Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #3

Kellee Guest

Just quick one, but I thought if I didnít post today there would be too much to catch up on! As it is I donít know whether Iíll get to everyoneís posts, but Iíll tryÖ

Shan Ė no, I donít hate you! Thatís awesome news about your weight. Sorry to hear that youíre still getting some pain Ė hopefully it abates soon. Sounds like Matt is doing really well Ė any chance we could see some pics?

Ange Ė Canít believe Katerina is almost 2 months old! Wow. Re: exercise Ė walking is such a great thing to do and I bet Katerina will love it. Itís nice to get out in the fresh air too. Re: sleep Ė I know Toby is a bit younger than Katerina, but I just let him sleep when he wants to at this stage. He usually has two awake periods in the day, one longer one in the morning and a short one in the early evening, but if heís just too tired to stay awake I donít force it. As Vic (I think) said, itís good to have them feeding more in the day than night. If you are going to try a specific method, make sure you give it a bit of time to work, like a few days. It doesnít always work in the first night. Good luck with the Tizzie thing Ė let us know how it goes.

Karen Ė yay for Phoebe liking music! I totally approve. Charlie really liked Bachís Piano Preludes and Fugues for some reason. Poor little Toby doesnít really even know that Mummy is a musician because I havenít had a chance to practice for months! Bugger about your car too. Hope it doesnít take long to be fixed.

Sheree Ė right, I need the name of your gyno so I can go an open a can of whoop-arse on his butt. I wonder if he had listened to you in the first place whether you might have been able to get help and recover more quickly. Bastard. Hope youíre able to sort out the stuff with Lachie too. It must be really frustrating now, Iím sure, but once you get to the root of the problems things will be much better.

Lea Ė poor little Em! Itís so bad when things like that happen and you donít know whatís wrong. Lucky it seemed to be nothing too serious. Hope you donít have another Ďincidentí like that!

Vic Ė sorry to hear that youíve got sicky bubs. Hope that it passes soon.

Kim Ė enjoy your wedding! I wish I had more to go to, although my brother is getting married in October and I have to plan the henís night because Iím a bridesmaid. Scary stuff. Was it you that was saying you had a couple less to lose than me? Maybe we can have a race! And itís great that youíre walking everyday Ė I am too and it feels so good!

Shazz Ė glad you enjoyed the movies. Itís really nice that you got to do that with your older kids. How are you going? Seems like youíve been a bit AWOL lately. Hope youíre well.

Well, still enjoying the time off with DH. We left Charlie with Mum last night and went out with Toby to a friendís house for dinner, where we ended up singing dorky ****tail piano songs (Canít Take My Eyes Off You, Big Spender, etc.) around the piano. Was very funny. Iím taking Toby out to see my best friend for afternoon tea tomorrow, then weíre staying at Mumís for the night so that Charlie and DH can have some time together. Charlie has been really good about everything and itís nice for him to have a bit of extra attention lavished on him occasionally. Tobyís been pretty good too Ė settles well and is very cute except for when he has wind pain. Looking forward to when he starts sleeping longer between feeds, but itís fine as long as he settles quickly at night each time.

Anyway, can hear a crying boy. Will try to visit again tomorrow so I donít have so much to catch up on! Hope youíre all well.

morning All

hope every one is fine and well

Kell ~i 'm around just lurking really every time i sit down to do a really long post some little munchkin wants me and the milk bar so thats the end of that
    Ryan has a cold right now so i probably wan't be around much at all for a little while i can't wait to spring it is just so hard knowing whether you are over dressing them or what
    any way i better get going we are off to see a very dear old friend today so i'll try to be back later to catch up take care and have a great friday wooo hooo the weekend already ... isn't time flying by

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Lea13 - I think you must have been talking to someone else on MSN cos it wasn't me! lol ... not that I wouldn't love to! If anyone wants to add me feel free!

TRIED to go to Big W yesterday and layby some toys for Xmas, not only for Jovi but we also have 2 neices and 2 nephews to buy for. Silly me took DH with me ... grrrrrr ... all we ended up getting was part of a pressie for one of our neices and we spent $170 on Jovi! So toy wise she's definitely fine ... will put away some clothes and stuff for her later when I go back to work. But I did want to get some stuff for others, but apparently they let the ferrels out yesterday and they kept blocking the aisles and carrying on like idiots and DH was getting very aggitated ... so we left. lol

Jovi's been having a couple of off days ... I think she's having a delayed reaction to the needles (well I hope so anyway). Tuesday she was fine, Wednesday she hardly slept at all and then ended up sleeping from 10pm to 8:30am and completely through herself out of wack. Been a struggle to get her off to sleep (lots of rocking!) and she's not drinking as much as usual. She has been having 150mL bottles and for the last couple of days we've been flat getting her to drink 100mL. She's a little bugger. She better sort herself out soon ... it's quite distressing ... not only with the horrible screaming and crying, but we then start to worry about her weight again ... already had a dream last night that she had lost weight again.

But I'm sure she's fine ... will probably take her for another weigh in next week though to make sure she's still on track. Hopefully we get our nice nurse ... there's one who's real dopey and you have to wonder how she became a nurse and the other doesn't have much of a bedside manner.

Baby crazy I did basically the same thing at Kmart, only was going to layby stuff for Darcy and my nephew but the laby line was about 8 hours long!!!! Not great with a wee one.
    Hope Jovi improves, but sounds like a normal reaction to the needles.

Darcy has been sleeping better at night lately. I still have to get up to feed her a couple of times, but she settles quicker. She is able to roll now even if I wrap her tightly, and she was rolling, the cradle would rock and she was hitting her head on the side and waking up, so the last few nights she has been in her cot and seems to be OK.

Usually she won't sleep past 4.30am (yes I know the morning is the best part of the day - but it's still dark...), but the last two days has managed to sleep to 8.30-9.00.

My top that i was sewing turned out great untril i sewed the sleeves on! The rest fit so I didn't check them and then when I tried on the completed top, couldn't put it on cos the sleeves were WAY to tight. Was so angry after spending hours on it!!! My mum took me shopping today and was so nice she bought me three new tops, a gorgeous cardie amd a pair of pants!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; July 7th, 2006 at 04:15 PM.

Kim, I just have to say, Darcy is one very cute little girl.

Well thank you very much Allison! we like to think so.

Shazz ~ Awwwww @ you being anxious leaving Ryan. Iím glad you enjoyed the movies though and I hope that next time you are able to relax more! And yes I understand the lurking part Shazz. Sometimes I enjoy just reading as its way too much effort to try and post one handed!!!

Vic ~ How did you go at the sales? Iím thinking of heading there myself sometime soon. I also get a further 7.5% discount there as well which is great!

Kellee ~ ROFL @ your quick one! I havenít had another incident like that one which Iím very grateful for. Heís being an angel for his mother actually! So glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with DH. And its great that youíve got the extra time to spend with Charlie as well. The sing-a-long sounds like fun too!

Mummy ~ The implant didnít hurt at all. They put a local in first which stings a little but even that didnít hurt as much as normal. I was in and out in 10 mins!!! It turned out that AF arriving was a blessing in disguise as they like to put the implant in while you have AF so theyíre 100% certain youíre not pregnant! My arm was a bit sore the next day though Ė no biggie I just noticed it.

Shan ~ That is great that with the implant you didnít have AF Ė fingers crossed that I donít either. Iím not a big fan LOL. I hope you got some sleep and donít beat yourself up over the crying/sick thing. I do things all the time and realise AFTERWARDS what he was trying to tell meÖ ooops!

Baby_Crazy05 ~ Sorry I must have meant Jess and wrote it in the wrong place LMAO! I have added you to my MSN contacts so hopefully we can chat the next time you are on! I hope Jovi is still gaining weight. We have our immunizations next week and Iím getting a little nervous about them Ė eeek!! I canít imagine causing my little bubba pain so its going to be interesting! Iíll probably be more upset then him LOL.

Kim ~ I understand Ė anything that requires you getting up when its dark is nighttime LMAO!! Bummer about the top but so nice of your mum to go shopping with you and buy you new clothes! You must feel great! And yay for Darcy being in her cot. Em is still in his bassinet because of his snuffy nose. Iíll put him in his cot soon enough though. Not sure what to do with the bassinet now LOL!

Not much going on with us. Em is going great Ė Iím still getting 6 -7 hrs sleep a night out him which Iím eternally grateful for. Weíve been having more tummy time and he is starting to hold his head up real high. I have a feeling heís going to be an early crawler like his mummy was!! He is also paying more attention to his toys and hitting them with his hands and starting to talk to them. I love hearing him gurgle and try to make him do it more and heíll just stop and stare at me real seriously LOL!! He is just adorable!! Well I better get going Ė so much to do and so little time. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

ETA ~ We are really enjoying tummy time and funnily enough it seems to clear his nose out LMAO!! He gets heaps of snot out his nose that way LOL! Just had to share that for some reason!!

Just a quick one gals, Lachie is getting a bit whingy.

Lachie was unbearable yesterday and so hard to settle. All day he just cried and everytime I got him to sleep and put him down in his basinette he would wake up and continue crying. I think he had really bad wind that he just couldn't pass, he hardly farted nor pooed and normally in a day he would do at least 3 poos and he only did one, late in the afternoon. So seeing as he wouldn't sleep, he was then overtired and also he just wanted to feed feed feed. I ran out of milk by 5pm, and boy was I fretting. I live in a small town and thought how am I going to feed this boy. A friend tracked down some formula incase I needed it (but thankfully I did not). He was so hysterical he would not take to the dummy, but my friend taught me a trick and that was to put him on the boob and release and quickly put the dummy in his mouth, worked a treat. He was just comfort sucking the poor little mite. He just wouldn't stop crying. We gave him some panadol and I think it worked as Wade finally got him down at 11pm and he slept until 5am the next morning. It was a very very long day.

Today he has been all smiles and giggles, first time I have seen so many (as b4 there were very few and far between), it was sweet and it made me very happy to see he was not in pain today.

Oh and those of you who said I look fab, OMG who were you looking at I still have 10kgs to loose to just b4 pre-pregnancy then I want to loose even more I was was overweight when I fell pregnant.

Hope you all have a nice nite and weekend.

Kellee Guest

Hello all.

Well, I donít know how long this post will end up being because Iím at Mum and Dadís and their computer is SO slow itís driving me crazy! But Iíll try anywayÖ

Shazz Ė poor little Ryan with his cold. I hope that heís feeling better soon. Is he still sleeping well?

Baby Crazy Ė poor little Jovi with the needles! I hope it passes soon, but Iím sure itís normal. Charlie is usually a bit weird for a couple of days after his needles too.

Kim Ė glad to hear that Darcy is settling well. It makes all the difference, doesnít it? Hooray for sleeping until 9! I hope that lasts too. 4.30 is just too early to be getting up at this time of year. Yay for shopping too Ė what a nice Mum you have!

Lea Ė sounds like Em is so cute playing with his toys. Toby is just starting to make little noises too Ė itís so cute, isnít it? Wait until you start getting laughsÖ youíll do anything to get them and when you do itís the best sound in the world.

Sheree Ė hope Lachieís wind pain passes. Toby can get it really bad sometimes too. Itís hard because thereís only so much we can do to help them, the poor things. Glad you sorted out the dummy thing too. We havenít given Toby a dummy, but when heís got wind pain I find that sometimes putting a clean finger in his mouth to suck helps him pass the wind/poo. For some reason the sucking action works a treat.

Hello to everyone else too.

I canít wait to look at everyoneís updated websites. Havenít had much time on the computer lately, and Iíd do it now except that this computer is horrible and slow and it would make me just want to throw it out the window. Had a nice day today, even though I wasnít expecting to. I went for afternoon tea with my best friend who, while she is very nice, is quite self-absorbed at times. Sheís always going on about how busy SHE is, and how tired SHE is, like I wouldnít know what sheís on about. No, with two kids under two how could I possibly be stressed and tired? Never! LOL (Hang on, that sounded bad Ė I know sheís busy, but she makes it sound like what sheís doing is so much more important than what Iím doing, IYKWIM, and thatís what makes me cross.) So I expected that today would be more of the same and I would come away feeling bad, but it was great in the end. Toby was lovely too Ė he slept the whole time and let me imagine for a little while that I have a life of my own! Heís been such a good boy recently, and is so cute. Iím staying at Mum and Dadís tonight with him, and itís nice to have some one-on-one time with him Ė itís the first time since we were in hospital that itís just been he and I. When Charlie was little I used to stay over here about once a week to give DH a proper sleep so he could function properly at work, so Iíll probably do the same with both the kids once every week or so as well. Itís a nice break anyway Ė a change of scenery does us good Ė and my brother and his fiancť live in a granny flat out the back so I get to catch up with everyone too. Not much planned in the next week or so other than RELAXING, so that should be nice. Anyway, Iím waffling Ė just filling in time until Toby wakes up for his next feed (which should be anytime now) Ė so Iíll stop boring you! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Lea - just a quick one, the IUD is a Inter Uterine Device that is inserted into the Uterus. Not sure if it has the same effect as the implanon so I hope I havent given you false hopes for no AF!

wow its so quiet in here - where is everyone. Am I the only one with no life?

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Well, we figured out what was wrong with Jovi ... the little bugger is TEETHING!!! She's been drooling something shocking, her hands are her favourite toy (and somehow she thinks she can have her bottle and chew her hands at the same time) and now I know why she's been off her bottle a bit.

She had a much better day yesterday though which was good and after a small dose of panodol she slept from 9pm - 7 am which was amazing ... though I still kept waking up though ... lol

Just had a screaming match with her whilst TRYING to rock her to sleep ... put her down and DH had to pick her up again straight away ... his turn I say! lol Bum for him cos he's trying to watch the Sunday Roast and she wants to listen/watch her "Live" DVD ... lol ... she's so tired but never wants to give in ...

Will take her for another weigh in this week ... hopefully she's still going great guns ... she definitely is feeling heavier ... ask my back and arm! lol

Hello all! Lovely day here in Sydney. The wedding last night was good. I actually blowdryed my hair (I have heaps of hair and as it takes ages I rarely get the chance), wore makeup and stilettos. I used to wear real high heels all the time but I think they were a bit ambitious for the first time in twleve months. Darcy had heaps of cuddles, but the poor little thing, you know they have an off day once a week? Hers was yesterday. We had about 1.5hours sleep Friday night and she wouldn;t sleep during the day either. She was so tired and whingy, nothing helped. Nor did a noisy reception where she only slept about 20minutes twice. I finally put her dow around 1am, didn't hear her whinge until 5.55. I picked her up and by the time I got her to my bed she had gone back to sleep so I left her. 8.45 she cried. She;s still pretty tired and is even having a sleep right now. Very unusual for her.

Lea isn;t hte interaction great? Darcy has had a VERY strong head since birth. In fact she's never been floppy and so has enjoyed being on her tummy forever. She has been able to push herself up since about 2wks and roll over since about 4. Currently if I prop her up she tries very hard to sit forward! She can also manage to get herself over a cushion if she is lying on her belly on it by kicking her legs! I think I'm going to have ot child proof my hiuse quicker than I thought....

Vic, great abotu your new computer and at least hte kids aren't bothered by htere snuffles....it could be worse they could all have the chicken pox at once....LOL only joking, no hax intended.

Sheree, hows Lachie today?

Baby crazy....that exactly what Darcy's been doing (Oh the dribble!!!)....uhoh.... Hope it's not too painful for Jovi, poor love.

Kellee, I love your blog! Gee you're entertaining. I loved the bit about the eviction of the bad tenant. It was just how I felt and I wasn't even over due! Wonder if you would mind if I used your words for a scrapbook page (I will acknowledge you)?

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend.

Kim
    Last edited by ~Kim~; July 9th, 2006 at 01:54 PM.

Fletch, wow thanks for the compliment. I believe you might actually live near me. If you want I am happy for you to come and have a look at it and I could explain.

Otherwise, I measured, did some figures (divided the wall by four), the diamonds are xcm across and then 2xcm high. then I worked out where the middle of each diamond was (for the top and the bottom) and how far they needed to be across the wall. Basically I pencilled it all in and then used low tack tape to mask and then just painted it having painted the base colour first.
    The thin stripes are actually ribbon that I have used a hot glue gun to stick to the wall.

Easy but the calculations and markings are a bit fiddly. I also had to paint the diamonds alternately (ie first and third then second and fourth) cos the tape gets in the way.

I have sent an email as well with my address is you're interested in having a look.

Hehe Fletch for being in here, but you are right Kim's feature wall is great, I have always admired it.

OMG Babies teething already, what tha........

Well Lachie is on again off again, more good then bad, but we think he is getting better then it is bad again. Getting lots of smiles and giggles so hopefully that is a good sign for improvement.

Gosh Vic - hope your household gets better soon.

I have been told by my SIL's friend who is a midwife to go and get a 2nd opinion re: my wound, she said how i have been treated just isn't good enough! For me to wait another 6 weeks and there to be an absys and have to have another operation just really is not good enough. So will make an appt for my gp this week, even if I have to travel to the next town to see a specialist I will do it!

As for Lachie have to have his poo tested this week for Lactose intolerance, see how we go.

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Snap Sheree!!

GOod on you for seeking another opinion. I agree with your SIL. That has to be one of the most unprofessional things I have heard.

Yeah thanks Kim, will definitely go get that second opinion, not keen to go back to the gyno here who is the only one here in town too, will travel to the next town 1 1/2 hours away if i have to. Am going to request a scan to see what is going on!

Just a question ladies, not sure if this pain I am feeling is from my caesar or not, but every morning after sleeping or during the day after sleeping I get so sore in the pubic bone region, it just aches and I have to change position which does not always help. Been happening for a while, is it all the ligaments/joints going back into position? If so this has been happening for a while, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Isn't this sleeping thing hard with our babies, he was getting good, sleeping anywhere from 5-7 hours (start of feed to start of next), and it was more the 6 or 7 hour range, now we are lucky to get 3-4 hours, back to being sleep deprived. Must be part of a growth spurt thing hey? During the day he is feeding as early as every 2 hours too. He soooo does not sleep during the day much, Nana was here yesterday and could not believe that he could stay awake all day and only cat nap for minutes. Even at night after a feed it is taking me so long now to get him back to sleep that I get so desperate of sleep and I shuv the dummy in his mouth and turn off the light. I hate using the dummy as I find he does not get in a deep sleep and wakes up earlier then I want him too, geezzzz the joys of motherhood, no god dam day is the same. Nana and I even took him for a long walk yesterday and nope still wide awake when we returned. Last time this bloomey worked, grrr..... But the good news is, is that Wade and I were just so tired and went to lay down today as a family in the big boys bed as Wade calls it and yep lachie cried, I picked him up and nursed him with a shhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh for about 30secs and out like a light. We all had a good 2 hours and Lachie is still asleep, yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I just hate to hear him cry, he gets so hysterical, he wouldn't even attach onto my boob yesterday he was soooo upset. My friend told me that she read in a book that boys you should try not to let boys cry too long they tend to be more violent and agressive in their older life, what tha.... she can't remember where she read it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast