Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #4

Sorry for being MIA.

Alison, constipated meaning hard to get out but they are still soft?????? Poor little Cooper. I use Infants friend and that works a treat! Although I am so sick of giving Lachie medication, he knows how to sit it in the back of his throat and spit it out now!

Wow this is TMI, sorry gals, but we for the first time in 11.5 mths DTD, OMG, how patient is my man! Mainly due to all my problems during pregnancy though, we just couldn't bear to see any more bleeding. I did help him out though to IYKWIM, and also my recovery from caesar as you know was horrific, so again no Sex.

It felt really strange HEHE. Sorry for sharing thought you all woudn't mind, seeing as we all tell each other everything.

I am just up and down all the time. My boy hasn't been sleeping very well lately at all (he is back to the early days after birth), and it is really taking its toll on me, and he won't attach to my boob, having to express all the time. Think it is from the medication, as he won't feed directly after it and sometimes all day, one day I had to express all day, but he is getting better. I was giving him his medicine in a medicine dummy but now I am just syringing it in to save the confusion. But really god only knows, he has a mind of his own, one day you think it is this and the next it is different. Seeing a lactation consultant on Tuesday hopefully she can give me sum tips! Lachie has also had a rash on his face and the more he rubs it the worse it gets! Went to the hospital as it was getting bad, she recommended paw paw ointment, so that seems to be clearing it up slowly!

Well I finally got him down for a sleep today after sooo many attempts, put the basinette in the cot, think it is about time he starts to be a big boy and stop sleeping in bed with mummy and daddy. Need to slowly ween him into the process. Slowly does it I guess!

Gosh who ever said this motherhood was easy! Shoot them please!!!!!!

Well today I've tried spacing his feeds out - it kind of goes as follows:

8.30 - 90mls
    11.00 - 90mls
    3.00 - 90mls

So today he is spaced quite well but only having half of what he is meant to at each feed?!!?!? I haven't dragged the times out at all so I'm not sure what is going on. I will come in later today and let you all know what he has tonight.

Ohhh he's waking up - will come back and do personals later!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it's been a long time!! But here i am. So as some of you might know i had a little girl on the 5 june. Her names is Briley Jean Harvey. After 8 hours labour and an hour pushing she made her entrance at 1.21pm. She weighed 8 pound 3 and measured 51cm. She is absolutely beautiful. She is a pretty good baby. She wakes around 2-3 times a night for her feeds. I was breastfeeding but thought she was'nt getting enough so i decided to bottle feed her aswell. She is happy as larry!!

So i will probably have to be updated on a few things if thats ok. I did'nt go back and read previous posts, it would have taken me a week!! I hope that everyone is having a good time in motherhood. I am really enjoying it. Did'nt even go through the "Baby Blues". I did'nt really have time i suppose. We had Brent's family up and staying with us a day after i got home. I had a few problems trying to breastfeed her as she just would'nt latch on and every feed i had to have a midwife there. I stayed only 2 nights and was kicked out because they needed the bed!!!! Once home i got the hang of it though.

I am in the process of putting my birth story in birth stories so if you all would like, go and have a read!! Not many of you have put yours on there though i noticed. Must be busy bee's hey!!

Anyways i will be back. PROMISE!!!

Talk to you soon

Sara

Jodie259 Guest

lea13 - you were asking about a bath seat, and a friend gave me our one. It fits perfectly into the little baby baths... but we will have an issue when he outgrows the baby bath. We have a huge spa bath, so I have bought a little blow up swimming pool to put inside the spa so that we don't have to fill the spa up each time.

But I saw the best thing on eBay today!!! check this item out : 160009750595 (paste that number into the 'search' at the top of eBay.com.au
    I've never seen a baby bath like that - and I think it's unreal!! If I had a 'normal bath' I would definately be getting one of those! It's in melbourne, and I've won some other auctions from this woman, so I could ask where she got it.

But I've got one like this auction item: 300010538624 which fits into baby baths. I could go into normal baths as well as it has suction caps on the bottom, but you would still have to bend over to wash your baby.

I just saw this listing... item: 290007759917 which is really cool if you had to use a normal bath and bend over. I've never seen anything like that before.

I think eBay is a good place to pick up bath seats, or one of those big baby places. You don't use these items for long, and as they are plastic you can give them a good scrub & disinfect if you buy 2nd hand.

And Scrappyfish.... I was so nervous about wearing jammies (which I don't normally wear) - that I left my bra & top on, and wore light weight track pants instead! Mind you, I didn't go to bed until 2.30am...

Kim ~ LOL @ Darcy discovering her feet!! Em has discovered his little fists and loves staring at them.

Sheree ~ YAY for DTD!!!! You can tell us anything girl LOL!!! And no motherhood is not easy – even with good little babies like Em. Being by myself its so hard to get even half a second to myself – I’m on the go ALL the time… I hope Lachies rash clears up soon!

Sara ~ Congrats again on the birth of Briley. I have posted in your birth story as well. Sounds as though you are doing really well. Hopefully we’ll see more of you around here??

Jodie ~ Thanks so much for those links. I think I like the one that you have – I think it would still work well in the big bath and would be great in the little bath while it still fits. I have a seat for the bath as well but it won’t be any good until he can sit by himself.

I am so tired folks so I’m off to bed in a minute. From his last feed Em had a 120ml bottle and then 50mls of another bottle so all up only 440mls… no where near the 700 or so he should at least be on. I tried a faster flow teat and he cried and cried and then threw everything all up any way. I will record what he has again tomorrow and see how we go. I’m off to bed folks… correction I’m going to finish sterilizing bottles then I’m off to bed….

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi girls, hope everyone is well & enjoyed the weekend.

Talking about baby baths, I have an all in one bath and change table, when Phoebe out grows that or when she can sit up by herself I have the next size up (unfortunately this doesn't fit where the small bath goes)so i put it up on a bench, washing machine (so I don't have to bend over)...this bath was big enough until my son was one and then into a big bath or the shower.

Lea ~ if Em was happy and content with just 90 mls then that's fine. Good job with spacing his feeds. You are definately on the right track. Everyday is a new day, so just repeat the process and persist. Establishing a good day time pattern can eventually down the track mean a good nights sleep for everyone. After the age of 4mnths, most babies like to know what is up next and like routine and their days to be predictable.

Sara ~ welcome back.....congratulations on birth of Briley Jean. Looking forward to reading Briley's birth story. Do you do both BF & FF would love to here how you go with both.

Jodie ~ Your an ebay fan as well. I purchase a lot of scrapbooking stuff, but always searching around for a bargain or two.

Sheree ~ Woo Hoo....don't apologise, if that's what you need to chat about then we are all ears aren't we girls!!

Scrappy ~ thanks, yes Phoebe is back to her happy and content little self...Sounds like everything is going well with you and Darcy. Don't be concerned too much about no poo for a few days. BF babies have been known to go a week. As long as she isn't being bothered by it, then don't let it bother you.

Delta ~ how is Cooper going?? Any more improvements?? It is terrible when they are in pain, quite often you can feel so helpless. Hope this bout of constipation doesn't hang around long.

Sorry to anyone I have missed....Take Care X

Mummy ~ I'm getting roughly 8 and a half hours sleep each night out of Em which is great. He has taken to waking up 3/4 of the way through the night and I just pop the dummy back in and he goes straight back to sleep.

Vic ~ Thanks for the advice re his feeding. I am getting him weighed today just to make sure that he gaining and then I will continue to go with the flow I think. I didn't think Em would like it in the shower with me but now that you've mentioned it I might give it a go.

Well girls I am due for lunch somewhere at 12 and I haven't even showered yet so I better get a wriggle on! I'm having lunch at Snakes and Ladders which should be good as I've never been there before. I'm getting Em weighed while I'm out and I'm also going to buy a different teat (yet again) just to make sure he isn't just a lazy feeder or something. (the teats I've got he actually has to suck to get anything out). Will BBL.

Vic, just quickly, yep I take Darcy in the shower with me all the time. Either that or in the bath with me. I'm too short for the baby bath on the bench, and I figure it saves me doing it another time.

Jodie - nice chatting on MSN this morning, always short lived with children hey!

Nat - sorry I can't help with your feeds but I think at the end of the day you will know what is right.

Vic - Wade showers with Lachie, and I bath with him, or he has a bath alone in his baby bath that he is quickly outgrowing. He is a slippery little sucker, but think that is our only option soon enough!

Hey I bled yesterday after DTD, guessing this is normal?????

What kind of temp do you have the water on in the shower when you take bubs in with you? I generally have my shower hot but I obviously wouldn't have it that hot if I bought Em in with me. And do you girls so this when your partners are around or when you are by yourselves? Thanks!!

SNAP Sheree - how are ya babe? Good to hear from you! I think it is normal to bleed a little afterwards. Was it alot? I started spotting after DP & I DTD the other week but I think thats more to do with the implanon. Which doesn't really help you LOL.

I totally agree Vic! She gets her face and hands washed and when I worked in the nICU they only got a bath every week on Wednesday nights.
    Nat I do it when DH is around to take her so I can finish. The midwives told us that the baby should be able to tolerate the same temp as mum as long as it isn't too hot.

Sheree, don't know haven;t gone there, but good on all of you who have. I have gynae issues 'down there' and a nerve disorder. It's been so long, I'm a little bit scared it will hurt too much and I'll never want to do it again.....

Just wanted to hop on and say - FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY, DARCY HAS SETTLED HERSELF. SHE'S BEEN LYING ON THE SPARE BED FOR THE LAST HALF AN HOUR AND HAS GONE TO SLEEP!!!!! YAAAAAAYYYY! Might have to try this more often instead of wrapping her.....

Well, I went out house hunting again today, yeah I know I'm supposed to be putting a flat up in my aunts backyard! Went to the main real estate in town and they have on the blackboard out the front 3 bedroom house for rent $145 per week!So, I go in and ask if there were any houses for rent and they said no!Apparently , that one went on Friday!!!!
    Went to another real estate agent and they haven't had any for months!

On another note, took Pat to be weighed today( as per DHS's orders) and Pat is now up to 3.34kg, which is weird because he was only 3.1kg on Thursday and he has never put on that much weight!

Jack is supposed to be going on camp on Wednesday but last Saturday when he went to the Collingwood match with my aunt and his brother, he decided to wander off away from my aunt a couple of times and then started talking to strangers. I don't feel like sending him to camp just for them to say we are sorry but he wandered off. Now I know I sound neurotic but even if we ar ewalking into town he wanders off, something just has to catch his eye and he will go and check it out! Yeah, there will be teachers there but only two teachers for 20 students, Jack needs constant supervision! Now I'm rambling so I'll leave it here!

Kellee Guest

Oh gosh, you gals can really chat up a storm! I don't think I'll get around to doing too many personals but I'll try to write about what I remember...

Re: dtd - yay for those of you who have! Toby is six weeks three days today and we haven't yet. I have to admit though that it isn't because of any 'problem' - I think everything is ok. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to my post-baby body. I think it's more that I'm 9 kg overweight and I worked so hard to lose 23 kg the first time around - it's just not as exciting to lose it again, and I don't really feel like I'm 'myself'. I know we'll get back there again. Poor DH!

I was wondering for those who recommended the coloxyl drops - is it for wind pain too? Toby is such a good bub except for when he has wind pain. He self settles most times (sometimes he kicks up a fuss but then he goes off on his own), but the times that he's unsettled he farts away like crazy and kicks his legs up and cries in pain. The poor thing. We've tried Marina and Infant's Friend and nothing has any lasting effect.

Glad to hear that Patrick has put on weight, Jess! Hopefully that's a sign that the tide has turned.

Poor little Phoebe, Mummy. I hope you're all feeling better soon.

Go Darcy! That's great news, Kim. I hope she continues to settle herself too.

Shazz - yep, let's lose that weight together! We can do it! Even though it's not much fun being over the weight you want to be, I'm kinda glad that a few of you are having the same struggles so we can do it together.

Jodie - that's cool about ACA. When will you be on? And has Pinky given you good advice? You'll have to tell us all her secrets.

Sara - congratulations on the birth of Briley! I was wondering where you'd been - I'm glad that you're doing well. I haven't posted a birth story on BB, but if you visit my blog (the www link on here) and go to the post entitled 'Introducing...' you can read about it if you like. I'll read yours when I get a chance.

Alison - glad that Cooper's constipation isn't too bad now.

Lea - how do you stretch Em's feeds out? I have trouble stretching Toby out. He's in pain so much that I often confuse pain cries for hunger cries, and then the times I think "oh no, I'll wait and see if he's really hungry" he ends up actually being hungry and then I feel bad for making him wait. *sigh* Hope it's working for you both. Did you have a nice lunch?

Jovi - I was under the impression that you were going back to work 40 hours a week... but 3.5 hours isn't too bad at all. Bugger that doctor - I have heard people say that about teething pain too, but I have my wisdom teeth coming through atm and it bloody hurts, so how could a whole set of new teeth coming through not hurt a baby?! What an idiot.

Charlie is staying at Mum's again tonight. He had a shocking sleep - he usually sleeps from around 7 or 8 at night until 7 or 8 in the morning, but Toby waking up wakes Charlie up and he gets very sad. He's been up since around 6 and he had a veyr broken sleep. This is becoming more regular and he's so grumpy all day because he's tired, so we thought that it would do him good to sleep straight through. Wish we could sleep straight through too! Hopefully Toby will have a better night. It's not so much the lack of sleep but not being able to help him which sucks.

Anyway, we're having a very late dinner tonight - I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon and didn't wake up until about 6 so I got dinner on too late. It's slow cooked lamb shanks in a maple syrup and red wine sauce and it takes a few hours so it's only almost ready now! Better go and do the veggies. Hope you are all well, and sorry to those I missed - my brain is not working!

Lea, you mentioned buying another teat for Em as the ones you had he had to suck to get anything milk out. Which teat were you using? All the newborn or slow flow teats I have tried with cooper still seem to be too fast. I have been using a Haberman feeder and LOVE it, but at $30-$50 a bottle, I dont want to have to buy more. The Haberman is a teat that the baby has to suck to get milk out of and they are in control of the flow. I want a cheaper bottle with the same affect. Does that make sense?? I'm haven't come across any other brand that have a teat like that.

Bellasmum, firstly good luck with the househunting. Secondly, I see your point about Jack going on camp, but from a teachers point of view he will be fine. Although there may be only 1 teacher per 20 students, most camps have qualified organisers and so groups are reduced in numbers. Each group may have approx. 8 students which is easily managed. Some schools also take parent helpers along on camp to help in the groups. If Jacks school do this, perhaps you could request he is in a group with 2 aduklts, an extra pair of eyes and arms might be handy. I suggest you arrange a meeting with the camp co-ordinator and discuss your concerns. Camp is such a good experience for kids, I hate to see them miss out. Good luck with it all.

Kim, well done on getting Darcy to settle herself. Hope it continues. Cooper settles himself most of the time when I put him to bed, but Tony does things differently, so he probably gets confused. It saves so much time in your day when they settle themselves.

Cooper was weighed today by the MCHN and he is 5.49kgs!!! He is absolutly thriving and is spot on in everything such as length, weight, head size etc. So all good there. As for the constipation, I have been putting an extra 10ml of water into his bottles when I make them. I have also been massaging his belly and offering him water during the day. He is on the improve. I wont go into detail but things are better The nurse told me to keep doing what I have been doing and to avoid things like coloxyl drops if I can. I will see how he goes for another few days, if it isnt back to normal, then I will get the drops.

Other than that, nothing else to report on.

Hope you are all well,

Kellee ~ whats your plan of attack on the weight issue
    i am walking every day except wednesdays with another mum from my kids school who also had a bub recently and i'm trying my hardest to eat healthy and drinking plenty of water oh and DH is looking at getting me an exercise bike on loan ryan is loving our walks that has become his morning sleep time he knows when i put him in the pram i'm sure he snuggles in

well i'm off to bed night every one

I had a great time at Snakes & Ladders. I didn’t realise how loud the kids can get lol. Poor Em got a bit of a shock. It was good for him though and he still managed to have a nap and a feed without getting distracted at all. He also played in the balls for a bit lol. I also managed to get Em weighed while I was out and he now weighs 5.27 kgs which I am happy with! So he has put on 400g in a week and a half after all that worry. I still got a new teat to try though (a Pigeon one) and he took 150mls in 10 mins which was great. He didn’t have any wind problems either. I will see how he goes over the next few feeds and I may change permanently. I am getting a lovely expensive collection of teats now LOL.

Vic ~ Em doesn’t get washed everyday either. Normally every second! He never really gets dirty though you’re right. The shower thing sounds interesting. I may have to try getting him ready for the shower, jumping in myself then getting out to grab him then get out together…. I don’t have an ensuite and Em screams once he’s out of the water until he is dressed. I will try it when DP is around first though I think!

Kim ~ Congrats on getting Darcy to self settle you must be rapt!!!

Jess ~ Glad to hear Patrick is gaining weight! And YAY for house hunting – you must be so happy! I’m sure Jack would be fine.

Sara ~ Read Kellee’s birth story – it is definitely worth it! In fact Kellee you should copy and paste it into a birth story thread – I think everyone would love it!!

Kellee ~ LOL I do the same thing with Em. TBH I didn’t really do anything to stretch it out – I just wasn’t as quick to offer the bottle IYKWIM. Today we were all over the joint again but we’ll see how we go tomorrow with the new teats and all. I hope Charlie gets a good nights sleep – I’m sure he’s thrilled to be sleeping at his Nans LOL. OMG I wish I had dinner at your place – I had reheated pizza hehe!

Alison ~ OMG @ $30-$50 a bottle – no wonder you’re looking for something cheaper. I was using the Tommee Tipee ones – I can’t remember what they are called though. The milk doesn’t come out at all unless bubs sucks. I can’t even squirt the milk out with my fingers. I got them from Big W and Woolworths. If you’re having trouble finding them I can always get some and send them over for you if you like! Glad to hear that Cooper is improving with his feeds as well.

Shazz ~ That is great that you are walking every day. Its so cold here I’m never really motivated though I should be. I should get a new headset and rechargeable batteries for my walkman and then I could listen to music and I’d probably go more often. Em would probably sleep through it as well which should be great. I’m actually thinking of joining the gym. The gym I want to join has a crčche which is free for members which would be handy for when I couldn’t get DP or someone else to watch Em.

Well I started this early this evening and then was interrupted. DP came and picked Em up so I could have my precious few hours alone on a Monday. So I vacuumed, mopped and dusted among a few other things. An hour or so after they left I checked my phone and there was a missed phone call from DP so I called back. All I could hear was screaming LOL… so DP drove back because he couldn’t settle Em after having him cry for almost an hour non-stop. Of course he fell asleep in the car and has been an angel since hehe! Cheeky little sod! But I still managed to get my finances sorted and my ironing done. Now all I need to do is my tax… so close!! I’m pretty tired so I think its bed time for me.

Hi to everyone else and big hugs for your bubbas!! Night girls!

Thanks Nat (yet again). I will look out for some Tommee Tippee. I do have some but they are too fast for him, so I will see what different ones they have. I have also been recommended BeBelle. There must be a decent bottle and teat out there that doesnt cost a small fortune. I have a nice collection as well, I have tried soooo many different types and never happy. I will keep looking! Em is a nice healthy weight by the way. Thanks again.

Thats fine Alison. Are they the Tommee Tippee Variflow witha concave head at the tip of the teat?

3 x Tommee Tippee Nuborn standard variflow teats 2 pack These have 2 teats per pack, they are sutiable for 0+ and are one teat for all flow rates. marked as $6.50 ea sell price $3.00 ea Both for $5.00
    Mitch4now has these for sale in the Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted Section HERE. I don't know if you're interested but it would be cheaper and easier to try them that way. OR I could just send you one of mine just to try if you like! I'd wrap it in plastic after sterilizing it and then you could sterilize it when you got it.... that should be alright shouldn't it?? I always just end up buying the teat and not the bottle. I may purchase the bottles with teats ONCE I've figured out what teats Em will keep using. He seems to like the pigeon ones so far. Does anyone have any idea what the difference is with the wide neck bottles?? They seem to be quite popular and I'm just wondering if there is a reason why? Thanks!

ETA ~ BTW don't feel obligated Alison I'm just letting you know the offer is there

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast