Went to Lactation consultant (Allison) on Friday and well we are no further advanced. Last time I went Lachie didn't play up alot (just a little), but on Friday he was in fine form and she just couldn't believe what sort of trouble I was having. She agrees that it is possibly what the CHN said that he is associating my boob to the reflux pain but is also a very lazy bubba and won't work for that let down. She showed me how to compress my breast and we also tried giving him the bottle and me holding him in a football position and taking the bottle away to quickly put him on the boob. Appeared to work a little better but not great. Something we could work on really. But she could see how upset he was and how stressed this is making me and suggested that I give the whole boob thing a couple of weeks rest and just express and give him the bottle only, rather then perservering with putting him on the boob, then heating and giving him the bottle then expressing. She said what I am doing every 2 hours is very draining and I should just heat bottle, feed him the EBM and then express. Then in a couple of weeks you never know he might just go back on. The only problem I have with this is that I am going home to Mackay to see all the family with my sister, we are driving and I wanted this all sorted out by then. Doesn't appear that is what is going to happen now, but I just want what is best for him and both our sanity. So if in two weeks he is still playing up I am not going to try and put him on the boob again, it is just too hard!!! So I will take each day at a time and if I can keep expressing I will, but if I can't then I might do half EBM and half formula, but if too I get sick of expressing then formula it is. I just don't want to beat myself up about the decision I make, so I will just take each day as it comes and see what happens for now. I always said when we started having these problems I would like to get to 3 mths and we are fast approaching and if I can go further that will be a bonus. I would like to go further but we will see what happens. He seems to be taking well to the prescription formula (neocate) the one that has no cows milk and is very tasteless (thank god - don't need any more dramas).
The lactation consultant would like for me to keep in touch with her via email and she said she would support me either way I go from here as she can see how hard it is and how much he cries/screams. Their is a reflux support group here that I might join maybe someone else is going through something similar and might be of some assistance.
Gotta run he has an upset tummy today, like he did last night, think my EBM has remenents of a piece of spicy chicken wing that I ate!!!!!!! Grrr.... Just not sure which bottle it is in now and this EBM is like GOLD to me. I just can't win!!!
Last edited by shereejoy; August 6th, 2006 at 11:36 AM.
Bookmarks