Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #28

Hey Girls

I am still here. Will be MIA for a bit though. I have a presentation due tomorrow, prac teaching Thursday and then another assignment due Friday not to mention its Em's birthday!!!!! I am so busy its not funny.

Vic ~ The BBH are great hey? I have 2 of the hemp and they are no where near as good as the bamboo. The bamboo ones are nice and soft as well. I think I have enough to do cloth part time now so I probably won't buy any more. It is addictive but I have other priorities right now! If I had a little girl however... well I think I'd go nuts!!

Kim ~ There are some gorgeous BumbleBee outfits around for bubbas!!! That would be soooo cute!!! Expensive I'd say though! Em is dressing up as Yoda from Star Wars for his birthday!

I do pop in once a day to read and I'm actually quite sad that I don't have the time to sit around and post - especially with Em's birthday being this week

Things will settle down soon surely though... at least they will if I get back to it!! Will talk soon girls!

hi everyone

leanne - great to hear the good news about ur dad. Sorry you are feeling so awful today, hopefully a day of rest is just what you need.

Jodie - very sorry to hear that yuo are still suffering from m/s, fingers crossed it eases up this week.

Lea - sounds like u are flat out atm! Goodluck with Em's birthday, its so exciting isn't it?!

I have been feeling clucky again for the last few weeks (oh no!) going to leave it another couple of months and see if the feeling lasts before i tell dh though. Even reading about Jodie's m/s isn't putting me off!! Archie has only had 1 hour sleep today (he usually has 3) and we are going out for tea tonight while mum babysits, so i hope he won't be too bad later.

To everyone whos feeling crappy today, i hope you all feel much better in the morning after ur babies let you have a solid nights sleep (wishful thinking, i know...)

Jodie259 Guest

Hey Kim... I mentioned your party to my DH last night when I went to bed. Now I don't know if it's because he was tired, or just stupid... but these are some of his suggestions (there is an odd good one).

Barbie
    Bartender
    Bomb/bomber
    Beer bottle
    BonBon
    Box
    Bed

He's rather keen on the bomb idea. Rember he is Israeli He thinks it would look cool to have a pretend bomb attached to you with wires... and a mobile phone detinator. Personally, I think it's a bit icky!

Hi all just checking in off to the gym in a bit ouch ... i can feel the burn already well after one weeke i have not lost a ounce but i figure i'm gaining muscle he he i got asked again yesterday when was i due
    i am convinced now it is hoow i stand cause my back is so sore all the time i tend to slouch and my tummy sticks out ( good look i know ) ( it also might be cause i'm a tad on the large side who knows but i am so so sick of rude people i would never in a pink fit ask any one that question

Ohhhh Shazz how awful of them!!!!

I would never ask that question either!!

It sounds like you stand like me though with your pelvis thrust forward and belly out My mum is always yelling at me to stand up straight.

Just running out the door to my lecture.

BFN

Kim- here are Erin's ideas: bananas, butterfly, beach babe, basketball player, bird or Batman, Bob the builder. When is the party??
    Shazz- gosh people are rude, I would burst into tears if anyone said that to me.
    Nat- good luck with prac and uni, hope Em's party planning is going well, I still haven't decided what cake to make for Riley and his party is Friday LOL (3rd child!)

My 1st mothers day was definitely an interesting one….I got a voucher for a pedicure from Jayden and he made something at FDC too it’s a paper plate with a heart cut out of the middle with his photo and pink, white & purple feathers around the outside……..its very cute but I don’t know what I am going to do with it. For a change mothers day morning I got to get up at 6.30am and for a change I got to get Jayden up and change his nappy and for a change I got to get his breakfast and feed him and for a change Chris got to sleep in!! Sorry was it fathers day??? Not impressed obviously lucky I liked my present haha.

Leanne: Great to hear about your dad! No good about your migraine though.

Kim: I love fancy dress parties! You and Darcy could go as B1 and B2 not sure where you would get the costumes from though, a fancy dress place should have them. YAY for your sleep!!

Elissa: Welcome back! Gorgeous pic of Archie!

Sara: Keep those legs crossed and hang on to that baby! I hope it settles down for you…..Are you eating properly while Brent is away? Sorry don’t want to sound like a mother haha but I know I don’t cook much if Chris isn’t here, my Dr told me off for it when I was PG. YAY for Briley’s steps!!

Christine: Eww about the mouse, naughty cat for letting it through!! Hehe. Did any of those mums offer to help you out with the orders? Or show you a better way?? I wouldn’t stress over them as Vic said they obviously need to get lives.

Jodie: Surely the M/S can’t last too much longer!! YAY for Shaun’s steps! Jayden used to lunge at things as he got close too, he still does it sometimes.

Nat: Hope your presentation went well today. I think there will be a few of us a bit MIA with babies turning 1 and party to be had. I am nowhere near ready for Jayden’s birthday and we have birthdays every week in May so time is limited. I have old and new WW cake books there is one of a duck in the old one. Email me if you still need a copy (I can photocopy it at work and post).

Shazz: I stand the same way, we had a Dr come to work a few weeks ago and said I am damaging my back from standing that way. How rude of someone to ask that! I could never ask unless I was 110% sure they were PG.

Jayden is learning animal sounds ATM, he can successfully woof like a dog and roar like a lion he also clicks his tongue and bounce up and down for a horse. I have been teaching him the pets in our family by name. What does Aker(my 1st dog) say…. ”woof woof” what does Voss(my 2nd dog) say “woof woof” What does Gypsy(my niece’s pony) say, and he clicks the tongue and bounces…it is so adorable! He has no idea how to meow even though my cat constantly does it! Pig he tries but he just screws up his nose and breathes in and out through his nose, and cow he will do if I say moo first.

I got AIO nappies off Ebay, we tried the Thomas the Tank print ones this morning but he only wore it for about 20mins before he pooed in it! I got the other 2 in the mail today but they don’t look as absorbent….do you use liners in them? I think that would make it heaps easier……I just have to find where I put them hehe

Well off to clean the kitchen and do some washing, hopefully I finish it all and get into bed before Chris comes home…….Have a good night girls (and rest of the week if I can’t make it back)

The good news about my dad was short lived I am afraid.
    He went to the haematologist this morning and they now want him to have a bone marrow biospy as he may have some form of blood disease.

Too upset to chat.

Shazz that's awful people saying that!! Are you enjoying the gym though? I haven't been for a couple of weeks because it inconveniences my husband!

Nat I used to think my peapods were great but ATM they're leaking left right and centre...I must be doing something wrong....I have 8 different nappies now but forever seem to be running out. Did you get my cake copies?

Tehe my mum was the posture nazi - I have great posture - my DH does not! ....arrrgghh I'm turning into my mother lol.

Oh leanne that's awful. Better to know why he's unwell though and have a plan.

Thanks for all the suggestions girls. I'm not sure the bomb one would go down too great, but I did think of doing B1 and B2. Jodie I had the same thoughts about the bumble bee...I think DH is glad he doesn't have to go.

Got one sick little chickie here, poor love she can hardly breath and fell asleep on my lap as soon as I gave her a cuddle (I had a 12hr day today for ANOTHER court day).

Hey, can you guys all send me an email please - It's hard work transferring them all over...thanks in advance.

Oh and it gets better too.
    MIL just phoned. Malignant lump in breast.
    What a S _ _ T day.

BB some time soon

Ellissa ~ WB!!! I was just wondering the other week where we’d lost you too! That new pic of Archie is just adorable!!!

Sara ~ Lets hope Brent brings you back something good for Mothers Day! And I hope that cough goes away as well!

Kim ~ That pic of Darcy is just too cute!!!! YAY for having such a huge sleep! Whoo hoo for your technical day as well hehe! I loved the Peapods at first as well but they are definitely not my fave now. I love the inserts but not the actual nappy. Are you washing them in any detergent? That could be blocking their absorption. Are they fitting properly? Em is a tad too skinny for them and sometimes they sit wrong and leak. That’s all I can think of. I haven’t got any cake copies no? I have found a similar cake in another book though. I only have about 8/9 nappies as well but we only do part time as Em is at CC 3 days a week and generally his Dad won’t use cloth on the Sunday I work. He’s too scared to change a pooey one!

Jodie ~ I hope that ms eases up for you soon! Not long till Shaun is walking around now! Its so much nicer once they do – no dirty knees and you can put them down when they get heavy LOL.

Tania ~ Grrrr to Chris!!!!! How rude!!! He should have been doing it all on Mothers Day!!! Sorry for not answering your email btw – just haven’t had the time. They should be fine. I use a disposable liner so I can just lift it out and throw away. That is fantastic that Jayden knows the animal sounds!! Em just learnt how to say dog and its so cute. Its so slow and sounds more like door but with a ‘g’ on the end!!!

Christine ~ I hope that little Riley is feeling better soon!!! Have you caught any mice yet? I cannot believe that people complained about hot cross bun orders!! The things I have to look forward to!

Leanne ~ I’m so sorry to hear about your dad And OMG about your MIL. I am so sorry to hear that I hope things get better for both of them. On a light note the party sounds excellent with all the flowers and the colour theme!

The presentation went well. At least my part of it did anyway. The others were less then engaging and thought that presentation meant reading an insert straight out of a text book off of a sheet a paper After everything we talked about I can't believe they all did that. I'm just hoping it doesn't pull my grade down.

I should be doing homework but wanted to come in and say hi to you girls first. I may just head straight to bed as I have my teaching prac tomorrow. I get to swap out of the Japanese class YAY!!!!

Will talk soon!

shazz - i can't believe people actually ask u that!! I would never ask someone that. I have a stupid aunty who asked methat a couple of years ago, very rude.

tania - sounds like chris needs a boot up the bum, he he. sorry u didn't get a relaxing lie in on mothers day. Jayden is a clever boy to know all those sounds, Archie only knows woof so far. Thomas tank nappie sounds gorgeous

leanne - really sorry to hear ur terrible news, big hugs to you today

kim - hope poor little Darcy gets better quickly

nat - the photo was taken the other day when Arch did his first painting, he is sucking on the paint brush, yuck! Well done on getting through the presentation, i hate doing group presentation there is always someone who lets the rest of the group down.

tea last night was great, and Archie went straight to sleep for mum (as always). have a sore throat which seems to be getting worse each day, hope it doesn't trun into something nasty. Going shopping today to spend Archie's birthday money, gonna buy some Shrek tops and singlet that are in kmart catalogue, very cute. this is the first time i have been able to buy him cool new clothes, cause he used to constantly spew he was always wearing big feral bibs so i just bought clothes from op shops, so it'll be nice to see him in something new and cool.

hope everyone's day turns out to be a positive one

Oh Leanne I'm so sorry....

Nat I sent them on Sunday! Grr Australia Post suck sometimes!

Kim ~ They don't suck that much because they just came in the mail today! Thank you so so much! I really appreciate it! The duck is just adorable and I kinda wish I was making that as he has a fascination with ducks right now but I've already baked the cakes for the trains. I didn't do the exact right sizes - ooops as I had to guess but I'm sure I'll be able to wing it. Thanks again

Ellissa ~ eeek at him sucking on the paint brush. Today Em grabbed my make up when I was putting it on and started eating it I was horrified because he was ruining my make up haha. (And no he didn't swallow any LOL) But his face looked very pretty I hope you don't start feeling worse and that you enjoy shopping for Archie! I love shopping for Em!!

Speaking of shopping... Tania I finally got Em a pair of those Bonds PJ's we were talking about last year! I can't wait to put them on him! He has to unwrap them first though!

Em's birthday tomorrow!! OMG how fast has time gone by!! I'm still so spun out. I have a feeling I'll be upset but at least I'm excited to give him his presents. We are also going out to Ikea for the day and then having a special family dinner so it should be a full on day. Saturday we are icing the cake in the morning and then we have the party in the afternoon!

Just got back from teaching prac and I have to say that I had a great time today. I've started to really settle into the role and we were moved about a bit today so I wasn't bored at all. I'm also feeling so much better so was a lot more enthused about it all. I'm still trying to catch up on work from when I was sick though so I'm off to do that now!

ETA Emerson got a card with some money in it from his great grandparents. What should I do with it? Bank it or buy something he needs? Its so hard because its not like he can tell me what he wants. In fact the only thing he wants right now is a dog pmsl!!!! Maybe I can put it towards that haha. But seriously what would everyone else do?
    Last edited by Lea13; May 17th, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Nat- I often used money that the kids got when they were small just for bills etc cause I had bought them clothes, toys etc! or even nappies if we needed them. they got sooo many things that they didn't need more toys and often we were/are really short of money. If we are having a good time financially I put it in the bank.

Jodie259 Guest

I would put it in Em's bank... or at least tell the g'parents that - and say you will put it towards something really good for him later on. Say that he got inundated with presents - and he doesn't need anything right now.

And as Christine says... if you want/need to spend it - then go for it.

If I get any money for Shaun - I think I'll put it in his bank account. Then I can buy him better presents at Xmas or something - putting their money towards it

Happy birthday 1 st Emmerson

I'd bank it or like Jodie said at least tell them you did something useful with it. Darcy mainly gets cheques made out to her so I don't have much choice in the matter. Good luck with the cake. Darcy has a fascination with ducks too!

Isn't it amazing the changes - I mean they learned heaps really quick when they were small, then it sort of plateaued and the milestones were farther between, and now there's new stuff every day.

DH taught Darcy to wink yesterday, she can name people in photos, she said Dorothy today (too much Wiggles I know)... I'm constantly amazed at her.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast