Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #22

Default Babies Born May 2006 #22

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Jodie259 Guest

I'm first again?!?!?!

Well, Hubby "forgot" my birthday again. Last year I was in tears all day because of his 'forgetfulness"... so I thought he would make an effort this year. Nup. He got up this morning and went to the shops to buy me a card. Good on him.

But I did get a nice present when I jumped on the scales this morning. I have been in the 80's ever since I was pregnant - and this morning it read 79kg!!! I had checked last night and it said 80kg then! So for me... that is a great gift. Just got to stay there - and never get back into the 80's again - unless I'm pregnant!

well... hopefully the scales is a sign of an improving day. talk to you later.

Jodie

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Leanne ~ Iíd be tired if I were you as well! I hope you all get better soon! Nothing worse then being sick like that!

Jodie ~ I am with you!! Iím hoping everything settles down in the next few weeks Ė I feel as though Iím chasing my tail right now. Iím also hoping to see some teeth!! Iím sick of the clinginess, the sore gums and the teething nappies!!! Plus I want to see some cute toothy pegs!! I hope you have a fantastic birthday! Grrr to your hubby! I would be furious! But then I normally give monthly reminders starting about 6 months before my birthday so its never forgotten!! YAY for getting under 80kgs!! That is such a great achievement!

Elissa ~ Em is always knocking his head! He gets bruises and small cuts there. He canít seem to manage to land on anything but his head the silly kid!

Sara ~ I canít believe youíre 16 weeks either! Time has flown! Em cries as well sometimes when I try to feel for teeth but he has none yet LOL. Who knows!!

Em just fell asleep on the floor playing! Heís so cute! I will let him sleep and then weíre going out to the park to meet some friends.

Is anyone remembering last Valentines Day when we were all pregnant? I remember being at work and getting flowers from G. And one of my work mates got this gigantic vase of lilies and roses from her ex of about a week that made her cry! I canít believe that a year has gone by!! I canít believe that my boy is 9 months in 4 days and thatís only 3 months off a year!!! Iím going to make those 3 months go really really slowly LOL!!!

sara - Archie doesn't let me feel for his teeth either he just clamps shut. I think his top ones are on their way ATM so i just tip him upsie down whic makes him laugh, that way i get a good view of his gums.

Jodie - happy birthday! My hubby is hopeless like that too, we not having V day either, doesn't really mean much to us we just make sure we do something really special for wedding anniversary.

Lea - Em must have looked so gorgeous asleep on the floor! i can't imagine Archie giving in and falling asleep on the floor. Em must have been really pooped. I am making the most of every day with my baby now too cause its only 3 months til hes not a baby anymore, soon we will all have toddlers!

DH mum came to visit (very strange and selfish woman who we don't have a great deal to do with) I actually enjoyed her company and thought she would never leave, hopefully she keeps coming to visit regularly so that Archie will know who she is. just made a choccy cake (my valentines treat to myself) had a huge piece and now i feeel queasy eeeeewwww, its a shame i never learn from this!

Yep Elissa he did look gorgeous!!He just did it again 10 minutes ago. Though I was on the floor with him and he was kind of in my arms. Very very cute!! That choccy cake sounds lovely! I have cooked nothing special for Valentines because shopping day is tomorrow and there is nothing here to cook!!

Just waiting for G to get home now....

Well I got up at 10 to a bunch of orchids and a heap of choccies. ...even after we made deal not to do anything. I had my lunchbrought to me and dinner is being cooked as we speak.

Did manage a 5km walk today.

You do whatever you need to Shazz, and remember we are here when you need.

Shazz and Jodie!!!!

WTG Jodie!!!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; February 14th, 2007 at 06:47 PM.

Evening ladies,

Jodie - Thats great news mate. Keep up the good work!

Elissa - I will have too try that one tonight. I tried it today in the shower after the attempt at having a feel around but she was'nt in it!! Clever little thing probably knew what i was trying to do!

Kim - WOW!! You lucky ducky. Sound beautiful. At least he is making an effort for you hey. Brent does'nt give a sh*t!!!

Well Briley has had an interesting day of rolling around the lounge today! She is really starting to cruise around. Still no proper crawling yet though. She is trying but.

Anyhoo...better get out there and bond with them.

Hope you are all well. Kisses and hugs to mums and bubs.

MWA!

kim - wow how lucky are you! you must feel very special today!

Archie has had an awful afternoon and night. Bonjella seems to give him some reflief as does panadol but i hate giving that to him. Teething always makes his reflux play up too cause he screams and gets way overtired its a visous cycle as im sure you are all well aware of! Anyway he is asleep now so its not to bad yet, i just know the teeth will come through on the weekend when it will be boiling hot here, aaarrrggghhh, and to think im ttc#2!

hope you are all tucked up in bed with ur loved ones...

Happy birthday Jodie, today would have been my mum's 66th birthday- you must be a lovely person if you are born on this day cause mum was one of the nicest people ever.
    Kim- You lucky thing!!!! What do you do to get all that??? ( no I dont want to know LOL)
    Shazz- take care, is there anything we can do?
    Elissa- Riley is doing that whingy teething type behaviour too, he's been even more unsettled than usual at night. Good luck with ttc although part of me couldn't imagine children that close together LOL!! Having said that I am half considering another one and since I am getting on a bit it'd have to be soon. (what drugs am I on ???)
    Sara- DH doesn't believ in Valentine's day so I get sweet FA too. Although I did get a chocolate heart from one of the boys in my class.
    I have to go to bed now, NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!!!! YAY!!! (except I have to go to take Erin and do some photocopying)

Morning girls,

Today i have a day of cleaning and orginisation for tomorrow. We are going into town for the dr's and i have a heap of other things to do aswell. We have'nt been in since last friday so it takes a bit to get things ready! I am looking forward to a bit of social interaction!

Christine - Ohhh a choccie heart!! At least someone was thinking of you...even if it was'nt the right person!!

Hope you are all well...

BBL

Nah it wasn't what I did, it was what he doesn't.....

We have absolutley NO sign of teeth here at all. She hates rusks and barely has a suck on a teether. She seems to be understanding that you put food in your mouth, but not most other things.

Cam had a big scare yesterday. I don't let her climb on the gate at the top of the stairs (in case it falls - duh), but he was watching me on the computer and supposed to be watching Darcy. Well he didn't stop her climbing on it to stand up - and it gave way! She went tumbling down four stairs. She got a shock but it wasn't til Cam did the %&%^# gate! yelling and carrying on that she panicked and screamed.
    Thank goodness he's gone to work today and it's a bit quieter.

Sara- hope your cleaning day goes well, are you out of town? I couldn't cope not being close to major shops which are open late LOL. When we go down the coast to ILs and everything closes by 7pm I nearly go insane. (city girl all the way)
    Kim- OMG that mustve nearly given you heart failure- did Cam blame the gate not himself? Thats what Daniel would do LOL. Don't worry about teeth Riley has none and doesn't crawl! I read somewhere that the later they get teeth the stronger the teeth are but that could be an urban myth to make me feel better LOL. Erin didn't get teeth til 9 months and she's fine although she lost her 2 front teeth last year and still has no sign of new ones! Riley likes cruskits better than rusks, the clinic sister said they were good.
    Going for a nap now while R. has his, naturally the phone will ring just after I lay down LOL.

Christine how many BF does Riley have a day? and yep you guessed it he blamed the gate. It's like when you tell her 'no'. She doesnt understand that yet, why don't they figure out to just reomved them from what they are doing instead of sitting on the other side of the room and talking loudly????

Is it too young for them to be saying real words yet? Darcy can look at our rosella and say 'dird', and I swear to God everytime she picks up something to play with she says, "what's this".

Kim - Ohhh crap! At least she did'nt get hurt hey. Men!!! I bet the poor bugger felt terrible afterwards though. IKWYM bout the house being quiet. Brent could'nt work all last week due to the rain and was home all week! I nearly went crazy. We argue heaps when he is home too much! Its been a nice quiet week with just Briley and I.

Christine - Yeah we live about 30k's out of town. The shops here are only open till 5pm except for late nights on thursdays and your normal grocery stores which are open till 9pm mon - fri. Does'nt worry me about that though. I never have any money to go shopping with!!

Well after a battle all morning, Briley has finally decied to go down. She whinged and carried on all morning like she was tired but when i tried to put her down she would'nt go! So i ended up putting her on a sheet on the lounge room floor and she just rolled around talking and playing for about an hour while skimmed through the mum and baby mags.

Now i am surfing the net for some accomodation on the Gold Coast. Vic you might be able to help me out here. I was hoping you'd be on MSN so i could ask you some q's. Where do you think the best place to stay would be?? I have been looking for accomodation in Sufers and Broadbeach so far. I want something closeish to the theme parks and central to shops and beaches. The nice swimmable beaches. When i go into town i will go to a travel agent and get some brouchures and see what i can find.

Kim ~ A 5km walk!! You go girl!! I am so lazy! Sounds as though you had a lovely Valentines Day! OMG at Darcy falling down the stairs though and LOL @ Cam trying to shift the blame. Its not to young for them to be saying words at all! Though Em only says Mum and Dad lol. Emerson certainly understands what no means. I will say no and he used to listen to me! Now the cheeky monkey looks at me, grins and keeps on going!!

Sara ~ Sounds as though you have a busy day! GL at the Drís! You lucky thing organizing a holiday!! I canít wait to take Em to Queensland!!

Elissa ~ It is way too hot here hey? Iím not looking forward to Saturday Ė its meant to be 41!! I am working! I hope Archieís gums stop hurting him!

Christine ~ How cute that a little boy gave you a chocolate heart!!! Youíre definitely not crazy for wanting more!! I want 5 though Iíd settle for 3 lol How funny you mention that about teeth because my mum just told me the same thing the other day. I was a late teether and even now I still have at least 4 of my baby teeth hehe! The last time I went to the dentist they said if I came back the next time and hadnít lost them they would give me an x-ray and possibly pull out the baby teethÖ needless to say I havenít been back since LOL.

Em is starting to grow up more and more. Heís starting to work his toys out rather then just bash them about. He will give cuddles on demand now and I went to give him his bottle before and he pushed it away from him and held his arms up to me! He has also started hitting things he doesnít like LOL. He has this big singing B1 and he hates it. I set it off this morning and he whacked it and glared at is something evil and then crawled away pmsl. It was so funny and cute!!!

Oh well I better get to it and get that shopping list done and do the shopping. Otherwise I will be as late as I was last fortnightÖ actually that worked out well because G helped me bring it all in LOL!!

Kim- Riley SHOULD be having 4 bfs a day but with all the middle of the night comfort/shut up feeds he must have about 6 or 7 LOL. The Koala Cottage lady who comes out to help with his going to bed and my PND says 4 at this age but maybe more if they aren't getting enough solids. I found out that I wasn't giving him enough solids either and that he needed more carbs.
    I had a lovely nap with no phone calls and I am treating myself to a super choc drumstick!
    Sara- I never have money either I just like the convenience! IKWYM about having DH home, you do get sick of them don't you! Lucky you going to the Gold Coast, have you looked on lastminute . com ? they have good accommodation cheap.

Nat I had 2 baby teeth removed when i had my braces put on 5 years ago. She does say, mum, dad, nan, and bub but I she doesn't seem to connect them to anything IYKWIM? But the other definitley are said for a reason.

How man carbs should they be having??? Darcyhas 4 but it seems like she wants to drop back to three. Then again she's started wanting night feeds again.

Hehe Darcy just had hokkien noodles and banana for lunch, funny funny my independent little miss. She eats really well if she's doing the putting in the mouth but has started to spit it out if we feed her.

hi girls hope you are all well Feeds Ryan has 4 bottles and then 2-3 solids and a bickie at after noon tea with the older kids his not a big eater at all most solid feeds he will only eat half

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast