Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #3

Default Babies Born May 2006 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - sherie.brown@bigpond.com

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au
    Christy christy7@bellybelly.com.au
    Lea13 lea13@bellybelly.com.au

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May 06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Baby_Crazy05
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3202grams Length - 53 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Jovi Lee
    Baby's Website: none ... yet
    Health Concerns: Loss of weight when she was born but has certainly picked up now

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scrappyfish
    Baby's DOB: 09/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 3oz/ 3260gm - Length - 50.5cm - Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Darcy
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Mummy's pre-eclampsia and toxeamia
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___

Forum Name: Mummy4Life
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 9th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13 1/2 ozs Length -52cm Head Circ -38cm
    Baby's Name: Phoebe Belle
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is just perfect!!!!!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Angelique
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3244grams Length - 49 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Baby's Name: Katerina
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Colic and reflux
    Notes: Can't put her down after 7pm for long HELP.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Midgyt
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB:15 May 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lbs4oz, 49cm, 34.5
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Matthew

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Lea13
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 18 May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7 pound 4, Length - 49 cm, Head Circ Ė 36 cm
    Baby's Name: Emerson Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Neverplan
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 21/5/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 15oz / 4040gm - Length - 50cm - Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Adam
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Shereejoy
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 22nd May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.88kgs (6lb 5.5oz), 51.5cm Long, 35cm HC
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Lachlan Robert Mcleod
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbubbles/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Our Miracle baby has survived bleeding brown and red from 5 to 8.5 weeks and mummy passing a clot the size of her plam at 11.5 weeks and waking in a pool of red blood and lots of cramping. A true little miracle, our little precious Man

Forum Name: delta_blue
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 24/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 4oz/3740gm Length - 52.5cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Cooper Noel
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: he is beautiful
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Bellasmum
    Baby's DOB: 24th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2430g Length - Head Circ - 32.5
    Baby's Name: Patrick James
    Baby's Website: www.totsites.com/tot/patrickjames
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Still in SCN indefinately due to premature birth (35w + 5days)
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Jodie259
    Baby's DOB: 24th May, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.98kg Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Shaun Shalom
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/jodie259
    Health Concerns: Really healthy, but has sleeping issues
    Notes: 1st baby for me (38y.o), emergency c/section birth

Forum Name: Rachy
    Baby's DOB: 30th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 9lb 2.5ozs, 54cm, 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Krystal Emma
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with our old thread HERE

Baby_crazy05 ~ Good to hear from and great to hear that Jovi is doing so well!! I didn't realise that Jovi was after Bon Jovi either - I love it though!! I hope all goes well with her getting her needles. I only have a week and a bit till Emerson gets his as well.... will be interesting to see how I go with that LOL. I have a feeling I'll be more upset then he will be!Goodluck going back to work fulltime. I'm sure it will all work out fine and how wonderful that your husband is going to be a SAHD!!! You should get him to join here LOL.

Sheree ~ Keep up the good work sweety! Your the best mum with an adorable son and you know it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Kellee ~ I never wrote that letter LMAO. I will get to it tomorrow. My nana doesn't have access to the internet and doesn't even know how to use a computer so its the traditional way for us! I've been writing to her since I was a teenager and she loves hearing from me and receiving photo's and stuff. And thanks for the well wishes re the personal stuff. Definately don't need the extra worry but you don't choose these things do you LOL. And I'm on the weight-loss band wagon after going through my cloths tonight (finally got to that LOL). I look good for having had a baby 6 weeks ago... but I still don't fit into all my clothes just yet so bye bye M&M's (after this last packet) and bye bye coke (after the last cans are gone LOL) and hello water and crackers and other healthy stuff LOL. I'm going to take up walking (using my mums walker in the bad weather!) and doing an exercise tape twice a week starting this week... wish me luck! I'll need your support!

Probably TMI but AF is heavier then my bleeding after the birth. It's seriously ****ting me LOL. I'm back to wearing maternity pads for cyring out loud!! Is this normal....???

Tonight as mentioned I sorted out my wardrobe - I counted my shoes lol... there were 50 lmao. I got rid of 10. I also got rid of the same amount of bags which leaves me with about 20 lol. Sorted through all of my clothes ad I've got a large bag to donate, a large bag of maternity stuff to lend to a friend ( which made me mourn my pregnant belly lol) and I still have managed to fill my BIR, part of Em's and a tall boy LMAO... I've got way to many clothes/shoes/belts/accessories/scarves/bags.....

Other then that not much to report. Spent most of the night watching musicals and now I'm trying to get Em to sleep. He normally only has 5 bottles in 24 hrs and hes onto his 6th lol. And he's been awake since about 8.30 so surely he's gotta be tired soon right?

Now that I've basically done 4 posts in a row LOL - I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Good Morning Ladies,

Hey Lea - apologies for my ignorance but when did you become a moderator??? Well done! Too bad about AF - I am like Kellee, I havent had them since before DD was born. I lie, I did get a really heavy AF before I knew I was PG with Matt - does this count? I am jealous of your wardrobe.

Scrappy - Its frustrating that us as women are expected to do everything at home and juggle the kids too. He will learn to appreciate what you do esp when he actually is left at home with the list of tasks (and doesnt escape to his parents house with Darcy!) As for AF, mine didnt return before I fell PG with Matt. It was just after conception that I got them (as mentioned to lea). I never had nipple sensitivity with BF with either of the kids - so I cant help you in that dept. AND Yes it sounds like Darcy is a very effective feeder to be able to drain you so quickly. I loved it with my DD as she would be finished her feed on both sides and back in bed (incl a nappy change) in 10 -15 mins. lets face it its quality sleeping time for us mummies. I am longing for this with Matt.

Kellee - I looked at your website and I too think you and Tom make good looking babies. Speaking of making them - so long as the bleeding has stopped I think its ok. I am in awe that you can have so much will power when it comes to losing weight. I go the other way. Keep eating the crap but increase the exercise I do have to confess though, I actually began to gain weight in the last few weeks due to eating bad food. Very naughty. I cant wait to get back onto a proper ex routine though but prob wont be able to do so until after BF as running reduces my milk too much. Will stick to walking for the time being.

Babycrazy - it gets easier to leave the kids with your partner. Make the most of grocery shopping alone if you can - it feels wonderful! I give my DD panadol before injections and although she still cries, she has never been unwell afterwards. I will take Matty next week for his and will do the same.

I had good intentions of doing personals to everyone but Matty has finally fallen asleep - this one handed typing in the dark at 4am is ludicrus.

Off to bed for some long sort after sleep

That's fine Shan - it was only a few weeks ago! My wardrobe isn't that great - just a lot of crap LMAO!! One handed typing at 4 am with Matty asleep definately equates bedtime!! I hope you got some decent sleep!!

Well today... No big plans really. I will have to visit my mum and drop off a bag of maternity clothes I'm lending to a friend. DP is coming over later and is cooking me dinner - yay! Uhmmm.... I think it's time to start some scrap booking again as well. Which means getting that printer hooked up!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

ETA I just weighed myself after last nights horrors of trying to fit into my old clothes and I'm down to 62 kgs?!!? So I think alot of toning is in order!! Either way I only have 2 kgs to loose for my goal weight! I did want to aim for 57kgs but I've been told by DP that this is too light LMAO!!! He's happy with me now!!! I'll be happy once I hit 60kgs! Just thought I'd share that with you all!

Well girls I have to brag Wade is wonderful with helping me out and his undue attention to his little boy, soooo surprised me as he as not the most affection or emotional person before, but glad he is now, his son deserves it and hey when he gets a kiss I look at him and say where's mine hehe. So its a win win now, never got hugs and kisses before.

Oh and have to brag Friday night we got 6 hours sleep from Lachie in a row and then last night Saturday Night we got 7 hours, wow what a bit of sleep can do, I was starting to feel so unstable, but now I feel like a new women. Even Wade said they were the best nights sleep he has had since he came home from hospital. He was only going 3-5 hours between feeds before that and then there was a good hour or more waisted of that feeding, burping and changing him and ohhh nursing him to sleep.

Well just had to tell you all I am feeling alot better and my wound is finally stopped bleeding after my gyno finally cut the stitches that I was having a reaction too. Have our 6 week checkup on Tuesday with Gyno and Paedatrician, can't wait to get some answers about Lachie and his reflux/colic.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.

We just went for our first family walk, it was soooo nice, especially seeing as I am feeling alot better, it was sweet. There will be alot more of those now, it will be great. Lachie even slept the whole way. He hasn't slept all day so I guess that is one way to get him to sleep.

YAY for little Lachie sleeping for his mummy!!! I'm so glad for you hun!! Amazing what some sleep can do!! Glad to hear you sounding more positive again and how nice that you had your first family walk!! We haven't even done that yet - its way too cold here for walking especially with Em's cold! Let us know how your 6 week scheck up goes as well!!

Not much else to report here... except I seem to have time to chat when everyone else is busy LMAO!!! I'm just doing some dishes and then maybe some ironing.... ohhh so exciting I hear you say!

ETA - I have a really silly question to ask... how do you know when they don't fit into Newborn nappies any more LOL??? The nappies are leaving red indentation marks on Em... does this mean they're too small?? Sorry for the silly question lol! Also how should Em's head control be when having 'tummy time' at this stage (roughly). Thanks guys! Its 12.30 and I'm heading to bed!!!

angelique Guest

Hi everyone,

I think my little one had finally settled. She seems more content than what she was. Does this mean that good days are on the way? She sleeps more at night than in the day and does not fight her sleep too much anymore. Gosh, I thought this day would never come!! I am dreading immunisation day on THursday!! I hope she does not get sick.

Hi everyone,

Sheree, it is so good to hear you are feeling much better. Walks are lovely, we havent all been together, but Cooper and I walk for an hour a day when the weather is decent. I just walk to the supermarket to get a small shop, seems to be a big part of my day, I really look forward to it. Not on today though as it is raining.

Lea, I dont think it is a silly question about nappies. I too have noticed some redness on Cooper's legs from the nappy, and was wondering the same thing. It says Huggies are for up to 5kg, and he is getting pretty close to that now. We have 3 boxes of 108 nappies left in newborn, hope the supermarket will do a swap for us. Think we might have miscalculated slightly. As for tummy time, I read last night that from about now they should be starting to lift their chest up off the floor. Cooper isnt doing this yet, he has good neck control but doesnt enjoy tummy time as much as I would have liked.

Angelique, great to hear about the settling with sleep. Cooper seems to be sleeping better too, not fighting the sleep as much. Hope I didnt speak too soon.

DH took care of Cooper yesterday, so I could have a big sleep in and do a big grocery shop and some cooking. (I wanted to do these things). A very nice gesture, however I have mixed feelings about him taking over. It's lovely to see him bond with his son, but he doesnt listen to things I 'suggest' and my routines and hard work go out the window. It's so hard to hear Cooper crying from being over tired, but DH not putting him to bed and if I dare suggest anything, he gets mad at me. Oh the joys!!! He means well and I am grateful of his help.

We have our 6 week check up with my GP tomorrow and one with the hospital on Wednesday. I remember thinking when I was in hospital and they made the appointment, that 6 weeks was sooo far away, and here it is already. Time is flying by.

Not sure what I want to do today...maybe have a day at home together. Hope you all have a great day,

Kellee Guest

Lea Ė good luck with the exercise! Iím on it too Ė I try to do two days of walking and one day off just until Iím completely recovered (I do feel completely recovered but I have a tendency to overdo it and I donít want to hurt myself! Iím not sure if Iíll get around to it today, but youíve reminded me that I have an awesome yogalates DVD that I can do tonight just in case. Yay on being 60 kg too! Thatís awesome. Canít imagine that right now, although I have lost one kg in the last few days, taking me down to 75. Still 11 to goÖ * sigh * I know what itís like to have no clothes too Ė Iím a size 12-14 atm (I think Iíd be a 12 all over except for the baby belly!) but Iím usually a 10 so it doesnít feel good. Weíll get there, donít worry! Sorry, I canít help you with the bleeding thing, but I hope it eases soon Ė it must be annoying! Bugger I donít live closer to you Ė Iíd love to help take some of you extra clothes off your hands! Which musicals did you watch? BTW, I would just buy a pack of the bigger nappies and try them to see if theyíre any goodÖ youíll use them eventually anyway, right? You might have to fold the top over if they fit everywhere else.

Shan Ė thatís really interesting that running reduces your milk. I never realised that it could have an effect like that. Iíll have to watch out for myself (I didnít do any exercise until Charlie was 4 months old so I didnít notice). Thanks for the lovely compliment about my babies Ė we like the think that we breed Ďem cute and strongÖ both Charlie and Toby have had very good neck strength since they were born. Toby holds his head up on his own and has done so for about a week! That explains all the partying in my tummy Ė he was building up his strength! Donít worry to much about the extra weight Ė it will come off. I think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves to be perfect so soon after giving birth, and the reality is very different to that. Hope you managed to get some sleep too Ė are you still getting up to DD through the night as well? How is she coping?

Sheree Ė Iím so glad youíre feeling better, and Iím really glad that Wade is being wonderful. It certainly helps, doesnít it? And HOORAY for the extra long sleeps! Hope it lasts for youÖ itís amazing how much better it makes you feel.

Angelique Ė glad to hear youíre feeling better about everything too. Hope the good sleep lasts! Hope the immunisations go well too.

Alison Ė hooray for grocery shopping and cooking on your own! Bugger that DH isnít doing what you want him to with Cooper, but hopefully heíll come around eventually. Hope the check up goes well too.

Toby was better last night, thank goodness. As a general rule, he settles well and is contended most of the time except for when he has wind pain or something. He slept well last night except for when he kicked his blankets off and was cold! Heís a bit unsettled at the moment Ė kept waking up every ten minutes or so in his cot Ė so DH has got him in the Baby Bjorn now and heís better. I really wish I could use that but my back is badÖ which reminds me Ė for those who have had epidurals I have a question. I remember when the anesthetist put the needle in my back it triggered a pain just to the left of my spine a little lower down than where she was putting it in, but once she got it all sorted it was fine. The last few days, though, I have been getting pain in the same place Ė nothing too serious, but an ache that makes it hard for me to pick things up from the ground. Does anyone know if this is normal? Or if it will go away eventually? Iíll ask the GP next time I see her but I thought Iíd ask.

Anyway, better go and organise dinner and get ready to go for a walk. Hope youíre all having a lovely Monday.

I'm supposed to be cooking dinner so just quickly.....
    Sheree - very jealous of you with your lovely DH atm
    Lea - don't know about the AF, but mine started today so will let you know
    Allison - I hear you!!!!
    Angelique - so glad you're getting some respite
    Hi Shan
    Mummy - you're brave oging back to work
    Kellee - I only have a couple less than you to lose

Trip went well, our needles are next Monday, bought a digi camera today....
    Talk soon

Just a quick one ladies...

Ange ~ Glad to hear that things are going well.

Alison ~ I've got 1/2 box left of the newborns so hopefully he will fit into them until they're gone and I will then get the next size up I think. Emerson is 500g off 5kgs!!! The supermarket should def do a swap for you. Em is getting there with chest off the floor - I have to admit that I haven't been doing as much tummy time as I should have. To be honest I just kind of forgot! But I'm doing more now so hopefully he'll get there soon.. He doesn't seem to mind it but we don't do it for too long as he gets frustrated.

Kim ~ My AF seems to have stopped now so it was just under a week long and really heavy for awhile there. But no pain! It's good to know someone else has it back as well LOL. What are you using for contraception? Congrats on the camera!

Vic ~ Thanks for the advice. The sides are still easy so I think they may be right for a while. If not I'll off load them to my sister! I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to come back with 2 hands LOL?

Kellee ~ I watched High School Musical, Grease and them part of Rocky Horror LOL. They were all on tele.

Hi to Jess, Shazz, Sheree, Shan and anyone else I may have missed. Not much to report here! Em is asleep and I'm going to bed myself. It's been one of those days...

HI all,

Gee it seems that the only time i post is during the night. Oh the joys of kids.

Lea - I usually change up nappies when they begin to look like hipsters and like Vic says when the tabs are hard to do up. I agree with Kellee too the next size will wont go to waste. I was stuck with a heap left after DD and didnt make the mistake of buying too many this time - I think I have about 3 left which DD will use a play nappies for her doll. Luckily you only have half a box left which you can still use by the sounds of it.

Kellee - You are going to hate me. I am actually down to my pre pre-preg weight. 57kgs. I only just got down to this before I fell pg with Matt. Only had 6 kg weight gain with this pg and lost it within the first 2 weeks and have eaten a load of crap thinking - what the heck i am breastfeeding - UNTIL i jumped back on the scales and went WHAT THE? I was naughty and went for a run to see if it affected my milk and it remained pretty good so maybe if I jog easily it may be ok. Pelvic pain is till there though - I think that will be my limiting factor. As for my DD, Luckily she has been a good sleeper when she learnt to sleep through from this age (6 weekish). It is on the rare occasion that she wakes us up thank goodness.

Allison - Tummy time in this house is virtually non existant. Every time I put Matty down on the floor DD want to put his dummy back in (not quite in the right hole) or climb on him etc. She is very helpful but just not aware of what she is doing could hurt him. Dont be too concerned that Cooper isnt on his elbows or chest off the ground as it will come. My poor little man will get there eventually.

Scrappy - Good luck with the needles. I will give Matty a dose of panadol before his so hopefully the affect will be minimal.

Sheree - Great to hear you out and about walking - exercise is a godsend!

Matt weighed in a 5 kgs last week (6 week check up) - he is a growing boy! He has gone from a really skinny bubby at birth to this little chubba bubba. Very cute.

Nothing to report other wise. Just need more sleep.
    Last edited by midgyt; July 4th, 2006 at 02:38 AM.

angelique Guest

Is tummy time really necessary?

Gosh I need to get out and excersise too. U guys are making me feel bad!! hehehhe

Anyone a lazy bum like me at the moment? Not enough energy yet to lift weights and do a class. ANy suggestions guys? IT makes it hard when it is raining all the time over here. Cant wait for summer.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hi all. Jovi had her needles today ... was the first time that the girls at the dr's surgery had ever heard her cry! She did pretty good though and didn't cry for long but still ... poor little bubba girl.

She's also gaining weight well ... she's up to 4.2 kilos now which is awesome. Another 250g since last week ...

Only a quicky ... talk to you girls later.

Ange - yes it is necessary. It strengthens all the neck and associated muscles used for eating etc among other things. My little boy hates it and always rolls over to his back. He rarely gets put on his stomach because of my 16mth old 's wandering feet and hands. Dont worry about the exercise thing. You will find that once the sporatic sleep pattern settles down you will feel more like getting out and about. I need to do more of it too - weights are great for burning calories as the muscle gained will continue to consume fuel when exercise has stopped. There are a load of exercises you can do around the house while you are waiting for Katerina to settle ie squats and lunges whilst rocking the bassinet or some pushups against the cot or wall, some dips on the chair, shoulder press with some bags of rice, sugar or tins (whatever you can find in the pantry). I should practise what i preach.

Baby Crazy - Great news about Jovi's needles and the weight gain.

DD is in daycare today and I am left with my little boy Matty. I have had such a relaxing day shopping and at home. All the beds have been stripped and washed and remade, house vaccuumed and floors mopped. About to tidy the kitchen, have a sleep then do the bathrooms if theres time before I pick up DD. It almost feels like i have a life! The bubble will burst at 430pm when i pick her up

Oh well, enjoy your day/evening.

angelique Guest

Midgyt,

Wow, you have given me lots of inspiration for excersise. I will have to start on those lunges and do some tummy excersise on my ball. I am so lazy and would rather eat chocolate!! When does this sporatic sleeping pattern settle anyway? I am finding Katerina is getting there but once her sleep is interrupted she has sooo much trouble going down of an evening and it is painful for us. I must force her in the stroller instead of the hug a bub front carrier but she cries!! Any ideas?

DOes anyone think that letting your baby sleep in the day more will contribute to them not sleeping a lot at night? I am confused with this theory. I find my little one sometimes is very sleepy during the day on rare days. Perhaps she is catching up on lost sleep? This sleep thing is confusing

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast