Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #21

Default Babies Born May 2006 #21

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:30 PM.

Jodie259 Guest

OMG - I'm FIRST !!!!!!!!!!

Shazz.... I use Huggies - and I had bought three boxes of them - and I had two or three faulty nappies, where the tab just broke off as I was about to put them on Shaun. There was one from each box, and I may have been a bit strong - but I don't think so. I was annoyed the last time, so I emailed Huggies. There was a bit of an interigation, and as I had thrown away the boxes (by the time the replied) - they asked me to mail them the one nappy that I had kept. (free post). I did that last week... and this morning I had a huge parcel - and Huggies had sent me a packet of 30 nappies and a sincere appology letter!!!! Happy with that.

Shaun is back at occassional day care tomorrow!! woo hoo! I get 5 hours to go to work! I'm actually looking forward to it. I love him to bits, but I want to get my business pumping this year so that I can sell it.

Hope you all have a great day girls!

Hi there.

Just quickly I contacted Karicare today who advised that if formula is out of date the molecules or something in the powder separates and can cause gastro.

You can't smell that the powder is off and bubs can't taste the difference.

So there you go.

Interesting huh.

so what are you going to do complain to someone Leanne thats terrible poor little girl

I was thinking of phoning BOTH woollies and franklins cause I can't remember where I purchased it from.... but my DH says not to bother cause at least we now know why Katy's been off.

Grrr.

I'll speak with my lawyer boss next week when I return to work and see what I can do.
    Last edited by ~Leanne~; January 30th, 2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo typo typo....

Are they going to compensate you for the awful few days Kaitlyn has had????

Are they sorry or anything Leanne???? Is she a bit better today?

Just quickly.

OMG Leanne that is just terrible!! Poor little Katy!!! It'd be hard to complain when you can't remember what store you got it from though :frown:

Jodie That is fantastic about getting an apology letter and Huggies nappies sent to you!!

Will come back and update from the other thread soon. Its dinner time for Emerson!!!

Clare I love the name Malea!! Just gorgeous!!!

Christine How funny that you know Clare LOL!

Kim Awww at you getting upset over Cam feeding Darcy :frown:. I cannot believe shes climbing stairs :eek:.

Vic Your CC, FDC and school stuff has my head spinning!! How on earth do you remember it all!?!? Id forget to pick someone up pmsl!

Elissa I love the new ticker Archie is just gorgeous!!

Jodie I really want to see that movie Pursuit of Happiness. Im getting it on DVD soon .

Leanne I hope you have fun shopping!! My mum just bought me 6 new tops, a pair of pants and some new shoes!! I was so happy LOL!!

Its good to hear that everyone who has gone back to work has settled in and is going well.

We are going well. Em started CC yesterday and I ended up picking him up early as hed had enough. I was upset at the time and more nervous about today but he went really well. Hopefully next week hell do just as good (hes in Monday and Tuesdays).

Em is starting to grow up so much. I swear he looks older since Ive been away!! He is playing ta with me now and OMG the tantrums he has been having!!! He gets so angry. Its cute but Im afraid of whats hes going to be like when hes older LOL. After spending the weekend with G he discovered his bits quite annoying really when you go to change a dirty nappy and all he wants to do is grab them and a handful of $hit at the same time!!! He has also discovered his tongue lol its so cute he sticks it out and plays with it and likes to talk with it sticking out of his mouth.

Oh well this has taken me ages to write! I seem to get nothing done these days!! Im off to read some more threads!

Katy's doing better, and is starting 'cc school' today. I'm dropping her off at 9 and picking her up about 2. Her bag is packed. It feels weird. I hope she does well.

Not taking the formula thing any further, but will be checking from now on if out of date and if I find it happens again heads will roll...!!! LOL

Leanne- hope Katy goes ok at CC. Riley loves the lady he goes too, she obviously really likes him so he is enjoying the attention. the other kids there are all nearly 2 or older and there's no more than 5 altogether so he is always the baby.
    Lea- they grow so fast don't they? how upsetting to have to pick him up from CC, did you cry? I would've? Lucky you having your mum buy you clothes. My mil gave me $200 for my birthday to spend on clothes which was great, I am getting very tired of finding wok clothes every day though (and this is day 3 lol)
    Neverplan- your childcare arrangements are mind boggling you poor darling. I would have to have them written out in the car so I knew where everyone had to be LOL. Hope they all are happy in their various places. Has Hayley enjoyed being back at school?
    OMG I better go I am running late already!! This is addictive.

Hey girls!!

We arrived in Melbourne safely on Saturday arve and went straight to my friends house (the bride) She was so shocked that we were there a week earlier than she expected and she was crying!! We got it all on video so I will have to work out how to get it on Jayden's site so you all can see!! We went to my brother's straight after that but it was about 10.30pm and Jayden was asleep in the car, as soon as he felt Melbourne's cool night breeze on him he was awake and screaming like I've never heard before (well not for a while at least haha) and it took ages to calm him down and he woke his nearly 1 yo cousin.

We (of course) have been shopping already, we went to Cotton Kids (Love that shop!!) We got a long sleeve top that says "My Dad is my hero" Singlet top "My mum rocks" and another black n white long sleeve top with Mexico on the back. I also got my niece a pick tshirt that says "I love mashed pumpkin" so cute!!!

I have caught up with a few friends, stayed the night at on friends on Monday night which was so much fun, her daughter Teyha was 3mths old when I left Melb, I saw her last year and now she is 2yo and so GORGEOUS!!!! I'm trying to catch up with an old friend who I haven't seen in about 4yrs (at least) she has a little boy Jake who is about 6 or 8 weeks younger than Jayden.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is the weather, today looks ok and yesterday was good but its no where near as warm as Bundy, but thats ok for a change haha

Jayden has been going to bed very late since we have been down here too last night was 10pm and the night before was after 11pm!! but sleeping through til about 8am so I guess its not too bad. I'm one to talk though, last night was the earliest night I had which was just after 12am before that has been around 2.30am!! One night after 3am!! Jayden is asleep now so I better go do a few things while I can haha. We are home alone today with no car so it will be relaxing....hmm might even have a nap

I hope everyone is ok Oh and welcome Clare, I love the name Marlea too!! I am mum to Jayden, we live in Bundaberg Qld but Jayden and I are on holidays ATM in Melbourne which is where I am originally from. My DP and I moved to Bundy (where he grew up) nearly 2 yrs ago to buy a house and start a family. Look forward to getting to know you!!

Big hugs to mummies and bubbies
    oxoxo

Nat wrote :
    Vic Your CC, FDC and school stuff has my head spinning!! How on earth do you remember it all!?!? Id forget to pick someone up pmsl!
    oh i can relate i forgot to pick DD up once and she has NEVER let me forget it she stood in the car park screaming and crying ( she was 10 at the time ) and my excuse apparently didn't cut it ( i had, had a MC 2 day earlier and my head just wasn't in a good place ) lucky one of her friends mum's calmed her down and waited with her i was 20 minutes late

good to hear that all the bubs are going well while mums are al work

whoever said about Huggies tabs pulling off, the last 4 small packs i have bought have had 1 or 2 tabs just pull right off, after the third time it happened i knew it wasn't just me being too rough, obviously some kind of fault.

Shazz- don't you love how they never forget the one thing you do wrong but conveniently forget all the things they do to annoy you!
    Well the week is finally over work wise, my class are cute but soooo small compared to the big kids I am used to. I am exhausted and am going to bed, tomorrow I get to stay home YAY!!!

Alright just a quick one before I do the dishes and go to bed!

Leanne ~ How did Katy go at CC school?

Christine ~ I was upset when they rang me but fine when I was there. And yes my mum is great!! Are you only working part time?

Vic ~ pmsl @ having a note on the fridge hehe!! Im sure you and DH will be fine working together!!

Tania ~ Its great to hear from you!! Sounds like youre having a blast and so busy too! Which I suppose you expect on a holiday hehe!! I LOVE Cotton On Kids. Im going to get Em and G matching outfits from there. I have already got Em a long sleeved grey top and Im going to get the girls grey one which is similar pmsl! I have to do the daggy stuff like this before hes old enough to realize!!!

Shazz ~ pmsl @ forgetting to pick DD up! Im sure she will still be talking about it when shes 20!!

Elissa ~ You should complain about those nappies.

Well I went shopping for the Big Day Out today and once I got all my stuff home I decided to take half of it back!! I got a purse which was gorgeous but my cards wont fit in the card section der what idiot designed that pmsl!?!? Also 2 cheap tops I wasnt sure about are going to go back and perhaps a third hehe. All depends on what I decide to wear who would have thought it was this hard. But with the hot weather, cool nights, mosh pits etc etc well I have advice flying at me from all angles!!

Anyhoo enough about such trivial dramas. Em was an angel shopping today and charmed everyone! We were in the food court and he had some banana and bits of zuchinni and he was eating and talking away and grinning at everyone very cute. They have also done up the parenting room there and its fantastic.

Alright those dishes are calling I better get to them!!!

Jodie259 Guest

Elissa - that was me with the Huggies. Sorry it happened to you, but also glad for my sake. I started to think that I was just too rough with them! You should seriously keep any faulty nappies you get - email Huggies. They ask for the batch number (written on one of the tabs) - and might ask you to freepost them in. But worth it if you get a pack of 30 free Huggies out of it!!!

Tania - I'm guessing you'll be in Melbourne for the weekend - where it's going to be a balmy 38 degrees both days!!!!!!!! Gotta love Melbourne, snowing one day, heatwave the next. So sweet with the bride crying and capturing it on video. I caught on video the time that we surprised the in-laws when we rocked up to ISRAEL without them knowing!!! Lucky we didn't give Dh's dad another heart attack! Love the sound of those t-shirts you got too.... just want to clarify; was it from Cotton ON kids???

jodie - i haven't had it happen with the last couple of packs but if it does happen again i will do wht you have suggested.

lea - sounds like ur pretty excited about the Big Day Out, sounds like great fun, not really me scene but my sister is going to the Adelaide one too.

Archie had an ultrasound this morning just a check up on his urinary reflux, mum came with me (DH was at work so i had no car) Arch did really well, wasn't happy when they rolled him on his side facing away from me though, luckily we had Nana there to sing Twinkle Twinkle over and over again.

I am low on Iron yet again, so it has been strongly suggested that i give my body a decent break between babies, which is okay cause i am still quite young, plenty of time to cook another one.

Archie woke up 4:30am and was sort of half yelling half crying so i just ignored it for a while, when i finally went in he was sobbing! He refused to settle so i ended up sleeping on the matress in the spare room with him til morning. Hope that was a one off, i don't mind co-sleeping but DH hates it, he worries too much about sids and falls.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast