Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #7

Sprig cleaning.....declutter....probably should do that too....naaaah.

Well we weighed in at 6.45kg today. Much better than last fortnight. Guess my milks not drying up like I thought...

Glad DH got an interview Leanne - here's hoping....

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Scrappy ~ 6.45kg wow that's great....I wouldn't have a clue how much Phoebe weighs. Going to have her immunisation done on Tuesday so I will find out then. I thought my milk supply was dwindling/drying up a little as well. Phoebe has been having a few days of fussy feeding and rejecting a little as well. This affected my supply....I honestly thought that if she continued on with that, I was going to have to put her on formula, but now she is fine again. Such a silly little sausage.

Well I must admit that I was very eager and motivated this morning with the cleaning thing, but I have got a little slack as the day has worn on. I just got back from going up to collect the mail and take Samuel to the playground and on the way back he was getting tired and wanted me to carry him (yeah right whilst pushing the pram, I don't think so) and he cracked the poos, so I have put him in his room to finish his tantrum. Hopefully he will get into bed and have a sleep.

I think I should at least finish something today, otherwise I'll feel like I haven't achieved anything. DH has an RDO tomorrow, so I probably won't get much done with him around.

BBL

Mummy - I hate Cam's days off. I'm sure he thinks I sit in front of the tele all day. If I hear "Just come and sit with me..." one more time! I'm sure he thinks the maid comes in when he's at work....grr

Well, I thought Darcy didn't like to be wrapped....how wrong I was. She slept great this morning. Had to wake her to get her weighed in time. But this arvie it's a bit hot so I didn't wrap her when I put her down...mistake. She had a party in the cot! Laughing and talking to the light and the mobile. Would not go to sleep. So we did the groceries instead. On the way home she fell asleep Didn't wake with the rustling or the boot slamming (we have a hatch so it's open). I tried to put her down upwrapped again and the party started. So I've wrapped the top half. And straight away she's gone to sleep....guess I'll get lots a use out of my wraps after all.....

OK so I need to get a life.

We have a new trick!!! She can blow raspberries properly!!! Very funny.

Sorry gals, gotta get tea organised, so just quickly.

I started Lachie on Farex on Tuesday after the CHN said that it wouldn't hurt to see if we can beef him up and keep some of those fluids down. He is not so sure about it all but opens his mouth everytime so I am thinking that is a good thing. Still not sure how to swallow properly but each and everytime is getting better. I am giving him a teaspoon morning and night. I am not going to start him on anything else until at least 5 mths, so we will keep going with this for 1 mth to start with. I really don't feel that Lachie is hungry for it, but it is worth a try.

And that sleeping thing was a one off, the 8 hours and the good sleeps during the day, but in saying that he is sleeping but just back to cat naps. Its funny since he is a bit older, he is realising that this sleep thing aint too bad! Its even more funny that this morning I asked Wade to hang out the washing and he forgot so I had to quickly do it before Lachie and I went to town, Lachie was showing tired signs so I thought, I will just put you in your cot while I hang out the washing, I was gone 5 mins and came back and he was sound asleep, only for 1/2 hour, but I was so pleased that he actually put himself to sleep for a change, a very nice change.

Kim - I have started wrapping Lachie again, as he wakes up rubs his face profusely, knocks the dummy out and the sleeping is all over. Have found this is working for us again, I stopped ages ago as it started to get too hot, I am wrapping him in a really really thin wrap. Hope you have a good night out too honey!

Tania - I bought lachie these swimmer pants from K-mart today and a floatie thing for him to sit in so I am all set if you want to go to the pool with the boys, maybe we should ring that center and make sure we can! Didn't catch up with you in town today, I had too much to do sorry. Well Jayden is only a smidgen bigger then Lachie then, he is 5.11kgs, but he is longer then Jayden, now measuring at 62cm, he grew 3cm in 2 weeks, that didn't really show with the weight gain, funny that hey? I think off memory his head is measuring at 42cm. It will be interesting to put the boys up against each other.

Who else who else, sorry for the lack of personals, ummmmm, ohhhh my head is not with it, these big trips to town for the day, make my head thump! Driving home 50kms in the sun probably doesn't help!

Hello everyone!!

Well we have been to the dr's today as Briley had a bit of a cough for the last couple of weeks and it has just started to get worse so i took her to the Dr's. The dr examined her and listened to her chest and said she has stuff on her chest and now she is on anti-biotics. Poor little bugger has been fairly miserable the last couple of days and now has a bit of a fever. I have given her some panadol and now she is sleeping in near the heater. I also got the nurse to weigh and measure her. She is now 5.9kg and 61cm long and HC of 41cm. She is growing beautifully.

I think i am getting my p's cause i am biting everyones head of at the drop of a hat. Today i met my mum and her friend at spotlight. After that i needed to take Briley to the dr's and was going to meet them for lunch. Well, mum was trying to call me in the Dr's but the phone kept cutting out so i rang her when i got out. She told me that they were already eating lunch!!!:mad: I was pretty p****ed to say the least. She could'nt understand what the problem was and called me cranky!! MUMS...you gotta love em!!

Kim - Yeah i know....i will have to wait now. I think it prolly the best thing anyways. Until Briley get a bit older. And with me starting uni next feb i think i will be busy enough. So...you never mentioned how the concert went???? Is Hugh Jackman as "HOT" in real life. I've never been to a show like that. I have been to a Keith Urban concert though and he was HOT HOT HOT!!! Nicole is one lucky mumma!!!LOL

Marlea - Great to hear things are looking up for you. I am really enjoying motherhood myself now. I really appreciate the time that i have with her. Hope all goes well. Good luck!!

Ohhh well...better go and help Brent cook tea. He does'nt know how to cook stove top gravy so i have to do it.

Talk to you all tomorrow

Ciao

Ohhh hope Briley gets better Sara. Your little girl aint too big is she, but still bigger the my little boy! Its funny how their measurements are more and the weight is less, shows how scrawny my little boy is. His HC is 42cm and length is 62cm.

Ohhhh and I forgot to mention I just got AF too! Gosh I forgot how bloody painful it is, my legs have been aching, I have felt sooo sick, feel like I have been getting a cold too, AF always runs me down! Atleast I know those other blood occassions were only spotting due the mini pill and this is my very first AF, cause I didn't experience any pain with those other episodes. Gosh I have felt like CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne: Great to hear the meds are working!! Congrats to your brother and new SIL, and good luck to your DH

Vic: I dressed Jayden up as Tigger to my niece's bday in july....I have a winnie the pooh outfit too so I need to go to one more fancy dress party while he still fits into 000 LOL. I don't watch rockstar, but I have seen it once, LOL @ Adam singing away.

Mummy: Good luck with Phoebe's needles, ours are coming up on the 21st. I hope it didn't take too long for Samuel to get over his tantrum hehe.

Kim: Little Miss Darcy keeping her mummy on her toes!!Speaking of men thinking we sit in front of the TV, I was saying how much sleep DP gets a night compared to me and he said its broken sleep so he's still tired...I said BROKEN SLEEP...YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT BROKEN SLEEP!!!After I have spent the past 2 nights up nearly every hour! He said it doesn't count because I don't have to go to work LOLwhat a joke, at least he gets a weekend!! LOL @ Darcy doing raspberries!!

Sheree: What time were you at Kmart? I was meant to go up there to meet MIL as it was her bday but because Jayden wasn't well and asleep I didn't go...how weird would it be if we just ran into each other LOL. Jayden has a little swim nappy too its so cute. We can go to the pools but just can't get lessons, there is a pool in Princess St too which is apparently heated....I don't know any public pool in Bundy so you might have a better idea than me LOL. I can't wait to put them together too it will be so funny. Poor you getting AF's!! I haven't had mine for over a year now "touch wood" YAY!!

Sara: Briley sick too!! Oh poor girl, I hope she gets better soon and you too getting AF!

We went to MIL's for her bday this arve and as soon as I walked in the door nephew #2 yells " I've got him first"! I said (loud enough for everyone to hear) No one is having him today because he is sick and sooking.....I no sooner finished my sentance and SIL #1 had her arms out to take him....anyway after me saying no again she said "come on he won't mind" She got him but OMG why can't they just listen to what I say and respect my decision....Its the first time in 3mths 2wks 5days that I have specifically said no and they don't care!! Anyway in the 2 hours we were there 6 ppl had him!!

Anyway Jayden has been in bed since 8pm and has woken 3 times already...I think we are going to have another night like the last two nights. So I'm off to bed myself try and get a bit more sleep....Oh I put Jayden to sleep on his belly tonight so hopefully it works and he sleeps longer.

Night everyone
    oxoxoxox

Why doesn't he want to sleep!!! I got to sleep about 10pm, I have been up to him at least 8-10 times, fed and changed him and now he is wide awake playing under his gym!! You girls who have or had babies that didn't sleep OMG.....I understand now!!

Hope everyone else is snug in bed right night

oxoxoxox

I bet after he put on that weight he's having a resting phase Tania and his little body doesn't know what to do with all that extra energy. I find that with Darcy. She sleeps really well on the weeks she puts on heaps. But not on the other weeks. We have that work arguement a it as well - he forgets that I did and will do again the same job as him only longer hours (he does 9.5hr shifts and no real nights and I do 12hrs and 6.30pm-7am). This current job I have is WAY harder and more draining - and the hours suck!! At least as a cop I have OC spray, a baton, handcuffs and firearm to deal with someone doing the wrong thing and there are rules and policies - this baby didn't come with an off swich or a handbook....

Speaking of this baby. I finally got to sleep at 4.50am, and Cam has to get up and be noisy and wake Darcy at 5.15am! He thinks he's being quiet....my a$$! I tired to put her back to sleep a few times, but the more you have to get up the more awake you are, so I brought her into bed with me. I was so cranky and trying to shut my eyes, but then there was this little face peering across the pillow at me smiling...she wiggled herself over and put her hand in my mouth. How can you be cranky with that??

Sara its tonight. But very excited!!! Any time you want to see a show if you're in Sydney - I'm your girl!! I love em. I have loved Hugh since Corelli so can't wait to see him. Poor Briley, hope she's well soon.

Sheree Darcy does the eye rub thng as well. As long as her hands are secured she sleeps. I'm going to try and fashion a sheet so I can get it to stay tucked in tight - might sew it like a sleeping bag to fit over the en of the matress and have buttons or elastic secure it or something. It's getting too hot to have the balnkets that hold her in, and the sheet just comes undone with a couple of kicks.

Have a good weekend everyone else.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Once again, at work. Moved my desk around yesterday to make room for another filing cabinet seeing as though I have that much work to do these days, so now no one can see what I am doing so thought I would post quickly before getting back into it.

Jovi's hip scans don't cost us anymore since the hospital reopened it's u/s section (it had been closed for some reason), so medicare picks up the tab thank god. The first one cost us cos of the hospital being shut.

I don't think Jovi has any pain with her hips. She's really strong in her legs and constantly wants to stand up or push herself away from you when you're changing her nappy.

The sonographer at the first u/s did tell us it was only a slight displacement that should correct itself over time. So no we're not double nappying her, but she does wear cloth at home usually which would help.

She's over 6kg now which is awesome. Such a heavy little bugger these days, esp. when she won't go to sleep even if she's exhausted and you have to rock her.

Jovi has also been fussing over her bottle lately. I usually get her to drink at least 90mL though (half bottle) and will sometimes give her a bit of food as well just to make sure. Half the time we get her to drink her whole bottle by stripping her off ... she loves to be naked just a little too much. If she had her way, I think she'd like to be naked all the time. Little turd!

Scott is on a waiting list to have his back operated on. He has a bulging disc which just isn't getting any better and as he is sick of the pain and looks after Jovi his doctor agreed to surgery and has put him on the urgent list. Thankfully medicare is going to cover the costs otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it at all. He'll be laid up for a while and we were told it will take about 6 weeks for full recovery. Luckily I have enough leave up to take it off when we get the call, but I think I will take 4 weeks off and his mum will come over for a couple to help out which will be good.

Work is going ok. Have HEAPS and HEAPS on, but will eventually get through it. Will spend the next month scanning all my applications I think (600+!!) ... how exciting! lol

Jovi's naming day is fast approaching ... so not organised!

Anyway ... that's about it ... will one of these days catch up properly with everyone.

Hey guys sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. Rushed off my feet.

Just quickly - I often had Em under the playgym at all hours of the night. He's a stubborn little fellow and if he's not tired then he wants to play! I find it easier to let him play until his tired and then try and get him to sleep. I've tried doing exactly what you said Vic and the little buggar hates to be ignored. Just last night I put him back in his cot wide awake and he played for a little but then cried for attention. I actually have a feeling his gums are hurting him so I'm off to the shops to get bonjella!

Will BBL to do personals!

Kim: I can't stay cranky at Jayden either....as soon as he smiles my heart melts haha, I'm hoping this no sleeping think is just because he has a cold and can't breath properly

Beck: Thats great news that Jovi's U/S's won't cost, DH's op too, and Jovi's hips aren't causing her any grief. LOL @ Jovi wanting a bottle in the nude!!

Vic: Putting Jayden under his gym was an absolute last resort...I have had the previous 2 nights getting up to him to either just put his dummy back in or feed him nearly every hour, he went to sleep around 8pm last night and woke I think at 11pm and then I was up to him anywhere between 10mins-30mins after that. I fed him at about 2.30am with dim light, no talking no nappy change etc. and was wide awake after that and as soon as I put him back in his cot he'd cry again, so I changed his nappy...again didn't work and I was so tired I couldn't stand over his cot any longer, so I put him under his gym thinking he would get tired straight away.. LOL as if....I ended up getting on the computer so I wouldn't fall asleep and even grabbed the icecream and ate the rest of it from the tub hahaha. Our visit to the inlaws probably didn't help him...vultures they are LOL. Our usual routine is in his cot asleep by 9/9.30pm and doesn't stir again until 4.30am for a feed (no nappy change, no talking, dim light etc) then its back to sleep for another few hours (anywhere between 2 and 4 hrs).

Nat: I think that is Jayden's problem too with the gums that and having this little cold, he is really not himself......Jayden hates being ignored too but its usually not a problem as the 4.30am feed he is half asleep still.

Anyway Jayden got to sleep by 3.45am and of course I was wide awake by this stage and didn't fall asleep until after 5am. Jayden woke at about 8.30am, SIL#1 was here by 10am to see how Jayden was (a phone call wouldn't have been enough??) 10.45am Jayden was asleep again so I went straight to bed myself and we both woke just before 1pm.....I feel human again LOL.

Anyway I'm off to get some bonjella myself

oxox

I am like you Vic, you are not alone, although I can't do it all in the dark, we have a dim light.

You poor thing Tania, I am sooo glad that Lachlan has always known his night and day and hasn't really wanted to play at night thank god!

Ohh and a stupid question, those swimmers did you get them from K-mart too? What colour are yours? and here is the stupid question, do you still put a nappy underneath them?

Ohh Kim if that works, you might just have to make me one too!
    Last edited by Lea13; September 15th, 2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Double Post

New thread time ladies!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567