Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #4

Hi girls!!

Well i finally worked out how to put a picture on my ticker! With a little help ofcourse!! So now everyone will be able to see my little blossom. Hope you all think she is as beautiful as we do.

So i was able to get a resonable nights sleep last night. Briley is still struggling a little with the evening colic. I went and bought some gripe water lastnight so we'll see this evening wether it helps or not. She is really starting to eat heaps now. She woke for a bottle at about 1am and had 100mls and was still hungry so i made another bottle and she had another 100mls. She must have been starving!! Her eyes are getting a little better and her belly button has pretty much healed.

I am in Cairns this weekend visiting my cousin Kristal. Brent has gone out onto the reef fishing. So hopefully I will be chowing down on some fresh reef fish on sunday night. Mmm Mmm!!! Today we went to Myers so that Kristal could buy Briley an outfit. We found one that was absolutely gorgeous. We also got her a little bow to put around her head and some white and pink frilly laced socks!! We are going to take some photos of her soon in her new outfit.

I am still bleeding quite heavily after 10 days. My stomach is still tender to touch so i am going to go to the dr's on monday. I am beggining to think its a bit out of the ordinary. I have been experiencing some cramping aswell. Nothing severe but a little painful. Did everyone else heal up ok???

Anyways hope all is going well with everyone. Will be back next week to keep you posted on the bleeding situation. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Talk then.

Ciao

Sara

She is just lovely Sara! I love all the girly clothes too. Darcy is rarley out of pink.

Sara ~ Briley is just a sweety congratulations

good morning all hope you all have a relaxing sunday geez i hope mine is Ryan had a horrible horrible night din't go to bed till 10pm and then was up every hour i usually have him in bed at 6.30pm and he sleeps till 2am so a major difference we will see what tonight brings be back later off to the markets now

Quiet in here today, hope you are all enjoying the w/e. It is a beautiful sunny day of 19 degrees here in Sydney.

Darcy is finally in a routine!!! Last night we had to keep her up until 8. Normally she goes to bed about 5 and sleeps until midnight, but we had to keep her up as we were out. She went ot bed at 8.30 after a feed and slept until 4. Then she went back down until 6.30 when all she wanted was a cuddle so we snuggled for another hour. I got 7 hours sleep!!! In a row!! I was so refreshed I contemplated staying up after the 4am feed - stupid!

I feel like I'm finally getting it. Have left her unwrapped this arvie so hopefully she is awake at 8 so I get another good sleep. Here's hoping...

Sorry just a quick post, been away and have to unpack! Haven't read the posts, plan to go back and catch up on what has been happening if lachie allows me to tomorrow.

I am having so many problems feeding Lachie, he is refusing the boob alot! I can't get him to attach and the time we do attach we are doing nothing different, so I am stuffed if I know! It is so frustrating, we went away for the weekend and at 2 peoples places we got so frustrated that I had to ask the people we were visiting if I could use their bathroom to go and express - how embarrassing. He cries and just won't attach, but then all through the night feeds he is ok, really bad after his medicine in the morning and night too. He just won't initiate the let down, seen a lactation consultant and she suggested I hand express to get the let down, but that still doesn't work. I can't go on expressing forever, it is sooo not convenient, so if things don't improve I can see us giving up. I really don't want to and this really upsets me but I gather happy bubba, happy mumma!

Also I have to go off all dairy, appears as well as the reflux Lachie is intolerant to the protein in cows milk! His poos are explosive, mucousy and have green chunks. So I have to do this for atleast a mth and see if things improve. You just don't realise how hard this is, dairy is a big component of my diet and I am finding it sooo hard to eat these days!!!

Well we just went away for the weekend, looking at another newsagency, looks like this one is a goer and we will be taking over in Dec/Jan. The town is small but nice, by the name of Tieri.

Hope everyone is well.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Scrappy - Cloth nappies are brilliant! I find that some days she doesn't need to be changed as often, say only just before a bottle. Other times, if she's been awake for ages after a bottle I'll change her anyway just before I put her down so she doesn't have an excuse to wake up lol

Washing ... easy ... buy a bucket (20L is good size), fill with water, put in napisan (or similar), just chuck your nappies in there throughout the day. Rinse out in the washing machine the next day and refill bucket.

Poo-wise - Jovi's pretty good and hasn't had a blow out since she was a few weeks old. Liners are a wonderful invention (I recommend Johnsons ... although they're a bit expensive @ $8 a pack of 100, I cut them in half and they're worth it). Jovi will only get a litte on the actual nappy. Bit of a rinse and in the bucket and they have never stained.

Def. cheaper! Napisan can be a bit costly (though usually homebrand is just as good if you have to buy) but it will last weeks which is good.

Ohhh Vic - I know exactly what you mean, I do not love nor hate BF I am only doing it for the benefit of Lachie but when he fights it soooo much I wonder why do I bother. I think initially for me when he cried soooo much at my boob from the reflux after a feed, there was no satisfaction at all for me. For you, you poor thing, having all those kids and no rest, must be soooo draining I feel for you. I only have one child and I too just want a days break, just to disappear and come back in a day, when my head is clear. Your advice is exactly how I feel, we both need to be happy, so you should also take that on board and do what you think is right. I mean 3mths BF we have really done such a good job, much futher then some people get that is for sure, so I am proud of myself, would like to continue but it is all up to Lachie now. Wow your bubba feeds along time, lachie feeds every 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours generally for about 20mins absolute MAX!!! It is so draining.............

I have worked out about this situation to date that he is good sometimes and bad bad others. I persist and persist and he just cries so much and he is so strong he pushes his legs and hands off me and turns his head. Initially I thought it was the medicine he got jack of, but then he does it spasmatically through the day also, but on average it is just after meds in morning, just after meds in the early evening feed and then the feeds after that before he goes down at 9:30pmish (as I am sure my milk supply is dwindling). I know that he hates the fact that my boobies are all saggy and my nipples are all soft as during the night my boobs fill and they are firm and he can attach properly. I am sure it is not a pain issue and the dairy cutting out is to repair his digestive system only (don't believe it is related to him attaching). I am sure it is a let down issue, but even hand expressing sometimes won't even get him on there. 2nite I had both my boobies out and I was expressing one side, and the other was dripping and wade held him at that boob (with aching arms I might add - while I expressed the other side) and whalaaaa he latched on and stayed there for ages (poor wade). I even tried expressing with my pump to start the let down and put him on directly and that still did not god dam work. I am sure I just have one lazy baby on my hands and he will not initiate this let down, especially as the day dwindles and so does my milk (this does not help). I am sure he latches on at night because he is half asleep and very hungry. It is hard to express when you have no stores and they are so hungry and you have no-one to hold them. Lachie takes so well to the bottle once I express, but I soooo don't want to do this forever. I would like to continue feeding him, but this is just stressing him and I out! I am going to persist for another 2 weeks to get to 3 mths, then I am going to make some choices if things have not improved, like bottle during day and breast at nite. Will wait it out and do this dairy thing and see what happens.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Sheree ~ I know exactly what you are going through....my DS was very much the same. At around 3 1/2 - 4 mnths old he became a very lazy feeder. He wouldn't initiate the let down and I found that I couldn't do it by expressing a little to get it started. My AF also returned around this time and this impacted on the whole situation as well. This began to effect my supply and he began to lose weight. I persisted and persisted and 3 weeks later he went on formula, which I felt extremely guilty about. I continued to BF him for as long as the milk was there, but that didn't last very long. Looking back, I remember when I was pregnant with him, I wanted to BF for at least 6 mnths....I can honestly say that I was quite naive when it came to BF, I believed that it would come naturally, (I'm a woman, why wouldn't it). Once he was born I suddenly realised that it wasn't easy, it doesn't come naturally and BF isn't for everyone. By day 3, I was so sore I just wanted to give up. I made it a total of approxiately 4-4 1/2 mnths and it wasn't until months after that I began to feel proud of my attempt and that I had done the best I could. His first formula feed was given to him by my DH and I remember the instant results, but also how sad it made me feel. As my DD now approachs the age of 3 mnths, I am concerned about facing those problems again, but hopefully my knowledge and experience will lead me to the right decision. You will know when the time is right, you have BF for 2 mnths, you have given his immune system a great kick start, you should be very proud of yourself...I know that the stress, and an unsettled, unhappy baby is very overwhelming. Good luck with it, I don't think I have been of any help, just wanted you to know that I have been there too and I am here to listern and maybe give you some advice if you need it.

Lea ~ how did you first day back at work go???

Hi to those I have missed, hope everyone had a good weekend....Take Care X

Kellee ~ DP was supposed to COOK dinner Thursday night and we ended up having dim sims and a schnitzel pack from the local chip shop LOL! OMG @ Jaffa cakeÖ and brownies!!! I think weíre going to have organize a special meet where we travel interstate lol. With food like that I think it would be worth itÖ Iím getting into cooking now that I have the time but I canít do too much of it. Being only me I tend not to eat it all before its time to throw it away!! YAY for Toby stretching out feeds! And poo for DH being back at work this week. It sounds as though you had a lovely time with him. DP may be taking some holidays soon and I think it will be strangeÖ Iím getting into a routine now and I think he would disrupt that LMAO!!

Tannis ~ The keyring ones would be so great. Iím almost wishing I went to Pixi Photos now just to get them and the wallet sized ones! Oh wellÖ Em has settled down with pooís now but he was sooo bad for awhile there. And LOL @ Jayden playing under his play gym. Em loves his as well especially a new one I bought which flashes lights and plays tunes!!

Kim ~ You could never suck sweety!! That cot light sounds fantastic!! Where did you get it from?? Fiji sounds like a great place to go Iím jealous already! And thatís great that youíre going to a BB meet up. I went to one of our SA ones yesterday and had a blast. The girls are all lovely and Iíve got no reason to doubt that the Sydney girls are any different! Let us know how you go! I checked out your site as well. Works fine and I canít tell you how adorable she is!! Fingers crossed that Darcy keeps sleeping well for you!

Shazz ~ I know what you mean about it not being the same. I know that Jess pops in to chat with her Due in June girls as well. And I have to admit that I rather like having you in here!! I hope Ryan has a better night tonight!

Sheree ~ You are doing so well hun to have persevered for this long with all the trouble you have been having. We will support you either way and at the end of the day you will know what is right. Surprisingly enough it was my midwife that said to me ďYes breast is best but you donít want to look back at this time and not have enjoyed or even be able to remember it because you were so tired and stressed.Ē I thought that was a great piece if advice. BF is a wonderful thing to do and achieve, FF is also a wonderful thing as well. I also know that they have special formulas for reflux as well. And I couldnít stand to cut dairy from my diet!!! That would suck for me you poor thing!! Wow at taking over a new place come the end of the year Ė are you more excited about it this time? The timing seems a lot better!

Vic ~ DP looked after Em while I was at work. He managed quite well and even had a roast chicken ready for dinner when I got back!! I didnít end up joining the gym because I figured I could probably tone up without spending $16.50 @ week. I have to wait until Em is 3 months to put him in the crŤche anyway so I will see how dedicated I am in the next few weeks!

Jess ~ How is Patrick doing now? Did you get a good nights sleep? LOL @ Jack informing you of it being his last camp!

Jodie ~ Sounds as though youíve really benefited from sleep school and having Pinky Mckay visit. Lucky you! I would love to be told how to read signs if you know what I mean, like when theyíre tired, hungry etc. I think I have it worked out and then realise that I donít LOLÖ I know weíre not supposed to know everything but I feel so bad and stupid when I figure out something that has been bleedin obvious for days!! Sounds as though Shaun is discovering the same things as Em!

Beck ~ LOL at your crazy night Ė sounds like lots of fun Jovi sounds like Em in the shower though we had another one today and I got a few smiles out of him. Surprisingly enough I find the shower easier to wash him etc in comparison to the bath! Though I must admit to having visions of him slipping out of my arms!! Good luck going back to work this week! Let us know how it goes! You make cloth nappies seem so easy!! Where do you get the liners from? And how much was your outlay on the cloth nappies??

Sara ~ Briley is just adorable!! How was Cairns? If I had a girl sheíd be in pink all the time too LOL!!! I healed up fine btw Ė I think things are even better then they were before surprisingly.

Mummy ~ Work was the same old same old as Iím sure you know . People turning p[ for shifts they werenít rostered for, mouldy cheese, dirty registers and more mouldy cheese etc etc. D you miss it lmao?? Itís a good job and will hopefully bring me extra $ while I study over the next few years. TBH I canít imagine not working at all Ė Iíve worked two jobs for so long I think I have issues LOL.

Wow I had a lot to catch up on Ė this is a huge post LOL. Itís late and Iím tired LOL so forgive me if parts (or all of it) doesnít make sense. I also have a feeling thereís an awful lot of exclamation marks hehe! Iíve been flat out all weekend Ė at mums Friday night, BB meet up Saturday, my dads Saturday night and then I worked today. Work wasnít too bad. Pretty busy which makes the time go fast! I think what makes it easy is that its only 4 hours and the money I earn is just extra money on the side Ė I donít actually need it IYKWIM. Its going to keep Em in cute clothes I think LOL!! Tomorrow Iím going for my walk and getting a few chores done. Then Iím going to a friends to watch the final of Big Brother! Sad I know LOLÖ

OK a strange item that I absolutely LOVE to deathÖ Aquim Hand Disinfectant. Itís an antibacterial gel that you put on and it drys instantly meaning you donít have to wash your hands or anything. Great for after nappy changes. I love it so much Iíve got a little one for the nappy bag as well! I also love my Baby Bjorn, our new Tummy Time Gym and this really cool wrap someone gave me. Its like a straight jacket and keeps Em all rugged up tight!

Finally just got Em to sleep. Iíve been a bit lazy and the last 2 nights he has slept with me (I love the snuggles!!) but back into his cot tonight!! Will pop in tomorrow girls. Claps to anyone that has it this far!! Night!

morning girls
    how is everyone today

i'm delirious (sp) with lack of sleep but what can you do i think i have figured out whats up with our little guy - his getting his itty bitty teeth apparently i had a spaced out night my hubby informed me this morning that he was scared for his safety last night his version of the story goes like this
    when he came to bed i was apparently awake and watching tv ( i can't remember this at all) he turned the tv off and i rolled over yelling at him to wash the knives and forks in the bath room and when he kept asking me what i was talking about i got angry and started hitting him ( nope don't remember this either ) he got up and shut all the doors so he would hear me get up apparently he reckons incase i decided to get a knife lol Nice ... the trust where is it ( ithink he was feeling guilty for not helping more ) all he could do the morning was laugh at me i really don't think this is funny as i can't remember a thing i do remember getting up to ryan though oh god i need sleep ......
    but on a brighter note
    i go back to work next week for 2 days a week i'm really looking forward to a bit of me time ( i have a cushy job )

OMG Shazz at being delirious. One of the girls at the BB meet said with her first she got like that. Apparently she had her little boy in bed with her and a pillow fell off the side of the bed and she was on the floor hysterical with tears because she'd dropped her baby. Her DH couldn't really work it out LOL... funny in hindsight but scary that you can get that tired. I hope you get some sleep soon! It'll be good to go back to work for 2 days a week too. Do you have family looking after Ryan or is he going into childcare? I really have to remember to book Emerson in for childcare... Otherwise he won't have a place when I need it!!!

I think it might be the same here! I just keep forgetting. There have been a few new ones open up around here. I'm going for a walk today and its on my list of things to look into I'm thinking of booking him in 2 days a week from March next year. Funnily enough I feel sick at the thought of doing it so I hope I'll be alright. I'm hoping to go back to studying rather then full time work next year. Which means I don't have to put Em into full time care which I would prefer. Hmm... just rambling out loud now. Em woke for his bottle then by the time I got back with it he was asleep LOL.

Hi Girls,

Its been a while since I've been on!!
    Scrappy: I wish my work could pay me until March!! I have to go back in October DP would have me back now if he could! I might see if I can go back PT at first and ease myself into it. I'm enjoying being a SAHM tho, more than I thought I would haha. I haven't been overseas yet (hmm, wonder if we've ever get there now). Darcy is a stunner!! All the pics are fantastic especially the professional one of you and DH. I have to get around to getting pics of Jayden on here.

Shazz: DP doesn't like spending money on jewellery either (especially when its not for him haha) I chose a ring that was around $3000 he nearly died!! We ended up with a $1500 that we got half price because we knew the jeweller. Sounds like Ryan is going through a growth spurt.....hopefully he goes back to normal sleeping for you, although one thing I have learnt is just as your getting used to how they sleep and feed etc they change it haha. Jayden was asleep at 7.30pm woke at 1am this morning for a feed and then at 7.30am usually he goes to sleep anywhere between 8.30 and 10.30 and will sleep through til 6am to 8am of couse every few days he changes that and will wake a few times then go back to sleeping thorugh. I hope you get more sleep, can you sleep during the day when Ryan is sleeping? I find it hard to do but if I get that tired I force myself too.

Beck: Hi and thanks for the welcome. We also had a rough few days when we got home from hospital, Jayden had FF a few times as I was convinced I had no milk for him. I had to keep expressing after every feed to try and boost it up again. It did work and now I am exclusively BF but I am having the same feeling now that I don't have enough milk, if Jayden sleeps through the night we are usually ok because after 12hours I am nearly bursting but even after 6 hrs it doesn't feel like there is enough there, I'll keep trying though (least it doesn't hurt like it used to haha). Jayden is still in 0000 but the bonds wondersuits he is now in 000...actually anything Bonds is 000 now. I squeezed him into a pair of overalls last week that were 00000 as he hadn't worn them yet and my Mum bought it for him.....poor kid had a nappy wedgie LOL.

Bellasmum: It'll be his last camp until the next one no doubt haha I guess the first camp would be hard on both of you.

Sara: How was Cairns? Did you get heaps of fish to eat? My DP went fishing last week but only caught enough for the cat Since the birth I bled heavily for about 2 weeks (using maternity pads) then it got lighter and could use regular pads and then eventually just a liner was enough all up it was about 5 weeks til it completley stopped. The cramping is just the uterus contracting isn't it? It contracts especially when BF or is your cramping different to that? I found standing up after I had been sitting or laying down for a while very painful, it felt like my inside were going to fall out haha that eased up after about a week or 2. Hope your feeling better!!

Sheree: Did you see Alison (lactation consultant)? I found her very good, I saw her for 5 or 6 weeks.
    Jayden is mucking around on the boob again, after about 5mins he detaches and then goes back on and detaches again, this will go on for about 10 mins after that if he hasn't attched and feeding properly I take him off completly. He'll cry a little, I burp him and then he goes to sleep or has play time, so I'm guessing he isn't that hungry. We are still monitoring his weight so we get him checked at child health tomorrow, if he is still putting on weight all is good but if he's not I will have to persist longer with him maybe as some feeds are between 5 and 10mins, it doesn't seem long enough but he will last for another 3-5 hrs!

Lea: Jayden's gym has lights and music too, he just loves it....I put him in there at 10am this morning for tummy time and he fell asleep (he was due for a feed around 10.30am he has slept through it) and he is still sleeping now at midday!! I've had heaps to catch up on too, i've been typing for well over an hour!! I get lazy with Jayden and if DP is on night shift Jayden gets into bed with me...its much warmer haha.
    Yesterday I had a shower and Jayden woke up while I was in there, so after I got out I climbed back into bed with him to get him back to sleep and we both fell asleep for 2 and half hours (we must have needed it hehe).

We are going to have a lazy day today. Yeaterday was meant to be the lazy day but we went to the beach with one of my 6 SIL's and her psycho dogs, it was good doing all the walking but I ruined it by having fish n chips there haha ahh well, I'm slowly getting back to pre-preg weight...shape on the other hand is not even close LOL. I'm off to have some lunch before this lil man wakes up

I'll check in later and see if I forgot to reply to anything...(anyone still get baby brain?? I have it bad!!)
    Have a good day everyone

Just seeing if my ticker has worked........Jayden is still sleeping, I want to wake him up (I'm getting bored!! LOL)

Oh Shazz, you poor thing!! Nasty DH for laughing - you could have hurt yourself. Good to hear about working too. Give's you something to look forward to. Hope the teeth come swiflty.

Speaking of teeth, Beck did Jovi's come down?

Sheree, sweetie it sounds like you already have it sorted out in your head. I commend you. You're right, we have done it for three months and it's a great start, but man when do you start to get yourself back? i never thought I'd get this far either. Great news about the new newsagency, are you excited?

Nat, I got the cot light as a pressie, but I've seen it at Target. It's only about $17 and I'm going to get one for my girlfriend who is about to have a bub. Got to hear the working bit wasn't too bad.

Hi to all you other girls too. Thanks so much for the compliment Tania.

My monster seems to have settled down and found her groove. She is much happier and instead of demand feeding she fits better with a routine, so that's what I am doing. Even if she gets off it one feed in the night she seems to get back to the regular time the next one. She had an hour's sleep in the middle of the day today....and now is rolling away from her Sesame St Play gym.....better be off haha

Wow Vic what a big boy you have there, bf and all! What a trooper.

Tannis, hi there, you are new to the group??? I see you are from Bundaberg. Yes I saw Alison and hopefully will see her next week also, if things haven't improved by then I will have to call it a day, this is not doing either of us any good. She suggested I feed him off both boobs thruout the day to increase my milk production and hand express a little off to get him to attach, but sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't!!!! This is really doing my head in, but I will be so upset if I have to give up too! So where in Bundaberg do you live, I use to live at Avoca.

Oh and Shazz that is hilarious, I am the same so delerious it aint funny.

Thanks to those re: comments on BF I really appreciate it, I thought it was meant to get better getting close to the 3 mth mark, not harder!!!!

And yes this newsagency is better timing for us this time. It is a nice small town and yes we are looking forward to it, it will be the best thing for Wade as he is so unhappy in his job and it is what he has always wanted to do.

KIm so glad Darcy is settling down for you, send some of those vibes this a way would ya. Borrowed a friends baby bjorn to trial and he is asleep in it on my chest at present! I can't get him into a routine other then last feed at night around 8:30pm and off to sleep within the hour for between 4-6 hours. How do you get them into a routine, when everyday is different and they will only sleep when they want to sleep. I have such a catnapper here! Oh and I meant to ask you Kim, did you end up getting AF, I think I have I didn't think you were meant to get them back this soon. Mine is more then spotting but not as bad as a period. Been going on and off since Sunday week ago when we DTD. What tha.........
    Last edited by shereejoy; July 31st, 2006 at 01:54 PM.

Neverplan: Jayden has big feet too he fits into 6mth size socks, but the rest of him is 0000 and 000 haha he'll grow into his feet

Sheree: Yes I'm new here. If you can see her for as long as possible she will get you through it. I know how frustrating it is, you could try FF and BF give you time to fill up, I seem to take ages to fill up enough for Jayden. With attachment have you tried different positions? Nothing will work if your not relaxed though so if FF is the only way there is no harm in it either. Sounds like your going through a similar thing to what I did and sort of still am (I'm thinking of going back to see Alison). I live East Bundy, what made you move to Gin Gin? I've been in Bundy for about 18mths and haven't been to Gin Gin yet haha.

Can't believe Jayden is still sleeping, I fed him at 7.30am (off both sides about 5 mins each) he slept for about an hour and woke up he had tummy time and fell asleep at about 10am and is still sleeping now!!! He's missed nearly 2 feeds!! He is stiring a little now, hopefully he wakes up

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast