Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Default Babies Born in May 2006 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May 06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Forum Name: missbexy27
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd of May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 6.58kg Length – 60cm Head Circ - wouldn’t have a clue!!!
    Gender of Baby:
    Male
    Baby's Name: Mason
    Baby's Website:
    http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/masongm
    Health Concerns: None – so far
    Notes: He is our little ray of sunshine!

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Baby_Crazy05
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3202grams Length - 53 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Jovi Lee
    Baby's Website: none ... yet
    Health Concerns: Loss of weight when she was born but has certainly picked up now

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scrappyfish
    Baby's DOB: 09/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 3oz/ 3260gm - Length - 50.5cm - Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Darcy
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Mummy's pre-eclampsia and toxeamia
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___

Forum Name: Mummy4Life
    Baby's DOB: 9th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13 1/2 ozs Length -52cm Head Circ -38cm
    Baby's Name: Phoebe Belle
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is just perfect!!!!!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Angelique
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3244grams Length - 49 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Baby's Name: Katerina
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Colic and reflux
    Notes: Can't put her down after 7pm for long HELP.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Midgyt
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB:15 May 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lbs4oz, 49cm, 34.5
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Matthew

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Lea13
    Baby's DOB: 18 May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7 pound 4, Length - 49 cm, Head Circ – 36 cm
    Baby's Name: Emerson Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Neverplan
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 21/5/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 15oz / 4040gm - Length - 50cm - Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Adam
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Shereejoy
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 22nd May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.88kgs (6lb 5.5oz), 51.5cm Long, 35cm HC
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Lachlan Robert Mcleod
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbubbles/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Our Miracle baby has survived bleeding brown and red from 5 to 8.5 weeks and mummy passing a clot the size of her plam at 11.5 weeks and waking in a pool of red blood and lots of cramping. A true little miracle, our little precious Man

Forum Name: delta_blue
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 24/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 4oz/3740gm Length - 52.5cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Cooper Noel
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: he is beautiful
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Bellasmum
    Baby's DOB: 24th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2430g Length - Head Circ - 32.5
    Baby's Name: Patrick James
    Baby's Website: www.totsites.com/tot/patrickjames
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Still in SCN indefinately due to premature birth (35w + 5days)
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Jodie259
    Baby's DOB: 27th May, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.98kg Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Shaun Shalom
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/jodie259
    Health Concerns: Really healthy, but has sleeping issues
    Notes: 1st baby for me (38y.o), emergency c/section birth

Forum Name: Rachy
    Baby's DOB: 30th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 9lb 2.5ozs, 54cm, 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Krystal Emma
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with our old thread found HERE.

just checked out Em's web site Nat what a cutie his got a beautiful smile heheh i had to really look to find him in his cot with Pooh bear and all his friends

Yes Sheree, thanks for asking. I have now had AF three times in the last 3 1/2 weeks!! I don't know how we got to the routine. It's like someones swapped my baby! Like Nat said, I usually don't notice the totally obvious for a little while. I guess I started it by basically doing the same thing everyday (after the morning feed we always go for a walk and she has a sleep), and the rest she worked out for herself.
    Remember no matter how bad you think you are doing, there's a little person who loves us all unconditionally and thinks that we are the best there is!

I forget what else I was going to write....I hate the start of a new thread.....grrr have to go back and have a look.

OK, remembered. Yoou remonded me Nat. I want to layby some of the beautiful summer stuff they have at Target, but i don't know what size to get. Anyone with children enlighten me? Darcy hasn't cracked 5.5kg yet and she's only about 58cm long. She is in 000 stuff, but I can still squeeze her into her 0000 and even one 00000 outfit.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; July 31st, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Lea - Jovi is definitely easier to wash in the shower. In the bath, as soon as her feet hit the water she's off with her froggy swimming and tried to get away. So cute, but can be a bugger if you're in a hurry. Returning to work tomorrow, am going to only bath her at night now so we don't have to worry and she can have more of a play.

Liners - you should be able to get them at any supermarket. We usually shop at Franklins ...

Mum was kind enough to buy me the cloth nappies (24 of them ... plenty!), but I think they would cost about $40, but that's all you need. That way you have plenty each day etc Plus they're good bibs and stuff so you don't get thrown up on.

Tannis - Bonds suits are always smaller. Jovi never even got into 0000 in them. I def. ran out of milk ... I only got completely full in the first couple of weeks then was soft as. Once I stopped BF it only took a couple of days for there to be nothing at all.

Neverplan - OMG! I sometimes wish Jovi was in 00 ... my sister bought some gorgeous little clothes (like cordoroy skirt with matching jacket that has fur on it!!!). Hopefully she'll be in them not too long. Luckily we live in a pretty cold place so she'll still be able to wear them in Spring.

Scrappy - I can see some of the side teeth sitting in her gums, but none have come through yet ... bought her a teether the other day. She can't quite hold it yet, but she likes to suck and chew it if you hold it for her. They say that teeth can sometimes take months to come out ... bugger! lol

Well, my last weekday off ... had to take Scott to the dr's for more painkillers ... wish his Sept appointment would hurry up! Got Jovi weighed ... exactly 5 kilos (11 pound!). So in just under 2 weeks (would have been 2 weeks if we'd had her weighed on Wednesday) she's put on a whole pound. Little porker! lol

She's finally sleeping at the moment. Took me about half an hour to get her down, and she's due to have her bottle around 6:30 ... crap! Oh well, hopefully she'll keep sleeping a bit. She should ... she woke up around 4:30 and had a little feed of Apple and Mango puree ... I know she loved it but so did I! Had to stop myself from eating it ... mmmmmm lol

Someone come and play with me.....
    DH is woking arvos for a few days, and now that I don't have a demon child I have been able to get stuff done. I've done 4 loads of washing, brought in 2, done the ironing (the same shirt over and over is so boring, I wish the cops would change their colurs every now and again), the washing up, put the clothes away and sat on the puter for way too long. I still have another hour before a feed.....maybe I should scrapbook.....but then what will I do the next two days???

Anyone?

Scrappy I'm around! I'll play, so what will we do?

Do you have MSN?

[email protected]

Add me if anyone else wants

Ya gotta logon sillly!

Kellee Guest

Howdy all,

Has been CRAZY around here! I didn’t think I’d ever get to post again! Anyway, I will try to catch up with your multitude of posts… you gals are real chatterboxes.

Shazz – Don’t worry about the bender. If it makes you feel any better I just polished off the rest of the sticky date pudding that was in my fridge. Oops. IKWYM about the other thread – I am too much of a woos to pop into the June thread… I like you gals too much! Hope Ryan decided to let you sleep a bit more too! And great new ticker – he’s a real boy, isn’t he?! Bugger the teeth too. I forgot how much that sucks! You must have been really spaced out! I really hope that you get some sleep soon. What job are you going back to? That’s great! Where will Ryan be when you’re at work?

Tania – I had to laugh at the baby brain comment… DO I still have it? Yep. Have I ever got my brain back since the first time? Um, no. Sorry to burst your bubble. You never get it back! Hope you’ve ended up having a more lazy day today.

Jodie – sounds like Shaun is really getting the hang of sleeping well! That’s great. You’ll have to make sure you let us know when you’re on TV, you star! Oh, I did watch that medical show the night you guys were supposed to be on it but I didn’t see you… what happened?

Jess – why did Jack say it was his last camp? Is Patrick still sleeping well for you?

Kim – wow, your little one sure likes to change her routines! Just keeping you on your toes, I suppose. Sounds like she’s starting to learn to sleep well – can she come and teach Toby too? Seven hours sounds like heaven at the moment! Hope it continues.

Sara – what a gorgeous little one you have! Just beautiful. Hope the bleeding stops and it’s nothing serious.

Sheree – oh love, you’re not having an easy time of it are you? Giving up dairy would be really tough. I hope that it all works out ok in the end. This mothering thing can really suck sometimes. Good job on finding a business that will suit you too. Better timing this time! I really hope that you’re ok, whatever you have to do with the feeding. BF is a ‘natural’ thing to do, but it certainly doesn’t come naturally to most of us – I had the most horrific problems with BF Charlie and it was so hard, so I know what you’re going through. You have to do what’s best for you because if Mum isn’t happy then Mum can’t look after bub properly. You have done a wonderful job to make it this far and if you want to switch to FF you shouldn’t feel bad at all.

Vic – big hugs to you too. BF can be hard work sometimes. Don’t worry – this phase will pass, as you know, and then you won’t have to worry about it ever again.

Lea – LOL at the exclamation marks! I tend to put lots in too. Glad that work wasn’t too bad – it must have been so strange to be back there. Definitely worth it to keep Em looking so gorgeous. That disinfectant sounds good, but I get terrible allergies to body products and I reckon I’d break out in dermatitis if I used that.

Beck – I hope all goes well at work tomorrow. It will be hard for you to leave Jovi but you’ll be ok. You’ll probably enjoy having a little bit of time to yourself.

I meant to mention to you guys about the nappies I found too – they are the Aldi brand ones (I think they’re called Mamia) and I reckon they’re pretty much as good as Huggies. I’ve got both the boys in them now and they are SO much cheaper (around $15 for 54). Works out even cheaper for Charlie’s nappies too (we’re going to tt in a few months). Toby is doing pretty well. He’s giving me some cheeky grins and being generally gorgeous. It’s been AGES since his last feed so I’m probably going to go and gently wake him up for a feed sometime soon or he’ll be feeding all night. I got AF back too, although not too heavy. Hope it doesn’t last for too much longer. I’m about to start on the minipill too, but I’m a bit scared to DTD because my tearing was so shocking. We’ll get there eventually.

Anyway, sorry it’s been a while. DH is on late shifts this week which means that he doesn’t get home until around 8 – putting both the kids to bed and organising dinner on my own is a bit tricky, but it’s all a challenge, isn’t it? We all did pretty well for our first day without DH at home, but we missed him lots. We’re all going to have an excursion into the city with DH and have breakfast with him before he starts work tomorrow so that will be nice. Better go and get things ready for tomorrow – if there’s one thing I’ve learned recently it’s that the more organised you are the better! Hope you’re all well, and hello to anyone I may have missed.

Kellee- Apparently Jack started talking in his sleep saying I want to go home and the boys in his cabin started teasing him(which is nothing unusual!) He enjoyed himself though, but never wants to go on camp again.
    Pat is asleep and now so is Bella so lets keep fingers crossed!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls
    Gee, I can't say that I am a fan of a new thread...I have to keep going back to the old one, so I apologise if I miss anyone.

Lea ~ so you didn't have pixifotos done....NEITHER DID I (LOL), I forgot all about it. I was talking to DH about it and we both agreed that it would be better when she is a little older and sitting up by herself.....I know, I know, here I was telling you about it and then I forget myself...not to worry, I'm sure they will be back. I already have quite a few really beautiful pics of Phoebe taken with the good old digital camera....change them to black & white and they look professional. I am in no way missing work, the people definately...don't have any plans to return anytime before Phoebe turns 1, but I plan on studying next year and with Samuel starting kindy in just over 12 months I will probably only return for 1 day a week. Well that's the plan anyway.

Scrappy ~ 3 AF's in 3 1/2 weeks, you poor thing...I have had cramping for about the past 10 days and thought OMG it's coming back, but nothing yet....that's ok I really don't mind. (LOL) Great that Darcy is still in a routine, doesn't it make it so much easier. Easier to plan the day, especially if you are going out. Phoebe is doing well, she still has the odd day where the daytime routine is a little out the window, but in bed the same time every night (9pm) and wakes somewhere between (6am & 8am)...Gotta be happy with that. I definately have no excuses for being sleep deprived, but I am...which is all my own fault, to busy scrapbooking and posting in here.(LOL)
    I think that if you are going to buy Darcy some summer stuff, you should be pretty safe with 00, going by the sizing with my son, he was 00 4-5months before his first birthday and then 0 on his birthday.

Kellee ~ totally understand you not posting in awhile, you poor thing you must collapse in a heap at the end of the day....what a champion you are, the end of the day is hard enough, but doing it on your own....well that's another story. Good one chick!!

Take Care to all X

Jodie259 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kellee
    Jodie – sounds like Shaun is really getting the hang of sleeping well! That’s great. You’ll have to make sure you let us know when you’re on TV, you star! Oh, I did watch that medical show the night you guys were supposed to be on it but I didn’t see you… what happened?
    I am so wrapt as Shaun has turned into the dream baby. As soon as I see his tired signs I put him in his basinette (awake) and he gets himself off to sleep. Occassionally he is a bit upset, so we have a cuddle & nap together on the "big bed". He is more relaxed, and I've had no screaming from him for days! Which is a relief as my hubby is away with work tonight.

My hubbies "Medical Emergency" episode is still due to come on. I phoned Channel 7 & asked when... but their computers were down. The guy on the phone laughed and said he remembered that episode & it's definately coming on. They should phone me before it airs. So I will let you know.

A Current Affair are coming tomorrow morning to interview me... I better go and have a shower, blowwave my hair, pluck my eyebrows.. I'm not sure when it will be aired. There was meant to be two other families, but they both pulled out.

Has everyone had their immunisation shots? Shaun was due a week or so ago, but he was in hospital. Now there is ACA filming, so we've put it off until next Monday. How long do they stay grumpy for??

I'm excited, as I start mothers group on Thursday. I'm keen to meet some other mummies.

Thanks for the tip on Aldi nappies. At the moment I'm trying out heaps of them! Huggies are good & I've found a place that sells them cheap & delivers!. I tried target brand, and they were okay. Then BabyLove and I'm not too keen on those (they seem to leak easily), and now I'm onto Snugglers and they seem really good so far. Maybe I should try out Aldi ones!! I go through heaps of nappies. Shaun seems to be a peeing machine!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Jodie ~ Babies tend to react differently, a majority show no effects at all. It might be a good idea to have some infant panadol on hand. Phoebe was fine for a few hours after and then started to scream and become very unsettled. I gave her some panadol before putting her to bed and by the morning she was fine. They get a bit of localised swelling as well, but that tends to disappear in a few days. Good luck with it, I was such a sook. Hope Shaun goes well with it and doesn't cry too much!
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; August 1st, 2006 at 12:00 AM.

Hi Girls,

Thanks Lea, I'm so in love wth my lil man...he's absolutley gorgeous but then I'm bias haha. Jayden doesn't like tummy time either and because he was such a spewy baby we don't do tummy time all that often, he cried for a few mins then he was asleep. Iwasted his sleep time, I sat in front of the computer playing with tickers and his web site haha I'm doing the washing now haha.

Sheree: I stretched his last feed out til 9.30pm despite detaching himself all the time kept him going for as long as I could on bith sides, that will usually see him thru the night...but we'll see haha he has just gone to sleep now do fingers crossed haha. Jayden is my first bub, he was born on 26th May. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive Bundy to Gin Gin every day it would get on my nerves too. I football style easier on the right side because I had a lump in that boob when I was 18 and after they took it out it kinda changed the shape, after a lot of practise I can now feed normally off both side (whether theres enough is another thing) I have formula here just in case.
    He doesn't usually sleep all day but he didn't sleep thru last night so he was catching up I think. He usually sleeps if we are shopping which is good, do you want to borow him to teach Lachie? haha. The Base was pretty good, I got the ward to myself for the whole time I was in there...I think that might have been because DP had his family there almost 24/7....(not impressed!!). We went to antenatal but on Wednesday nights...you went Tuesdays right? Did Tracey run yours? She is DP's cousin....I swear half of Bundy is related to him in some way LOL.

Beck: I thought Bonds was a bit smaller than average sizing, he has other brands that are too small too but not much. Good Luck at work tomorrow, hope it goes well. Are you PT or FT? At least it wasn't too painfull running out of milk, I must have enough as I'm sore in the mornings if Jayden has slept thru. Jayden has his weigh in tomorrow, I'll let u all know how he goes.

Kellee: Bugger about baby brain LOL didn't think it would go away haha. We had a very lazy day, Jayden slept most of it and of course it was all on between 5pm and 8pm after DP went to work, the boy cried for attention and cuddles, dogs fighting cause they were hungry, cat whinging despite being fed already haha. But I still cooked the dogs dinner and my own, ate, threw the cat outside, fed the boy, watched Big Brother and sat in the rocking chair and read 3 golden books to Jayden. It was a good day really haha.

Well I'm one hand typing (clingy phase isn't over) I better put him to bed and go to bed myself.

Night everyone oxox

Jayden had his needles 2 weeks ago, he screamed while the needles were going in, then he was fine, he slept so I went shopping. I checked his temp when we got home, no panadol needed at all and he slept thru the night

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Tannis - FULLTIME!!! Should be interesting to say the least ....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast