Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #4

Default Babies Born May 2006 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May 06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Baby_Crazy05
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3202grams Length - 53 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Jovi Lee
    Baby's Website: none ... yet
    Health Concerns: Loss of weight when she was born but has certainly picked up now

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scrappyfish
    Baby's DOB: 09/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 3oz/ 3260gm - Length - 50.5cm - Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Darcy
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Mummy's pre-eclampsia and toxeamia
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___

Forum Name: Mummy4Life
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 9th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13 1/2 ozs Length -52cm Head Circ -38cm
    Baby's Name: Phoebe Belle
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is just perfect!!!!!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Angelique
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3244grams Length - 49 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Baby's Name: Katerina
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Colic and reflux
    Notes: Can't put her down after 7pm for long HELP.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Midgyt
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB:15 May 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lbs4oz, 49cm, 34.5
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Matthew

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Lea13
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 18 May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7 pound 4, Length - 49 cm, Head Circ – 36 cm
    Baby's Name: Emerson Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Neverplan
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 21/5/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 15oz / 4040gm - Length - 50cm - Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Adam
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Shereejoy
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 22nd May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.88kgs (6lb 5.5oz), 51.5cm Long, 35cm HC
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Lachlan Robert Mcleod
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbubbles/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Our Miracle baby has survived bleeding brown and red from 5 to 8.5 weeks and mummy passing a clot the size of her plam at 11.5 weeks and waking in a pool of red blood and lots of cramping. A true little miracle, our little precious Man

Forum Name: delta_blue
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 24/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 4oz/3740gm Length - 52.5cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Cooper Noel
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: he is beautiful
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Bellasmum
    Baby's DOB: 24th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2430g Length - Head Circ - 32.5
    Baby's Name: Patrick James
    Baby's Website: www.totsites.com/tot/patrickjames
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Still in SCN indefinately due to premature birth (35w + 5days)
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Jodie259
    Baby's DOB: 27th May, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.98kg Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Shaun Shalom
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/jodie259
    Health Concerns: Really healthy, but has sleeping issues
    Notes: 1st baby for me (38y.o), emergency c/section birth

Forum Name: Rachy
    Baby's DOB: 30th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 9lb 2.5ozs, 54cm, 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Krystal Emma
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

Jodie259 Guest

Yeah! I'm first! I've never been first!

Jodie, just had a look at your website. What a cutie and man, you certainly don't look 38! You look fabulous!!

Jodie259 Guest

aaawww thanks scrappyfish! You're tooo kind.
    I have good genes I think - and although I'm a beauty therapist - I don't get to have facials as often as I would like! And although I use good skincare (Ahava) - I don't put it on every day.
    I think I can put it down to: non drinking & non smoking, and avoiding the harsh sun.

Oh, and having a cute husband that's 7 years younger than me certainly keeps me young

Oooh Kellee, exciting news! My walking is paying off- I can do my old pants up!!!!

Hi all. Gosh, seems everyone is sick at the moment or has a very sick bub. Damn this cold weather.

It’s been a while since I posted so I have heaps to catch up on.

Kim, your parcel arrived today. Thank you so much for all of that J&J stuff, it is just fantastic and so nice of you. I hope I can return the favour some time. Sounds like you have had a rough time with the upset tummy. The night you had at home on your own sounds terrible and your poor DH being sick on the side of the road. I have been there before and it is not pleasant. Hope you are feeling better, doesn’t sound like much fun you poor thing. I am so sorry for all the in-laws drama you are having. Hopefully they will wake up to themselves really soon. I also had really heavy AF when it returned last week. Like Lea mentioned, I was using spare maternity pads that’s how bad it was. I hope it settles down next time. I’d forgotten how bad it is, makes me wish I was pregnant again.

Jess, I hope Patrick is getting better with each day. I can’t imagine how you must be feeling with your little one in hospital, it doesn’t help with the mastitis. How awful for you. Stay strong!

Sheree, I am sorry you have had such a rough time lately. I miss our MSN chats, but you know where I am if you need someone to talk to. Thinking of you.

Hi to Jodie. Welcome to May babies. Hope to get to know you and Shaun better. Hopefully his cough gets better soon. Good to hear you are both home and hopefully on the mend.

Lea, you mentioned Em having green poos. Cooper has had dark green poos for a couple of weeks, I didn’t realise this wasn’t normal. What should it be like? Just today he started doing yellow poos again. Now I am confused…has he been unwell and I didn’t know??

Hi to everyone else.

Well, I don’t have much to update you on with Cooper and me. Everything is good and he is being a really good baby. I didn’t cope with the immunisation and fortunately Tony was with me so he stayed and held Cooper while I went for a walk. I was in tears before it was even Coopers turn. When I went back in the nurse told me he was excellent and hardly cried at all. I was so proud of him. He is sleeping well at night, usually 6 hours for the first part then 4 hours. So I am pretty happy and getting enough sleep. We are flying to Sydney in 3 weeks so my family can meet him. I am going to give him a bottle for taking off and landing, for his ears. I assume it is ok to fly with babies, does anyone know if it isn’t safe? I am so excited about going up and seeing everyone. My sister is having a terrible time with her separation from her husband. He is telling their 3 kids some awful things about my sister and they resent her for leaving and therefore giving her hell at the moment. I feel sorry for them. He is an evil man!!! It will be good to be there to support her a little.

OK that has taken ages to do and serves me right for leaving it so long.

Urgh its been one of those days... I feel like I've been chasing my tail all day!! I woke up at 8.53 am.... my drs appt was at 9.10!!! Managed to get there (a little bit late though) and the Dr basically said he's feeds should be normal within a week and that he was constipated and that she wanted a urine sample to make sure there was nothing else wrong. So how do you get a urine sample off an 8 week old?? Well this charming little wee catcher bag that sticks onto his little penis! I came to the conclusion that the Dr had no idea how to use them as when I got home and there was wee everywhere bar the wee catcher... So I went back and got a few more and returned home and put it on and waited for him to wee... and waited... and waited... anyway 2 hrs later I caught a wee successfully and rushed it back to the Dr's. Though I doubt anything is wrong at all as he is back to 6 bottles again - doh!

Jess ~ That’s great news about Pat – I hope he keeps improving!

Shazz ~ Three months already!!! That has flown by! I can’t believe it! I’ve only just realised that our boys were born a month apart exactly! Em is 2 months today!!!

Ange ~ I say let your baby guide you to what she wants! If you want to rock her then rock her. That is just my opinion and I am no professional LOL!

Jodie ~ That is great that you have Shaun home. You must be sooo happy! You reminded me to pick up my sling which I left at a friends place! That’s so exciting that you were chosen but bummer about the timing. Indispensable items??? Let me get back to you on that LOL – I’m a little tired! I can’t seem to find your website either?? Thought I’d have a little squiz if that’s alright?

Kim ~ Just read your advice for Ange and its great – I love it LOL! You are spot on! And YAY for your walking paying off!! I really am going to start some time soon – I had a shocking day today – Maccas for breakfast, KFC for lunch and soft serve for dinner… urgh I feel terrible!!!!

Alison ~ I don’t think anything is wrong with Cooper! Em’s were normally yellow and twice a day and then went to once a day and dark green and quite firm. The Dr said because he was off his feeds he was constipated hence the screaming and crying fits we’ve experienced since his shots. But he was back onto 6 bottles again today so hopefully all that will clear up soon. Unless he seems distressed I’m sure he’s fine! OMG – your poor sister. Break ups are messy enough without involving children – I hope it gets sorted for her. And LOL @ you being more upset then Cooper – it’s a mother’s prerogative!

Well I have my mothers group meeting tomorrow morning and I so don't want to waking up 5 minutes before it starts LOL. So I think its almost my bed time now! Night girls!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Nat ~ Did Em have a doctor's appointment today??? How did he go? Hope everything is good. With the pixifoto's you don't need an appointment or anything. They are there all day from 9am - 5pm. The session costs $10.95 and you receive a gift of a 25cm x 33cm (10" x 13") colour photo, regardless of whether you purchase any photos. When I took Samuel when he was 4 months old, I received the gift colour photo and to purchase the entire package was $390. For babies as young and Em and Phoebe, they have props and little seat type things that they can be layed in or sitting up slightly.

Angelique ~ If Katerina settles to sleep being held or rocked, they just go with that. Don't panic to much about the self settling...that will eventually come with time.

Well not much to report from me, just that little miss Phoebe has been sleeping 10 & 11 hrs staight a night...(sorry), but I just can't keep that one to myself, I am absolutely rapped. She is so different to my son, who was a night time waker until he was 10 months old.

Hi to everyone.....Take Care X

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Nat ~ you must have been posting at the same time I was...LOL. I know what you mean with the little wee catcher bags. I had to use one on Samuel when he was 4 months old. A bit tricky aren't they. I had to give the doctor's a second sample a few days later because I managed to contaminate the sample the first time round (don't know how). I doubt anything is wrong with Em, better to be safe I guess.

Mummy ~ I think I will try my luck on Friday! It sounds as thought its worth a shot for $11. You can buy the photos seperately though can't you - rather then in a package? OMG @ Phoebe sleeping that long - looks as though you've struck gold!! Getting the sample was pretty funny -I hope I didn't contaminate it LOL. I spose I'll find out soon enough!

Vic ~ I'm glad that you got the second opinion. Poor little Adam!! I can't believe that Dr - that is disgusting. How could you tell that to someone?? I would have been absolutely freaking out - how was your friend? Thanks so much for the consipation advice. He seems to be back to normal now that he is back to feeding as per normal. The Dr gave me no advice at all so I really appreciate it. Congrats on the decision to cut back on work - I hope you're less stressed and able to handle it all now.

Well I've been to my mothers group again and had a ball. Just about to watch a movie and do some ironing before heading to my mums and a friends. I also have to stop into Big W and get an address book and some ink for my printer! Hopefully I'll manage to not spend more money on clothes for Em!! He is one spunky monkey my son - and his mother is going to be broke soon enough if she doesn't stop spending money on him!! Though while I'm there I may pop into Woolies as they have Huggies nappies - 2 for $30 which is great as they're normally $20 each! Hope everyone is having a great day! Middle of the week already - boy is time flying!!!

Time is not flying Nat. I wish this crappy week was over. The monster has decided to start fussing with her feeds and has gone from 6hours total sleep per day to about 2!! She screams all the time and WILL NOT settle. Her father has no patince to settle her and basically says "i can't" so I'm left pacing the floor. He just plays his playstation! Though I have been waking him at 8am and handing her over and saying see you for the next feed. I go and hop into the spare bed and put the pillow over my head - works a treat!

A tip for all future wee samples (and remember I've collected a few in my former life at the kids hospital). Go to the chemist and buy a 3ml syringe and a couple of packets of sterile cotton balls. Next time you change them, open the cotton ball without touching them and put them in the nappy near the urethra (wee hole). Keep checking for wee until you get one (before they poo). Open the syringe without touvhing anywhere near the tip and place it into the wee soaked cotton balls and draw back. Then just deposit in the urine jar. It'll take a couple of extractions in the balls to get enough but you only actually need a few mls for a sample and it's better than a wee bag, and if you think boys are hard imagine the girls!!

Vic in relation to the bronchiolitis we used to use humidified air to give some relief when it got too bad, as sometime heaters and ac make it hard for them to breathe.

Alison, no problem.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Shereejoy - Regarding your boobs not feeling full – when I was breastfeeding I noticed this too, but Jovi seemed to keep feeding and I didn’t worry too much. However in my case I was actually losing my supply and she eventually went onto the bottle. As long as bub is continually putting on weight there’s nothing to worry about, but I would talk to your GP if you’re really worried.

Jodie259 – Sorry to hear the Shaun has brochialitis. We were worried a couple of weeks ago that Jovi was getting it, but she was just snuffly.

What are the indespensible items that you have used with your newborn? The Dummy! Normally calms her down straight away if she starts screaming and kicks it up a notch to migraine level.

Lea13 – I pretty much figured out that Jovi was constipated. After a few does of Infants Friend her poos went back to normal on the third day. Have you tried Infants Friend? I have found that it comes with a lot of good recommendations and is good for just about everything (wind – both ends, constipation, teething etc).

Angelique – I don’t know where we’d be without rocking! Jovi occasionally (very occasionally) self settles, but she used have to be rocked for ages to go off to sleep. Now, thankfully, we just give her a cuddle and rock her for about 5 minutes and she’s out like a light. She still has her moments, but if she needs to be rocked, she gets it. When she gets a bit older we’ll start to self settle, but until then!

Neverplan – Regarding constipation and formula – I agree! We have Jovi on Nan, but in the week she became constipated we had to by Nan Gold as it was the only that I could find. I didn’t want to switch brands as a lot of them I had heard cause constipation (from rellies and friends). Getting her back on to just the regular Nan today, but I had to go to every supermarket (incl. Big W and Kmart) today just to find it! So basically by the 6th shop and DH basically climbing the shelves to grab it, we finally got some … and bought 2 cans! Why don’t people restock their shelves??

Jovi’s doing really well. She’s been sleeping a lot more (like she should be!) since her Granny was here … luckily for us she kept the habit. Now we change, feed, play for about half and hour or so then we sleep! She’s been asleep now since her last feed – about 2 hours, which is pretty good for her day time sleeps.

I went and had her weighed again today, basically to put my mind at ease that she’s still putting on weight … another 200 grams! Woo hoo! So now she’s up to 4550g … so impressed, and she’s into the 10 pound mark! YEAH!!!

So I think I can be rest assured that she going to continue to put on weight now. The nurse said she won’t have to come back again until her needles … IN ABOUT 5 WEEKS!!! OMG! She’s 11 weeks tomorrow and due for her needles at 16 weeks. Insane!

Jovi has always been really strong in her legs – when you hold her until her arms she will put weight on her legs (little bugger). Yesterday during tummy time, although she still needs to put on the muscle and strength in her arms … she got on her knees! I was so shocked and impressed … then was like “What are you doing you little bugger! You’re way too little!” … I crawled at 4.5 months and I say she’ll be the same. Was cute, but a little bit shocking.

Hmmmm … spoke to soon about the sleeping … she just woke up! lol

Awwww Kim - sending you big hugs sweety! Ouch @ DH too - sounds as though you've found a solution in the mornings though! The wee bag wasn't too bad in the end - I caught the first one. But your way does sound easier. I can't imagine what I would have done if Em was a girl lol!

Baby_Crazy 05 ~ Glad to hear that Jovi is sleeping well. I barely get 30 mins sleep out of Em during the day! Today I got about that and I was cheering! That's excellent she's putting on weight as well. And OMG at her getting up on her knees! Thats amazing!!! I think you're going to have an early crawler on your hands! I haven't tried Infants Friend but alot of people seem to use it so I might pick some up so I have it handy!

Well I finished off my ironing and organized Em's clothes. He has grown out of a bag already! Now I just have to sort out his change table which is a mess! But not right now! I am having dinner with my parents and I need to stop in at Big W for a few things before I go there. I will pop back in later tonight and see if anyone has been in! Have a great night girls!

Well only just home from the hospital because I wanted some answers on how my little man was. Paed wouldn't come in while we were there because he doesn't like us, so the Paed Doctor explained that he will be hopefully coming home in the morning depending on how he is tonight!Otherwise, he is off the oxygen and they have dropped his feeds to 30ml every 2-3 hrs, don't ask me why they dropped him from 50ml every 2-3 hrs to 30 cause I have no friggen idea!
    For those of you with babies who are snuffly, please keep an eye on them.Bronchiolitis is a not a diagnosis to take lightly, If bubby starts having trouble breathing please take them to Accident and Emergency/Casualty immediately, if we had even been one extra day getting there Patrick wouldn't have been able to breathe at all and it would have turned into pneumonia. So please be careful.

I totally agree with Jess. Bronchiolitis is an inflammation of the bronchioles (air passages in the lungs). The inflamation makes them produce excess mucous and become red and irritated. Irritation causes swelling and swelling leads to toruble breathing. Blue babies aren't a good thing.

good evening girls

hope you are all well and your beautiful bubba's are behaving i've just read all the posts since last time i was here but i have forgotten everything i read ( when o when will my brain return ) i'm about to head to bed as i have to be in toowoomba at 7.30 am tomorrow ( a 45 min drive ) to line up for the target toy sale I think i'm going to regret this outing but we will see how we go so nighty night hopefully Ryan will be good for his mum and sleep well tonight so we are both refreshed for our shopping trip

I spoke to Sara on MSN tonight and she was going to post here, but she hasn't, so I thought I would fill you all in on her. (hope she doesnt mind) She still does not have a computer so doesnt get online much now.

She was due on 30th May and had a baby girl on 5th June. It was an 8 hour labour I think. Her name is Briley. That's all I found out as I had to get Cooper to sleep. So there you go....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast