Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #28

Default Babies Born May 2006 #28

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Jodie259 Guest

woo hoo !!!
    1st - I'm 1st

Great to hear from Sheree again! And sounds like Lachie is going great guns.

I'm feeling half human at the moment... just hope this keeps up today!

hi all
    sorry i've been MIA i'm just super busy atm hopefully after the weekend things will calm down again
    i'm joining a gym on Tuesday so that will be interesting

It's not interesting - it's exciting!

Hey Sheree, you have been busy! Great to hear from you.

Positive thoughts that you're still feeing better Jodie!

I'm exhausted after being awake all night (and Darcy slept right through). Just couldn't go to sleep....does $10000 for a new kitchen sound like a lot?

The ILs are ruinging Darcy's birthday....jsut like I knew they would.....

Hi all

Well I definitely agree that Chris and I should be the only one in control of his money. Kim, I have thought of that too if Chris and I were to break up then she has all his money….Yeah I don’t think I’ll be even letting her look at his birth cert. No more has been said about it but then I haven’t seen her since either…..I’m ready for her if she even slightly hints at it though LOL. I’ll look into the Dollarmite acc when I have time.

Nat: How is it being back at Uni? Can you email those shots of Em pls? I can’t remember if I have asked already. LOL @ Em saying bye bye to you!! I would have loved to have seen that!

Sara: Wish we were closer too, vent as much as you like…. We are all here for you!

Jodie: Have you heard from the bank yet? Good thing you don’t have a contract yet…..Banks take forever. Great to hear #2 is doing well!

Kim: I have my days with not wanting any responsibilities too……….today is one of those days, one of my tech’s gives me the $hits bad!! OMG at DH’s car, I would have died!

Vic: LOL @ Adam in the cupboard….how cute! I hope Jayden doesn’t go through the climbing stage, he climbs onto his 4x4 truck but that’s about it at this stage.

Christine: What yr do you usually teach? I’m up for running away haha

Sheree: OMG how great it is to hear from you!! I keep meaning to email you I promise, but life around here is a little hectic too!! I love getting your SMS’s though so keep ‘em coming

We’re going out for dinner tonight, should be good not to have to cook or clean up haha. Will vent tomorrow about my day today, not up for it right now Have a good night girls

morning all
    well i have been up since before dawn DD is playing Netbal in the state carnival for the next 3 days so i'll be up nice and early all weekend my eyes are burning already i'm wondering how short we are going to get with one another by monday afternoon

hope you all have agreat long weekend
    oh amd Ryan has yet ANOTHER ear infection gees i'm sick of this i am demanding a referral to an ent doc next week when he has his needles ( only a month late i hate giving needled when there already run down ) any hoo i'll catch up on the weekend sometime

Why are you having a long weekend Shazz????? Don't you love kid's sport, when Jess first started playing soccer her games were at 8.30 and you had to get there by 8am and they always seemed to be miles away in places near the water which were freezing and foggy in the dead of winter! Poor Ryan with another ear infection, I think you are right in wanting to see an ENT
    Tania- hope you had a nice dinner out, feel free to come and vent today, I think its much healthier to get it off yor chest. I teach year 1 atm but the past couple of years I have had 5 and 6. I am trained to teach anyhting from K-6 but prefer the older kids although my yr1s are growing on me!
    Got to go, Riley having a hissy fit!

labour day long weekend this one

bbl

Hey girls just thought I'd let you know I'm alive

I am FLAT OUT right now like you wouldn't believe. Will hopefully get in for personals on Tuesday lol!

It was FANTASTIC to hear from you Sheree!!! I hope you're back for good! I have missed you! Will respond more later!

Gotta rush off again girls!!!

OK obviously I'm the only one with no life on a Saturday night....again.

Well yesterday the ILs decided they were too busy to come today for a party for Darcy, so my Mum, nice person that she is told us to invite them to my famliy's party next week even though she knew it would be really uncomfortable. Well then they decided they could cancel their hairdressing appointments after all and I found out at 8 o'clock last night that we were having a party today. By then I had agreed to babysit my nephew today, so I told him he could help.
    DH got up at 8 because he wanted to make Darcy's first cake - even though he only got in at 2.30 this morning, so when my sis arrived DH was in his undies still making the cake lol. Matty and I set off and he was such a good little boy (3.5yo) he picked the cups and hats and decorations. He carried some shopping and helped set up, so he was a welcome distraction.

One of her great grandmothers couldn't even buy her a card! then the ILs said 'we'll give her her present on her birthday' - well I wasn't planning on visiting you that day - that's the whole point of today!

Well I could write heaps more on how boring they are, no conversation and how SIL shoots me (and my sister told me her too - even though she's too scared to touch Darcy when they're around) evil looks becasue I don't allow her to do what she wants, but that is ranting....

SORRY to all of you who read this far. I'm just glad it's over and my beautiful baby girl now has decided she wants to sleep right on cue - bless her!

On the upside, my sister's new hubby installed a new vanity in or ensuite today so I can put everything away from Darcy and not have a constant mess on the floor! YYAAAAYYY!

Oooh and I am about to gush now....Darcy and I have an arvo teas date about once a week when we go out and get a milkshake and go shopping. Yesterday we went and i bought her a birthday present from me. I had wanted to get it when she was born, but all of a sudden that's a year ago....anyway....I went to the Build-a-bear place and I got her this gorgeous pink poodle and had it dressed in a jive outfit. I wanted a tutu for my little dancer (Darcy will groove to musac) but that was all they had. She has a birth cert and everything. I named her Maeve because that's what I wanted to call Darcy. It's so cute. She picked it out and hugged and kissed it in the pram all the way round the shop, now I have to hide it or she knows what the box is.

I have been sitting here wondering how I can vent. So much is going on in my head that I can’t get it all out! Nothing real serious of course but I really thought my life would be different to what it is. OMG I feel so ungrateful for what I do have, I mean I have my health, I have my house and best of all I have Jayden. I hate the fact that I have to work, Chris earns pretty good money (now his job is safe) but he refuses to be the only one working. I hate that everything that happens in my life is because Chris “lets” me…nothing can be my decision, the only thing I got my way on was having 6mths leave after I had Jayden which was a compromise Chris wanted me to have 3mths if that! Which is also why he doesn’t want another baby right now because he doesn’t want to be the only one working for 6mths again. I have a few friends here but I miss my friends in Melbourne SO much! I can’t talk to the friends up here like I could to the ones down there. It doesn’t help that I am still sort of sick, only coughing now but I’m vomiting from coughing nearly every night! I won’t go on about it, I can’t put what I am feeling into words without sounding like a spoilt brat LOL.

We went out for dinner again tonight with friends, we were having a good time until Chris asked me if I was driving home……I said no I’ve had 2 drinks and about to get another then he said well I’ve had 4 I can’t drive! So yet again I am designated driver, now he has gone to a mates place to drink more. So I am drowning my sorrows at home on my own.

Kim: $10k sounds like a lot on a kitchen to me but depends on what you’re doing I guess, I’d expect it to be one kickar$e kitchen haha. That is awful that the IL’s couldn’t come! I think its sad when grandparents or any family member can’t spare the time for young ones! Its their loss, Darcy will obviously have a better relationship with your parents. YAY for Darcy sleeping! Your dates sound great!!

Shazz: Good to see you’re still alive! How has the weekend been (almost half way)? Poor Ryan, hope he is feeling better soon! Hope he gets his referral too!

Christine: I agree with getting things off your chest, I am the first to suggest that to everyone. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears around here (IRL I mean), so I get used to bottling it up. I would have thought the older grades would play up a bit more but then again they are old enough to know to behave.

Nat: Good to know you’re still alive too!

Well better go before I whinge about more things LOL. I hope you’re all having a great weekend (long weekend for QLD’ers).

Hmm.....nearly 2am and Chris still isn't home! When is it my turn to go out and not come home til early hours and sleep in until 11am and not feel guilty (or made to feel guilty) about it?

Oh Tania you poor love. You don't sound like a spoiled brat at all. I don't know Chris at all, and please don't be offended by what I say, cos I don't mean to, but remember what I do for a living, and I've seen your situation a thousand times. Something has to give there. It's not all about the chief and the indian, it's a partnership. You vent away all you like. I hope...I don't know what I hope, but I really hope you're happy soon.

On my way out but just wanted to say Tania that your life sounds so much like mine its not funny. Please vent cause it makes me feel less alone too.BBL

Just home from spending the weekend in CAnberra for all the MAy birthday in my DH's family. There's three on today and one yesterday, then Katy on Wednesday.

Hope you've all had a fairly good weekend - haven't been able to catch up - AGAIN.
    How slack of me.

Better to unpack and spoil Mark for what is left of his b'day.

BB tomorrow.

HUgs to you tania and christine too vent away girls i sure do enough of it too
    any way just packed evrything for tomorrow and i'm about to go to bed ryan is still running feral riding Nicks skate board up and down the hall way ( such a good mummy i am ) ok hopefully i'll be back tomorrow night to catch up tuesday we are off looking at a car purchase wooo hoo my car sux atm and is barely getting us from A to B

Morning Girls!

Yes i am still alive!! And still pregnant!

Had another scare again yesterday though. I thought my waters were leaking! I got out of bed at 7.30am yesterday and felt some stuff trickle out and did'nt take much notice. But then i went back too bed for half an hour and got up again and the same thing happened. After this i started getting some really painful period like pains. I called the birth suite and they asked me too go in and get checked. Had a spec done and all was good. Cervix still closed.

I am really beginning to feel like a hypercondriac!! I bet thats what the hospital thinks! Better to be safe than sorry though right.

Briley, Olwyn (MIL) and I all have the flu!! We have all been moping around the house all weekend. Poor Briley was so miserable. She was teething, had a sore hmm hmm and bum from nappy rash and had the cold. I felt so sorry for her but we managed.

Tania - Ohh hun! That would really suck. Men are so inconsiderate and selfish sometimes are'nt they. Especially when alcohol is involved. It seems to make it worse! Brent is a very selfish and inconsiderate drunk. This again was proven the last time he was home with the incident involving the "friends".

On the work front though, Brent has NEVER pressured me to go back too work. If anything its me who would kinda like to go back. He wants me to stay at home with Briley. Obviously now its not an option and i am loving the time at home with her. Maybe you should just put your foot down and tell him to (excuse the french and bluntness) GET FU**ED!!! Your an adult and should be able to make your own decisions. Especially when it comes to motherhood and caring for your child. If you would prefer to be at home looking after Jayden then so be it. Especially if Chris is earning enough money to be able to support the family.

As much as i have many problems with Brent, he has NEVER been able too tell me what to do. I make my own decisions. I think he respects me a lot because of this aswell. It does cause a few issues but its better to have your own mind than to have someone make it up for you.

I think this is cause my mum was in 2 relationships which were both mentally and phsyically abusive. She lived by my step-dads rules for 13 years and then got into another similar situation only this was physically abusive aswell. I was'nt old enough to understand the situation with my mum and my step-dad but i was in my teens when she was in the second relationship and understood clearly what was happening.

Sadly though what i did see altered my view and opinion on men in general heaps. Its kinda like i don't have any respects for them. I do but i don't IYKWIM. Like i said before i won't be told what too do by any man. Its sad though cause i do treat Brent with this attitude a fair bit. And he does'nt deserve it. Even though he mucks up a bit, he is a good man. I am lucky to have him. And visa versa.

Be strong hun. We are all here for you. And you too Christine. I know its easier said than done, but try and stand up and be your own person. I really hope you both find the strengh to do it sooner than later.

Well this has turned into a deep and meaningful has'nt it!! Its good to be able too come somewhere and really open up.

Well don't have much planned today. Just going to potter around the yard and help Brent's mum sort out there gear. The sooner we do that the sooner they will be out of the house and into the granny flat!! Terrible thing to say i know! She has been such a great help though. Been doing all the washing and looking after Briley and heaps of other stuff. My own mum would'nt do this for me!! But she works too.

Anyways, i'm raving now.

Hope you are all well! Enjoy the public holiday for all the Qld'ers.

Thank you so much girls! Good to know I can vent somewhere haha.

Chris didn't get home until 3.30am and I made him sleep on the couch! I couldn't get to sleep until 4.30am (luckily Friends was on cable hehe) and then Jayden woke at 7am, so three guess who had to get up!! I made sure I made as much noise as I possibly could and when he finally woke up at 10.30/11am I let him have it, telling him that its not fair that he always gets to do whatever he wants and I'm always the one who has to miss out.....his come back to that was "You don't want to do anything" WTF I don't have time to do anything because he won't take Jayden for even 5 mins while I have a shower, I have to wait until he goes back to sleep.........Anyway I had to stop yelling at him, I started getting really light headed and felt so sick and my eyes started going funny, I couldn't focus on anything....which was the start of a migrane! The first one I have had in about 4yrs. I fed Jayden (Chris wouldn't do it because he doesn't know what to feed him). I made up a bottle and put Jayden back to bed about 1pm and I had to lay down and forget housework. Next thing I know its 4.30pm, Chris was asking me how I was feeling and said that Jayden was still asleep too!!SIL#6 was here so her and Chris got Jayden up and bathed him, Chris made dinner and SIL gave me a neck massage!! How things can turn around huh? I still have a headache now but no where near as bad but of course Chris is still in bed now because HE has a headache! He told me put Jayden to bed and go to sleep myself but of course I have work tomorrow and I'll have no other time to do the washing and cleaning seen as yesterday was a write off.
    Jayden is a bit out of sorts too, he has sores on the inside of his elbow that the Chemist said will probably turn into school sores, he has been sleeping sooo much (3.5hr nap yesterday) and he has been very clingy and whingy.....and to top it off, I had him in my bed last night to go to sleep and I was just pulling the blanket back off his bed and go and get him when we heard this really loud THUMP! Jayden had fallen off my bed and was screaming so loud! I didn't get him back to bed until nearly 2am after that, I felt so bad!!
    Kim: Chris is very narrow minded! I often tell him we are more like roommates than partners, of course he doesn't say much back. He just thinks he is right all the time!

Christine: Big hugs to you!We can vent together haha I have noticed that our lives are similar with some things.

Shazz: Sometimes you just have to let them run free haha although the skateboard might be a bit noisy if you were going to bed haha. Good luck with buyng a new car!!

Vic: Another girls weekend away sounds good! No one to go with though . I hope your weekend picked up a bit.

Sara: This baby is really keeping you on your toes huh? Just keep hanging in there, who cares if they think you're a hypercondriac, yours and the baby's health come first! Unfortunately Chris doesn't need alcohol to be so inconsiderate. He is just selfish and thinks I should be doing everything for Jayden. I make my own desicions for most things but its the big things that I think we should make a desicion on together, like kids (can't do that without him), buying a house etc, as far as me going out and making him look after Jayden, I figure its Jayden thats going to suffer if Chris doesn't want to look after him (not that Chris would hurt him or anything).

Bugger......Jayden's awake from his nap now, shouldn't complain its been 2hrs!! Chris hasn't gotten up from his all night sleep yet!! I might come back later (if I have time ) Have a good day!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast