny poo's lately so i think a few more teeth may be on the horizon.

I am going ok. Had to go to hospital on monday cause i picked up a bug on the weekend and was vomiting for over 24 hours and could'nt keep anyting down. I got up monday morning and felt ok while i was laying there but as soon as i moved i started to vomit again and this time it was blood. I had started to get some pretty painful cramps by this time and decided it was best to go the hospital and get checked out. When i got there i was fast tracked and found to be severly dehydrated with keytones and protien in my urine. So was hooked up to a drip, given some maxalon and panadol and sent on my way. I got a bit of a fright when the nurse came in and asked me if i had any medical conditions and i said i was pregnant and she said yes i picked up on that. She then asked me how many weeks i was and i told her 13 and she oh...your hormones must have dropped. This scared the sh*t out of me cause i thought with the cramps and was getting i was going to lose the baby. But all turned out to be ok.

Other than that things are pretty uneventful. I think i can feel the baby kick sometimes but i am not too sure. I think to myself surely it has to be way too soon but it certainly feels like it sometimes. I have been getting a little heartburn again the last week or so. But other than that i am feeling pretty good now. Tiredness is not nearly as bad as it was. I have my moments where i feel really tired and drained but that is usually after a big meal and towards the end of the day.

Brent is going away to the mines to work next week. He scored a job through a friend doing what he is doing now just out in the mines. He will be flying in and out 14 days on 7 off. Its a lot of time to be away from Briley and i but i think the time will be good for him and I cause things have been extremely tense between us lately. He went for his induction for the mine yesterday and the company he is going to be working for just put him straight on their books full-time. I was quite suprised at this but VERY happy all the same. Especially since the going rate for full-time is still $30 an hour!!!! I suppose they have to compinsate for the time that they are away from family with money.

I am not at work today cause the road that i use to get to work is flooded over and i could'nt get through. I am happy and shi**y at the same time cause i like that i can stay home but i need the money. Tomorrow is my last day so hopefull it will be ok to get through then. It has been raining cats and dogs up here for days. We got 240mm of rain from 5pm yesterday to 6am thismorning. Then we got another 80mm in an hour and a half!!! Lots of roads are blocked today. It is worse with the king tides too. So The Big Wet is finally here!! Mums b/f is stuck up north cause all the roads are blocked too!!

I start uni on the 28 of Feb. I am so excited about it all. When my mate michelle had her baby a couple of weeks ago, i just wanted to be with her constantly helping her through the labour and birth. When Rian came i just wanted to be there more to help her out with him. I went in one day and the midwife was helping Michelle bath Rian. Just watching her help Michelle just sealed the deal for me. I knew then and there that mifwifery was what i wanted to do. I have never felt such as feeling of assurance about something all my life. It was a great feeling. I know it's going to be a long time before i get to that stage but things don't happen over night do they!!!

Anyhoo......this has turned into a MASSIVE post. I am sorry for the lack of personals, there is way too much to catch up on. I have skimmed through them and did notice a few issues with off formula and faulty nappies!!! But other than that everyone seemed to be going well. I am sorry that i have'nt been on lately. Just when i am going ok with my computer and posting here on BB, brent goes and stuff's up the computer!!!! MEN!!!!

I really hope that all is well with you all. Welcome to the couple of newbies!!! I will be back online soon enough and will be able to get to know you a bit better. Give all the babies a big kiss and cuddle from Briley and I. We miss you all so much. Especially me!!!

Don't know how long it will be before i come back online. A couple of days probably. Until then......

Ciao

Ohhhh one more thing.....Nat when do you start your course???? Are you as excited as me???? We'll have to be study buddies!!

XXOO

Hey everyone! Been a bit tired this last couple of days. Guess I'll get used to it, but had DH on the phone Tues night cos the Dragon wouldn't go to sleep. hahaha.

But of course she's pulled the same stunts on me the night in between and last night so all in all I've had about 8hrs sleep since Satuday night - good eh?

I have also (unintentionally) managed to pack so much into this week, I can't believe it.

Sara, great to hear you're OK hun. That must have been awful for you.

Tanya hope you're having a fabo holiday. Enjoy the wedding.

Wow Vic, that's a mammoth effort for CC. Hope you enjoyed your first day today.

Elissa, i have urinary reflux too. Hope he doesn't suffer too much for it.

Jodie you inspired me to email huggies too with mine (don't know why i was keeping them - but lucky I did).

Nat, thanks for the email hon. Have a great time at BDO!

Darcy has finally learnt how to get down once she stands up....halelluja!

Oops didn't realise the time, better get ready for mothers group.

Hey Girls. Im having such a productive day that I actually have time to post during the daylight hours hehe!! We had swimming lessons today and Em must be very tired as he is asleep and has been since 12 LOL. I have done my washing, tidied, written out my shopping list, found a receipt for a pair of shoes I need to return and written a meal plan :eek:. Im just looking for some yummy food for dinner to make Emerson now.

Elissa ~ I have never been to the BDO so Im looking forward to it. Im a bit nervous but it should be great!! Poor little Archie and his U/S do you have the results yet? Are you taking iron supplements?

Sara ~ Great to hear from you sweety! I did see your MSN pop up this morning but you were already gone. I was at swimming lessons so I was actually away for once hehe!! No teeth here for Em either though I swear theyre close (I have been saying that for months!! :P) That is a fantastic job for Brent! So much time away from home but great pay which I know will ease your mind. YAY for finishing up work and starting uni!! How exciting. I have my info session next week, orientation the following and then I start the semester!! Hopefully everything gets sorted soon and youll be back on line more!!

Kim ~ I hope you get some sleep soon sweety!! Enjoy mothers group and YAY for Darcy being able to work out how to sit down from standing!!!

Well the phone just rang and woke Mr Emerson up so I better get a move on. He is sitting in his cot cuddling his teddy LOL - so very cute. I'm not sure how he became so close to that teddy - he even takes it to CC with him and the lady said he cuddles it heaps there as well as trying to crawl around with it - it is almost as big as him LOL. Were having roast for dinner tonight! Or at least we will be if I get the shopping done in time hehe!! Will talk soon.

whats BDO NAt ? i'm having my blonde moment

i took Ryan to the MCHN today he is 9.8 kg clothed OMG no wonder my back kills me when we got home at 9 30 am he went to sleep and woke up at 2 pm geez i hope he sleeps tonight

Big Day Out Shazz!
    Don't worry about Ryan's weight, Riley was 9.4kg a month ago LOL

Green with jealousy Shazz! 4 1/2hours.......

There's a couple of bubbas at mums group who weigh 11kgs :eek:

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU SARA......

There are a couple of big bubbas at our Mother's group!! But they look healthy.

I sit Katy on our scales now and the other day she was 9.1 kg. BUT going from all the meals she gets at school she's going to be putting some on. Today she had spag bol and mashed veggies for lunch. Do you think I should still feed her a proper dinner or some fruit and rice cereal or something light. I am confused now! She also gets morning and afternoon tea and when she starts next week she'll be there for brekky as well. No wonder she does not cry or complain while she is there, she's always eating! I am getting my monies worth that's for sure.
    She crashed as soon as I started the car after our cuppa with the other mummas and bubbas and hopefully she will sleep for a bit before I have to pick DH up from work. I did not realise having a licence would make me so busy!!!

Anyway, might grab a cuppa.
    BBL later tonight.

Kim - great to see you today - missed ya. I wanted to give you a big hug but I thought you might think I strange! LOL.
    Last edited by ~Leanne~; February 1st, 2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: forgot something.

I will have to weigh Riley soon. The FDC lady says she has never seen a baby eat so well!! I said you don't get to this size by refusing food LOL.
    Erin is helping me type and is desperate to put in some smilie faces. She likes looking at all the babies pictures on your tickers. - thats from Erin to the little babies.
    BBL later

Darcy says "Hello Erin!"

Thankyou Kim and Darcy, Erin was very happy with that- i think she'd like a thread for babies born Dec 1999 that she could talk to the other "babies" LOL.
    We went for a walk this evening and feel very virtuous but we are about to ruin it when we pick Jess up from work!!!

I just rang my mum to ask her when I got teeth (Darcy has no sign of any anytime soon). She has everything recorded to the day (I was 7months and 3 days). She's got together my baby book, my imm register, my teeth (she has all the tooth fairy's collections), my hospital ID etc to give to me. Can't wait to have it. My mum's not a hoarder in any way shape or form, so it's kinda cool she has this stuff.

My mum had that for my brother and I too, she had like a "map" of all the teeth and recorded when each one came. Unfortunately I haven't been that good with my kids, I think Jess may have one but thats it.

Talking Thanks!!!

Hello again.

Angela here..I have been meaning to reply and thankyou all for your ideas on introducing lumpier food they were really helpful...This is a fantastic place..Everytime i have had a question there's been someone to answer me ...

Hope your all well
    Angela

Thats Ok Angela, we all have questions at some time so its nice to be able to help someone else. How is your bub going?

Has anyone else's bub done a big routine upheaval lately? Darcy used to be great during the day, no matter what she was like at night, like clockwork with her sleeping and waking times....now though I can't pick anything. Maybe it's cos I left her for the couple of nights.

No, Riley still wakes up every 2 hours regularly every night LOL. Thats one routine I could do without let me tell you.

Thanks Christine! Good to know I'm not the only one who can function on 3 mintues sleep (Shazz is in the club too lol). Some people make me feel like I'm being negligent by not doing something about it. I tried - their solutions didn't work.

Nat: How cute make sure you get pics of Em and G haha. I try to colour co-ordinate what Jayden and I wear and if the 3 of us go out I try and get Chris to wear at least the same colours as Jayden......They both have pink and brown tshirts, they look so cute together. When is BDO? Have you worked out all that wearing?

Jodie: Yes I did mean Cotton on Kids sorry not thinking as usual haha. OMG the inlaws would have been wrapped!! We did it to Chris's family too when we were still living in Melb we went up to Bundy for our niece's 1st bday and Chris's mum nearly had a heart attack I think. I'm looking forward to the hot weather, I only packed 1 jacket and no jumpers, heaps of singlet tops and 3.4 pants. My toes are freezing right now LOL

Sara: Great to hear from you Chic!! How scary for you, good to hear all is ok though. Make sure you take it easy and DON"T DO TOO MUCH!! Make Brent help you out when he is home. Have you got any help for when he is away? Jayden doesn't have any teeth either but like Em, they have been threatening to show for months!! Jayden's latest trick is pulling himself up and reaching over to me to help him walk. He walked down to the water when we were at the beach 2 weeks ago (with mine and SIL help of course).

Kim: My mum never recorded when we got our teeth but she kept the teeth. That is great she has recorded everything, I am trying to but it gets hard sometime cause he will do something when we aren't home or when I am in the middle of doing something and then I forget to write it down later.

Hi Erin!! From Jayden and me oxox

Oops Jayden has just woken up think we might go shopping to today (anyone surprised??) hmm.....where to go though...Northland I think (for those Melb ppl hehe) They had a Pumpkin patch last time I went so I hope its there still hehehe

Hi to everyone I missed.....I should be back before my holiday is through

Cya
    oxoxox

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast